Home Sports Talk

The Kansas City Chiefs are setting themselves up for a major collapse this upcoming season.

Comments

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

the dynasty is just Mahomes .
    just like the patriots dynasty was 100% Tom Brady

every single patriot other than Brady would be at home working at a burger king

and without Tom so would Bill B

Andy Reid was a zero BPM. He would be wiping out an all you can eat buffet somewhere without Mahomes dragging him to fame

and for any confused massholes BPM stands for Before Patrick Mahomes not Brockton Public Market :#

did you really write juju smith schuster in under 2024 ? the dude is in a wheelchair

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Chiefs dynasty is 1 person then it’s GM Brett Veach.
    But it’s not 1 person just bronco at his bizarre best again.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took the 6 points with Cinncinati.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

This past week, nothing but news about Taylor this and Taylor that. I wish she would join some charity and move-in with a remote tribe in Indonesia for five or ten years and be rid of her, but I'm guessing that probably ain't gonna happen.

Most if not virtually all of it was regarding Taylor and the Mahomes family, political chit, so let's not discuss that here. Suffice to say it will be interesting to see how it affects the Chief's performance coming up, especially that of Patrick?

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭

I haven’t seen anything in the news about Taylor Swift. I must be doing something right.

Maybe you restr> @bgr said:

I haven’t seen anything in the news about Taylor Swift. I must be doing something right.

Perhaps you restricted yourself to just playing online poker and watching old movies. 😉

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    This past week, nothing but news about Taylor this and Taylor that. I wish she would join some charity and move-in with a remote tribe in Indonesia for five or ten years and be rid of her, but I'm guessing that probably ain't gonna happen.

Most if not virtually all of it was regarding Taylor and the Mahomes family, political chit, so let's not discuss that here. Suffice to say it will be interesting to see how it affects the Chief's performance coming up, especially that of Patrick?

Even with how much attention she brings to the Chiefs, the Chiefs are siding with Mahomes 1000 times out of 1000 if the off field stuff ever turned serious or spilled over to Patrick and Travis

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Perhaps you restricted yourself to just playing online poker and watching old movies. 😉

With the amount of times that you’ve typed the words “Taylor Swift” here, the internet algorithms must be endlessly feeding you Taylor content. 😂

The simple answer here is to just stop talking about her lol.

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

With the amount of times that you’ve typed the words “Taylor Swift” here, the internet algorithms must be endlessly feeding you Taylor content. 😂

The simple answer here is to just stop talking about her lol.

The purpose of the post was about Patrick not Taylor.

So far, end of 1st quarter at home. Patrick having a dull game with an interception.

Of course with his talent, that could turn on a dime. We shall see.

• pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

@bgr said:

You must not be watching the news.

@pdoidoi said:

@bgr said:

You must not be watching the news.

That is likely it. I do have a paid service which presents a digest of news from Bloomberg, TechCrunch, Forbes, tNYT, tWSJ, Entrepreneur, B2C, Inc., Business Insider, Digital Trends and a bunch of others. Those are the ones I currently have enabled in my feed. I’ve never found network news to be informational because they fail to present information accurately, completely, or both. I’m going to watch network news tonight though. I want to know what’s goin on with Taylor!

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

they need some mahomes magic today

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Chiefs have talent, no question about it. But they've also gotta be the luckiest ******* team on the planet.

They could easily be 0-2 right now.

2nd game the other team made a mistake to give up the winn

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Mahomes with two int's this game and I think he had two last game.

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

That's a winner, chicken dinner. 🐔

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

That's a winner, chicken dinner. 🐔

Hooked them in my parlay with the Niners ML win from the Sept 9th game against the Jets. 1 parlay win today, 2 losers

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@stevek said:

That would be cool if a certain Eagle fan named SteveK would join her. 🥳

people watch news?

in 2024 y'all watching news?

but

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

is there something up with Travis Kelce? i notice his season statline is 4 catches for 39 yards and zero TDs. is he too distracted? Washed? he is 35 now I believe.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    is there something up with Travis Kelce? i notice his season statline is 4 catches for 39 yards and zero TDs. is he too distracted? Washed? he is 35 now I believe.

All of the above?

@craig44 said:

Travis is a big movie star now and worldwide celebrity.

Why would he be interested in playing football?

@craig44 said:

The radio guys asked Mahomes the same thing. Nothing wrong, he’s just drawing more coverage than usual. He will get his catches. A lot bigger problem is Hollywood Brown being out for the year.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

this is just what my own personal eye test says, but i think it's a combo of him losing half a step, plus Mahomie having more confidence in the other skill position guys as compared to last year. Rice looks like a #1 in the making. they were trying to get the ball in Worthy's hands so he could blaze. Pacheco had a ton of touches. more mouths to feed.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

and btw that was not one of Mahomes' better games. ultimately he took them down the field on the final drive and they won the game, which is all that matters, but they were standing on the edge of the cliff while doing so. Cincy always plays them tough.

when i update the QBR rankings in the morning PM will probably be middle of the pack

@galaxy27 said:
    and btw that was not one of Mahomes' better games. ultimately he took them down the field on the final drive and they won the game, which is all that matters, but they were standing on the edge of the cliff while doing so. Cincy always plays them tough.

when i update the QBR rankings in the morning PM will probably be middle of the pack

I noticed Mahomes is not playing at his normal level this season. Last season was also subpar. Is there something going on with him? This should be his absolute prime.

@Darin said:

@craig44 said:

A lot bigger problem is Hollywood Brown being out for the year.

I just read that Pacheco also suffered a fractured fibula too and will miss at least 4 games, maybe more. We all know that replacing a good RB is easier than finding one more good WR but still, losing IP will likely hurt the Chiefs at some point.

@Darin said:

@craig44 said:

The radio guys asked Mahomes the same thing. Nothing wrong, he’s just drawing more coverage than usual. He will get his catches. A lot bigger problem is Hollywood Brown being out for the year.

Mahomes knows they won't have him after election day when he and taylor flee the country , good idea to get other guys more involved now

• pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

Maybe he is distracted.

@craig44 said:

@galaxy27 said:

I noticed Mahomes is not playing at his normal level this season. Last season was also subpar. Is there something going on with him? This should be his absolute prime.

Last year? Check how many catches MVS, Toney, and Skyy Moore had last year. Then add about 10 drops to each of their totals. That’s how many times each of them got open last year.

after what Mahomes did last year, i'll never underestimate him. those 3 guys darin just mentioned probably shouldn't even be on an NFL roster. yet that's who he was forced to throw to many times. and he ended up with a chip.

yesterday the Chiefs were as gettable at home as they ever will be, yet he still willed them to victory with his C game out there. cuz winning is what he does.

@galaxy27 said:
    after what Mahomes did last year, i'll never underestimate him. those 3 guys darin just mentioned probably shouldn't even be on an NFL roster. yet that's who he was forced to throw to many times. and he ended up with a chip.

yesterday the Chiefs were as gettable at home as they ever will be, yet he still willed them to victory with his C game out there. cuz winning is what he does.

Mahomes has sucked the first two games and he knows it too. The first thing he said was he has to cut out the turnovers.
    The defense has bailed him out by generally allowing more field goals than touchdowns. And Jamar Chase bailed out the defense by acting like a little child. Jamar played a lot better for us than the bengals.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@Darin said:

@craig44 said:

I just read that Pacheco also suffered a fractured fibula too and will miss at least 4 games, maybe more. We all know that replacing a good RB is easier than finding one more good WR but still, losing IP will likely hurt the Chiefs at some point.

Wow I saw the play where he got hurt then after the game he was cheering that they got the win and marching onto the field like all was well

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@Darin said:

@craig44 said:

Wow I saw the play where he got hurt then after the game he was cheering that they got the win and marching onto the field like all was well

I haven’t seen the play yet, just read an article about the injury. I was surprised to hear that he could come back so quickly after fracturing a fibula like that.

too bad about his leg. I hate when injuries derail. It is surprising that a RB could come back that quickly from a broken leg.

@craig44 said:
    too bad about his leg. I hate when injuries derail. It is surprising that a RB could come back that quickly from a broken leg.

he is a running back he has at best a 3 year career then hes emptying the trash at wendys.
    he is saying just shoot me full of drugs ill play on a broken leg i just dont want to lose my spot on the roster to some other stiff

6-8 weeks on IR for Pacheco and KC has Kareem Hunt coming in for a workout tomorrow.

oh my gosh, Hunt?!?!?!?! didnt they cut that guy years ago for some sort of domestic abuse disturbance? That is a SUPER bad look for Reid. not much integrity there...

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    oh my gosh, Hunt?!?!?!?! didnt they cut that guy years ago for some sort of domestic abuse disturbance? That is a SUPER bad look for Reid. not much integrity there...

I dont think it was domestic but he pushed some woman to the ground and kicked her. It was definitely assault on a woman. He probably gave her a secret pay off so she wouldnt press charges given that no charges were filed and its clear as day on video. As long as you arent critical of the league or a pedophile NFL teams just simply dont care if they think you can help them win

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Chiefs right now may be the worst 2-0 team in NFL history.

The bookies though still showing them some love as 4.5 point favorites this coming Sunday night.

Curious on this one because I've seen this type of comment before - don't mean anything negative by this either. How long should someone be black-balled from the league for a sort-of-crime. I didn't want to manufacture crimes so I went to google and the top link on my search was the NFL player arrests database.

Domestic violence
    DUI
    Drugs
    Burglary
    Animal Cruelty
    Menacing
    Assault
    Gambling
    Battery
    Reckless driving

I stopped on page 1 - There are 55! pages.

Link for the adventerous!

https://databases.usatoday.com/nfl-arrests/

What do you you think the duration of banishment should be? I can't honestly say I've given it any thought myself..

Totally should have been a new discussion - sorry Steve.

@bgr said:
    Totally should have been a new discussion - sorry Steve.

I don't think the mods have any problem with a comment or two like that, just as long it doesn't digress into non-stop silly personal name calling. There's thousands of forums out there for those who enjoy that sort of chit, like one newbie poster on here in particular.

@stevek said:
    Chiefs right now may be the worst 2-0 team in NFL history.

The bookies though still showing them some love as 4.5 point favorites this coming Sunday night.

Didn’t the Eagles start 2-0 last year?
    How did that go for you?

Short term memory and posting on this forum don’t mix well.

@Darin said:

hey D...
    I know...I know...

I've seen it happen twice...Once with me, and another time with another Cool Football'er here that just happened recently...

I could pull out the old hard drives, and Show Plenty of Evidence...Yep Too Much RAM... Random Access Memory..

That particular member here should know exactly what was typed...Not only once but twice....

hey D...
    Like you said/typed:

Stay Cool...
    I'll catch ya later...

i fractured my fibula and didn't even know it. if isn't mangled, perhaps it'll take the 6 weeks some sites say

@Basebal21 said:

@craig44 said:

I dont think it was domestic but he pushed some woman to the ground and kicked her. It was definitely assault on a woman. He probably gave her a secret pay off so she wouldnt press charges given that no charges were filed and its clear as day on video. As long as you arent critical of the league or a pedophile NFL teams just simply dont care if they think you can help them win

close enough. any time a man lays hands on a woman it is a major red flag for me.