The forum needs a little humor.

Comments

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the 405 in Irvine.

@marcmoish said:

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 19,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was in the USAF I was stationed in the UK. I had bought a right hand drive 1960 Austin Princess 4 door car shortly after getting there to travel to and from RAF Mendenhall where I was stationed. A few months later the car was running rough but I really did not understand how rough till I took it to a local car mechanic. I left the base and headed for the repair shop when a wild pheasant jumped out of the road side thicket and proceeded to not only run pass me but he cut right in front of me to cross the road. My Austin princess was left in the roosters dust. EMBARRASSING

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    Looks like the 405 in Irvine.

@marcmoish said:

Not enough cars.

thefinn
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:
    When I was in the USAF I was stationed in the UK. I had bought a right hand drive 1960 Austin Princess 4 door car shortly after getting there to travel to and from RAF Mendenhall where I was stationed. A few months later the car was running rough but I really did not understand how rough till I took it to a local car mechanic. I left the base and headed for the repair shop when a wild pheasant jumped out of the road side thicket and proceeded to not only run pass me but he cut right in front of me to cross the road. My Austin princess was left in the roosters dust. EMBARRASSING

I think the more pressing question is WHY did the pheasant cross the road?

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

@marcmoish said:

In New Jersey all the cars would be in the left most lane.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

@david3142 said:

@JWP said:

I think the more pressing question is WHY did the pheasant cross the road?

After living in the UK for 2 1/2 years, I found out that brits love to upstage the Yanks. This pheasant just could not pass up this opportunity.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

If you have ever had a dog, you know a lot of them are food challenged. My little chihuahua Bubba loved to sit at my chair any time I was eating. We had a little routine that usually cleared out the room when ever their were too many humans around. I would put a hot dog in my mouth and bubba would start eating at the other end. The hot dog was gone in just a few seconds and the humans were no where to be be seen. Sometimes you could hear them excessively coughing/gagging. Bubba also loved soft serve ice cream, so I would get a large cone and take a lick and then bubba would get his lick in too. The two of us made short order of this tasty treat every time. I usually asked if anyone wanted to share the ice cream cone with us, but there was never any takers. Their loss and more for Bubba and me.

• Options

In the late 1970s I was stationed an England well in the Air Force I was passed from a commander to inspect a small unit attached or Squadron that was in Lands End. I took a bus to London and Men call the small airplane from London to where the unit was stationed. I walked across the runway to the airplane to board. Stewardess Matt me before I got on the plane and immediately asked me what my weight was I told her and she told me where to sit started. I then asked her why she needed to know what my weight was. She told me that she needed to know the weight of all the passengers so you seated evenly distribute the weight so that the airplane could get airborne. I had no choice but to take the flight, but when I set my seat I grabbed both armrest and my Knuckles theme to instantaneously turn white. The flight only lasted about 45 minutes and my Knuckles return to the normal color about two hours after we landed. It was my first introduction to a real White Knuckle Airlines.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USMC said:

My dad used a coat hanger. It got my attention.

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USMC said:

Best learning tool ever!

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had whatever dad got his hands on!!😯 I don't know of a whipping I didn't deserve.

Ken
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bearcave said:
    I had whatever dad got his hands on!!😯 I don't know of a whipping I didn't deserve.

I remember getting one at school and going home with a note for another.

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave said:

@TwoSides2aCoin .... ;)
    I'm not sure I know how I feel about laughing at the Schwartz Brothers joke either.

• Options
    USMCUSMC Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭

Some Of My Wife's Useless Information

• Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file