@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:
    it's pretty fascinating, all of it. prior to the season and throughout the first half, the talk around the Cardinals was tanking it all the way #1 pick, then dumping Murray and drafting Caleb Williams. well, it's all fun and games until you insert the guy you want out and he starts winning you games to take you out of the running for the guy you want to dump him for. now after yesterday it's like, well pop tarts he's the reason we just won. maybe he gives us the best chance to win and we should re-evaluate our stance? it's great theater.

Arizona has some winnable games in coming weeks -- they play the Texans, Rams, Bears, and Steelers. i don't expect them to beat Houston next weekend, but this is the NFL we're talking about here. n-e-thing can happen. when the dust settles i think they'll win themselves out of a top 3 pick, which would be great for New England.

The Cards definitely have a conundrum on their hands in regards to trying to win with Murray or hope fto lose enough for Williams.
    Didn't they just sign Murray to a top of the market type contract? Even if they get the chance to draft Caleb Williams they'd still be stuck in a tough spot if they give up on Kyler. They may have a hard time trading him with all of that money owed and releasing him would create some huge dead cap hits. Hopefully the Cards turn it around with him back now.

Theyre really only stuck with Murry for one more year. 2024 would be like an 80 mil cap hit if they cut him. 2025 his cap hit is 45.6 mil and 33.2 mil if they cut him. Not great but manageable., 2026 and 2027 his dead cap hits would only be 20.2 mil and then 7.2 mil.

His extension was a really weird move but they could still draft a QB and just sit them for a year if not they could just trade the pick to someone that does want a QB. As long as the Cards keep one of the elite picks at the very top and dont rip off a bunch of wins I would expect a QB to be drafted in that slot one way or another

If Arizona lands the 1st overall pick and draft Caleb Williams his cap hit in year one would be about 7M compared to Murray's 51M. This is cap hit we're talking not dead money (cap hit means your on team/ dead cap means off)
    I used Bryce Young's salary structure as 2023 1st overall pick for Caleb's comparison.

That 58M combined for Caleb/Kyler is how much both players would cost the Cardinals if they're both on the roster for 2024. Certainly manageable but compare that to some of the other highest QB salaries & their backups combined, its not likely.
    KC - Mahomes 37M/Gabbert 1M
    Tenn - Tannehil 26M/Levis 1.7M
    Detroit - Goff 31M/ Bridgewater 2.6M

Even the teams with the highest paid backup QBs don't come close to that 58M mentioned above.
    Pittsburgh - Trubisky 8M, their starter Pickett costs just 3.1M
    Washington - Brissett 8M,their starter Howell costs just 960K

The 2023 salary cap is 224M and is expected to go up in 2024 will the Cards be willing to pay roughly 1/4 of their total salary for two QBs coming off a season where they,in this situation, were the worst team in football? 🤷‍♂️

The other two scenarios are:
    Trade Murray,problem solved. Then the Cards are in a much better cap situation where his new team likely reworks his contract like the Jets did with Aaron Rodgers which allowed the Packers to suffer just 40M of dead money on their 2024 cap.

Release Murray but then Arizona is looking at that 81M in dead money for 2024,then 33M in 2025 and so on. This would be their worst case scenario and it would probably make more sense to hold onto him until the dead money is much lower but then you open yourself up to a potential QB controversy. If Caleb Williams comes in and shows that he's the better QB then the Cards have a very tough decision to make.

Thinking about this situation had me going back to 2017 when NE had Brady coming off the 28-3 comeback vs Atlanta and with Garoppolo heading into free agency at the end of the season,this was the major sports topic in this area at the time.

IIRC Brady was on a very team friendly deal where his cap hit for 2018 would have been in the 17-20M and many fans wanted the Pats to hold onto Jimmy by giving him the franchise tag for 2018 which was around 21M. Again IIRC, their salaries combined for 2018 would have cost NE roughly 35-40M for that season which would have been roughly just under 1/4th of NE's total salary cap had they kept the two.
    A QB controversy ensued and Kraft put his foot down and stuck with Tom,deservedly so, but the team moved on from a QB who looked tailor made for the system at a time when they probably could have made the money work while keeping Brady as starter.

My point being its easy for us to just say the Cards will just pay for both but its not always that simple.

This will all be moot anyways because Mac Jones is going to lead the Pats to that 1st overall pick and the Caleb Williams promise land 😉

I am not up in New England, so please keep me updated, but I actually would expect NE fans to be more likely to want the number 2 pick. I'm talking about a "pray for Maye" campaign.

As far as Williams vs Maye and who would be the better pick? i have no clue. I just want to be on the safe side and land that 1st overall pick lol.

I haven't dug into any material up here about which QB should they go with if given the chance. Lately, its been more about,do we have to choose between Mac & Zappe to finish out the season? 🤷‍♂️

With the 1st pick, the expectation will be to take Williams. Unless Belichick is still around, and then any kind of hi-jinks could ensue.

I'm just putting it out there now, I expect to see a contingent of NE fans hoping for the 2 and latching onto pray for Maye merchandise and slogans.

If Bill IS still around then this would probably be his wet dream...we own the 1st overall pick and he can trade it too whoever is at #2 so that they get Caleb Williams. Belichick gets his extra picks that he can jump around the draft with and we still get our QB in Maye. 😉

In the news today, even down here, so I am sure itll be up there a lot, is the idea that we will trade Belichick after the season. I'm sure this will eventually coincide with stories that we are going to trade for Vrabel this off-season.

Bill Belichick would never agree to getting traded lol. That will happen right after you & I both win the lottery.

If he wants to coach again after this season, and if the Pats plan on letting him go, it will definitely be conversation fodder.

I don't think that Kraft would do him like that. they have too much success together for this to be treated like any other situation. For BB to actually get traded,especially without his consent, their relationship will have had to hit rock bottom for that to happen.

That being said,if it means more draft picks then I'm all for it. 😎

I actually wasn't thinking about without his consent. I meant if Belichick wants to keep coaching immediately, and he has another year on his deal.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:
    it's pretty fascinating, all of it. prior to the season and throughout the first half, the talk around the Cardinals was tanking it all the way #1 pick, then dumping Murray and drafting Caleb Williams. well, it's all fun and games until you insert the guy you want out and he starts winning you games to take you out of the running for the guy you want to dump him for. now after yesterday it's like, well pop tarts he's the reason we just won. maybe he gives us the best chance to win and we should re-evaluate our stance? it's great theater.

Arizona has some winnable games in coming weeks -- they play the Texans, Rams, Bears, and Steelers. i don't expect them to beat Houston next weekend, but this is the NFL we're talking about here. n-e-thing can happen. when the dust settles i think they'll win themselves out of a top 3 pick, which would be great for New England.

The Cards definitely have a conundrum on their hands in regards to trying to win with Murray or hope fto lose enough for Williams.
    Didn't they just sign Murray to a top of the market type contract? Even if they get the chance to draft Caleb Williams they'd still be stuck in a tough spot if they give up on Kyler. They may have a hard time trading him with all of that money owed and releasing him would create some huge dead cap hits. Hopefully the Cards turn it around with him back now.

Theyre really only stuck with Murry for one more year. 2024 would be like an 80 mil cap hit if they cut him. 2025 his cap hit is 45.6 mil and 33.2 mil if they cut him. Not great but manageable., 2026 and 2027 his dead cap hits would only be 20.2 mil and then 7.2 mil.

His extension was a really weird move but they could still draft a QB and just sit them for a year if not they could just trade the pick to someone that does want a QB. As long as the Cards keep one of the elite picks at the very top and dont rip off a bunch of wins I would expect a QB to be drafted in that slot one way or another

If Arizona lands the 1st overall pick and draft Caleb Williams his cap hit in year one would be about 7M compared to Murray's 51M. This is cap hit we're talking not dead money (cap hit means your on team/ dead cap means off)
    I used Bryce Young's salary structure as 2023 1st overall pick for Caleb's comparison.

That 58M combined for Caleb/Kyler is how much both players would cost the Cardinals if they're both on the roster for 2024. Certainly manageable but compare that to some of the other highest QB salaries & their backups combined, its not likely.

Even the teams with the highest paid backup QBs don't come close to that 58M mentioned above.

The 2023 salary cap is 224M and is expected to go up in 2024 will the Cards be willing to pay roughly 1/4 of their total salary for two QBs coming off a season where they,in this situation, were the worst team in football? 🤷‍♂️

Trade Murray,problem solved. Then the Cards are in a much better cap situation where his new team likely reworks his contract like the Jets did with Aaron Rodgers which allowed the Packers to suffer just 40M of dead money on their 2024 cap.

Release Murray but then Arizona is looking at that 81M in dead money for 2024,then 33M in 2025 and so on. This would be their worst case scenario and it would probably make more sense to hold onto him until the dead money is much lower but then you open yourself up to a potential QB controversy. If Caleb Williams comes in and shows that he's the better QB then the Cards have a very tough decision to make.

Thinking about this situation had me going back to 2017 when NE had Brady coming off the 28-3 comeback vs Atlanta and with Garoppolo heading into free agency at the end of the season,this was the major sports topic in this area at the time.

IIRC Brady was on a very team friendly deal where his cap hit for 2018 would have been in the 17-20M and many fans wanted the Pats to hold onto Jimmy by giving him the franchise tag for 2018 which was around 21M. Again IIRC, their salaries combined for 2018 would have cost NE roughly 35-40M for that season which would have been roughly just under 1/4th of NE's total salary cap had they kept the two.
    A QB controversy ensued and Kraft put his foot down and stuck with Tom,deservedly so, but the team moved on from a QB who looked tailor made for the system at a time when they probably could have made the money work while keeping Brady as starter.

My point being its easy for us to just say the Cards will just pay for both but its not always that simple.

This will all be moot anyways because Mac Jones is going to lead the Pats to that 1st overall pick and the Caleb Williams promise land 😉

I am not up in New England, so please keep me updated, but I actually would expect NE fans to be more likely to want the number 2 pick. I'm talking about a "pray for Maye" campaign.

As far as Williams vs Maye and who would be the better pick? i have no clue. I just want to be on the safe side and land that 1st overall pick lol.

I haven't dug into any material up here about which QB should they go with if given the chance. Lately, its been more about,do we have to choose between Mac & Zappe to finish out the season? 🤷‍♂️

With the 1st pick, the expectation will be to take Williams. Unless Belichick is still around, and then any kind of hi-jinks could ensue.

I'm just putting it out there now, I expect to see a contingent of NE fans hoping for the 2 and latching onto pray for Maye merchandise and slogans.

If Bill IS still around then this would probably be his wet dream...we own the 1st overall pick and he can trade it too whoever is at #2 so that they get Caleb Williams. Belichick gets his extra picks that he can jump around the draft with and we still get our QB in Maye. 😉

In the news today, even down here, so I am sure itll be up there a lot, is the idea that we will trade Belichick after the season. I'm sure this will eventually coincide with stories that we are going to trade for Vrabel this off-season.

Bill Belichick would never agree to getting traded lol. That will happen right after you & I both win the lottery.

If he wants to coach again after this season, and if the Pats plan on letting him go, it will definitely be conversation fodder.

I don't think that Kraft would do him like that. they have too much success together for this to be treated like any other situation. For BB to actually get traded,especially without his consent, their relationship will have had to hit rock bottom for that to happen.

Winning and losing has a lot to do with the Coach/Owner relations lol

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:

Winning and losing has a lot to do with the Coach/Owner relations lol

True but but this isn't your typical NFL HC/Owner relationship. 20 winning seasons in 24 years with 6 Lombardi trophies built up a lot of credit there.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@Basebal21 said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:

I agree with your earlier point the Cards are stuck with Kyler for at least another year.

As far as who the first overall pick will be Caleb isnt a lock for it like people assumed going into the year. Jayden Daniels has been the best player in the country by far and its not really all that close. He probably wont win the Heisman because to many voters vote based off team record eventhough their losses have all be the defenses fault. Hes also the most mobile

Maye has been very good as well helping a UNC team overachieve even missing their best WR most of the year. Hes also the tallest at 6'5 and can run too. Caleb is the shortest at 6'1 and is the least mobile of the three but can still move. Dieons son if he declares will be an absolute combine monster and someone may be inclined to take him.

Right now Daniels would probably be the best chance for success with the current pats set up from his speed, but I'm not sure any of them would have success if this isnt a heavily offensively focused draft for them

• Options

I've just assumed that Caleb Williams would be the 1st overall pick because his name is the one that gets thrown around the most here as far as going #1. I'll take your word on there being better options.
    All I want is a better QB here in NE but like you said at the end, the team has to be committed to building around whoever they draft and Belichick's method of building an offense seems to be outdated. His WR success rate is horrible and he no longer has Dante Scarnecchia around to turn 4th-5th round OLinemen into All-Pro caliber starters.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    I've just assumed that Caleb Williams would be the 1st overall pick because his name is the one that gets thrown around the most here as far as going #1. I'll take your word on there being better options.
    All I want is a better QB here in NE but like you said at the end, the team has to be committed to building around whoever they draft and Belichick's method of building an offense seems to be outdated. His WR success rate is horrible and he no longer has Dante Scarnecchia around to turn 4th-5th round OLinemen into All-Pro caliber starters.

My thoughts exactly, I don't want to see another rookie QB get ruined under Belichick

• Options

@erikthredd said:

He very well could go first overall but the media makes it sound like hes a lock and hes head and shoulders above everyone else which just isnt the case. Theres some other guys that are just as good as him if not better that are putting up the same or better numbers in either a harder conference or with less talent around them.

Honestly though if the Pats got the first or 2nd pick and I was Caleb/Maye I would tell them not to draft me if Bill was still the coach. They could either try and pull something off like Eli did with the Chargers or they could just go back to school. Going back to school may sound crazy and a huge risk, but its not as crazy as it once was. With NIL legal now both of those QBs have already made 7 figures in endorsement deals and both know theyd get 7 figure offers to come back to school. It may not be top of the draft money, but they are already multimillionaires. Daniels is the only one that is out of college eligibility.

There is a chance Caleb and Maye just dont declare in the first place. Lots of celebrities are offering Caleb things for 1 more year and UNC got Maye hooked up with some big buck deals when Bama was offering him a lot of money before the season.

Funny enough the NFL had to actually make a rule not to long ago because Calebs agent was going around telling teams that he will just return to school if his draft contract didnt include a percentage of team ownership. It was never going to happen but the NFL stepped in and made that illegal to make it easier on teams.

• Options

Caleb Williams and Maye should already be making it crystal clear they won't go to the Pats, they would be crazy if Belichick is the HC, he literally destroyed Mac Jones

• Options

If those two QBs don't want any part of NE with Belichick then find some team in the 3-6 range to trade up for whoever they want. Then after moving a few picks back, draft that QB you like and take all of your extra picks and build an offense around him.

Trading that 1st or 2nd pick will give you enough high draft picks in this draft to land a a high level QB,a starting LT Tackle and a high level WR &/or TE. Add in all of your own picks in this draft and they could realistically land a QB.LT,WR.TE & RT and still have plenty of picks for their defense.

We just need to knock BB out with some chloroform 5mins before he goes to make each pick. >:)

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

Penix from Washington may be the most underrated passer, at least on this forum. I’ve seen him make some pinpoint passes, could turn into a quality nfl qb. Haven’t heard Bo Nix mentioned much but he is the favorite to win the heisman. Don’t know what year he is in college but I would take both those guys over Caleb Williams.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Penix from Washington may be the most underrated passer, at least on this forum. I’ve seen him make some pinpoint passes, could turn into a quality nfl qb. Haven’t heard Bo Nix mentioned much but he is the favorite to win the heisman. Don’t know what year he is in college but I would take both those guys over Caleb Williams.

Any team with a top 3 or so pick will certainly have the opportunity to make a choice which will be questioned. There doesn't appear to be too much definiteness.

• Options
    edited November 15, 2023 11:09PM

@Darin said:

Both have to go to the draft. Bo Nix is a 5th year senior that was bad for his first 3 years and Penix is a 6th year starter that was bad for his first 4. Penix is also a lefty that cant move whose rushed for negative 27 yards on 20 attempts. Drafting either in the top 5 should get someone fired on the spot.

Penix and Nix will both be 24 when the draft comes around. Theres 7 starting QBs in the NFL right now that are 23 or younger. Always have to be skeptical of guys that struggle and then get good when theyre older than basically everyone theyre playing against. Granted they both switched schools but still theyre older than basically everyone and Nix even has the all time record for most career starts as a QB in NCAA history hes been starting so long

For the Pats especially Penix would be a horrible fit. Nix would very likely be Mac Jones part 2

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2023 8:01AM

Tom Curran has said yesterday that Mac will be benched against the Giants.

"Mac Jones is going to almost certainly sit," Curran said.

"I think he'll probably be dropped down to third-string. You're gonna elevate Will Grier and you're gonna elevate the player that took the final snaps the other day...Bailey Zappe.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Andrew Callahan posted this on X yesterday:

"Whether Mac Jones loses the starting job or not, he’s already lost 1 thing: the locker room.

One team source said the locker room is 80-20 out on Mac. Another said the vast majority of players are done with him."

not looking good for Mac...

• Options

Hopefully Will Grier is getting some first unit reps leading up to that Giants game and we get to see him get a few starts before the season is done. He signed with NE on 9-22 and needed time to lear the playbook,hopefully he's caught up by now. We know what Zappe is by now and he's not the answer at QB.

• Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

Bo Nix is a wasted draft pick.

• Options

There are 5yr olds in NE that don't know what its like to win. 🤣
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyrYzGw0VXo

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    Andrew Callahan posted this on X yesterday:

"Whether Mac Jones loses the starting job or not, he’s already lost 1 thing: the locker room.

One team source said the locker room is 80-20 out on Mac. Another said the vast majority of players are done with him."

not looking good for Mac...

meh , its 2023 these sports journalists are useless . Callahan is a hack , and curran is a doofus that was in my 8th grade science class.

they are just reading tweets which we can all do now

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    meh , its 2023 these sports journalists are useless . Callahan is a hack , and curran is a doofus that was in my 8th grade science class.

they are just reading tweets which we can all do now

Indeed. There is no journalism - it's all opinions and to see how many likes they get in their social media posts.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:

True but if they dump Murray and draft a QB he’ll be on a rookie pay scale so it evens out, sort of

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@erikthredd said:
    There are 5yr olds in NE that don't know what its like to win. 🤣
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyrYzGw0VXo

Ok, this is starting to get serious here. Someone needs to let RKK know that we need to win another one, and quickly, for the children!!!!

• Options

@2dueces
    No it doesn’t even out. Go look at Murray’s dead money for 2024, if the Cards released him they’d have an 81M dead cap hit on their salary cap. If they release him during 2025 it drops to 33M then 20M in 2026.

He's in year one of a 5yr/230M contract extension and Arizona can't just dump him anytime soon with creating a major financial handcuff on their salary cap.
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/kyler-murray-29036

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

Murray is auditioning to keep his job right now. if he shows up and shows out the second half of the season, he'll remain a Cardinal and they'll build around him. if he doesn't, he'll be playing for someone else. simple as that.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    Murray is auditioning to keep his job right now. if he shows up and shows out the second half of the season, he'll remain a Cardinal and they'll build around him. if he doesn't, he'll be playing for someone else. simple as that.

I know that there has been a lot of talk about the Patriots draft position, and the idea of Belichick leaving. If Belichick stayed on, or even with him gone, there is still the possibility of the Patriots using their high pick to accumulate more picks and acquire some tackles and skill position guys. In that scenario they would have to pick up a QB. I'm not saying it would be Murray, just saying that we could see some reshuffling of Qbs over the next year. Teams are no longer glued to QBs as they once were, and they have seen the benefit other teams have had by taking some chances.

• Options

I agree with galaxy that if Murray plays well he's probably not going anywhere but here's a report talking about how hard it will be to trade him if they go in another direction.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10096933-kyler-murrays-cardinals-contract-deemed-not-tradeable-by-nfl-execs-amid-rumors#:~:text="Moving that contract is problematic,extension that runs through 2028.

• Options

is there any chance we can trade BB for Murray? and have the Cardinals eat his salary? and have them take Mac? I am sure mac would be good at selling hot dogs or beer at the stadium.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    is there any chance we can trade BB for Murray? and have the Cardinals eat his salary? and have them take Mac? I am sure mac would be good at selling hot dogs or beer at the stadium.

Forcing Mac to stay attached to Bill like that should be considered human trafficking. Let the poor guy go anywhere but where Bill is coaching

• Options
    edited November 18, 2023 11:47AM

@perkdog said:

• Options

I just love that shirt BB was wearing

• Options
    edited November 20, 2023 8:15AM

@craig44 said:

The look fits him perfectly, I wonder if he is starting to realize "The Patriot way" was just a fabrication of the teams success behind Brady?

• Options

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

The look fits him perfectly, I wonder if he is starting to realize "The Patriot way" was just a fabrication of the teams success behind Brady?

I really am coming around to your way of thinking. I was always a players more important guy, but like 60/40.

I am starting to think you are right though as this thing plays out. I think it was a much higher percentage Brady than I originally thought.

I will say that I feel BB is the GOAT at breaking down film. His defensive game plan for the giants/bills super bowl is still in the HOF. he also schemed out the greatest show on turf for our first SB. BB is a junk GM.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

At least the Pats covered the spread.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:

@perkdog said:

At least the Pats covered the spread.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Applejacks said:

@perkdog said:

That’s the Steve Jobs school of dress. One less thing to worry about in the morning

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@Applejacks said:

@perkdog said:

That’s the Steve Jobs school of dress. One less thing to worry about in the morning

what a piece of work this Bill is. Pulls Jones just to embarrass him apparently , then dumps stone cold Zappe in to throw a pick. Then we are led to believe Will greir might start or dress now he is cut instead.
    The miracle with this lump of garbage is that he somehow didn't ruin Tom Brady the way he is destroying the QB room over the last few years.

Seriously what a piece of crap this guy is , he is the kind of person who get murdered by a family member on Christmas eve.
    Rumor has it Grier spoke to someone in the media . The dude probably didn't know that was punishable by the death penalty.
    I would love to see Bill treated by kreepy kraft the way he diddles players.

More I think , if we had Brady and someone other than Bill we would have won more superbowls.
    7 or 9 maybe :D
    what a loser this clown is , all this time thinking of himself as some genius . more roadblock than anything else

• Options

I’m sure you guys love Gronk here.
    There is another “Gronk” like playing at Georgia and is draft eligible this year. Some injuries though. 4.5 40 and blocks well.

• Options

perhaps kyle pitts should worry about his own career. he has been a bit of a bust

• Options

Callahan is reporting that it will be Mac today with a quick hook. If that is accurate, why make a statement and pull Mac at the end 2 weeks ago?? BB is not making sense to me.

• Options

We want Mac out there at QB today because we need to lose this potential tiebreaker game to the Giants. 😉👍

• Options

@craig44 said:
    Callahan is reporting that it will be Mac today with a quick hook. If that is accurate, why make a statement and pull Mac at the end 2 weeks ago?? BB is not making sense to me.

The way that Belichick has handled Mac is nonsensical. We all know that. If he was really trying to coach him up and get the most out of him, he wouldn't be doing what he is doing.

If a QB knows that he is in the doghouse and that he could get pulled at any moment, he cannot play with confidence. And this didn't just start last game.

How this whole thing will shake out is anyone's guess. For all we know, we will get a top pick this year, pick a QB, have him be a bust, and the franchise will spiral further down. Personally, I'll be fine, living off the riches of the double-dynasty. Who knows?

• Options

If & when someone decides to make a movie about Belichick, my vote goes to Joaquin Phoenix to play as BB. Phoenix has already played the role as an Emperor so he'd fit right in as the guy calling the shots in NE. 🤣

• Options

^^^^^^^
    This might work.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

The way that Belichick has handled Mac is nonsensical. We all know that. If he was really trying to coach him up and get the most out of him, he wouldn't be doing what he is doing.

If a QB knows that he is in the doghouse and that he could get pulled at any moment, he cannot play with confidence. And this didn't just start last game.

How this whole thing will shake out is anyone's guess. For all we know, we will get a top pick this year, pick a QB, have him be a bust, and the franchise will spiral further down. Personally, I'll be fine, living off the riches of the double-dynasty. Who knows? I couldnt agree more. Mac is cooked in this organization. Yes, if they pick another QB high in the draft, he could definitely be a bust. always a possibility. but we KNOW Mac is a bust. At least there would be a chance if they got someone new.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    We want Mac out there at QB today because we need to lose this potential tiebreaker game to the Giants. 😉👍

I’m very interested to hear if Perk, the board Giant hater is actually cheering for the G men today.

• Options

well, 2 picks for Mac, 1 pick for Zappe.

after having the greatest QB room of all time, we now have the worst, at least for this season.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

How this whole thing will shake out is anyone's guess. For all we know, we will get a top pick this year, pick a QB, have him be a bust, and the franchise will spiral further down. Personally, I'll be fine, living off the riches of the double-dynasty. Who knows?

There not be as many top QBs as originally thought., Maye and Ewers are considering going back to school, its not clear if Shedur will declare since Deion wants him to stay another year, Jordan Travis broke his leg and will be out a very long time, Jaxson Dart has already said hes coming back to Ole Miss. Theres still going to be depth to the draft but its looking like it will be critical to have a top pick for a QB when a month ago it looked like you might be able to get a top one even if you were drafting in the teens. If I had to guess I think Maye will enter the draft and Ewers will return to Texas with the chance of being first overall next year

• Options

@Applejacks said:

@erikthredd said:

I’m very interested to hear if Perk, the board Giant hater is actually cheering for the G men today.

Not sure about Perk but my brother-in-law and I were just cheering for a Pats missed FG!

• Options

Our New England Patriots are currently sitting at #2! 😉
    https://www.tankathon.com/nfl