Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

§-§-§ 2020 Mayflower 400th Ann. US-Great Britain Gold (20XC) & Silver (20XD) Sets 11/17/20 9 AM ET

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

ah! just checked on my 12.17-ordered mayflower silver set and it shipped too! 🎉

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    12-17 Mayflower 2-pc set orders just shipped.

Me too

• Options
    RedStormRedStorm Posts: 221 ✭✭✭

Finally got mine the other day, 2 pc gold and silver sets...not that I knew about it until I happened to look out the front door. Courier left it at the door, no signature required apparently and the driver didn’t even ring the doorbell. Good thing the porch bandits didn’t get it first...

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    12-17 Mayflower 2-pc set orders just shipped.

My order shipped as well...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RedStorm said:
    Finally got mine the other day, 2 pc gold and silver sets...not that I knew about it until I happened to look out the front door. Courier left it at the door, no signature required apparently and the driver didn’t even ring the doorbell. Good thing the porch bandits didn’t get it first...

I hate that. Poor UPS/FedX drivers. It must be such an imposition and take so much time slowing their route to shout out their arrival, ring the bell or a loud knock. Oh no. Just drop the package on the door step and run like scared little rabbits. You, the recipient, can figure it out that a delivery was made in a couple hours as you leave your house/apartment. Bless your luck the Porch Pirates haven't snatched your package. Wouldn't that be coup de gras for your Mayflower adventure !

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

@RedStorm said:

I hate that. Poor UPS/FedX drivers. It must be such an imposition and take so much time slowing their route to shout out their arrival, ring the bell or a loud knock. Oh no. Just drop the package on the door step and run like scared little rabbits. You, the recipient, can figure it out that a delivery was made in a couple hours as you leave your house/apartment. Bless your luck the Porch Pirates haven't snatched your package. Wouldn't that be coup de gras for your Mayflower adventure !

Annoying in a different way was several years ago, I had a modest UPS order, maybe a $40 value, stolen or missing—UPS said they delivered it but I never got it and reported it. For something like two years, UPS put me on some kind of “naughty list” where I had to sign for EVERYTHING they delivered. Even if I ordered something like a pencil costing 50 cents from Amazon Prime and it was shipped UPS, I had to sign for it. Painful...

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2020 4:34PM

I bought 50 1/10 gold eagles years ago from APMEX. I was out of town when they were left on my porch in a not so great neighborhood (double murder 4 doors down where I got on the news saying “this kind of stuff doesn’t happen around here). Anyway, got home and couldn’t find the package so I reported it. The driver came by and looked all around, twice. He said he thought it was for Christmas so he just left it without a signature. I found the package under a bush completely destroyed by rain. There was a huge (half the front of the box) neon orange sticker that said signature required. Thank goodness the coins were in a tube.

I called ups and said I found the box and they just said ok and thanks for calling. I didn’t feel like they took it seriously

• Options

@RedStorm said:
    Annoying in a different way .... UPS put me on some kind of “naughty list” where I had to sign for EVERYTHING they delivered.

You could think of it as a "SERIOUS" list. For you, no more throw it on your door step from the road. No more "we deliver it - well I never received it".
    Inconvenient if you are not home when they drive up, true. The good part is you get every delivery.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

@RedStorm said:
    Annoying in a different way .... UPS put me on some kind of “naughty list” where I had to sign for EVERYTHING they delivered.

You could think of it as a "SERIOUS" list. For you, no more throw it on your door step from the road. No more "we deliver it - well I never received it".
    Inconvenient if you are not home when they drive up, true. The good part is you get every delivery.

Not at home was usually the case as the delivery attempt was almost always when I was at work and a few times instead of redelivering it was returned to sender. I don’t mind signing for something valuable and indeed, prefer it, but having to sign for a light bulb or a box of crackers or some other trivial thing only to not be home for it got really old...

Anyway, glad I got the Mayflower coins and am pleased with the look of them all. The documentation of the Mayflower story with the coins is nicely done too.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

I found the package under a bush completely destroyed by rain.

Moral of the story: Always check under the bushes first!

Yeah, I hate it when this happens too.

• Options

Yes @RedStorm , they seem to catching up with shipping.
    I think if they sent an email when they can't ship within 3 days explaining the cause and an estimated date there would be more than one consequences.

Customers anxiety would be relieved at least temporarily.
    Fewer calls to CS freeing them up for other important questions.
    Not thinking the mint has turned in to a bunch of uncaring incompetent morons.
    Dispersal of the torch and pitchfork carrying mob outside mint offices.

• Options

us silver set getting here tomorrow 🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂 can't wait to finally lay eyes on these

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

My silver set finally arrived.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@Raufus said:
    My silver set finally arrived.

howzit look?

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

My one unopened silver set has been sitting on a shelf waiting to be received at PCGS for first strike because it was shipped one day before the 30 days were up. There will probably not be very many first strikes available due to the very long shipping delays.

• Options

us silver set got here moments ago - they look great

us medal capsule: very tight, secure

uk coin capsule: loose and clacky, doesn't make a firm seal at all - might get these graded, slabbed just so I can store the uk coin in a more air-tight enclosure 😂

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2021 7:18AM

I ordered 4 of the 2-pc sets.
    They showed up yesterday.
    When I opened each one the coa was upside down. My first thought was returns. Sure enough there was a medium size spot on the obverse of each UK piece, in the same place......Sending them back.

• Options

So sorry @Bullsitter. After the long wait it has to be terribly dissapointing.

• Options

back from the dead!

my 19-dec-ordered royal mint mayflower silver set was lost in chicago mailing limbo for over a month - I honestly thought I was never going to receive it - a p high chance it shows up like my last chicago mailing limbo delayed uk package; looking like someone drop kicked it across the warehouse

should be here by the end of the week, pending no more usps black holes

• Options

Your "lost in Chicago" is a good one. Maybe it fell behind or under a sorting table. "What was lost is now found". Hoping it doesn't fall behind something in the delivery vehicle on it's way to you place.

• Options

convinced it was pilfered, @Kudbegud - hoping to not see an open box

• Options

Twice now a Mint order took a side trip on it's way to me thanks to USPS Tourist Division. The address was correct as I haven't moved in over 35 years. Not withstanding that, my Mint package was awarded an all expense paid side trip to Guam. Twice.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    Twice now a Mint order took a side trip on it's way to me thanks to USPS Tourist Division. The address was correct as I haven't moved in over 35 years. Not withstanding that, my Mint package was awarded an all expense paid side trip to Guam. Twice.

😳😳😳

• Options
    edited January 31, 2021 12:13PM

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    convinced it was pilfered, @Kudbegud - hoping to not see an open box

The brain does spin some nightmare scenarios in response to a mystery.

USPS save me the mystery with Informed Delivery. I knew where it was going and returning but disappointed I wasn't invited along. I spent 4 years in Guam in the mid 80's and would have liked to see the changes there.

• Options

royal mint pkg arrived today after a month missing in chicago like this ...

😑...

our mail carrier - because she rules - put a rubber band around it because ONE SIDE WAS COMPLETELY OPEN ... I think they were probably looking for gold - good thing I'm cheap as heII 😅

beyond reason, everything was there and in excellent condition, minus the outer coin box pkg looking a little worse for wear; not the end of the world

bonus on the cool coa numbers game too, for both the uk mayflower set, and the diversity piedfort [I think some of yall call this stuff 'pc coinage' for some reason?] 🤔

below piedfort has max mintage of 2510 - happy if it turns out to not be popular, although I love it when world mints decide to step out of traditional historical narratives

reLIEVED to not have to worry about this shipment anymore - ready for the great engravers 3 graces now 👀👀👀

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

My packages seem to get diverted all the time - by USPS and UPS. The Mayflower gold 2-pc. set was delivered by UPS to my local distribution center around 4 miles from my house in the Chicago suburbs. But rather than put it on the delivery truck, which should have been the next step, UPS sent it to El Paso, TX for a week's vacation. This has happened often with USPS, too. In December, I ordered something from Germany that was shipped via DHL Express. Unfortunately, it was lost or stolen in Cologne, Germany.

• Options

gahh - sorry to hear about the pkg theft, @JeffM - did you place an order w Geiger, or—? always looking for new world direct-purchase companies

these stories yallre sharing abt being able to follow your packages on their world travels are terrible, obviously, but I feel like I got ripped off - my uk pkg literally just disappeared from my informed delivery, only to reappear a month later - maybe it went to Bolivia, maybe new Mexico - who knows?

if the usps is going to divert our pkgs, the least they could do is stamp them w their locales so we could get pkgs that look like this 😂

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    gahh - sorry to hear about the pkg theft, @JeffM - did you place an order w Geiger, or—? always looking for new world direct-purchase companies

these stories yallre sharing abt being able to follow your packages on their world travels are terrible, obviously, but I feel like I got ripped off - my uk pkg literally just disappeared from my informed delivery, only to reappear a month later - maybe it went to Bolivia, maybe new Mexico - who knows?

if the usps is going to divert our pkgs, the least they could do is stamp them w their locales so we could get pkgs that look like this 😂

Actually, I ordered a collectable nutcracker from Bavaria. It was a big box. I assume it was stolen. But, the vendor did refund my money and collected from DHL.

With USPS's Informed Delivery and the UPS app, I enjoy following the exploits of my packages. I am jealous because they've been to many more places than I have. :'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file