Home U.S. Coin Forum

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:
    I just received my Morgan O. Before I opened the box, I can hear the capsules are not closed. One coin is fine, the other capsule is open. The paper is ripped from the side, you can tell how hard they threw the box. The capsule is extremely loose, I can open and close it easily.

Are they that easy to open? I wonder if we can polish out the ones with scratches...maybe we can still get 70 :smiley:

I have not seen capsule this loose. I do not know why.

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Peace dollars are soo dang nice I'm gonna have a hard time selling any of them. :)

I hope the Morgan's look as nice in hand and without a bunch of problems. ;)

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my P morgans and Peace in today. The peace look nice, but all 3 morgans were spotted. UGH!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

They also seem to be using a less tight capsule that will just fall apart. Some coins have this less tight capsule and others have the typical mint capsule that is very tight. Maybe a part of the spotting issue as it's less air tight.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    They also seem to be using a less tight capsule that will just fall apart. Some coins have this less tight capsule and others have the typical mint capsule that is very tight. Maybe a part of the spotting issue as it's less air tight.

Shouldn't matter on that timescale. These aren't years old.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

My one Peace dollar will arrive on Tuesday.
    Will let you know how I make out.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was shut out of the Peace but I got my Morgans today and I must say I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. To me it's like a feeling of you can't recreate the magic. Kind of like seeing one of your favorite bands live but with only one original member left and he was never one of the key players. Meh.

Many happy BST transactions
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

All three of my Morgans were untethered from their 'velvet' display holders upon first look. No damage at all thank God. The 2021-W ASE's needed a mini crowbar to release them. :)

• Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:
    I was shut out of the Peace but I got my Morgans today and I must say I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. To me it's like a feeling of you can't recreate the magic. Kind of like seeing one of your favorite bands live but with only one original member left and he was never one of the key players. Meh.

I LOVE that analogy - I don’t want to be negative... but I saw Kiss live in 1977 and saw them again in 2007 - this is exactly how I felt when I got the Morgan’s ... cheezhed you are spot on my friend...!!

• Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got my S mint Morgan’s / unlike the O and CC these seem flawless...
    did SF manage to get the best quality over Denver and Philly?

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

@MetroD said:
    If you opt for it (and pay the extra $3.95), the Mint will send it signature required.

Correction, should send it signature required. I recently had an order that I accidentally chose next day w/ sig instead of just next day. The order was shipped without signature required. I called the Mint and was told there's nothing they could do. The extra $3.95 wasn't worth the additional frustration to escalate. I'm just more careful now when choosing shipping methods. No guarantees with the Mint nowadays.

I stand corrected. :)

The Mint should ship according to your 'S&H' election. However, as you reported, this does not always happen.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edgar said:
    Because you asked!
    I can walk mine to the Whitman Baltimore Winter Expo, November 18 – 20 for in-person submission (after I inspect them) :neutral:

Thanks for taking the time to post this information. :)

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post office STILL waiting to receive my D and S order. My Peace and P order comes in Monday.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

I got mail today.

I'm sending some mail tomorrow.

Thanks for asking.

• OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

Can these fall any faster in price. The CC was selling for $300 a couple of days ago pretty regular. I just saw one listed for $149 plus shipping on the bay. Flippers just can't seem to get out fast enough.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2021 7:16PM

I'm hoping that this will royally burn the get rick quick sneaker flippers and get them out of our hair once and for all!

I just looked some more and can't believe how low people are listing at. A lot of people must have received today. I have never seen the price a new product fall so fast before.

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Yes one could foresee the melee on BST for selling these. Mint-Mania Newbies come and often quickly go.

More than 80% of the 1st page, of the BST page for these coins, is members who have been around here for years!
    It appears that It's not just the Newbies who are having Mint-Mania...The vets here have it too!

...or the Vets are just trying to offload their < 70 coins in the middle of a Mania!

BST references available on request

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@MilesWaits said:
    Yes one could foresee the melee on BST for selling these. Mint-Mania Newbies come and often quickly go.

More than 80% of the 1st page, of the BST page for these coins, is members who have been around here for years!
    It appears that It's not just the Newbies who are having Mint-Mania...The vets here have it too!

...or the Vets are just trying to offload their < 70 coins in the middle of a Mania!

What’s their post count?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@MsMorrisine said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@MilesWaits said:

What’s their post count?

This was not a scientific survey - just a quick glance.
    The results I mentioned are what they are - I did not draw out post count but instead focused on age - many were well over 5, 10, 15 years on here. Some were low posts but around here for years and some were high posters like yourself.

Again, not scientific but just an casual observation of the BST board. I saw the comment earlier this morning but did not have time to respond but I did recall that I seemed to recall plenty of vets vs. newbies. I re-validated that thought by just looking again at the BST. Yes, there are a couple examples of new accounts posting but again, 80+% are from those who've been here for a year or more...again, up to 15+ years!

We have and had long term posters who are only around for the hot issues

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@RichR said:
    I'm hoping that this will royally burn the get rick quick sneaker flippers and get them out of our hair once and for all!

Yeah, they are only getting $150 for their $85 purchase. That'll teach them.

Let me know when they get to $35... then they can just return them to the Mint.

@HoneyMarket said:

@MilesWaits said:

Mania? Where do you see a mania?

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

And I am still waiting for my status to change from Processing to Shipped! After seeing all the posts I will be opening these up for inspection to ensure I got what I ordered and to see if they are in decent condition. Not sure I want to pay the expense of grading for these.

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Years ago I received someone else’s order… they received mine.

The shipping labels were switched.

It was just the right thing to do to fix it.

Keeping mistakes in mind, buying and selling sealed boxes has a risk that’s more than 0.00

It would be only right if the mint sent you a prepaid label. Although I didn’t get one for my issue, I needed to ask. They were first spouse coins. It wasn’t cheap.

It can't be someone else's order with an HHL of 3

Sure it can the current order (the one that is +1) got one that should have gone in the previous or next order so one of those orders is short.

@smuglr said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Years ago I received someone else’s order… they received mine.

The shipping labels were switched.

It was just the right thing to do to fix it.

Keeping mistakes in mind, buying and selling sealed boxes has a risk that’s more than 0.00

It would be only right if the mint sent you a prepaid label. Although I didn’t get one for my issue, I needed to ask. They were first spouse coins. It wasn’t cheap.

It can't be someone else's order with an HHL of 3

Sure it can the current order (the one that is +1) got one that should have gone in the previous or next order so one of those orders is short.

That is an error in your order. It is not a case of you getting someone else's order. The OP referred to shipping labels being switched. I simply pointed out that can't be what happened here.

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Flippers when the prices won't stop falling....

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

My Morgan O's capsule is very loose, I have never seen capsule this loose.

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@MilesWaits said:

Mania? Where do you see a mania?

I'm just quoting someone else's use of the term...

@MilesWaits said:

Mint-Mania is one thing.

Mania is another. Prices aren’t going up

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand the BST asking prices on this forum. Compare:

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hum oh well next.

Hoard the keys.

don’t judge the price drops for 6 by looking at just the CC

What could make matters worse for these would be for the mint to come out tomorrow morning and sell another 50,000 of each.

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's my two cents.

I think the rife speculation that more of the Morgan series along with the Peace may be coming and would be an overkill like the 2021 ASE's (type I and II) as well as the shoddy quality of current batch is sort of causing the market jitters and as more of the coins may not be making the 70 cut are dumped, the panic sets in hard and fast with the flippers trying to get rid of it for whatever they can get so as to pay their credit cards.

@vulcanize said:
    Here's my two cents.

I think the rife speculation that more of the Morgan series along with the Peace may be coming and would be an overkill like the 2021 ASE's (type I and II) as well as the shoddy quality of current batch is sort of causing the market jitters and as more of the coins may not be making the 70 cut are dumped, the panic sets in hard and fast with the flippers trying to get rid of it for whatever they can get so as to pay their credit cards.

You don't need to say anything except U.S. MINT coin. They all drop. The exception here is that they are selling for OVER issue price.

People are talking like these dropped to silver value. If anything, the prices are incredibly high on these.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

The presale prices of graded 70's are still $300+ range, but with the quality issues only about half of what the Mint sent out might be 70's.
    A lot of 68-69's being dumped pre and post grading. That is pretty normal and I can see raw prices dropping below $100 as a result over the next couple weeks.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got to pay the credit card bills. JM is right on the money. When’s the last time you heard about 50-100 percent profit being the end of the world. Cry when they go to under 100.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• seduloussedulous Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is a "P" privy mark? inaccurate description. Supposedly these are not supposed to have a mintmark or privy mark at all.

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't tell you how many times I've viewed this page this year. Now everything has shipped and everything is in-hand. A miracle. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file