Home U.S. Coin Forum

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got another email during the night and they are now splitting my last order and they have shipped the Morgan 2021 Silver Dollar
    PHILADELPHIA (P) BUT none of the three Peace dollars with that order shipped. Sure hope they do not charge for another shipping when they do the peace and also hope they still have some left.....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1tommy said:
    Got another email during the night and they are now splitting my last order and they have shipped the Morgan 2021 Silver Dollar
    PHILADELPHIA (P) BUT none of the three Peace dollars with that order shipped. Sure hope they do not charge for another shipping when they do the peace and also hope they still have some left.....

They did the same with my order and have it being shipped by UPS as well as USPS with one set coming from Texas and the other from Tenn.

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edgar said:
    Why have they not hung the "sold out" sign on any of them yet?

Many will get returned.
    So, as far as the mint is concerned, it ain't over till the fat lady sings and every last one of them is out the door for good. :p

• ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭

@1tommy said:

Funny - they did just the opposite on my order.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

My peace dollar is in Coppell Texas. Looks like these are doing a road trip That’s 3-4 different warehouses 🙃

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

1921 Morgan is a little different than pre 21. Liberty’s hair is different and eagles breast is different. These coins use pre 21 obverse and 1921 eagles breast.

• Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@Kdennison said:
    I got my O privy mark and my CC privy mark and I am beyond thrilled with them and the quality. I am not trying to rub this into anyone's face (check out what the Mint sent me with the Reverse Proof T1/T2 set). Here are pics. I am so glad that I was persistent and just hung in there. I feel so bad for those of you who got shut each time; I hope that mintages go up for a '22 issue if they do it.

I think most are hoping this is a one off thing and they don’t make them every year. It makes them more special.

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

I too am having weird delivery issues with my Peace and Philly Morgan coin shipment??

I only have one USPS tracking number from the Mint I just believed that this would be for both coins, ordered together at the same time, put in one box as has happened with other multiple coin orders.

When I received my daily USPS Informed Delivery email today, there was a second tracking number from the US Mint listed.

I never knew anything about the second tracking number so I looked it up and sure enough it’s another package coming from the Mint in Texas.

The Mint website still only shows one tracking number for this one order of two different coins

BST references available on request

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quick Question...do the UPS shipments REQUIRE a signature. I need to go to a quick appointment today and I have a box due to arrive at some point.

Earlier this week, a USPS box was left at my door without any signature.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Quick Question...do the UPS shipments REQUIRE a signature. I need to go to a quick appointment today and I have a box due to arrive at some point.

No. They just leave it on the front door if you chose budget shipping.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• So far the ones Ive received so far look good to the naked eye....cant believe some of the coins Ive seen on here with defects...not good.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

@younique said:
    Finding this a bit unusual that every coin graded 70 unless minimum grade requested was 70, and not familiar with "advanced release" PCGS graded coins as these all are. Learning something new every day. So "early release" = NGC & "advanced release" = PCGS. Hmmm.....Guess now there is "First Strike" & "Advanced Release." Giving me pause as to whether or not to pay for "First Strike," or grade at all.

Can't speak to NGC, as I do not use them.

At PCGS:
    ~ "Advance Release" are ABPP coins (i.e., select dealers get access BEFORE everyone else);
    ~ "First Strike" applies to coins shipped within the ~30 day cutoff window post release. Reference

• Did the mint take us Back to the past when MS-65 was a gem ?

Viet Nam Vet 66/67.
    Retired Coin Shop Owner .
    Still Collecting
    Love my Grandkids and my German Shepherd Dogs . Kind of like my wifes Cat.
  • MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2021 5:42PM

@RichR said:

Unless something has changed, I believe that YOU determine whether a signature is required at delivery.

Here is an image of the "S&H" drop-down menu from the Mint's checkout page.

If you opt for it (and pay the extra $3.95), the Mint should send it signature required.

Edited:
    Changed from "the Mint will send it signature required" to "the Mint should send it signature required".

Good...because in this case, I'D PREFER IF THEY JUST LEAVE IT AT THE DOOR!!!

I hate when I need to arrange for alternate deliveries...or worse, to actually go to the UPS hub to get it!

• Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you return them they will be melted - I couldn’t believe that when I heard it but it is apparently true

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2021 8:14AM

Yes one could foresee the melee on BST for selling these. Mint-Mania Newbies come and often quickly go. Pinch away way, Jim!
    I appreciate the time that collectors are taking to post their photos whether they are ideal or less than ideal specimens. It excites me for a series that up until now I had no interest in. For others, of course! Mine will stay sealed for the time being As I can get my satiation here on the forum.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Yes one could foresee the melee on BST for selling these. Mint-Mania Newbies come and often quickly go. Pinch away way, Jim!
    I appreciate the time that collectors are taking to post their photos whether they are ideal or less than ideal specimens. It excites me for a series that up until now I had no interest in. For others, of course! Mine will stay sealed for the time being As I can get my satiation here on the forum.

I bet your stash of sealed boxes rivals Memphis.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is Ricko that has a bunch of sealed GSA CC’s from original release, not the white box variety. I have nowhere near that amount of self control…those boxes would mock me daily

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭

Just opened my CCs last night, and gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with them. They are competently struck, but the finish makes them look like pot metal or cheap fakes. Give me a bunged-up original over these. On the other hand, I loved the recent dual RP set, which was just stunning. I guess you never know . . .

Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

@MetroD said:
    If you opt for it (and pay the extra $3.95), the Mint will send it signature required.

Correction, should send it signature required. I recently had an order that I accidentally chose next day w/ sig instead of just next day. The order was shipped without signature required. I called the Mint and was told there's nothing they could do. The extra $3.95 wasn't worth the additional frustration to escalate. I'm just more careful now when choosing shipping methods. No guarantees with the Mint nowadays.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3

Yes...I believe that Mint returns have been routinely melted for many years now.

This is a first for me. Mint says CC & O are processing. No shipment notice from the Mint. Charge competed on the bank's site. Coins just arrived. Pics in a bit...

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done, Kimber, dig the look!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • 1946Hamm1946Hamm Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint email says my 3 peace dollars have shipped. Great news.

Have a good day, Gary
  • SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@younique said:
    Finding this a bit unusual that every coin graded 70 unless minimum grade requested was 70, ....

Likely all bulk submitted with minimum grade 70 requested. You might gain more insight on relative quality from the number of 70s across these products than from the absence of 69s or less (at this early juncture).

Also, it is curious that the PGCS pop report lists them under modern commemoratives, while the NGC pop report lists them as part of the series (at this point, the the D and O privy list under Morgan Dollars).

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just shipped today! Going straight to our host on arrival!

edited October 28, 2021 11:47AM

@Portross said:
    This came an hour ago, all three are problem free. First photo shows one alongside an MS64. The relief of the lettering is higher than the original, and the letters are more rounded. Overall an attractive coin but I like the original better.

What I was curious about was, not so much the relief of the device, but whether the edge was flat or angled down, like a "bowl". I can see from the side by sides that the new coin is flat straight across and is does not have the bowl effect as the 1921 does. I wish it did.

• ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭

So far I have received my S, D, O, and CC Morgan's, with the P and Peace still in shipping. My S had a few flaws, the D looked OK, the O had flaws, and the CC so far is my best shot at a 70 with no visible imperfections. My peace dollars are the ones I'm most excited for.

Seeing the poor quality at the mint this year is quite disappointing.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out these D mint beauties 🤮

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    Isn’t it cute how everyone is trying to sell 2021 Morgan’s on the BST . I could just pinch their cheeks.

But they are REAL COLLECTORS...

Lmao

@Bullsitter said:
    Mailman delivered early today... B)

Those look pretty dang good. Sorry about the cheek . I’m going to maybe be a little more happy with my cc. Congratulations

@jwitten said:

Oh my. I am so sorry. What the heck happened. I can’t remember the last time we had to settle for bad, ok , good enough. 😬

• Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:

@Portross said:
    This came an hour ago, all three are problem free. First photo shows one alongside an MS64. The relief of the lettering is higher than the original, and the letters are more rounded. Overall an attractive coin but I like the original better.

What I was curious about was, not so much the relief of the device, but whether the edge was flat or angled down, like a "bowl". I can see from the side by sides that the new coin is flat straight across and is does not have the bowl effect as the 1921 does. I wish it did.

That is technically called “high relief”!!
    The 1921 peace is the only one that is high relief.
    I agree with you - it would have been nice had they done a high relief strike!!

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

Please say that cheek/neck scrape is on the capsule!

(l8-)>>

• @Samuel8 said:
    I just received my Morgan O. Before I opened the box, I can hear the capsules are not closed. One coin is fine, the other capsule is open. The paper is ripped from the side, you can tell how hard they threw the box. The capsule is extremely loose, I can open and close it easily.

Are they that easy to open? I wonder if we can polish out the ones with scratches...maybe we can still get 70 :smiley:

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2021 2:59PM

In a fictional world... Talked to 2 reps after a quick 2 minute wait. First one Mike R told me the blemishes were intentionally added to random dies to give an authentic/vintage Morgan look to these. Second rep Mike M told me he has the only 70's anyone has in hand and he didn't know when if ever more would be shipped.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edgar said:

@jwitten said:

Please say that cheek/neck scrape is on the capsule!

Nope, on the coins. And it’s three different coins.

edited October 28, 2021 3:26PM

Two questions:
    1. Anyone else receiving "gift" coins they didn't order and presumably have not been charged for...yet? I ordered 3 CCs...and received 4 in the box...invoice says "3"

1. Considering all the griping re quality and falling prices...has anyone changed plans and decided not to send these in for slabbing and instead keep them raw...and save some $$$ in the process? I mean...slabbing ain't cheap.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Years ago I received someone else’s order… they received mine.

The shipping labels were switched.

It was just the right thing to do to fix it.

Keeping mistakes in mind, buying and selling sealed boxes has a risk that’s more than 0.00

It would be only right if the mint sent you a prepaid label. Although I didn’t get one for my issue, I needed to ask. They were first spouse coins. It wasn’t cheap.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    Years ago I received someone else’s order… they received mine.

The shipping labels were switched.

It was just the right thing to do to fix it.

Keeping mistakes in mind, buying and selling sealed boxes has a risk that’s more than 0.00

It would be only right if the mint sent you a prepaid label. Although I didn’t get one for my issue, I needed to ask. They were first spouse coins. It wasn’t cheap.

It can't be someone else's order with an HHL of 3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file