Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Saturday morning coffee with coins

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

No coins (or coffeee) for me this morning.

However, I look at this fantastic thread every Saturday to see what other forum members are playing with while they imbibe some java.

Life does have some simple pleasures. This thread is one of them.

• Options
    Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnnyCache said:

@Inspired70 said:

@JohnnyCache said:
    Morning Coffee and green beans

That 1829 looks like it should have a green bean also from what I can see in the picture.....at least from the obverse.

It does...

Sorry @JonnyCache I missed the bean. It's lower on the holder than use to seeing it. Makes sense that it is as that 29' is sweet!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great additions this week. 👍

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

A bit late, but coins and football ruined another Saturday for me. A nicely toned, great looking Grant in a seller's photo delivered Saturday turned out to be harshly cleaned and yet another return I have to make. A coin I was really excited about turned out to be damaged crap.

I may neg this dude just because I'm fed up with sellers who post misleading pictures. This guy made a special effort to hide the cleaning. If I don't neg these guys, how are they ever going to stop their misleading sales tactics. I hate it! EBay sucks these days: very few auctions, high prices, dishonest dealers, improper taxes charged (=dishonest company), useless dealer ratings, bad photos.

The football team lost their 8th game in a row as well. The only team they've beaten this year is Nebraska, and everybody beats Nebraska these days.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Barberian.
    Sorry to hear about your double kick to the knutsons.🤕
    Ole eBay. Got to love em and boy oh boy can they be a pain 😖
    Hopefully it works out, sounds like your on the return. It sad because they aren’t a fake, their just a tad on the deceptive side. Experienced collector like yourself, you catch it. A newbie maybe not so much, which can kinda damage a potential new collector and that is sad.
    Lately I’ve been lucky with eBay but I’m not spending much money. Still $25-$50 is not chump change either.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    semikeycollectorsemikeycollector Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pickwickjr said:
    No coffee but some red wine! Cheers

Some beautiful coins Dan! Did you send in more to get gold CAC'ed?

• Options
    semikeycollectorsemikeycollector Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pickwickjr said:

@semikeycollector said:

@Pickwickjr said:
    No coffee but some red wine! Cheers

Some beautiful coins Dan! Did you send in more to get gold CAC'ed?

Hi Ken
    Thanks seems like we both got the gold bug. I did a walkthrough at cac a few months ago. I had one coin I wanted JA to reconsider for a gold bean. Here she is.
    I’ll give you a call , it’s been a while.

Also had a seated dollar looked at another time which also went from green to gold. I know the previous owner would’ve charged a lot more if it was gold at the time. 😎

Dan,

What a beautiful Charlotte 2 1/2 piece! EF-40, it aint!

• Options

Saturday morning.

There is no better way to start it off than making a breakfast for me and my wife, plus checking out this thread to see what great coins (and Pan American Exposition medal) are being played with today.

Eldorado9 routinely provides some gorgeous eye candy for forum consumption. Kudos and props to him.

I have no new coin photos to post this morning. However yesterday I learned that an 8 coin Voucher submission I dropped of at Long Beach on 9-29-2022 has progressed to "Encapsulation". The submission includes:

1 1 In Process In Process 1926-S $1 In Process USA (MS Peace dollar from a Blanchard holder that has
    great eye appeal, booming luster and multi colored rim
    toning on both sides)

2 1 In Process In Process 1950 50C In Process USA (brilliant, untoned, likely gem Proof Franklin)

3 1 In Process In Process 1921 50C In Process USA (MS Pilgrim Commemorative half)

4 1 In Process In Process 1940 50C In Process USA (MS lightly toned Walker)

5 1 In Process In Process 1956 50C In Process USA (Gem+ Proof Type 2, likely CAM Franklin)

6 1 In Process In Process 1956 25C In Process USA (Gem+ Proof, likely CAM Washington)

7 1 In Process In Process 1956 5C In Process USA (Gem+ Proof, likely CAM Jefferson)

8 1 In Process In Process 1951 10C In Process USA (Gem+ Proof, likely CAM Roosevelt)

If I am lucky Lines 5-8 will grade out to be upgrades to my current best examples of these coins in my 1951 and 1956 Proof Registry Sets.

I expect that grades and Trueview photos of these eight coins will post/pop by next Saturday and that I will receive the coins by the first week of December. When Trueview photos pop I will post them to this thread.

• Options

@crazyhounddog said:
    I’m hanging out with these two with my late morning coffee.

Nice combination! I need a $5 chief someday to accompany my $5 Indian gold…

• Options
    Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to the basement pantry & found We are out of coffee today.
    Remedied during Black Friday Chaos, now fully restocked for our French press coffee needs, Tomorrow.

Was so close to having no Saturday Morning coffee.

• Options

@LindyS said:
    Went to the basement pantry & found We are out of coffee today.
    Remedied during Black Friday Chaos, now fully restocked for our French press coffee needs, Tomorrow.

Was so close to having no Saturday Morning coffee.

Thanks
    a dang emergency for sure.
    I just went and checked and am low! Glad you posted. I’ll dig into the “end of times” beans 😂 Always try to have a stash of the important things 😀
    See you in the morning 👍🏼

• Options

It is Friday night, but who cares.

Playing with some of my collection tonight, specifically 1939 to 1970 Proof and SMS half dollars.

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2022 8:44AM

@pursuitofliberty Oh Buddy, That 1810 is just perfection...love the look...Beautiful! Amazing to consider that in 1810 James Madison was the 4th pres. of the US. Sooooooo long ago.

• Options

Late November Saturday morning frost.

• Options
    edited November 26, 2022 2:59PM

Going through a couple safes to check on condition as these sit 3 months. Check and rotate stacking of 4 different little safes and make sure everything is good within 😀
    Kauai coffee and some cool stuff I forget I own 🦫

• Options

@Bigtree said:
    Enjoying reading about the old SF Mints while admiring two new purchases. The eagle comes from a year with some of the most enigmatic coins in SF history (half dime, quarter, dollar, $3) and the double eagle comes from the infamous earthquake year.

Very cool! 👍

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file