Home Sports Talk
Options

New England Patriots 2023 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am shocked that a team actually signed Elliott. And flabbergasted that said team is the Patriots. Guess you never know...

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    I am shocked that a team actually signed Elliott. And flabbergasted that said team is the Patriots. Guess you never know...

Bill loves washed up former studs he can get on the cheap

• Options

Watching this pre-season game....

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Watching this pre-season game....

Thank you for posting this! I totally forgot about this game lol

• Options

Looks like Mac already got pulled for Zappe after going 6/9 for 52yds. Hopefully he starts the 2nd half.

• Options

Hopefully Bolden has a quick recovery. Kudos to GB's fans for being cool with the game being ended like that,I'm sure the total price for even a preseason game wasn't cheap.

I only tuned in with around 4-5mins left in the 2nd but from what I saw the offense looked like it was moving pretty good for who was out there.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Hopefully Bolden has a quick recovery. Kudos to GB's fans for being cool with the game being ended like that,I'm sure the total price for even a preseason game wasn't cheap.

I only tuned in with around 4-5mins left in the 2nd but from what I saw the offense looked like it was moving pretty good for who was out there.

I didn't feel as though our starters looked good on either side. The Packers drove right down the field on our starting D on one drive, ad they were running on us pretty well at the beginning. Obligatory false start by Brown on our first offensive play. Overthrow by Mac on an easy one. It's just pre=season so I won't panic.

I was shocked they stopped the game, especially after I heard he was moving hands and feet. Will this be the new normal? Curious about the regular season.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

I didn't feel as though our starters looked good on either side. The Packers drove right down the field on our starting D on one drive, ad they were running on us pretty well at the beginning. Obligatory false start by Brown on our first offensive play. Overthrow by Mac on an easy one. It's just pre=season so I won't panic.

I was shocked they stopped the game, especially after I heard he was moving hands and feet. Will this be the new normal? Curious about the regular season.

I missed most of that early stuff and just saw,I think, three offensive drives total. The Boutte TD catch,a punt, and Zappe running one in for a td.

Not sure if Isiah Bolden or Tre Nixon are expected to make the team but both injuries didn't look good for those two.

• Options

Missed the whole thing

Hope Bolden is ok

• Options

I just looked it up and he is ok, apparently he is going home with the team

I would say they stopped the game only because it was preseason?

• Options

@perkdog said:

Probably,plus add what happened with Damar Hamlin last season and it really was just a precaution.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2023 2:30PM

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

Probably,plus add what happened with Damar Hamlin last season and it really was just a precaution.

Josh Allen talked about the Hamiln situation a little bit on the Pardon My Take Barstool Sports podcast recently. The NFL gave them 15 to 20 minutes and even though he didnt say it since itd be bad for his career its been pretty well reported they were pressuring the team to play.

What ended up happening was Allen addressed the team and they took a team vote. Either they all play or they all say no. They voted to all play so it went on.

This situation being preseason the NFL might not care that much, but the players could have potentially just said no

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

Josh Allen talked about the Hamiln situation a little bit on the Pardon My Take Barstool Sports podcast recently. The NFL gave them 15 to 20 minutes and even though he didnt say it since itd be bad for his career its been pretty well reported they were pressuring the team to play.

What ended up happening was Allen addressed the team and they took a team vote. Either they all play or they all say no. They voted to all play so it went on.

This situation being preseason the NFL might not care that much, but the players could have potentially just said no

Thats interesting. I haven't read up on the details into calling off last night's game but while it was happening live Scott Zolak,former Pats QB and current Pats radio play by play guy, pointed out during the brodcast how it went down.
    First it was Belichick & Packers HC Matt LaFleur getting together,then BB brought in Pats S/T captain Matt Slater,then they went to the head referee and the game was called over literally within like a minute or two of all of them getting together.

Sounds like Belichick let Matt Slater make the call for the players without voting. I dont know if LaFLeur went to his captains or players to see what they thought.
    This was a preseason game where the NFL/teams involved would lose money but not like they did with that Bills/Bengals game on MNF.

• Options

I will be interested in seeing how this all plays out going forward. Will stopping games become more of a norm? What will be the severity of the injury involved and the scale used to judge the severity? There are many gray areas here.

• Options

From what Matt Slater said postgame,Belichick (and LaFleur) made the call pretty quickly.
    Here's some of what he had to say on it:
    “I really appreciate what coach Belichick did,” Slater said. “He took the initiative on that. Look, this is not the AFC Championship. We’re not playing for records. It’s preseason Game 2. When you have an injury like that, it affects a lot of guys in a lot of different ways. Clearly, our team was shaken by what happened, and I think coach made the right decision.

“I think that was tremendous leadership by him. I have to say honestly, that was one of the proudest moments I’ve had as a guy who’s played for him for now 16 years, to see what he did. There was no hesitation. And I appreciate coach LaFleur, as well, for standing with him. I think everybody acted swiftly, and it was the right call in this situation.”
    https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/matthew-slater-lauds-bill-belichicks-leadership-in-suspending-game-one-of-my-proudest-moments

• Options

The play is made at the 1:53:17 mark and Its hard to tell how Bolden was hit. If you lower the playback speed it looks like Pats LB #43 Calvin Munson may have clipped Bolden's head with the left side of his body when he went to make the tackle on GB WR Malik Heath.
    This was the GB broadcast and I didn't see another angle on it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUCg8F4YxIU

• Options

It sounds like it was Belichick taking charge, Slater, and LeFleur agreeing.

• Options
    edited August 21, 2023 4:26AM

@thisistheshow said:

It sounds like it was a preseason game and Slater giving Hoodie love since he has been on that team for over a decade just to.play special teams lol

I don't think shutting games down will be the norm, the Hamlin situation was different because it was an unexpected cardiac event, none of the players could wrap their heads around thst, they all know the risk of bodily injury from getting hit but what they saw probably sunk in more since it wasn't a weird tackle that dropped him

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

It sounds like it was a preseason game and Slater giving Hoodie love since he has been on that team for over a decade just to.play special teams lol

Why you hatin on Matt Slater lol? The guy is a lock for the HOF and his career accomplishments might not be topped by any other Special Teams player in NFL history.
    3 SB Rings
    5 All-Pro 1st teams
    3 All-Pro 2nd teams
    10 Pro-Bowls

This is his 15th season and he has a career earnings total of 27M which works out to slightly more than the vet minimum for each season.

• Options
    edited August 21, 2023 5:49AM

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

Why you hatin on Matt Slater lol? The guy is a lock for the HOF and his career accomplishments might not be topped by any other Special Teams player in NFL history.
    3 SB Rings
    5 All-Pro 1st teams
    3 All-Pro 2nd teams
    10 Pro-Bowls

This is his 15th season and he has a career earnings total of 27M which works out to slightly more than the vet minimum for each season.

I'm not hating on him I just find it so astonishing that he has made a living with the Pats under Hoodie when he has literally been just a special teams player, I think alot of it involves him kissing up to everything Bill does but I still like the guy

He will be a Patriots HOF but I absolutely don't believe he will make the HOF

• Options

I'd like to Slater make the actual HOF. He is representative of what was going on during the "double dynasty". Meaning there was more than just Brady, there was buy-in and high level execution at all levels.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

3 SB Rings
    5 All-Pro 1st teams
    3 All-Pro 2nd teams
    10 Pro-Bowls

I'm not hating on him I just find it so astonishing that he has made a living with the Pats under Hoodie when he has literally been just a special teams player, I think alot of it involves him kissing up to everything Bill does but I still like the guy

He's made a living as a S/T player buts he's also been paid like one as well. The guy is getting paid literally like 1% of the 224M salary cap. Its been like that his entire career yet he's been voted football's top S/T player 5 times and second best 3 times in 14 seasons. Its possible that he even adds to that in this final season.

What I think this really comes down to is you're not a fan of Special Teams play and how imprtant it actually is too winning football games. I honestly think that if we didn't have Belichick beefing up their S/T for over 20 seasons we'd see how bad it good be like with other NFL teams that haven't. In NE,we've really just had one bad play every so often that stands out but with the worst S/T units that is the norm.

Well, we'll findout in roughly 2028 if we're both still around. Thats assuming he retires after this season which I'm pretty sure that he said he was.

• Options
    edited August 21, 2023 6:24AM

I mean,teams need players to go out there on Special Teams and make plays and our fanbase has seen firsthand what its like when star players get used then get hurt.
    I doubt that a single Pats fan didn't curse out the Belichick bloodline,myself included, when Gronk got lost for a season after blocking on a an extra point yet there's always been complaints when some free agent gets signed on the cheap to come play S/Ts here. We can't have it both ways.

Bill's thing has always been to build a solid S/T core,on cheap money no less,and having had a guy like Slater leading that group,its never really hurt the team.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

3 SB Rings
    5 All-Pro 1st teams
    3 All-Pro 2nd teams
    10 Pro-Bowls

He's made a living as a S/T player buts he's also been paid like one as well. The guy is getting paid literally like 1% of the 224M salary cap. Its been like that his entire career yet he's been voted football's top S/T player 5 times and second best 3 times in 14 seasons. Its possible that he even adds to that in this final season.

What I think this really comes down to is you're not a fan of Special Teams play and how imprtant it actually is too winning football games. I honestly think that if we didn't have Belichick beefing up their S/T for over 20 seasons we'd see how bad it good be like with other NFL teams that haven't. In NE,we've really just had one bad play every so often that stands out but with the worst S/T units that is the norm.

Well, we'll findout in roughly 2028 if we're both still around. Thats assuming he retires after this season which I'm pretty sure that he said he was.

What it comes down to is your getting way too defensive of Slater, I made my point clear that a one trick pony has been on hoodies squad for so long and it's surprising to me, I'm not hating on the guy but please don't tell me he was a vital part of our success during Brady's tenure

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

3 SB Rings
    5 All-Pro 1st teams
    3 All-Pro 2nd teams
    10 Pro-Bowls

What it comes down to is your getting way too defensive of Slater, I made my point clear that a one trick pony has been on hoodies squad for so long and it's surprising to me, I'm not hating on the guy but please don't tell me he was a vital part of our success during Brady's tenure

Relax brother lol,we've been down this road numerous times and i am just messing with you. As I was typing one of those comments above i realized that this is like the 3rd or 4th time we've had this back & forth over Slater lol and I'd swear that the entire debate, both ways, is verbatim from the previous one.

I would never consider Matt Slater's contributions on a level with a Brady or Gronk but like with Devin McCourty & the secondary,Slater has had that S/T unit humming for years regardless of the team using star players in it or Bill letting his cousin's neighbor's former roommate call the plays. 😉

It will be interesting though to see if he makes it into the NFL HOF when the time comes. You won't find a better career resume as strictly a special teams player.

• Options
    edited August 21, 2023 7:15AM

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

3 SB Rings
    5 All-Pro 1st teams
    3 All-Pro 2nd teams
    10 Pro-Bowls

Relax brother lol,we've been down this road numerous times and i am just messing with you. As I was typing one of those comments above i realized that this is like the 3rd or 4th time we've had this back & forth over Slater lol and I'd swear that the entire debate, both ways, is verbatim from the previous one.

I would never consider Matt Slater's contributions on a level with a Brady or Gronk but like with Devin McCourty & the secondary,Slater has had that S/T unit humming for years regardless of the team using star players in it or Bill letting his cousin's neighbor's former roommate call the plays. 😉

It will be interesting though to see if he makes it into the NFL HOF when the time comes. You won't find a better career resume as strictly a special teams player.

Hey we are Patriot loving brothers here and Brothers get into it from time to time lol

You are correct, we have discussed this before several times for sure, it will be interesting if he gets a HOF nod and I promise you if he does I will be right there with you applauding the guy, he has been a solid Patruot through and through.

Its always good bro 🍻

• Options

I read something earlier saying that Larry Izzo has the most career special teams tackles and I tried a Google search to see where Slater ranked on that list but couldn't find an actual list.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

3 SB Rings
    5 All-Pro 1st teams
    3 All-Pro 2nd teams
    10 Pro-Bowls

Hey we are Patriot loving brothers here and Brothers get into it from time to time lol

You are correct, we have discussed this before several times for sure, it will be interesting if he gets a HOF nod and I promise you if he does I will be right there with you applauding the guy, he has been a solid Patruot through and through.

Its always good bro 🍻

I was just busting your chops,don't take me serious at all lol. I've been diggin some of your recent pickups lately especially the early 50's Teddy ballgame and Jackie Robinson. I saw some other Dodgers in there as well, are you outting together graded sets or just collecting indivudal players?

• Options
    edited August 21, 2023 9:21AM

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

3 SB Rings
    5 All-Pro 1st teams
    3 All-Pro 2nd teams
    10 Pro-Bowls

Its always good bro 🍻

I was just busting your chops,don't take me serious at all lol. I've been diggin some of your recent pickups lately especially the early 50's Teddy ballgame and Jackie Robinson. I saw some other Dodgers in there as well, are you outting together graded sets or just collecting indivudal players?

Always good bud, 100%,

But I have to take your Pats talk serious because you are our resident radio/TV guy 🤣🤣🤣

Regarding my cards I am into Vintage only, I missed the boat on Brady rookies unfortunately but I am trying to put together a raw 52 Large and 51 Bowman football sets, that's my collecting passion.

I also buy select graded HOF'ers in lower grade with good eye appeal and Ofcourse the Orange 54 Teddy Ballgame was a must have, it's his best looking card IMO, I got out of the high grade cards awhile ago because of the fraud behind alterations ect so I stick with the 3/4/5 stabbed cards of select HOF'ers

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

3 SB Rings
    5 All-Pro 1st teams
    3 All-Pro 2nd teams
    10 Pro-Bowls

Its always good bro 🍻

Always good bud, 100%,

But I have to take your Pats talk serious because you are our resident radio/TV guy 🤣🤣🤣

Regarding my cards I am into Vintage only, I missed the boat on Brady rookies unfortunately but I am trying to put together a raw 52 Large and 51 Bowman football sets, that's my collecting passion.

I also buy select graded HOF'ers in lower grade with good eye appeal and Ofcourse the Orange 54 Teddy Ballgame was a must have, it's his best looking card IMO, I got out of the high grade cards awhile ago because of the fraud behind alterations ect so I stick with the 3/4/5 stabbed cards of select HOF'ers

There's absolutely nothing wrong with finding nice looking low/mid-grade cards especially at the right price. That Williams would be exactly the type of card that i'd be looking for if I collected vintage. Nice centering and slightly rounded corners means there's a much less chance that someone tried giving Ted a haircut.

I've tried staying away from checking out what Brady RCs & Autos are selling for these days after seeing that a Brady 2000 Bowman Chrome Refractor BGS 9 had sold for just over 80K a couple years back. I sold the exact same card & grade for $3500,which was a record price at the time,soon after the Pats beat the Falcons in the SB. 😔
    I think the worst part about selling mine off was I found out years later that it went to a known card trimmer so who knows what ended up happening with that card.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

3 SB Rings
    5 All-Pro 1st teams
    3 All-Pro 2nd teams
    10 Pro-Bowls

Its always good bro 🍻

Always good bud, 100%,

There's absolutely nothing wrong with finding nice looking low/mid-grade cards especially at the right price. That Williams would be exactly the type of card that i'd be looking for if I collected vintage. Nice centering and slightly rounded corners means there's a much less chance that someone tried giving Ted a haircut.

I've tried staying away from checking out what Brady RCs & Autos are selling for these days after seeing that a Brady 2000 Bowman Chrome Refractor BGS 9 had sold for just over 80K a couple years back. I sold the exact same card & grade for $3500,which was a record price at the time,soon after the Pats beat the Falcons in the SB. 😔
    I think the worst part about selling mine off was I found out years later that it went to a known card trimmer so who knows what ended up happening with that card.

Holy crap, that is quite a short but crazy story with your Brady RC, 3500 is a nice taje but 80k? Crazy

You hit the nail on the head with good centering and soft corners, that is my wheel House

• Options

Sounds like Bill isn't taking any chances and has cancelled the joint practices that were scheduled this week with the Titans before their final preseason game on friday.

Its going to be interesting to see how he handles the roster cutdowns this season. In previous years there were scheduled cutdown dates to ge the roster down to 53 players, now its just one fell swoop going form 90 down to 53. Thats a ton of players that will be hitting the streets all at once.

• Options

Pre-season is very different. Coincidentally, or ironically, I have often heard that if ever pre-season games were to be eliminated, they would be replaced with joint practices, as these practices seem to be to the liking of coaches as a way to evaluate their teams. Of course, there would be much revenue loss, and I would only imagine that eliminating more pre-season would only happen if more regular season was added.

Anecdotally it seems that less pre-season work and less physical/contact practices mean more injuries.

• Options

Players hate preseason to begin with and many of the established players either sit out or play minimally. A lot of coaches hate joint practices, fights can happen and youre giving away some plays during them. The preseason is really there to evaluate fringe players and to make some extra money for the league. If the NFL could they would eliminate the preseason and turn them all into regular season games which would be much harder on the players bodies but much more money on tv. If they just got rid of preseason they would reduce injuries but they would increase if those games were just replaced with real ones

• Options

Tough to evaluate players by practice alone, preseason is also tough because your going against a lot of guys that don't make the roster

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Tough to evaluate players by practice alone, preseason is also tough because your going against a lot of guys that don't make the roster

It is tough but youve got game tape on them from college too. The preseason for the most part is like gloried practice squads. Starters dont play very long and if your starting QB Is in the starting O line has to all be in. Youre probably getting a better look at your practice squad guys going against your starters in practice than you really are in the preseason. I get it though, its a way to add extra revenue without having to have starters play. I can see the justification for 1 or 2 but anything more than that is just to get more money on tv

• Options

BB sent RB Pierre Strong to the Browns for OT Tyrone Wheatley Jr, now they're back down to four RBs expected to make the 53 man roster in Stevenson,Elliott,Kevin Harris & JJ Taylor(assuming Taylor makes the final roster.)
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38270619/source-patriots-acquire-browns-ot-rb-pierre-strong-jr

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    BB sent RB Pierre Strong to the Browns for OT Tyrone Wheatley Jr, now they're back down to four RBs expected to make the 53 man roster in Stevenson,Elliott,Kevin Harris & JJ Taylor(assuming Taylor makes the final roster.)
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38270619/source-patriots-acquire-browns-ot-rb-pierre-strong-jr

We do need all of the offensive line help we can get, I guess.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

True but he was a UDFA in 2020 that is now heading to his 4th team since then plus he's never played in a single NFL game.
    Unrelated,Wheatley's father played in the NFL for 10yrs betwen the Giants & Raiders.

I think I'm more surprised that is was Strong that got shipped out and not Kevin Harris. From many of the reports coming out of training camp this summer,Harris has pretty much looked awful.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

True but he was a UDFA in 2020 that is now heading to his 4th team since then plus he's never played in a single NFL game.
    Unrelated,Wheatley's father played in the NFL for 10yrs betwen the Giants & Raiders.

I think I'm more surprised that is was Strong that got shipped out and not Kevin Harris. From many of the reports coming out of training camp this summer,Harris has pretty much looked awful.

That makes sense. Before writing my comment I looked him up and saw his pedigree and lack of experience. Like I said...all the help we can get...but you make a good point.

• Options

BB made another trade sending out a 6th rounder for a young OT,Vederian Lowe,who was a late round pick of the Vikings last year. He played Left Tackle in 4 games.

No real surprise cuts yet.

Trace McSorely is gone which would leave Cunningham as the 3rd QB right now. Its going to be interesting to see if he makes the final 53 or if Bill tries sneaking him onto the practice squad,he might not make it thru waivers.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    BB made another trade sending out a 6th rounder for a young OT,Vederian Lowe,who was a late round pick of the Vikings last year. He played Left Tackle in 4 games.

Trace McSorely is gone which would leave Cunningham as the 3rd QB right now. Its going to be interesting to see if he makes the final 53 or if Bill tries sneaking him onto the practice squad,he might not make it thru waivers.

What happens with Cunningham, also I'm reading we are trading Folk.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

What happens with Cunningham, also I'm reading we are trading Folk.

Yup,Folk to the Titans for a 7th rounder. Kudos to BB for getting any type of pick for a 39yr old kicker. 🤣
    There are also reports that quite a few teams are calling NE about WR Kendrick Bourne,hopefully he doesn't get moved.

Not sure whats going to happen with Cunningham yet. One of the Pats podcasts that I listen too talked about how if the team waives him to try to get him onto their practice squad there's a chance some team will claim him.
    I think he makes the 53 man roster and BB either sends someone thru waivers to their PS or maybe he cuts someone with the intent to re-sign them after week 1.

• Options

Bailey Zappe,Malik Cunningham,Kevin Harris,Ty Montgomery & JJ Taylor all waived. That leaves ONE quarterback,Mac Jones, and TWO RBs in Rhamondre Stevenson & Zeke Elliot on their final 53 man roster.

I read somewhere that BB might be looking to bring in Colt Mccoy as backup QB but who knows if that is true or not.

• Options
    edited August 29, 2023 4:18PM

Saw this posted as the official final roster:
    Patriots initial 53-man roster (52 at the moment):

QB (1): Mac Jones

RB (2): Rhamondre Stevenson, Ezekiel Elliott

WR (6): JuJu Smith-Schuster, DeVante Parker, Kendrick Bourne, Tyquan Thornton, Demario Douglas, Kayshon Boutte

TE (2): Hunter Henry, Mike Gesicki

OL (11): Trent Brown, Mike Onwenu, Cole Strange, David Andrews, Riley Reiff, Calvin Anderson, Jake Andrews, Sidy Sow, Atonio Mafi, Tyrone Wheatley Jr., Vederian Lowe

DL (7): Davon Godchaux, Deatrich Wise, Lawrence Guy, Christian Barmore, Daniel Ekuale, Keion White, Sam Roberts

EDGE (3): Matthew Judon, Josh Uche, Anfernee Jennings

ILB (5): Ja’Whaun Bentley, Jahlani Tavai, Mack Wilson, Marte Mapu, Chris Board

CB (7): Christian Gonzalez, Jonathan Jones, Marcus Jones, Jack Jones, Myles Bryant, Shaun Wade, Ameer Speed

S (4): Kyle Dugger, Adrian Phillips, Jabrill Peppers, Jalen Mills

Specialists (3): Chad Ryland, Bryce Baringer, Joe Cardona

Coverage aces (2): Matthew Slater, Brenden Schooler

Bill's taking a huge gamble with those first two positions.

• Options

I'm hoping that 72 hours from now we can look back on this and chuckle ...because it all worked out 🤷😂

• Options

They cant possibly go into week one with this roster. 1 QB and 2 RBs should get any coach and anyone in the front office that agreed fired on the spot. This isnt high school, you cant win in college or the NFL if you cant throw the ball and that would be one injury away from looking like the 49ers against Philly last year and the 49ers had significantly more offensive talent

• Options
    edited August 29, 2023 5:39PM

He waived Zappe?

I can say with the utmost certainty that if I was an NFL player I would flat out refuse to play for Belichick