Home U.S. Coin Forum

Saturday morning coffee with coins

Comments

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

@divecchia said:
    Copper on a rainy day sounds good to me too.

Donato

Excellent!!!

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Saturday.

Coffee is rarer in my house than this . . .

My recently arrived newp . . . . .

Reverse rotated as seen.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked this up yesterday.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was a fun cup until the final crack in her base. She’s going to the “can of no return “ today.
    Also this arrived and it’s magnificent. Way PL in hand. Almost hard to believe it’s an uncirculated Denver.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Flatwoods said:
    Nice pics this morning. I was imaging some medals when the doorbell rang.
    It was a US coin!

I’d be more impressed if you got a shot of it ringing the doorbell :p
    Nice double dime!

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss said:
    And some interesting early sterling silver souvenir spoons I recently picked up from another local shop.
    Souvenir spoons entered the American conscious in 1889 for the centennial of Washington's inauguration. All the World Fairs, travel and leisure, and disposable income created a perfect storm and they became a craze. The earliest ones are hand-engraved. Later examples are die-stamped in silver--very much like coins.

Imagine the amount of effort that went into carving these tiny scenes on concave bowls while the buyer stood behind you, watching:

I love the frogs! :DB):p

• Inspired70Inspired70 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eldorado9 said:
    Coffee and NEWPS. Loving the new SLQ. All 67's!

Such awesome coins! Eldorado9 has such a good eye and taste! I'm impressed!

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the color on that Quarter, Coinscratch!

Enjoyed a cup of fresh ground butter pecan coffee as I made breakfast for my better half this morning.
    I have a couple of Morgans coming in today for my date set. In the mean time, gonna be in the back yard blowing leaves. 😎

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now those are very attractive. I’m just horrible about toning and usually prefer AT.
    In this case they are real nice 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BustDMs said:

Happy Birthday a day late. It was nice of you to post a birthyear coin for us to see.

This is what I was doing yesterday morning. I went to a client's house to view his Bust Dime collection that I have helped him assemble.

That's a heck of a spread ... hopefully you got a cup of coffee in there too! ;)

Thanks for the Birthday wish. Was a great day!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file