Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Saturday morning coffee with coins

DCWDCW Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's Saturday. I've got my daughter off to ballet, coffee in hand as I sit in the parking lot relaxing with thoughts on the hobby.
Post a coin, token, or medal and share something interesting...
F.R.Behr. Detroit, MI. PCGS AU53

This is one of my favorite tokens of all time. F.R. Behr operated a saloon/bowling alley during the Civil War and issued these 19mm copper tokens that were good for a glass of beer. An obvious play on his last name, the token has a dancing bear with beer spilling from his mug on the obverse, and a bowling ball with a pin resting on it on the reverse.
One of the coolest designs on any Civil War token, hands down!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
"Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Comments

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful! Dang now I miss mine.....shoulda never sold it.
    One of the best tokens when it mention coppers

@SimpleCollector said:
    Saturday coffee with coins didn’t happen.

Saturday evening New England ipa’s with coins and tokens did.

My recent pic of this token came out looking pretty good.

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Such a beautiful example!!!

@crazyhounddog said:
    Last I checked it’s the highest graded for the date. I love the color on this one and has resided in my collection for many years.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... It is Sunday now, I have no bear coins or CWT's....I do not drink coffee and I am getting ready to go to work... So.... Have a great day everyone :);) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog

I LOVE that coin. Perfect for type. Wish it was in my collection.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sunday now. Time for tea.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jayPem said:
    In Honor of all the weird Wheaties we've been privileged to contemplate here on the forum this week (and every week)...🤯

Wow, spicy!

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tokenpro said:
    This pup came home to me this week on the right date, just the wrong denomination:

Love it!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file