Home Sports Talk

The Official 2023 NFL Regular Season Discussion Thread

Comments

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

it is looking good for KC right now. really good. they still need to stay healthy.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

I just read the NFL is investigating Cinci over their failing to include burrow's wrist on any injury report.

I will be following this investigation very closely.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are only 10 weeks in. San Francisco is a perfect example how a team can look mediocre the last two years and wind up in the Championship game. At 5-5 no team is out, even as bad as they look the last week.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2023 11:58AM

@2dueces said:

@Steven59 said:
    Seems he had a brace on his wrist when he got off the bus to enter the stadium. And definitely looks like his wrist is the problem.

Line went from 3 to 4.5 after reporters saw the device. Shouldn’t something like that be on the injury report? I’d imagine there’s going to be an inquiry and hell to pay.

Theyre under investigation from the NFL about it. There was a picture or video of him the team posted that showed it before the game that the team deleted.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2023 1:08PM

Joe Burrow out for the rest of the season

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    Joe Burrow out for the rest of the season

Torn ligament in his wrist.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Flaco trying out with the Browns.

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know who first mentioned in a thread or Poll, maybe it was @perkdog, but the injuries of Watson and Burrow highlight the fact that QB is probably the most important position in all of team sports. To think that the playoff fortunes of the Browns and Bengals are almost gone due to these injuries makes my head spin. When it stops spinning it explodes because the Pittsburgh Steelers must be the luckiest team in the NFL!!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood said:
    I don't know who first mentioned in a thread or Poll, maybe it was @perkdog, but the injuries of Watson and Burrow highlight the fact that QB is probably the most important position in all of team sports. To think that the playoff fortunes of the Browns and Bengals are almost gone due to these injuries makes my head spin. When it stops spinning it explodes because the Pittsburgh Steelers must be the luckiest team in the NFL!!

It's extremely tough to win. But even more so without your starting QB

Yes it's a team game but you can mix and match lineman, WR and RB's, it's a whole different animal inserting a replacement QB

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jimmy Johnson to be placed into Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor Dec 30. What took them so long?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Jimmy Johnson to be placed into Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor Dec 30. What took them so long?

This has been a topic of discussion here in the Dallas area for a very long time. Good to see that it is happening

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, Browns just won the game on a field goal with 2 seconds left!!!!!!!!

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last week Dustin Hopkins defined redemption, this week he made me think "Money in the Bank" after his kick. And after almost 59 minutes of DTR being restrained he was finally allowed to throw the ball downfield.

I think it's been 30+ years since I've said "The Cleveland Browns are 7-3."

@Maywood said:
    Last week Dustin Hopkins defined redemption, this week he made me think "Money in the Bank" after his kick. And after almost 59 minutes of DTR being restrained he was finally allowed to throw the ball downfield.

I did just see the stat that this is the first time since 1969 that both the Lions and the Browns won 7 of their first 10 games.

my team was up 12 with 4:15 left and ralphed all over themselves. whew, that was a really close one.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

All of NE would like to thank the NYG for winning today.

Packers and Giants win???? Get out of here...............

A fantastic win by the New York Football Giants today!!!!

All of New England thanks you!!! Here is hoping for 2 in a row next week!!

they just flashed a stat up that Josh Allen just passed Mahomes for most TD's in a players first 6 seasons. He still has quite a few games to go to add to it.

@craig44 said:

they just flashed a stat up that Josh Allen just passed Mahomes for most TD's in a players first 6 seasons. He still has quite a few games to go to add to it.

he also holds this distinction

@galaxy27 said:

@craig44 said:

he also holds this distinction

hahaha, I guess he still has 6 more games to add to that record too!!

the Jets just benched Zach Wilson in the 3rd quarter.

So much for the 2021 draft being the best qb draft in history...

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

Mahomes played 1 game his first season.

@Darin said:

@craig44 said:

Mahomes played 1 game his first season.

thats right. I remember Brady threw 3 passes his first season too.

edited November 19, 2023 5:30PM

These NFL QB's are going down like crazy - now Geno Smith hurt is elbow and is out of the game. I wondered why the Seahawks were stuck on 16 points.

I got the double whammy today. Bet the Rams -2 and by mistake picked Seattle in the pickem. Doh!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Will Brandon Staley get fired before the end of the season? Chargers lost to the Packers. I hope not since Staley is top stooge in the AFC west with Josh McDaniels gone.

Meanwhile it looks like Herbert is the perfect replacement for Philip Rivers. Some decent regular season numbers but zero big wins in the regular season and of course the playoffs.

Meanwhile congrats to the Houston Texans. They didn’t play well but still managed to win. I don’t think anyone expected them to be 6-4 at this point in the season.
    Hope they keep winning it’s a good storyline this year. Good underdog team. 👍

I believe that stat is over the last 6 years, not over a QBs first 6 years.

@Darin said:
    Will Brandon Staley get fired before the end of the season? Chargers lost to the Packers. I hope not since Staley is top stooge in the AFC west with Josh McDaniels gone.

Meanwhile it looks like Herbert is the perfect replacement for Philip Rivers. Some decent regular season numbers but zero big wins in the regular season and of course the playoffs.

The Chargers just simply dont know how to win lol

@thisistheshow said:

Incorrect Sir!

So basically it took Josh 5.65 years to do what Mahomes did in 5 years.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Jets game was brutal, ouch.

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

Countdouglas has always said the Chargers will never be a problem because they choke year after year.
    And the Count was saying that way before they choked in last years playoffs when they blew the 27-0 lead. I don’t know when but Staley is overdue to get fired, I’m thinking maybe they make the coaching change in the off season.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, "Chargers gonna be Chargers".

edited November 19, 2023 6:38PM

@Darin said:

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

Countdouglas has always said the Chargers will never be a problem because they choke year after year.
    And the Count was saying that way before they choked in last years playoffs when they blew the 27-0 lead. I don’t know when but Staley is overdue to get fired, I’m thinking maybe they make the coaching change in the off season.

I just always remembered the Chargers losing to the Pats all the time years ago and Tomlinson and Rivers taking turns pouting on the sidelines, the Chargers are a joke, have been for years

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

Incorrect Sir!

So basically it took Josh 5.65 years to do what Mahomes did in 5 years.

I'm apparently not paying much attention.

"Former Super Bowl Most Valuable Player Joe Flacco is set to sign with the Browns practice squad on Monday morning,"

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood said:

I've literally NEVER been able to say "The Detroit Lions are 8-2" but here we are. The last time they were 8-2, my mom hadn't even finished high school yet.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

I just always remembered the Chargers losing to the Pats all the time years ago and Tomlinson and Rivers taking turns pouting on the sidelines, the Chargers are a joke, have been for years

They lost most of those games because they got a huge lead than Marty would go ultra conservative trying to run out the clock for an entire half instead of playing to win. It was Martys calling card.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

... and Norv, Mccoy, Lynn... the Chargers always lose a couple games a year that they have no business losing and often in some the most unusual or unbelievable ways. There's one thing that's guaranteed going into every NFL season... Chargers gonna be Chargers.

Broncos win. Dobbs not real sharp tonight.

Relevant to tonight's game, enjoy this throwback photo from their college days. Comments are brutal. My favorite was one that suggested it was a still from a poor man's Jack Black/Channing Tatum buddy movie. Lol

@countdouglas said:
    Relevant to tonight's game, enjoy this throwback photo from their college days. Comments are brutal. My favorite was one that suggested it was a still from a poor man's Jack Black/Channing Tatum buddy movie. Lol

Without stating the obvious I’ve seen enough of the Kelse family to last a lifetime. Mr Pfizer gets muted constantly on my TV

W.C.Fields

For some reason I find Travis Kelce insufferable. I really dont know why, but the guy just grinds my gears.

@craig44 said:
    For some reason I find Travis Kelce insufferable. I really dont know why, but the guy just grinds my gears.

He has that weird hip hop thing going on, I can't stand him either

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Maybe thats what it is. Cant really put my thumb on it. He just comes across a one of those man hug "bro" guys.

@2dueces said:

@countdouglas said:

Without stating the obvious I’ve seen enough of the Kelse family to last a lifetime. Mr Pfizer gets muted constantly on my TV

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

@craig44 said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Maybe thats what it is. Cant really put my thumb on it. He just comes across a one of those man hug "bro" guys.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    my team was up 12 with 4:15 left and ralphed all over themselves. whew, that was a really close one.

HEY!!! I resemble that remark! ;)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph