Saturday morning coffee with coins

Comments

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Saturday 8/20

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eldorado9 said:
    Happy Saturday Coin Guys! How about an espresso shot, and a proof Morgan in 67+ cam?

Yes, please! Awesome coin

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

Inspired70, that Morgan sure is a treat to my eyes! Love it!

Enjoyed my coffee this morning on the deck listening to the birds. No coins this morning…I let them sleep in today.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm feeling a Giveaway coming up...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eldorado9 said:
    All jacked up on espresso, as usual, and I just love this quarter I got out of a Heritage sale....Rare, and pretty!

Gorgeous Brother!

Simply Suuupperrrrlative!!!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having my morning coffee, and looking over my antique shop coin purchases from yesterday.

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pursuitofliberty said:
    One of my NEWP's from Chicago ... while sipping that deep dark Italian Roast with a spot of Half and Half

Back at ya! Gorgeous early CB, with some really cool attributes....I could lost with a 10x in that coin!

• Options
    Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eldorado9 said:
    All jacked up on espresso, as usual, and I just love this quarter I got out of a Heritage sale....Rare, and pretty!

Amazing! The coffee is drooling out of the corners of my mouth as I stare at her. Looks like a complete luster bomb!

• Options
    Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pursuitofliberty said:
    One of my NEWP's from Chicago ... while sipping that deep dark Italian Roast with a spot of Half and Half

What a great pick-up in Chicago @pursuitofliberty! Love the original look and the die crack at 7 o'clock and left field. She's a keeper!

• Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Inspired70 said:
    Late August on a golden sunshine Saturday. The colors of fall are coming quickly and this coin from my collection reminds me of the multitude of beautiful colors that autumn brings along with the fact that the hot coffee tastes even better! MS66+ CAC

Very nice colors!

• Options

@Inspired70 said:

@Eldorado9 said:

Amazing! The coffee is drooling out of the corners of my mouth as I stare at her. Looks like a complete luster bomb!

Ha! Glad you liked that one, and Thanks for endorsement. Sharing these coins is the fun part. Yeah, the luster leaves you speechless...It's that good.

• Options

@crazyhounddog said:
    With my coffee this morning I’m enjoying my 37 proof Buffalo nickel. I won this one in an auction a while back. It’s an outstanding piece and I enjoy looking at it.
    Have a great day my coin brothers and sisters😊

Your Buffs are always a treat! That one is simply outrageous!

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats awesome. Coin related and a Morgan to boot.
    Something new every day 😉🙀🦫

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Thats awesome. Coin related and a Morgan to boot.
    Something new every day 😉🙀🦫

Not trying to highjack the thread or anything, there's just a time for this and a time for that - And what a better thread - double expresso Sunday morning :*

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:

@Zoins said:
    One of my favorite newps!

I like that one a lot too. I remember it from when you first posted it in the new pickups thread. That toning is unforgettable. Haha

Here’s my 64 that came in last week.

Thanks for the nice comments! I really love the look and it took me like 30 seconds of consideration before buying it!

Yours looks nice too! The reverses look similar!

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins thank you! The obverse is what sold me on this one. I like the fade from dark to amber.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2022 1:29PM

1803 Potosi 8 Reale.
    Holed, and well worn. Local dealer sold it to me for melt.
    I'd have paid triple that. There's just something about circulated colonial silver. The Spanish, and Mexico by extension, understood what silver should look and feel like in your hand.
    She's been soaking in acetone since late Friday afternoon to wash away some PVC residue. Got her out just a moment ago.
    Starbucks grande nitro with oat milk sits just out of frame.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

And just for the occasion . . . .

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭

I always keep my coffee mug next to my coffee put in the kitchen so I don't spill it on anything. Because unlike Liquid Clorox 2, spilling it and splattering it on the wrong things DOES matter!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SqquI8i6bc

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

During aviations's heyday in the 1920's and 1930's, Cleveland was a major industrial center, and the National Air Races were an opportunity for aircraft builders and pilots to show off the latest models. The races were held annually for many years in late August-early September.

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options

Coffee's brewing and I'm queuing up a little copper...

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cocoinut said:
    During aviations's heyday in the 1920's and 1930's, Cleveland was a major industrial center, and the National Air Races were an opportunity for aircraft builders and pilots to show off the latest models. The races were held annually for many years in late August-early September.

Aviation in the 1920's and 1930's?

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    edited September 3, 2022 8:26AM

Second Cup...

• Options

@Eldorado9 said:
    My favorite Saturday thread! Loaded up on espresso as usual, and how about two of my favorite psychedelic Barber's. These will get you off to a good start.

>
    I’m not sure if this is a recognized variety, but it is a doubled die reverse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file