Home Sports Talk
Options

The official 2022 NFL season thread

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2022 10:38AM

Damn, the Bills just turned it over again, this is a nightmare start for Buffalo.

• Options

It's now 17-3 Ravens lead.

• Options

Justin Tucker is money, it's now 20-3 Ravens lead. The Bills have dug themselves quite a hole.

• Options

Bills are in the red zone, need to get something here.

• Options

Touchdown Bills, giggity giggity!

• Options

Josh Allen is a killer with his legs, the Bills have come back on the Ravens and this game is now tied at 20-20.

• Options

I love the new Tostitos commercial with Josh Allen, bravo, bravo!

• Options
    edited October 2, 2022 12:51PM

The Ravens had a chance to kick an automatic field goal to take the lead with 3:38 to go, but John Harbaugh decided to go for it and Lamar Jackson threw a pick, this could come back to haunt the Ravens.

• Options

The Bills are driving down the field, 2:00 to go in the game.

• Options

The Bills are kicking a field goal for the win.

• Options

Bills win, 23-30!

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something is wrong with the Ravens, they've blown two sizable leads to the Dolphins and Bills, now they're at 2-2 when they could realistically be at 4-0.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Green Bay already knocked out our starter in Hoyer with a consussion and our 3rd string rookie QB just came close to losing his head too but luckily Rodgers just gifted us a Pick Six!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood said:
    Something is wrong with the Ravens, they've blown two sizable leads to the Dolphins and Bills, now they're at 2-2 when they could realistically be at 4-0.

Adjustments at half. Another Bills second half shutout

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Pats just caught a huge break from the refs. Zappe let the playclock run down to 0 (actually closer to 2 seconds past 0) then runs the play,ends up throwing his first NFL TD pass. Nance & Romo say its a non-reviewable call. Pats up 17-14.

• Options

Packers and Pats are tied at 24-24, great game.

• Options

Dobbs didn't maintain possession, Patriots are going to get a chance with just under 2:00 to go in the game.

• Options

Here we go...rookie QB, tie game,1:52 to go,ball at the NE one.

• Options

Patriots have to punt, it looks like this is going into overtime.

• Options

Overtime it is.

• Options

Great field position here. Lets end this already!

• Options
    edited October 4, 2022 10:02AM

Damn, the Packers are going to get it back.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Damn, the Packers are going to get it back.

😠😠😠

• Options

Packers are in field goal range, dang it!

• Options

Packers win 27-24, great effort by the Patriots, they gave the Packers hell.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rodgers is lucky he's playing just good enough with the less quality teams -

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

🤬

• Options

Oh, I see the Broncos lost to Las Vegas. Can you imagine trading for Russell Wilson and losing to the 0-3 Raiders?

• Options

Meanwhile in Carolina.

• Options

Halftime Chiefs Bucs. I still appreciate watching the GOAT. I feel like this is the last year. 🤷 So many (sports) memories tied up in Brady. I had someone bring something up to me in conversation that I hadn't thought about. We were talking about Brady and Belichick and their legacies. He said that if Brady won another SB in TB, the fact that he would have won two SBs at such a late age would somehow overshadow what he had done in NE and subsequently he would be remembered more as a Buc than a Patriot.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Halftime Chiefs Bucs. I still appreciate watching the GOAT. I feel like this is the last year. 🤷 So many (sports) memories tied up in Brady. I had someone bring something up to me in conversation that I hadn't thought about. We were talking about Brady and Belichick and their legacies. He said that if Brady won another SB in TB, the fact that he would have won two SBs at such a late age would somehow overshadow what he had done in NE and subsequently he would be remembered more as a Buc than a Patriot.

I feel like this is definitely going to be the last season for Brady, it just has that feeling to it. I watched a little bit of last night's Chiefs vs Bucs game and it was a joy to watch the GOAT in action, he wasn't going to go down without a fight.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady looks constantly annoyed on the sidelines and whenever he is talking to press ect..

Id agree that he is absolutely done after this season,

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Packers win 27-24, great effort by the Patriots, they gave the Packers hell.

The Packers should have rolled over Patriots, but they didn’t. Their fans can celebrate this win, but they way they did it does not look good when they come up against the elite teams in the league.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@perkdog
    Patriots showed a ton of grit Sunday. The run game and defense dominated the game and if not for Aaron Rodgers could’ve won.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

The Bills came back from 17 down after a mistake filled first half. They looked very average with fumbles and dropped passes.
    The Bills have allowed a total to 7 points in the second half this season.
    Jordan Poyer who’s name rarely comes up as the leagues best safety is a beast. Passes completed against 3. Interceptions 4

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    @perkdog
    Patriots showed a ton of grit Sunday. The run game and defense dominated the game and if not for Aaron Rodgers could’ve won.

I'm actually excited about Zappe. He played really well and in my opinion looked better overall than Mac Jones, but it's one game so I'm holding bavk.on the expectations.

The game was definitely fun to watch, it's too bad they lost

That Packers WR #87 looks great and will be Rodgers go too now

• Options

@2dueces said:
    The Bills came back from 17 down after a mistake filled first half. They looked very average with fumbles and dropped passes.
    Jordan Poyer who’s name rarely comes up as the leagues best safety is a beast. Passes completed against 3. Interceptions 4

Great W for your team, they are a monster second half team

• Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

Great W for your team, they are a monster second half team

The great teams make adjustments and don't
    give up. Bills look like a really tough out this year. Could be your year. It pains me to see my Pats in last place, but I'd love to see you get one @2dueces

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

I think it would be recency bias. when a little time gets between Tommy being retired and his playing days, I think he will certainly be looked at as a Patriot.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said: Adjustments at half. Another Bills second half shutout.

Well, yeah, I get that. I'm referring to the collapse of the defense against Miami and now Buffalo when they were ahead --- and --- the fact that Harbaugh may have once again cost his team a victory because of his goal line decisions. Remember last season when the Ravens lost two games because of his decisions at the goal?? That probably kept them out of the playoffs.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@thisistheshow said:

I think it would be recency bias. when a little time gets between Tommy being retired and his playing days, I think he will certainly be looked at as a Patriot.

Are you also assuming that this is his last year? He is in the last year of his deal. If this is the end, and there is no extension signed, that leaves the ball in his court as to whether or not he will do the one day contract with NE. I want to see that. But somehow I doubt it.

• Options

@Maywood said:
    @2dueces said: Adjustments at half. Another Bills second half shutout.

Well, yeah, I get that. I'm referring to the collapse of the defense against Miami and now Buffalo when they were ahead --- and --- the fact that Harbaugh may have once again cost his team a victory because of his goal line decisions. Remember last season when the Ravens lost two games because of his decisions at the goal?? That probably kept them out of the playoffs.

I wouldn’t call 23 points a collapse. Bills are going to score points. If I told you the Bills would only score 2 TD’s you’d take that anytime. The collapse was the offense. 44 yards passing and 2 pics just won’t get it done.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:
    @perkdog

I'm actually excited about Zappe. He played really well and in my opinion looked better overall than Mac Jones, but it's one game so I'm holding bavk.on the expectations.

The game was definitely fun to watch, it's too bad they lost

That Packers WR #87 looks great and will be Rodgers go too now

The run game opened up the play action. Game looks easy when you’re ripping off 7 yards a pop. Questions will arise when you have to pass despite the run game.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has this issue been addressed by DoubleD yet?

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope no one bet on the Broncos to reach 20 points tonite against the Colts. Their O looks awful. Russell Wilson? Oh the pain........................

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

i think our prison system should think long and hard about swapping out torture tactics like waterboarding and solitary confinement with forcing the most hardened criminals to watch colts/broncos on a loop

and speaking of God-awful spectacles, there was Russell Wilson trying to play quarterback. i think if Denver emailed Seattle and said "hey can we trade this guy back to you for a 100$ Starbucks gift card?", the Seahawks would insta-reply with "nah we're good."

dude's play was so wretched that it stopped just short of looking like he was trying to throw the game intentionally. i think they could have played 20 quarters and he wouldn't have made a single play in the red zone. that is, unless you consider completing a pass to the Colts to be making a play

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

But Galaxy,
    how could Dan Ovelosky be wrong? He said the Broncos would win the AFC west because
    they were the most complete team in the division.

Maybe the only team disappointing their fans more than the Broncos are the Oklahoma Sooners.
    From ranked 6th in the nation to losing 3 straight including today's debacle Texas 177, Oklahoma 0.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

I’m loving this!! Daboll Giants 27-20 with 5 minutes to go!!

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Meanwhile in London....