Home Sports Talk

2024 NFL Offseason/Regular Season Thread

15678911»

Comments

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Who had Sam Darnold playing like an All-Pro this season? Four more TDs to four different receivers with 10+mins left in the game.

I took him in all of my fantasy football leagues because I had a feeling he'd be better than what people were expecting

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why the Dallas game sound like a home game for the Ravens???
    And anybody still think Ravens are going 0-3?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Red Rifle still got it - 22/31 - 286 yds - 3 TD

And Baker comes crashing back down to earth !

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    And Baker comes crashing back down to earth !

Yea, the whole team didn’t show up today. The injury list doesn’t help.

Speaking crashing down, how about them ‘Boys? Forget “America’s team.” These guys look like the neighborhood team.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2024 4:12PM

@VikingDude said:

@erikthredd said:
    Who had Sam Darnold playing like an All-Pro this season? Four more TDs to four different receivers with 10+mins left in the game.

I took him in all of my fantasy football leagues because I had a feeling he'd be better than what people were expecting

I figured he'd be better than the back ups we had last year when Cousins got hurt.

I had them at 2-1 after 3 games with a loss to the 49ers.

A win in Green Bay next week (Jordan Love out?) and another against the Jets at home the following game would be SWEET!
    Go Vikes!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2024 4:32PM

Here’s a new name for the Baltimore Ravens, “The Chokes.”

Another Dallas touchdown. Baltimore is pathetic. They have quit.

The Baltimore coach is pathetic. They are going nowhere this year.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@VikingDude said:

@erikthredd said:

I figured he'd be better than the back ups we had last year when Cousins got hurt.

I had them at 2-1 after 3 games with a loss to the 49ers.

A win in Green Bay next week (Jordan Love out?) and another against the Jets at home the following game would be SWEET!
    Go Vikes!

He’s been great so far. I was wondering earlier how soon do collectors start digging thru their boxes for Darnold rookies lol? He keeps playing like this his stuff is bound to go up if they haven’t already.

Looks like Jerry Jones gave the referees the thumbs up sign...................

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any idea why the Bears Right Guard constantly looks to his left???

I seen it happen several times today... either Matt Pryor doesn't know the snap count or he's unaware of his blocking assignment...

Some of you forum members might ask me: Why was I paying such close attention to the Bears game today ???

I went upstairs to ask my P's if they needed anything...

I'll be watching Real Football in less than 60 minutes on NBC....and Not the Falcons either...

🟥🏈📺🥤👍

(Any idea why the Bears Right Guard constantly looks to his left???)

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭✭

Chargers season is done if all those injuries today are serious.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steelers looking good today.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

@Darin
    hey D...
    You Ready...

🟥🏈📺🥤👍

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2024 6:07PM

Ravens tried everything to give it away it alas the Cowboys defense decided they we’re trying for 300 yards on the ground against them

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Mayfield and Murray were in mid season form

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone that sincerely thought Sam Darnold was going to be this good I will have to take your word for it even though I have an extremely tough time believing it.

Cowboys vaunted D has been horrible

Who in the world would have imagined that the Eagles/Saints game would have been so low scoring.

Baltimore, Tampa Bay Arizona all played like we all been waiting for.

I'm glad SF lost, they deserved it for letting the Rams just hang around

My Pats didn't lose because they didn't play yesterday so that was a positive

The Raiders are awful but the Red Rifle further exposed how atrocious Bryce Young really is

Refs also in mid season Kansas City form after Pitt mugged in the end zone. I guess because his wallet was still intact, no crime, no foul.
    Come on you have to admit 18 players on defense is pretty unfair

W.C.Fields
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭✭

Stroud went into a good situation the Texans had weapons in place and needed a QB

Not true at all. Collins didn't do anything his first 2 seasons in the league and Dell was a rookie. It is revisionist history to claim that the Texans were a "good situation". Pretty much every pundit had them finishing in the bottom of the league even with Stroud. Bill Barnwell had the Texans ranked dead last in skill position for 2022 and 2023, so not sure why you believe Stroud went into a good situation.

Andy Dalton vindicated my assessment of Bryce Young. Young has been one of the worst QBs in the history of the NFL through 18 games. With the exact same cast of characters, Dalton had 300+ yards passing and 3 TDs.

Granted Dalton isn't going to turn the Panthers into a playoff team but they had a serviceable offense once they had a QB that wasn't simply terrible.

Robb

Every rookie QB that’s worth his weight looks good, even great. You know what happens year two? Film and adjustments. They find the weaknesses and exploit them. How many times have we seen it?
    Minshew mania just recently. I’m not saying Stroud won’t be good but let’s leave the golden jacket on the hanger for a bit longer

W.C.Fields

@fergie23 said:
    Stroud went into a good situation the Texans had weapons in place and needed a QB

Not true at all. Collins didn't do anything his first 2 seasons in the league and Dell was a rookie. It is revisionist history to claim that the Texans were a "good situation". Pretty much every pundit had them finishing in the bottom of the league even with Stroud. Bill Barnwell had the Texans ranked dead last in skill position for 2022 and 2023, so not sure why you believe Stroud went into a good situation.

Andy Dalton vindicated my assessment of Bryce Young. Young has been one of the worst QBs in the history of the NFL through 18 games. With the exact same cast of characters, Dalton had 300+ yards passing and 3 TDs.

Granted Dalton isn't going to turn the Panthers into a playoff team but they had a serviceable offense once they had a QB that wasn't simply terrible.

Robb

Stroud went into a good OC with some weapons. Was it the Caleb situation with everything the Bears have certainly not. Was it a lot better than the Panthers situation certainly. Collins didnt have a QB his first 2 years which ironically helped him giving him time to get better and not taking the blame for it. It is underrated also that the Texans took Anderson as well improving the defense Texans had a plan that makes sense, Panthers did not

1 game isnt enough. Countless teams have won a game with a switch at QB or coach for a week or two. The Raiders coach is even complaining publicly that his players were making business decisions which they were giving up on the game. The Raiders arent a good team either. Carolina wasnt going to lose every game, no one does.

If Dalton is doing this week in and week out around Christmas than sure, but theres a long way to go to not just be a one game fluke against a team their own head coach is complaining publicly they gave up on.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@2dueces said:
    Refs also in mid season Kansas City form after Pitt mugged in the end zone. I guess because his wallet was still intact, no crime, no foul.
    Come on you have to admit 18 players on defense is pretty unfair

Yes...Throw the Yellow 🟨

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VikingDude said:

@erikthredd said:

This reminds me of the Keenum year, one great year in purple in a system that worked for him with alot of talent around him. We will see if Darnold can sustain it. There were a few old Darnold-esque plays yesterday but mostly he was pretty good.

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Mayfield and Murray were in mid season form

Yup looks like the Mayfield that we alway knew and love is back! Nix showed strong improvement against TB that I thought was a strong D team? Maybe not?

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go Commanders! 🥳

Let’s remember what The Mouth said, the bengals are the team to beat in the AFC and everybody knows it. 😂

The Mouth….. Jamar Chase

Chase isnt the issue if they lose. Washington needs to let Daniels cook more going forward too

Missouri 14 OSU 3

I didn’t say Chase was the issue if they lose…. I said Chase told the whole world the bengals were the team to beat in the afc and everyone knew it. I sure didn’t know it…. did you know it?
    And now the mouth is 0-3

Congrats to 2 deuces the bills were amazing. I wanted to watch it but it got out of hand so fast I switched to the other game.
    Looks like the jags are taking a step back from the last couple years.

The Bills looks good I said they would take a big step back from losing Diggs but wow looks like that was the best thing they could have done was get rid of him.

Zach Taylor should be fired from Cincy

Wow. 10 different receivers and not one screaming on the sideline. Jacksonville game planned the Bills to run and Dorsey let Josh cook.
    Nice win but it’s a short week and Baltimore and Derrick Henry are next.

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:
    Wow. 10 different receivers and not one screaming on the sideline. Jacksonville game planned the Bills to run and Dorsey let Josh cook.
    Nice win but it’s a short week and Baltimore and Derrick Henry are next.

Baltimore will be a tough test, but the Bills are cooking in all cylinders and should be up to the task.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only watched that first half but the Bills looked like a well oiled machine that couldn’t be stopped. It’s going to be interesting to see how they fare over the next 3 games all on the road, BAL, HOU and NYJ. There should be some pretty good head to head QB matches during that stretch.