2024 NFL Offseason/Regular Season Thread

167891012»

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bgr said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@bgr said:
    Bring back the replacement refs!

How about a WTF official? Maybe a guy watching a monitor.

When there's a totally obvious bad call or missed call, he can correct it.

There was a guy named Bud Grant who said on MANY occasions that the league should hire professionally trained officials.

Anything is better than getting important calls wrong. At least give them 'phone a friend' and 'ask the audience'.

In order news; I'm looking forward to Vikes-Pack. Seems like Love might play and I want to see Flores vs. LaFleur.

How many calls were overturned? Horrible officiating. Darnold's interception should have been ruled an incomplete pass.

Strange game. First half Vikings destroyed the Pack, then did next to nothing in the second half. Barely hung on for the win.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

Flacco wins today, Mayfield wins today, and the Browns made every mistake in the book to make sure Watson lost today.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2024 5:05PM

Hats off to the Commanders, they’ve already won three out of their first four games after having won just four total last season. Daniels might have the early lead for OROY.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rashee Rice looked like he had a catastrophic knee injury, hopefully the kid is ok but didn't look good at all

Chiefs are undefeated but don't look like they can absorb the loss of another playmaker

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like Ravens.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 11,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Rashee Rice looked like he had a catastrophic knee injury, hopefully the kid is ok but didn't look good at all

Chiefs are undefeated but don't look like they can absorb the loss of another playmaker

I saw that. "tackled" by his own QB!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Buffalo gets flattened by Baltimore

Funny how the NFL is after a couple weeks

Baltimore when on looks beastly

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

I’m seeing a lot of comments today from football fans pointing out that that was Karma at play yesterday.

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@bgr said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@bgr said:
    Bring back the replacement refs!

How about a WTF official? Maybe a guy watching a monitor.

When there's a totally obvious bad call or missed call, he can correct it.

There was a guy named Bud Grant who said on MANY occasions that the league should hire professionally trained officials.

Anything is better than getting important calls wrong. At least give them 'phone a friend' and 'ask the audience'.

In order news; I'm looking forward to Vikes-Pack. Seems like Love might play and I want to see Flores vs. LaFleur.

How many calls were overturned? Horrible officiating. Darnold's interception should have been ruled an incomplete pass.

Strange game. First half Vikings destroyed the Pack, then did next to nothing in the second half. Barely hung on for the win.

You’re right about the refs. Another poorly officiated game which happens too often

I thought both teams played poorly. Vikes were crisp on offense in the 1st half but the Pack was terrible in the first half on both sides.

edited September 30, 2024 11:31AM

@erikthredd said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

I’m seeing a lot of comments today from football fans pointing out that that was Karma at play yesterday.

I thought this as well.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Coincidence game this week. Ex Jet Darnold QB playing for Vikes against Jets, his old team, who offer Rodgers playing against his old division foe.

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭

Another week and Andy Dalton played fine, 220 yards passing and a 61.4 QBR. Panthers had a functional offense yet again. They had the ball at the end of the 4th quarter with a chance to tie the game and, unfortunately, Dalton showed why he is just a backup.

Again it was one game against a bad team
    The Raiders beat the Ravens the week before. They were down 1 score to the Chargers in week one until the last 4 minutes of the game. They beat the Browns yesterday. The Raiders aren't a "bad" team. They certainly aren't a great team but 2-2 with a win over the Ravens doesn't equate to bad. By the end of the year, maybe they will regress and be bad but you can't say that as of week 4 this season.

Dalton needs to do it for a sustained period of time for it to be proof
    No, no he doesn't. You claimed repeatedly that the Panthers roster was hopeless and that Young had no chance, but you are simply wrong. Two weeks and two competitive games from the Panthers because their quarterback is no longer the worst QB in the NFL. It really is as simple as that. You were incorrect about the skill players surrounding Young this year. If Young were any good at all there would have been marked improvement from him compared to last year.

The Panthers are going to lose a bunch of games. They are going to get blown out a few times when Dalton plays poorly (there is a reason he is a backup QB). However, they have enough talent for a QB to show what he can do. Young showed that he has no business being in the NFL right now, Dalton has shown that he is a serviceable backup and probably can sign with a contender next year as a backup. Giving that team a level of assurance that he can hold down the fort if the #1 QB goes down due to injury (the Dolphins should probably look into signing him in the offseason given how fragile Tua is).

Robb

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

fergie you can type until your fingers are on the verge of falling off, but baseball will sextuple down regardless of how much empirical evidence there is contrary to his opinion

Carolina's roster leaves a lot of to be desired, but the past two weeks have proven that with a veteran quarterback at the helm -- winning one game and being competitive in the other -- the quarterback position was a black hole when Young was in there

at this point the kid is much closer to being out of the league than he is reaching the bar of expectations that came with him being the #1 overall pick

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭

Dalton was nothing special and got significantly worse than his first game The fact is they lost the game by 10 points and part of it was on Dalton. 25/40 is not good. It was also the Bengals first win of the year including a loss to the Patriots

We can say whatever we want but we will see what Daltons stats are at the end of the year. As usual a backup came back down to earth after their first start.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

basebal,
    A 61.4 QBR and the ball down 7 late in the 4th quarter is better than "not good". No one is saying Dalton is a starting quality QB. I expect mediocre stats for the year but mediocre is many leagues above Bryce Young's stats. Young had a 9.5 QBR and 44.1 QB rating, historically bad for a 2nd year QB.

You blamed the Panthers, saying that no quarterback could succeed given the offensive playmakers on the Panthers. Dalton has shown that you are simply wrong. Just own it. I am sure you will move the goalposts as the season goes along because you are utterly incapable of admitting when you are wrong.

Robb

He basically put up a Young game and is being celebrated. He went 25/40 for 220 yards with 2 tds and 1 int. One of the TDs came when they were down 31-14. Thats just simply not good. I get a lot of people dont like Young but if Young did that a lot would be saying the loss was his fault but since Dalton did it thats now proof that Young was the problem?

He certainly had one very good game and quickly came back down to earth. The rest of the season will tell the story. The Bears have a very good defense coming up and if Caleb doesnt give the game away thats going to be another loss and another below average performance

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

I told my boys - it wouldn't be a normal Vikings game if you're not sweating it out at the end

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Sometimes you need a good old butt whooping to bring you back to reality.
    On a side note that’s buffalos first loss by more than 6 points since 2021.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

Sometimes you need a good old butt whooping to bring you back to reality.
    On a side note that’s buffalos first loss by more than 6 points since 2021.

100%

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kansas City can only have 11 men on the field at the same time would be a nice start

W.C.Fields
  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trust me...My Chiefs Is/Are A Cheat Team Too... Red-Peg's, New Red Rookie & White TTC Gears... ⚙️

@perkdog
    hey ya Perkdog...
    that's my 620 Board... Only use that one 4 Prime Time Games...🔌🏈🥤👍

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Kansas City can only have 11 men on the field at the same time would be a nice start

Derrick Henry. Nuff said.

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:

You want to put more men on the field for KC? Don’t you think the KC Chrefs are enough?

W.C.Fields
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:

You want to put more men on the field for KC? Don’t you think the KC Chrefs are enough?

You’re like the uninformed fans that only see the last few plays of the game and think they decided the entire outcome.
    I’ve already said Chris Jones got called for a ridiculous roughing the passer earlier in the game that would have stopped a drive but instead was a first down that led to a TD. I don’t see you mentioning that obviously because you didn’t watch the game and don’t realize the bad calls usually even out.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

he has more receiving TDs this season than all of these dudes COMBINED

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:
    he has more receiving TDs this season than all of these dudes COMBINED

That's crazy and funny at the same time

basebal,
    You are too funny. No one is saying Dalton should be celebrated, folks are just saying that Bryce Young was awful. Dalton has shown that a QB can perform perfectly fine with the Panthers supporting cast on offense. Against a good defense do I expect Dalton to perform poorly? Sure, he is a backup QB but that is not the point. The point has always been that the problem was Bryce Young not the supporting cast around him despite all your protestations to the contrary.

He basically put up a Young game and is being celebrated

Honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about. Here are the last two "Bryce Young" games : 8/26 84 yards 0 TDs 1 INT and 13/30 160 yards 0 TDs 2 INTs. In what world was last week a "Young game"??? Young had 2 games last season with a QBR better than Dalton's QBR against the Bengals. Young had 2 games last season where he threw 2 or more touchdowns, in 16 starts. If Young had put up stats similar to Dalton last week, he would still be the starting QB and would be lauded for showing so much year to year improvement.

We get it, you can't believe that Young is terrible. You put too much stock in how he performed at Alabama and the fact that he was a 5 star recruit and the number #1 dual-threat QB out of high school. Maybe some time on the bench or a change of scenery will allow him to blossom (we have seen weirder things in the NFL, looking at you Sam Darnold). But as of now, the issues with the Panthers offense this season were clearly Bryce Young related not the other players surrounding him.

Robb

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:

You’re like the uninformed fans that only see the last few plays of the game and think they decided the entire outcome.
    I’ve already said Chris Jones got called for a ridiculous roughing the passer earlier in the game that would have stopped a drive but instead was a first down that led to a TD. I don’t see you mentioning that obviously because you didn’t watch the game and don’t realize the bad calls usually even out.

I watch every play in a Chiefs game but I’m just playing with you.

W.C.Fields

@fergie23 said:
    basebal,
    You are too funny. No one is saying Dalton should be celebrated, folks are just saying that Bryce Young was awful. Dalton has shown that a QB can perform perfectly fine with the Panthers supporting cast on offense. Against a good defense do I expect Dalton to perform poorly? Sure, he is a backup QB but that is not the point. The point has always been that the problem was Bryce Young not the supporting cast around him despite all your protestations to the contrary.

He basically put up a Young game and is being celebrated

Honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about. Here are the last two "Bryce Young" games : 8/26 84 yards 0 TDs 1 INT and 13/30 160 yards 0 TDs 2 INTs. In what world was last week a "Young game"??? Young had 2 games last season with a QBR better than Dalton's QBR against the Bengals. Young had 2 games last season where he threw 2 or more touchdowns, in 16 starts. If Young had put up stats similar to Dalton last week, he would still be the starting QB and would be lauded for showing so much year to year improvement.

We get it, you can't believe that Young is terrible. You put too much stock in how he performed at Alabama and the fact that he was a 5 star recruit and the number #1 dual-threat QB out of high school. Maybe some time on the bench or a change of scenery will allow him to blossom (we have seen weirder things in the NFL, looking at you Sam Darnold). But as of now, the issues with the Panthers offense this season were clearly Bryce Young related not the other players surrounding him.

Robb

Again 1 good game proves nothing especially when it was against a team that was making business decisions the whole game. Then he struggled against an 0-3 struggling team. If one good game proves it can then I would expect that the first bad game would also prove they cant? That would obviously be silly, but so is coming to a conclusion because of 1 game against the Raiders.

Theres plenty of season left and the numbers will show it one way or another by seasons end. If by some miracle Dalton has a good season so be it, I was wrong and he was a better fit for them. Doesnt mean hes more talented, and 1 game certainly doesnt mean I was wrong

Missouri 14 OSU 3