Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

§-§-§ 2020 Mayflower 400th Ann. US-Great Britain Gold (20XC) & Silver (20XD) Sets 11/17/20 9 AM ET

Comments

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

I received same email and finally got through after on hold for almost an hour.
    According to the rep, the system automatically sends out emails after orders are not shipped after a set time frame, normally around 3 weeks.
    She said the 4 orders I have processing (including 2 silver coin mayflower set and the WWII silver medal) are still processing and will ship.
    I hope so, but we shall see.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:
    Me too, Mayflower orders will be canceled...

It is kind of odd given that they have not ever reached the 9000 mark in sales. They should have unsold supply. I wonder what the new numbers will say about sales.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    I got the cancelation email yet it still says processing in my account.

Its impossible to get a rep now. Just busy. Guessing a lot of cancelation emails went out.

I also returned a gold set which they received on 12/3. I've not even received an email that they received it yet much less a refund.

Ugh

I got the same email this morning . The Mint said there was a wait time of >15 minutes on phone calls. I was on Hold for a little over an hour. The email said the order would be cancelled in 48 hours IF I didn't call. After talking to CS I still don't have a clue if my order will be cancelled. It still shows "processing"...

• Options

As @cagcrisp said if you don’t call they will cancel. The rep I talked to said there was stock to fill my orders and emails go out to make sure people still want the items and if don’t contact them will cancel.
    I didn’t feel like debating her on this is odd way of doing business because she doesn’t set the policy.
    until I have a tracking number I’m still not 100% confident the system/inventory is correct.
    In my past life at a distribution center, these notices go out when a picker goes to pull the item and it’s not there.

• Options

@Danno44 said:
    According to the rep, the system automatically sends out emails after orders are not shipped after a set time frame, normally around 3 weeks.
    She said the 4 orders I have processing (including 2 silver coin mayflower set and the WWII silver medal) are still processing and will ship.

Hogwash.

They didn't ship my original orders from November 17th until a month later and I never got a cancellation notice.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is the email:
    Dear cagcrisp:
    Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we are not able to fulfill it at this time. Please call our Customer Service Center at your earliest convenience at 1-800-872-6468.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If we do not hear from you within 48 hours, we will automatically cancel your order. This is to protect you against any fraudulent activity on your account. ”

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Danno44 said:

Hogwash.

They didn't ship my original orders from November 17th until a month later and I never got a cancellation notice.

I am only relaying what I was told.
    Why would I make that up? I have no reason to lie, I’m just repeating what I was told by the CS rep.
    I too have had orders sit in processing for a long time but this was first time I received the cancellation email.
    That’s why I called.

• Options

@Danno44 said:

Hogwash.

They didn't ship my original orders from November 17th until a month later and I never got a cancellation notice. > @Danno44 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Danno44 said:

Hogwash.

I am only relaying what I was told.
    Why would I make that up? I have no reason to lie, I’m just repeating what I was told by the CS rep.
    I too have had orders sit in processing for a long time but this was first time I received the cancellation email.
    That’s why I called.

Im not saying you made it up. Im saying CS made it up

• Options

@jmlanzaf ah ok. Thank you for clarifying.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t get the protect from fraudulent activity BS💩💩💩💩💩. I waited about 3 months to get my Baseball dollars shipped.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Customer Service

• Options

They appear to have taken the phone off the hook. Lol. All I get is a busy signal when I call

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    They appear to have taken the phone off the hook. Lol. All I get is a busy signal when I call

Hit #1 for place an order. Who gives a 💩 what it takes to get a so called human being. Just for the record whenever I get in this situation I always use the option that gets me through no matter what. Most of the time they help me if not I bitch to the high heaven “ let me talk to your boss”

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Hit #1 for place an order. Who gives a 💩 what it takes to get a so called human being. Just for the record whenever I get in this situation I always use the option that gets me through no matter what. Most of the time they help me if not I bitch to the high heaven “ let me talk to your boss”

I tried that. They just keep telling me they can't place one orders

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I tried that. They just keep telling me they can't place one orders

I got put on hold wait is > 15 minutes. Now I know that means an hour.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2020 12:24PM

All my orders since 17 nov got the axe. One had a “PayPal payment received” or something like that immediately followed up with an order will be canceled email.

• Options

Shenanigans

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

God, this is awful - do yall think it'd be a good idea to call the mint even if we haven't received these cancelation emails?

• Options

I wonder if it has something to do with the treasure cyber attack.

So very odd these last few weeks

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2020 12:47PM

Any other company would simply ask do u want a refund or to wait. Absurd. Still can't get thru.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

It's just impossible to get thru.

• Options

The lady sounds like she has a jolly rancher in her mouth when she talks.

You’re welcome, you won’t be able to unhear it.

• Options

So, I used my ninja skills and the rep said there was a glitch and the emails were send by accident. I asked of her floor supervisor/lead told her those words and she said they did.

• Options

Hour on hold. When I got through, they told me I didn't need to call. Lol

I guess we'll find out

• Options

🤞🤞🤞

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    Hour on hold. When I got through, they told me I didn't need to call. Lol

I guess we'll find out

Incredible that you even got on hold. Busy EVERY time I try.

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    So, I used my ninja skills and the rep said there was a glitch and the emails were send by accident. I asked of her floor supervisor/lead told her those words and she said they did.

Thanks! Let us hope.

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    looks like ryder's last f.u before leaving --- cant happen soon enough 🙄

I'm sure he'll get a very nice silver parachute on us that won't be cancelled!

• Options

@Raufus my innovation dollars just shipped - that makes 2 of 3 outstanding orders shipped today - with any luck, over the next hours and days we'll see our mayflower silver sets ship

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    @Raufus my innovation dollars just shipped - that makes 2 of 3 outstanding orders shipped today - with any luck, over the next hours and days we'll see our mayflower silver sets ship

Thanks!! Let us hope!!!

I'm making progress - I'm on minute 25 of my 15 minute hold time. Want to ask about my silver set and my month old return. WHAT a waste of time.

• Options

@Raufus said:

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

Thanks!! Let us hope!!!

I'm making progress - I'm on minute 25 of my 15 minute hold time. Want to ask about my silver set and my month old return. WHAT a waste of time.

They told me 3 minutes. They answered after 58.

• Options

OK. This is kind of funny. I got home after my hour long hold with the Mint to find that I had received partial shipment on one of the orders they canceled. LOL.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

I also returned a gold set which they received on 12/3. I've not even received an email that they received it yet much less a refund.

Check tracking for mint receipt of item, gives peace of mind. Also, Mint has a separate process for requesting reimbursement of postage fees to return some purchases, but you have to call them for details. When I did it for returned gold (registered mail) I had to write a cover letter and provide copies of mailing receipts. Eventually they sent me a check.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dollar2007 said:
    Just got an email that my order needs attention. Only thing I can think it is is the 2020 mint set in it isn’t available, so they want to ask if I want the rest of my stuff.
    Not sure how that can be, it was available for a long time that morning. I’ll call soon to find out.

Same here for 2 items...but my cc was charged for 1 and both orders are still in the processing stage. Appears to be a computer snafu....

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

they're sending out emails 😂

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

I got one too. After spending 45 minutes on the phone.

• Options
    edited December 28, 2020 6:32PM

@spotthedog said:
    I got one too. After spending 45 minutes on the phone.

63 minutes for me. LOL

• Options

Just received mine, Just as I expected previously...a computer snafu, ore one of the grinches helpers ;)

• Options

Received same email. Also want to apologize for relaying bad information I received from the CS rep when I called yesterday.
    She even put me on hold twice during the call to find out what was happening and still gave me bad information.

• Options

20XB, Mayflower 2-pc Silver Set

Product Limit 9,200
    Sold 9,216

These USA sets might be done.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    20XB, Mayflower 2-pc Silver Set

Product Limit 9,200
    Sold 9,216

These USA sets might be done.

Apparently overdone

• Options
    edited December 29, 2020 8:21AM

The key word in the report is DEMAND. "Adj Net Demand" it doesn't actually say that's how many sold. Could be they are counting pending sales in these figures.

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    The key in the report is DEMAND. "Net Adj Demand" it doesn't actually say that's how many sold. Could be they are counting pending sales in these figures.

We've never been exactly sure how they book the sales or the returns. I'm not sure it matters in terms of the available supply, other than a delay in crediting returns/cancellations.

• Options
    edited December 29, 2020 2:47PM

One of my canceled orders from yesterday shipped today. Ordered 12-16, WWII Silver Medal.

• Options

My order from 11/25 hasn't shipped yet :/

• Options

orders from 11/24 (rev proof medal) & 12/16 ( 2020 unc. coin set) still processing.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Order from 11/25 (Reverse Proof Medal), and 12/17(Proof Coin and Medal Set)
    Still shows 'Processing'

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were so good when they first took over distribution. Remember? Something is seriously wrong more than the virus. If they were just honest we would put up with almost anything.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the point of shipping product just to have then sit at the Memphis Hub? Seems the prudent thing to do is hold the shipment until they can go some where. Much less chance of being stolen.

• Options

12-17 Mayflower 2-pc set orders just shipped.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file