Home Sports Talk

2024 NFL Offseason/Regular Season Thread

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

Refs bail out Mahomes again with a ticky tack penalty negating an interception

we're heading to the 4th, and believe you me, the Chiefs are going to lose this game

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

Never mind he just threw another pick

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2024 3:45PM

Just catching up on some of the scores, apparently Kyler Murray finally found Marvin Harrison Jr. 😎

Hats off to Sam Darnold and Vikings!

Arizona putting it on the Rams. They looked good last week and boy oh boy it looks like Buffalo was lucky. Not a Murray fan but he looks healthy for the first time in two years

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Minnesota says you want Cousins? Good riddance. We’ll pay Darnold the league minimum and draft a QB on a rookie deal. Darnold looks like a first round draft pick so far

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:

@2dueces said:

Never mind he just threw another pick

And Burrow says hold my beer

W.C.Fields
  • Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    @perkdog
    This Patriots team is gonna give teams fit with that defense and running game. They are far better than a 4.5 win team. It’s amazing how a decent QB can make all the difference.

Jacoby Brissett has been awful. They win that game is they had a real QB. Seattle just isnt that good now that theyve struggled two weeks in a row.

I just hope they dont decide to start Maye against SF, the Jets, or first half of the season at all

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

@2dueces said:
    @perkdog
    This Patriots team is gonna give teams fit with that defense and running game. They are far better than a 4.5 win team. It’s amazing how a decent QB can make all the difference.

Jacoby Brissett has been awful. They win that game is they had a real QB. Seattle just isnt that good now that theyve struggled two weeks in a row.

I just hope they dont decide to start Maye against SF, the Jets, or first half of the season at all

I watched the whole game. Didn’t think Brissett did anything special but didn’t do anything bad. They want to throw short passes and run the ball. Then rely on the defense for stops. Brissett is better than what’s been under center the last 3 years

W.C.Fields

i'm indifferent about the Chiefs and Mahomes, but my patience is wearing thin with them. holy ******* **** are they fortunate. 4th and 16 and that Bengal d-back mistimed it by a nanosecond.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

Luckily Justin Jefferson says he doesn’t expect to miss any games. I didn’t see the game so I feared it was serious. 🥳

There’s a reason I call him the mouth that roared. He may very well have cost his team a win against the Chiefs. I hope someone posts his temper tantrum. 3rd and 6 turned into 3rd and 21 thanks to his hatred of the Chiefs. Field goal instead of possible touchdown. 😆😆

@galaxy27 said:
    i'm indifferent about the Chiefs and Mahomes, but my patience is wearing thin with them. holy ******* **** are they fortunate. 4th and 16 and that Bengal d-back mistimed it by a nanosecond.

About as fortunate as the Bengals the play before that when KC converted a 3rd and long on a pass to Kelce that went for about 30-35 yards but was called back on a hands to the face call by one of our lineman.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Minnesota says you want Cousins? Good riddance. We’ll pay Darnold the league minimum and draft a QB on a rookie deal. Darnold looks like a first round draft pick so far

Darnold is making $10M on a one year deal.

What's surprising is winning against a very good team without ALL THREE of their best pass catchers AND #1 running back

Jefferson did a lot of damage in the first half, but got hurt and left the game. Jones also missed a lot of the game. Addison and Hockenson were out

This game was almost a blow out, Vikings fumbled at the goal line and could have had a pick six that Van Ginkle couldn't hang on to.

Nice win for the Purple Gang!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Bears wearing red jerseys. OMFG.

When is this stupidity going to end?

I know. Every team in every sport should wear a different uniform every game!

Stop the madness!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:

Stop the madness!

Bears look like they took Clemsons jerseys and slapped their logo on it. I like some of the alternate jerseys like the Chargers powder blue but I dont like this Bears one it just feels weird

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@2dueces said:

@Basebal21 said:

@2dueces said:
    @perkdog

I watched the whole game. Didn’t think Brissett did anything special but didn’t do anything bad. They want to throw short passes and run the ball. Then rely on the defense for stops. Brissett is better than what’s been under center the last 3 years

Two games significantly under 300 yards, hes been one of the worst starters. Granted hes there to just be a sacrificial lamb this year. They have more talent now and had an offensive draft this year and hes still doing that. He is a downgrade but doing what hes there to do. Short passes all the time just means the coaching staff has no confidence in the QB.

Dont over estimate Seattle though. A wins a win but theyve struggled now in back to back weeks against two QBs that had bad performances. They probably should be 0-2 right now instead of 2-0

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@JoeBanzai said:

Stop the madness!

Almost as bad as some of the crazy baseball uniforms!

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm caught up watching...
    🏈📺🥤👍

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Stop the madness!

Yesterday the Phillies looked like a mix of the Brewers and Pirates 🤮

Caleb Williams just got bailed out of an interception by a ticky tack defensive holding call.

No he doesn’t play for the Chiefs. Yes I got the memo that unless that happens to Mahomes it’s not to be mentioned. Screw that memo.

@Darin said:
    Caleb Williams just got bailed out of an interception by a ticky tack defensive holding call.

No he doesn’t play for the Chiefs. Yes I got the memo that unless that happens to Mahomes it’s not to be mentioned. Screw that memo.

Horrible call.

@PaulMaul said:

@Darin said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Stop the madness!

Yesterday the Phillies looked like a mix of the Brewers and Pirates 🤮

The pirates wore these uniforms yesterday against KC…

STOP IT!

Very Disappointing to see something like this..

It puts A Very Bad name on the NFL...
    🙁🏈🙁🏈

@GroceryRackPack said:
    Very Disappointing to see something like this..

It puts A Very Bad name on the NFL...
    🙁🏈🙁🏈

That and icing the kicker are the two dumbest things that ever happen in football. All icing a kicker does is give him a practice try and all someone punching you with a helmet on does is hurt/break your own hand. Hell get fined this week Id bet

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Ok sports fans. After 2 games what the thoughts on Calab Williams? I didn’t see the second half last night but I do see the stat line. 2 INT and 147 yards after 93 yards last week.

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:
    Ok sports fans. After 2 games what the thoughts on Calab Williams? I didn’t see the second half last night but I do see the stat line. 2 INT and 147 yards after 93 yards last week.

Should have been 3 picks but an off play questionable holding call called that back. Moore was getting frustrated with him for missing passes by the end. Most of his yards were coming from very short passes and runs after the catch. That team is to good for him to be playing like this

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2024 4:30AM

Lots of stuff from yesterday that you guys already addressed.

The Saints and Cardinals are the 2 biggest surprises for me

Great game between the Chiefs and Bengals, I just knew that the Chiefs would find a way to win though

The PI on that last drive was completely justified so I'm glad that it wasn't a BS call to help with the "Made for TV" excitement thing.

What the heck is going on with Kyler Murray and Sam Darnold?

If you want to make money just bet against the Panthers every week, they are going to get pummeled every week

I overated the Jets, I'm pretty certain of it.

My Pats D let up WAY too many passing yards again Geno Smith? really??

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing gives me more perverse pleasure than hissed off Cowboys fans. 😆

@2dueces said:

i envisioned growing pains, but watching him and the offense has been more painful than i anticipated. the Bears have no running game to speak of (Swift has not looked good either), so defenses are going to pin their ears back and go after Caleb. he took a beating last night and that's not sustainable. a lot of ugly throws on the last drive that missed by a considerable margin. toward the end of the game DJ Moore was getting visibly frustrated.

to me it looks like he's still getting acclimated to the speed of the NFL

@perkdog said:

What the heck is going on with Kyler Murray

he's healthy and has weapons. i mentioned in the gambling thread prior to the season that they could potentially have a very good offense. it was their defense i was concerned about. the O did what i thought they were capable of yesterday, but the D unexpectedly balled out. they play the Lions at home next weekend............a win there and all of a sudden there's going to be a lot of AZ chatter

i'm not going to say this was an easy bet, because there is no such thing, but after Marvin the Martian went for one catch a week ago against the Bills, i knew they were going to target him early and often against the Rams. it was a 1st-TD-of-the-game winning wager sitting on the silver platter. but of course i didn't sprinkle on it because i'm dumb like that. midway through the first quarter he had already made two trips to the house and had 100+ yards

Derek Carr looks like Drew Brees on steroids. i know it was against the NCAA Div II Carolina Panthers and the perennially fraudulent Dallas Cowboys, but the Saints have scored on almost every drive they've had through 2 games

What’s wrong with Jamar Chase? TMTR had 35 yards minus 15 for swearing at an official so 20 net yards on the day?
    He said the Bengals were the team to beat in the afc and he was right everyone is beating them.
    Mahomes plays like crap and we still beat those chumps.

read today that Kyler became the 2nd player in NFL history to throw for 250+, rush for 50+, and have a perfect passer rating in a game. the other guy was way back in 1974. are you ready? are you ready for this?

Ken Anderson

this was from yesterday and exhibit A as to why i like watching him so much

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/41276791

@perkdog said:

@LandrysFedora

hey ya Landry...
    Check it out...
    🏈🏈🤣🙃🤣🙃🏈🏈

@2dueces said:

this is not from a GRP perspective...

more so from my P's: Caleb Shows Me Nothing...There Offensive line Sucks...

@Darin said:

hey D...
    They were a Little Sloppy out there... Gotta Tighten It Up...

Lookin' Forward to Sunday Night...

🏈📺🥤👍

@galaxy27 said:
    read today that Kyler became the 2nd player in NFL history to throw for 250+, rush for 50+, and have a perfect passer rating in a game. the other guy was way back in 1974. are you ready? are you ready for this?

Ken Anderson

this was from yesterday and exhibit A as to why i like watching him so much

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/41276791

@dallasactuary Loves Ken Anderson!

Will Zach Taylor be the first Coach to go this season?

Hard to argue that he shouldn't be on the hot seat,, out of the gate the Bengals are always slow and the team is extremely undisciplined

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

What the heck is going on with Kyler Murray

he's healthy and has weapons. i mentioned in the gambling thread prior to the season that they could potentially have a very good offense. it was their defense i was concerned about. the O did what i thought they were capable of yesterday, but the D unexpectedly balled out. they play the Lions at home next weekend............a win there and all of a sudden there's going to be a lot of AZ chatter

i'm not going to say this was an easy bet, because there is no such thing, but after Marvin the Martian went for one catch a week ago against the Bills, i knew they were going to target him early and often against the Rams. it was a 1st-TD-of-the-game winning wager sitting on the silver platter. but of course i didn't sprinkle on it because i'm dumb like that. midway through the first quarter he had already made two trips to the house and had 100+ yards

I remember you mentioning it and brushed it off as wishful thinking. After what he did against the Bills, any other team without JA they win that game and the thumping yesterday I believe you. I’m really starting to consider Murray over Jackson but too early to say with authority

W.C.Fields

@perkdog said:

Hard to argue that he shouldn't be on the hot seat,, out of the gate the Bengals are always slow and the team is extremely undisciplined

Burrow looks pedestrian without 3 elite receivers

W.C.Fields
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

What took them so long?...........
    "Panthers benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young after 0-2 start; Andy Dalton to start at QB"

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

@Steven59 said:

"Panthers benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young after 0-2 start; Andy Dalton to start at QB"

what's amazing to me is having all of these so-called evaluators of talent who ultimately make the determination that a guy like this is not only worthy of the first pick in the entire draft, but he's so highly sought-after that the Panthers were willing to mortgage their future to get him

then he gets out on a football field and it's clear that he should be anywhere but

Ryan Leaf may be off the hook before it's all said and done

@galaxy27 said:

@Steven59 said:

what's amazing to me is having all of these so-called evaluators of talent who ultimately make the determination that a guy like this is not only worthy of the first pick in the entire draft, but he's so highly sought-after that the Panthers were willing to mortgage their future to get him

then he gets out on a football field and it's clear that he should be anywhere but

It's Shocking.

If I'm the owner I'm literally firing everyone that was involved in this Bryce Young decision making disaster.

On a side note my buddies were planning on betting against Carolina every week going forward until it stopped working, maybe that will change now that Bryce is benched lol

edited September 16, 2024 12:24PM

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

Burrow looks pedestrian without 3 elite receivers

I'm up in the air about Burrow, my biggest question mark on him is he durable, if I'm. a Cincy guy I'm holding my breath every time he gets sacked

@perkdog said:

It's Shocking.

If I'm the owner I'm literally firing everyone that was involved in this Bryce Young decision making disaster.

when you pivot to the red rifle a little over a year in, multiple people are deserving of the gas chamber

i didn't even realize that mfer was still in the league

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Steven59 said:

It's Shocking.

The owner is the one that picked him.

They do deserve to get fired for how much they gave up to trade up though, no one is worth what they gave up. Its possible the owner told them to do it no matter what though

That said the only thing benching Young will do is just show people he wasnt the problem. They might have a moral boost for a game but that roster will still be fighting for a top draft pick. It is great for Young though, getting benched and cut would be the best thing for his career

Missouri 14 OSU 3