Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****The Official 2023 Morgan & Peace Dollar Two Coin Reverse Proof Set Thread****

Comments

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MtW124 said:
    250,000 is not a lot so I was expecting approx an hour and they would be gone. Wrong again, seems to always be that way when I think I know what will happen.

Of course none of us knew what would happen. I agree 250,000 is not a lot and still think it'll be a sell-out this weekend.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got an update from the mint.

"Just Shipped!"

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

my two on subscription show "shipped" today and that was with the free shipping option. a little surprised but happy they're on the way. not a sellout yet!

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

Above all the hype we’re overlooking the fact that it’s a great looking issue - I’m excited to see it in my hand. If it sells out, fine - if it doesn’t I won’t lose a minute sleep.

There was an ASE reverse proof set a couple years ago, I don’t know how fast it sold out, but it never soared in price and despite that it still looks great.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

hopefully $182.50+ means more people know about the catalog site

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@Goldbully said:
    12:10 at the Whitman Baltimore show today.

i see a persevering liberty tree. do they have these for sale? can you ask how many they brought?

now excuse me while I go have a cry over the boxes for the buffs

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

you know, considering these will be minted again next year
    and
    with the mint's tendency of minting too many "special" issues

there may be future RP sets with lower mintages in a possible race to the bottom

• Options
    edited November 9, 2023 2:36PM

isn't it reassuring to know the forum software allows double posts like the good ol daze?

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2023 3:00PM

@MsMorrisine said:

12:10 at the Whitman Baltimore show today.

i see a persevering liberty tree. do they have these for sale? can you ask how many they brought?

Great question!!!

Maybe that was the one that is always available in the early morning! 🤣

Edited to add: Good eye @MsMorrisine. 😉

• Options
    ArkieArkie Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

My shipment is finally showing a delivery date of Monday. I'm hoping for an update on that to Saturday however... since it's already left Dallas and, typically, that is about a full day out from delivery by USPS to my location. Note that it was in USPS' hands 1h and 45m after the sell started... they sure did have them on pallets and ready to roll out.

• Options

:) My coins are moving too from U.S to Canada via UPS:

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still available

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2023 6:45PM

@Batman23 said:
    It almost seems that with the new subscription program that demand has lowered.
    ...We can now collectively watch and judge and have an idea how much demand there is before release day when previously you did not know until after they were released.

I would like to know how many subscription orders, and total sets, were ordered and how those numbers changed over time. Especially the lowering of subscription numbers or outright cancellations in the final month/two-weeks.

Hopefully one of the coin publishers will run a story and included this info in a future issue.

Of course, since the Mint is a US Gov't operation - anyone could request this info via a Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request and the mint would have be provide the info - and you know they track this data.

https://usmint.gov/foia

BST references available on request

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

What big boys have these in hand graded for sale today?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2023 7:36PM

@OLC said:
    What big boys have these in hand graded for sale today?

None. Probably. Hard to get them graded in 3 days. Although you could walk through.

Was there walk through grading at Baltimore? You might find some from there.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2023 8:20PM

I really like the reverses. More images in the link: csnmint.com/2023-s-reverse-proof-morgan-peace-dollar

• Options
    BucketHeadBucketHead Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

Still available. The good news is that everyone who wants one can get one. That’s also the bad news depending on which side of the fence you’re on.

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭✭

This set unerwelmed me. I was set to go for 5 got the notice a couple weeks ago cc was expiring. Didn’t get
    Around to changing it until yesterday morning early. Got to work to notice a email from the Mint, about 30 mins after I corrected the cc info. That my subscriptions have been canceled. In stead of getting onto or even wanting these coins I ordered a couple mid to upper grade fishing rods and an upper grade reel. I will get more enjoyment from those than the coins I missed out on from
    The mint. Might look at them a couple times and into storage for eons I did however really like the straight proof versions. I Guess I just wasn’t feeling it for the reverse proof

Martin

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 5 sets have shipped and arrive Monday….

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine are "label created, USPS awaiting package."

I got two sets. I am not a big fan of reverse proofs, but I've bought all the modern ones so far, so I bought them.

And I like big silver coins.

:)

• Options
    knovak1976knovak1976 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2023 10:25AM

If I hadn’t bought two sets with a subscription they would have sold out in 2.5 minutes……guaranteed…..😂

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

3 sets shipped :)

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

23 hours in and they are still available. HHL should lift soon and we'll see if that speeds things up. It would be interesting to know how many remain in stock.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Estimated delivery: Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

HHL removed. I can only add 94 to the bag. So not many left.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, all gone. That didn’t take long.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. Now let's see how many grade PF70🤔

• Options
    johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

I canceled all five orders last week. Didn’t see the demand needed to drive much future value.

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

How long before somebody complains that the mint is terrible because they didn’t get a chance to buy a set.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

If HH is 5,how did dealers get so many? Because my eBay preorder graded already shipped. So they already had them early and they had more than 5.

What did I miss?

• Options

@goldbuffalo said:
    If HH is 5,how did dealers get so many? Because my eBay preorder graded already shipped. So they already had them early and they had more than 5.

What did I miss?

ABPP allows high volume buyers to pick up the coins 3 days before release.

They also could have picked some up in Baltimore yesterday.

• Options

"Remind me" now:

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

People missed out? Oh well, buy 'em next year. Or the year after. I'm sure there will be plenty to go around. They will sell like hotcakes.....expensive hotcakes.

• Options
    MtW124MtW124 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

Happy to have my five coming. My Kids will love the ones I give them.

• Options

@124Spider said:
    While still remembering the cluster-f**k that was the introduction of the modern Peace and Morgan dollars in 2021, I have to give the Mint kudos for getting it right this year. Having them available for subscription, and then selling out one day after they go on sale, gave everyone who really cares a chance to buy, but puts all the profit where it belongs--with the Mint (not with flippers).

That remains to be seen. Holidays are here...keep an eye on Ebay completed auctions for true aftermarket values.😉

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@124Spider said:
    While still remembering the cluster-f**k that was the introduction of the modern Peace and Morgan dollars in 2021, I have to give the Mint kudos for getting it right this year. Having them available for subscription, and then selling out one day after they go on sale, gave everyone who really cares a chance to buy, but puts all the profit where it belongs--with the Mint (not with flippers).

That remains to be seen. Holidays are here...keep an eye on Ebay completed auctions for true aftermarket values.😉

Sealed box of 3 sold for $720 today.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@124Spider said:

After fees and shipping not much profit.🤔

• Options
    edited November 10, 2023 4:37PM

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@124Spider said:

After fees and shipping not much profit.🤔

$100 is 100 bucks.

It's a 30% premium over issue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file