Home U.S. Coin Forum

Saturday morning coffee with coins

Comments

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bigtree said:
    Hoping to bring this freshly gold beaned 70-S Eagle to the Concord (CA) show today to show off to a few fellow coin nerds, though family obligations may intervene.

Lovely DOG! <3 Grace us with the an image of the reverse too!!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

No coins for me this morning and no coffee (tea instead).

However, yesterday afternoon I learned that PCGS mailed a 45 coin submission back to me by priority mail (the tracking # was given also).

About 11 p.m. last night the online order information changed and stated the priority mail package has been delivered (and the tracking # disappeared).

From PCGS in Santa Ana to Anaheim, to San Francisco, to my local post office, to my mail box in about 10 hours????????

Talk about fast.

This morning I checked my mail box. The package of 45 coins has not yet been delivered.

Hopefully this will not turn into a fiasco. :o

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just love this topic look forward to it every Saturday. I always have my coffee but I only buy 3-4 coins per year and non USA coins is what I collect.

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:

No Spitfires? There may not have been a Queen Elizabeth without them.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • JWPJWP Posts: 21,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2023 2:01PM

@Barberian said:

@JWP said:

No Spitfires? There may not have been a Queen Elizabeth without them.

This set was for the bombers. I have another set that includes the fighters. That also is Queen Elizabeth on the obverse.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2023 8:19PM

Coffee and prayers. My new grandson was born almost 10 days ago and is inChildrens Hospital recovering from heart surgery. I’m doing what I can to help hold my daughter and her husband together.

Little guy was born with two arteries that needed to be switched as they were reversed and not sending oxygenated blood to the lungs. I think I’m ok. Thanks 🙏 

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder said:
    Just returned from my LCS. Not much available today. Picked up some US 90% for 21 X face. I couldn't resist buying the 1874 Canadian quarter for 18 X face. Time to kick back and enjoy a Saturday coffee! :)

ugh. i'm such a numnutz. i saw the receipt and that mug and thought you paid a tab with those coins for a few seconds!! :'(

i'm the same way. i have to buy mexican/canadian coins from time to time or i start to get itchy for some reason. ESPECIALLY 20th century stuff.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

edited January 22, 2023 7:14AM

Thanks.
    I’m sorry that my phone and its operator posted all caps. Hectic times. I realized I wasn’t posting much so wanted to share. 👶

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sending prayers

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • JWPJWP Posts: 21,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Greetings formites 😁👶
    WOW have I been up down and all around. My 2 nd grandson was born 3- weeks ago and required open heart surgery. At 5 days old they successfully completed an artery swap on a heart the size of a walnut. Friggin amazing.
    First meet Vinnie 👶

Hi Vinnie! Great to e-meet you! Welcome to the world! Have fun and stay a while :)

What does "2$50" mean in this note?

edited January 29, 2023 10:41AM

@ ZoinsPosts
    Dos escudos (2). Cincoenta centavos (50). 2.50. 😁
    Think the fractionals of the peso. Centavos 1-5-10-20 or 25 and 50.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file