Home Sports Talk

The Kansas City Chiefs are setting themselves up for a major collapse this upcoming season.

Comments

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    you guys are the best ☝️

and why am i not included in mistlin's ring of honor

was my batting average too high or something

I think it’s just a matter of misty realizing he can’t pretend to ignore everyone. If it makes you feel better I’m sure he has as much disdain for you as he has for the rest of us.😂

The dude is so insightful. Bobby Witt is hitting .414 at home, has said publicly many times how much he loves playing in KC, and signed a long term contract.
    But the mist man came up with the idiotic theory that Witt is going to force a trade! 😆

Oh and by the way…. does anyone but me realize what a genius bronco is?
    I swear all he wrote was ‘Elly is a girl’s name’ and bam he’s on the pretend ignore list!
    If I only knew it was that easy. 🥳

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe he was named Elly to toughen him up.

As in the Johnny Cash song, A Boy Named Sue.

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Final
    Chiefs 13
    Jaguars 26

No worries, it's only a pre-season game.

I don't think the Patrick Mahomes trade rumors are valid at this point.

Xavier Worthy had 0 receptions.

Maybe Andy Reid can make something useful out of him, perhaps as a cheerleader?

https://parade.com/tv/travis-kelce-game-show-are-you-smarter-than-a-celebrity

Travis Kelce to Host New Game Show, 'Are You Smarter Than a Celebrity?'

Attaboy Travis - way to stay focused on football. 😆

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭

https://x.com/NFL/status/1824932556074053955

This is both impressive and funny

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

Travis not focused but Mahomes still seems to be, and that's the main thing.

Perhaps by mid-season this thread will be a ghost town? We shall see.

@stevek said:

@Basebal21 said:

As much as I dislike always seeing Travis on commercials flipping channels I wont really blame him for not caring about preseason. I did think it was funny though that Patrick was just like I dont care about this and threw it behind his back

Missouri 14 OSU 3

I'm seeing cracks in the Chiefs armor.

But then again if they go 20-0 for the season, I will apologize. 😉

I got the Welder Ready To Go...
    🥽🔥🥽🔥

if they go 20-0 for the season.

I'd End Up With A Nervous Breakdown...
    🤣🙃🤣🙃

@stevek said:

@Basebal21 said:

Since there’s understandably no Eagles thread this year after the epic, monumental collapse of last year because it would be too embarrassing for you could you let me know after that fiasco who they got to replace this bozo….

@stevek said:

What were you saying about Xavier Worthy again? Do you have the stats for the second preseason game? How about an update?

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

What were you saying about Xavier Worthy again? Do you have the stats for the second preseason game? How about an update?

Worthy did have a pretty good game.

Will he turn out to be an elite receiver, or just another prima-donna rich jerk who doesn't really care if he performs at a high level on a consistent basis? I'm leaning towards the latter.

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

@Basebal21 said:

Since there’s understandably no Eagles thread this year after the epic, monumental collapse of last year because it would be too embarrassing for you could you let me know after that fiasco who they got to replace this bozo….

I can't argue with the facts. The Eagles collapse last season was awful. I'm hoping the Eagles learn from that and make the necessary adjustments.

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

Will he turn out to be an elite receiver, or just another prima-donna rich jerk who doesn't really care if he performs at a high level on a consistent basis? I'm leaning towards the latter.

You will have to excuse me if I lack confidence in your ability to evaluate NFL players. I remember a few short years ago you were urging us to stock up on Carson Wentz rookie cards. Now he’s a backup to Mahomes. 😂

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

You will have to excuse me if I lack confidence in your ability to evaluate NFL players. I remember a few short years ago you were urging us to stock up on Carson Wentz rookie cards. Now he’s a backup to Mahomes. 😂

That's what I like...happy, content, and over-confident Chiefs fans.

Then when the Chiefs flounder this season, i'll have a lot more fun in this thread. 😆

BTW - I stated that with a caution about Wentz, as he had injury problems in college. It was sort of a risky high first round draft pick. He went second in that draft. But the Eagles don't win the Super Bowl without him. Wentz was having an MVP season that season the Eagles won the Super Bowl, but then he got injured late in that season. However by then Wentz had set the table, and fortunately Nick Foles closed the deal. So I have no complaints about Carson Wentz. 😊

Although i wouldn't have liked having a big investment in his rookie cards.

• MistlinMistlin Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

The unhinged jealousy of KC by Philly fans is hilarious to see. I guess when you go to bed with nightmares of yet another Mahomes super bowl win, posting about a 'collapse' is all you have.

I do not have time for ignorant trolls.
    ignore list: 1948_Swell_Robinson, Darin, bgr, bronco2078, dallasactuary

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the AFC West in 2024 will see K.C. on top, with the Raiders and Chargers fighting each other for the bottom spot and Denver finally having a good season seeing the Broncos return to the playoffs.

I look forward to watching the Broncos and Chiefs play this year, as these two games should be much more competitive than in years past.

Bad news for Steve and the future success of this thread……
    I didn’t watch the preseason game against the Lions but was reading that Xavier Worthy caught a 39 yard TD. Later after that happened Worthy went deep as a decoy and took two defenders with him and opened up a short route I think for Justin Watson who was wide open for 20 yards.
    So we have a legit threat who can get open deep and catch Mahomes bombs and he can take defenders with him deep and open up shorter routes for the other receivers.
    This is going to be fun. 🥳

Worthy might be Tyreek all over again for KC hopefully without the cockiness and constant challenging of world class sprinters to a race. 😁

@Darin said:
    I didn’t watch the preseason game against the Lions but was reading that Xavier Worthy caught a 39 yard TD. Later after that happened Worthy went deep as a decoy and took two defenders with him and opened up a short route I think for Justin Watson who was wide open for 20 yards.
    So we have a legit threat who can get open deep and catch Mahomes bombs and he can take defenders with him deep and open up shorter routes for the other receivers.

Worthy might be Tyreek all over again for KC hopefully without the cockiness and constant challenging of world class sprinters to a race. 😁

Yea, but we shall see what happens when a free safety killer lays him down during a real game, how Worthy responds to that?

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

Yea, but we shall see what happens when a free safety killer lays him down during a real game, how Worthy responds to that?

Hilarious. Philly fans living in a fantasy land where rule-breaking and physically harming a KC player is their only way to cope.

@Darin said:

hey D...
    You know it...
    🎉🏈🎉🏈🎉🏈

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

A FS wont get a chance to light him up on a short route if they use him right

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

Come on, he wasn't picked that high to be a short route guy. D players know they can rattle him. Wouldn't surprise me if the D took a few 15 yarders early in some games, just to give Worthy alligator arms the rest of the game. 😆

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt many guys are willing to go to go headhunting like that and risk fines/suspensions, etc. Despite what some bloodthirsty fans may want, the vast majority of players don't look to injure or maim one another or play dirty. Your dislike of the Chiefs may be clouding your judgement here :p

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@stevek said:

@Basebal21 said:

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

Come on, he wasn't picked that high to be a short route guy. D players know they can rattle him. Wouldn't surprise me if the D took a few 15 yarders early in some games, just to give Worthy alligator arms the rest of the game. 😆

For sure it would be crazy to have him a short route guy. If someone just lit him up to light him up thats targeting and an ejection

Missouri 14 OSU 3

I'm not sure what game some fans here are watching? Perhaps they've become pickleball fans and mistakenly thought they were watching NFL games? 😉

https://youtu.be/mcqnBMMiNj4

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is hopping, wow

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

holy cow, I cant wait for the games to start counting

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Oh and by the way…. does anyone but me realize what a genius bronco is?
    I swear all he wrote was ‘Elly is a girl’s name’ and bam he’s on the pretend ignore list!
    If I only knew it was that easy. 🥳

does this ancient forum software even support an ignore list?

asking for a friend :#

edited August 22, 2024 7:04AM

Nice to see Andy Reid trim and fit, raring to go.

Andy must frighten Chinese buffet owners when he walks thru the door. 😂

andy has lowered his LDP ratio

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-travis-kelce-to-make-film-debut-in-action-comedy-movie-loose-cannons/

Chiefs' Travis Kelce to make film debut in action-comedy movie 'Loose Cannons'

I sincerely apologize to Travis Kelce and his adoring fans. I didn't realize that he had retired in the off season to pursue a career in Hollywood. So i will no longer be knocking Travis Kelce since he is no longer playing football.

I also heard that he's going to join Taylor Swift on her upcoming tour, doing song and dance routines with her on stage. That should be some great entertainment, arguably the greatest of all time.

@stevek said:

I also heard that he's going to join Taylor Swift on her upcoming tour, doing song and dance routines with her on stage. That should be some great entertainment, arguably the greatest of all time.

Well that’s flattering to us Kelce fans but let’s get real nothing can compare to Frankenstein’s monsters tap dancing performance to ‘puttin’ on the ritz’.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Nice to see Andy Reid trim and fit, raring to go.

Andy must frighten Chinese buffet owners when he walks thru the door. 😂

The Walrus

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

Well that’s flattering to us Kelce fans but let’s get real nothing can compare to Frankenstein’s monsters tap dancing performance to ‘puttin’ on the ritz’.

Is it my imagination, or does the guy on the left remind me of Rob Gronkowski?

Dam, now I've got Patriots fans mad at me in this thread.

😉

👍🏈

wtf is a chiefs hive?
    bees live in hives , they know that right?

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2024 6:35AM

@bronco2078 said:
    wtf is a chiefs hive?
    bees live in hives , they know that right?

mr. play on words sheriff go make yourself a cup of joe this morning

☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@bronco2078 said:
    wtf is a chiefs hive?

😨

I'm sure Patrick was kidding, but then again, maybe not 100% sure. 🤣

Typical Philly and Boston 'classiness' body-shaming people. I guess when your teams have been reduced to mere afterthoughts and are looking up at KC winning super bowl after super bowl, you get ridiculously petty and vinidictive.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

😨

Brady had Rita, Manning had Omaha and Mahomes now has Taylor. 😎

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

😨

Brady had Rita, Manning had Omaha and Mahomes now has Taylor. 😎

I'm forgetting this exact story, it was a long time ago. But if I'm remembering right, when Richard Nixon was president, he was a huge football fan. Nixon somehow contacted an NFL coach, I forget the team, and gave the coach a play to use.

i think the coach actually used the play in a regular season game.