Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****The Official 2023 Morgan & Peace Dollar Two Coin Reverse Proof Set Thread****

Comments

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MtW124 said:
    Just checked and they are available

Nope! Gone!

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MtW124 said:
    Just checked and they are available

That's strange, they are typically only available around 7:30AM EST.

I just checked and they are unavailable.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received my 5 sets today,,,,,, still in the box.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    MtW124MtW124 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭

7:51 pm they were up and by 8:14 pm they were gone again. Haven’t checked yet this morning but I’m guessing that will occur on and off for a few weeks at least.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2023 5:33AM

Sunday am, up for about 10 seconds..... :#

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Sunday am, up for about 10 seconds..... :#

Gotta be quick...have one in your bag, come back, wait for availability....just like fishing, get one on the hook, let your line out, reel it in slowly, then strike in the ten second window! Or just set up a subscription and go to sleep and wait.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like these and was dazzled by those at the mint booth in Baltimore. But I still don't get people ordering 5, 10 and more sets - kind of reminds me of the hoarders at Costco! I don't see much of a flipping opportunity if one's time is worth anything. I would not sell mine (ONE set) as I like the design but frankly as investment items, well, just stop the CAP.
    With reference to the mint and future years offering, well they are going to have to work up some gimmicks because COLLECTORS (as opposed to hoarders and flippers) will likely tire of them at the current mintage. My humble opinion is that the demand even by the latter groups will tail off. Unless there is some kind of lower mintage versions, I will stop with putting money into the series.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

:) I do not think most people are ordering these sets for flipping.
    At least for myself and some of my friends, the plan is to keep them in the family as "1st year of issue".

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    I really like these and was dazzled by those at the mint booth in Baltimore. But I still don't get people ordering 5, 10 and more sets - kind of reminds me of the hoarders at Costco! I don't see much of a flipping opportunity if one's time is worth anything. I would not sell mine (ONE set) as I like the design but frankly as investment items, well, just stop the CAP.
    With reference to the mint and future years offering, well they are going to have to work up some gimmicks because COLLECTORS (as opposed to hoarders and flippers) will likely tire of them at the current mintage. My humble opinion is that the demand even by the latter groups will tail off. Unless there is some kind of lower mintage versions, I will stop with putting money into the series.

And when demand tails off, they'll make less, but enough to meet whatever demand remains. If you just look at their actions, their intentions are clear.

They are not interested in running numismatic programs at a loss, and they are happy to make money for the Treasury by satisfying whatever demand is out there, if they can do so profitably. They are not going to intentionally make a lot less than they can sell just to keep people like you engaged.

If and when demand falls to the point where they cannot sell them at $75-100 each and still make money, the program will be over. But, you really don't have to worry about that. There is a lot of room between 250K and whatever the floor is, probably something between 100-150K.

In the meantime, if they could sell a million at $80 each, they would, and you really can't blame them. We'd all do the same in their shoes.

• Options

Just checked Mint Website at 8:00AM....not available.

Anyone check around 7:30?

• Options

@Goldbully said:
    Just checked Mint Website at 8:00AM....not available.

Anyone check around 7:30?

I checked at 7:30, it appeared in stock but then went back to sold out a few seconds later after I added it to my cart.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked at 7:41.....Remind Me

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was Tuesday, 2 sets...

• Options

Mint still trying to squeeze out any late comers and put them in the final queue.

• Options

Guys; sorry to hear that some of you are still trying to get this set, please plan ahead next time with the subscription option so you do not miss out. There are always coins collectors for the 1st year of issue and those coins look stunning <3 .

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:

a neighbor living in my same number apartment THREE BUILDINGS AWAY...had my box!
    Now you'll have to add that building to your search and rescue. Good grief~

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not good, @RichR. I was trying to find the right icon to select on your post but it wasn't funny so I could not select "lol", it would send the wrong message so I couldn't "like" that experience and no way I would "agree" that it was acceptable service. Hence, my response here.

Tim

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

PO Box, Rich. That is four hours of intolerant and unnecessary suffering.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

PS...I now know the 10th floor of my building...which I literally never set foot on in 22 years living here...smells exactly like tuna fish in a microwave!

I'd have to set fire to the carpets on that floor if I lived there!

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:
    I just picked up my two sets from the PO. They made it here in record time. Nice looking sets. Since I'm keeping these in OGP it sure would have been nice to have a better looking box given the price.

Nondescript packaging is less likely to draw attention.

• Options
    ArkieArkie Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    So the doorbell just rang...and a neighbor living in my same number apartment THREE BUILDINGS AWAY...had my box!
    All is well now!

USPS regularly gets my address and another house's address mixed up... the same house number (a 5-digit one) but the county road number is transposed... and 3 miles away. The other guy and I have each other on speed dial as I will get one of his packages about once a month... and he will get mine about the same amount of time.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

w/e 11/12/2023 mint sales...

2023 MORGAN AND PEACE SILVER REVERSE PROOF 2-COIN SET (S) 220,372 +220,372

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Crypto said:
    I see flipping in shades of grey, I have no problem with B&Ms buying bulk mint products and keeping them in stock so I can walk in and buy at a small mark up for their availability and storage services. I rather buy an ASE for a B&M than a website.

But as to this resale generation who simply leverage access against limited supply and then maximize what ever top dollar the market will bear without adding any real value all while feeling entitled and even demanding the institutions feed them in a manner that ensures their gluttonous and gratuitous profits is pathetic and speaks to the type of people they are. I know they care not what the world thinks of them as leaches care not about its host but they are still parasites on collectors.

Coin dealers and mass marketers who simply leverage access against limited supply and then maximize whatever top dollar the market will bear....you know the rest.......

• Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

For folks who received their coins, did they pay for expedited shipping or the free 5-7 day shipping. Still waiting for mine. Figured for $185 I took the free shipping.

• Options

@coastaljerseyguy said:
    For folks who received their coins, did they pay for expedited shipping or the free 5-7 day shipping. Still waiting for mine. Figured for $185 I took the free shipping.

Free standard shipping but was a subscription order so shipped upon release...

• Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:

@coastaljerseyguy said:

Free standard shipping but was a subscription order so shipped upon release...

Mine was a late subscription, couple of days before release. Maybe just USPS.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coastaljerseyguy said:

Just the free standard subscription shipping here. I was surprised they arrived this fast, they must have hit every connecting flight just right.

• Options

Just picked up two on the Mint site.

• Options

@badhop55 said:
    Just picked up two on the Mint site.

When was that? It's not available right now!

• Options

5 minutes ago. Got email saying they are processing and I'll get the conf in 24 hrs. Order Number: USMxxxxx921

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

@badhop55 said:
    5 minutes ago. Got email saying they are processing and I'll get the conf in 24 hrs. Order Number: USMxxxxx921

It has been a while.

Is USM still an enrollment confirmation prefix, as opposed to USS for order confirmations?

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 757 ✭✭✭✭✭

just received my two orders today, waiting for the Morgan Peace FDOI PR70 I ordered also, should arrive in December. These coins are beautiful. The reverse proof looks like shiny chrome on each coin.

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    So, I know that I'm alone on an island here and no one will be joining my fan club Let the hate mail begin...

No hate mail, just ironic you dislike them just enough… to buy them🤣

• Options

@Extremeengineer said:

@Joe_360 said:
    So, I know that I'm alone on an island here and no one will be joining my fan club Let the hate mail begin...

No hate mail, just ironic you dislike them just enough… to buy them🤣

as stated:

• I wanted the 1st year of issue - it will be an item to own
    • I will leave for my kids
    • dislike was not a word that I used...

ironic that you missed all of that

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file