Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Saturday morning coffee with coins

Comments

• Options
    Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love all the bust dimes! I am impressed! Happy belated birthday @pursuitofliberty

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2022 5:36PM

Last night I got a head start on Saturday morning coffee with coins.

The wife was out of town for a girls trip to Monterey/Carmel. My son was on campus for an evening course for his Master's degree program.

I got home at about 4:50 p.m. I had the house to myself for about 3.5 hours. I pulled out the collection and reorganized my slabbed coins in PCGS boxes. I also organized some raw coins to submit to PCGS in a bulk submission on a quarterly special.

After coin playtime was over I turned on the TV and found that the GS Warriors were playing the Miami Heat at Chase Center in SF. The score was 103-100 in favor of the Warriors with about 6 minutes left in the game. Next thing you know Steph Curry and his teammates go off on a run. Final score 123-110 Warriors over the Heat. Curry scored 33 points in this game.

Had no coffee last night. Do not like the taste of it. Ice water, ice tea, a cold beer or a glass of wine are my preferred beverages when viewing round pieces of shiny metal.

Like this one.

:)

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gallon of coffee and back at the inventory. I had no idea how many coins, raw and slabbed I have bought in the last 5 years.
    Getting some ideas for boxes of 20. One with a variety of all 70 grades. Another for W pennies and nickels and such.
    Old school entry in a physical ledger with a pencil is really laborious 🤨 working on page 11🙀

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Yippee 🥳.
    I’m over half way finished with the inventory 😁
    Cup of Kona and checking on my beaver collection. Pretty good over 20 examples and now the next level. Beavers get more expensive as I learn of new coins. Still wondering if there’s any currency with beavers ?
    Everyone enjoy their weekend. We are having snow and then a little more and guess what? Another storm coming in today. The ski resorts are happy 😁
    Here’s one of my favorites for today 🦫

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good day, forum fellows!

Having a great cup today while dropping the kiddo off to ballet.
    I will share a sweet Civil War token from Seneca Falls, NY that was counterstamped with the punch from "H.Franz." Apparently, he took over this business from D. Skidmore and had some leftover tokens in which to leave his mark. Good for One cigar in the parlor.

This is a great design in the CWT series and seldom becomes available. I picked mine up when Q. David Bowers was selling off his grand collection that he put together over a 60 year period.
    Here is the normal copper version, also from QDB:

Have a great day, guys

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@Eldorado9 said:
    Happy Sat Guys!

I just spilled my coffee looking at these....

• Options

@pcgscacgold said:
    Sitting at a coffee shop. Just had a pumpkin cranberry muffin and checking out this thread for the first time. Here is one you may have seen. Came in on Wednesday.

The second was my first ever chance to hold a Draped Bust $5. It is interesting how the dates look the same with the date over strike.

The third is the first ever Capped Bust $5 I have ever held.

I love Draped Bust $5's! You have some great coins! Doing the full set?

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Inspired70 , I wish. The 1700's have moved past me. I do want to find a nice "Fat Head" or two and another nice Capped. The most I could pull off would be an 1800+ set.

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2022 4:24PM

"Saturday Night BBQ with Coins" needs its own creative thread !!!

Make it happen next week & I will play, but not today as we are consuming our favorite go to crock pot Sam's Club Rotisserie Chicken added into our favorite Chicken Chili tonight...

@ZoidMeister said:
    Saturday evening BBQ with coins . . . .

Z

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea! Will do!

Z

@LindyS said:
    "Saturday Night BBQ with Coins" needs its own creative thread !!!

Make it happen next week & I will play, but not today as we are consuming our favorite go to crock pot Sam's Club Rotisserie Chicken added into our favorite Chicken Chili tonight...

@ZoidMeister said:
    Saturday evening BBQ with coins . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

@pcgscacgold said:
    @Inspired70 , I wish. The 1700's have moved past me. I do want to find a nice "Fat Head" or two and another nice Capped. The most I could pull off would be an 1800+ set.

You are off to a great continue for the full collection. I am jeaulous!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cladiator said:
    Had a good Saturday morning with coffee and coins. Had to get out a couple of fun S mint coins to keep me company for the S mint article.

Awesome! Lovely coins, too. 👍

• Options
    johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:
    Hang 'em High

Here is the TV, to get this look, you have to shoot it raw and avoid slab glare.

Want to sell?

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2022 12:20AM

Poured out some bitter coffee yesterday morning after examining this new purchase, a lowball 55/54. It's not bad looking from a distance or in the seller's photos (below), and it's definitely an overdate. However, it's difficult to see it with all the surface pitting it has, even though it's a middle die state.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

Sincere thanks for all the great coins, memes and coffee. No photos for me; my camera fell in the lake in a canoe accident. Here is my 2022 Klatch roasting orders, lots of 5lb bags.

September 01, 2022 Paid Fulfilled $227.40
    May 26, 2022 Paid Fulfilled $235.40
    February 19, 2022 Paid Fulfilled $151.60

Today its Costa Rica Finca Garcilaso H15 Anaerobic Natural. Recent favorite was Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Worka Anaerobic Natural Gr1. I favor a fruity, berry coffee but sometimes a traditional Italian roast can not be beat.

• Options

@hardbitten said:
    Sincere thanks for all the great coins, memes and coffee. No photos for me; my camera fell in the lake in a canoe accident. Here is my 2022 Klatch roasting orders, lots of 5lb bags.

September 01, 2022 Paid Fulfilled $227.40
    May 26, 2022 Paid Fulfilled $235.40
    February 19, 2022 Paid Fulfilled $151.60

Today its Costa Rica Finca Garcilaso H15 Anaerobic Natural. Recent favorite was Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Worka Anaerobic Natural Gr1. I favor a fruity, berry coffee but sometimes a traditional Italian roast can not be beat.

I just gotta ask. Can we see your brewing setup and your cup? Sorry about your camera. Take a few pictures with your phone, many of us use nothing but 😁 and get good enough pics to post.

• Options

Inventory wrapping up😁
    Working on the Roosie album and here’s a few nice, reasonably priced new purchases. Both sources have been very good so far.
    Big ole Yeti of fresh ground “ Kona blend “ as it’s gunna be a long day. 😎

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coffee and Currency this morning? A much different 50c than my usual ...

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options

@Pickwickjr said:
    No coffee but some red wine! Cheers

That early gold is absolutely awesome!!

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:
    I don't generally collect proof coinage but this coin was a must have. This morning, I'm enjoying looking at its surfaces, reflectivity, and color!

PCGS MS65 Gold CAC

Accurate pics by @robec

Stunning Walker by all accounts! a 37, w a gold CAC too! WOW!

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pickwickjr said:

I like to keep my Gold coins in a PCGS gold colored box too LOL.

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would also drink wine for breakfast if I had gold like that. Very nice.

@Pickwickjr said:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file