Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the holidays Heck I like Wayne’s shaking dog 🙀

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was in the Navy I was sent to a weapons School at Nas Mayport Florida. I was eligible to draw perdiem and stay off base in a motel. At the motel after school I stayed at the pool most of the time. One day however a friend of mine had his niece with him and I decided to show her how to dive into the pool. One problem. The spot that I chose to demonstrate how to dive into the pool was in the shallow end. As I came up from the bottom of the pool which was about 3 ft my face was all bloody and bruised. So I proceeded to drive into the base and go to Medical to have it checked out. When I told the corpsman what happened he looked at me and said now you're not that stupid are you. So I agree with him I wasn't that stupid I just ran into a closed door. The corpsman just looked at me and laughed and said I guess you are stupid. I quickly learned that sometimes telling the truth isn't always believable for the person that you're telling it to.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Boy I wish I could say I didn't do the exact same thing. Only differences: I wasn't in the military; it was a backflip into the pool; and I had just done it in the 6 ft end before showing off some more in the 3 ft end. :blush: Wasn't the first time I broke my nose so just kinda made sure it was straight and tried not to touch it for like a week or two until it set up. D'oh!

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

@marcmoish said:

It’s a slow day in some little town. The sun is hot, the streets are deserted.
    Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.
    On this particular day, a rich tourist from back west is driving thru town.
    He stops at the motel and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one to spend the night.
    As soon as the man walks upstairs, the owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.
    The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.
    The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill at the feed store.
    The guy at the Farmer’s Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her services on credit.
    She, in a flash rushes to the motel and pays off her room bill with the motel owner.
    The motel proprietor now places the $100 back on the counter so the rich traveler will not suspect anything.
    At that moment, the traveler comes down the stairs, picks up the $100 bill, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money & leaves.
    Now… no one produced anything… and no one earned anything… however, the whole town is out of debt and is looking to the future with much optimism.

Motel is out $100.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:

@marcmoish said:

It’s a slow day in some little town. The sun is hot, the streets are deserted.
    Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.
    On this particular day, a rich tourist from back west is driving thru town.
    He stops at the motel and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one to spend the night.
    As soon as the man walks upstairs, the owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.
    The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.
    The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill at the feed store.
    The guy at the Farmer’s Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her services on credit.
    She, in a flash rushes to the motel and pays off her room bill with the motel owner.
    The motel proprietor now places the $100 back on the counter so the rich traveler will not suspect anything.
    At that moment, the traveler comes down the stairs, picks up the $100 bill, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money & leaves.
    Now… no one produced anything… and no one earned anything… however, the whole town is out of debt and is looking to the future with much optimism.

Motel is out $100.

The hotel owner paid the $100 he owed the butcher so it's a wash.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    USMCUSMC Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2021 5:53PM

Duplicate Post

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ms70 said:

@marcmoish said:

This horrible scene is VERY likely to play out at a coin show. The car accident is unfortunate too.

Slap a tie with mustard stains on the old timer and you are correct.

• Options

Is it a group mug shot ? 😂

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tibor said:

Who or what are they??

Monty Python.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:

@Tibor said:

Who or what are they??

Monty Python.

@Smudge. Thanks

• Options

Met John Cleese a few times He was staying at a resort I worked at. Very private person. Spent more than a little time with him and I don’t remember him saying anything. Part of his day was spent in my supervisory area. Week at a time. Ofcourse, as with high end resorts we were allowed to interact with the guests but not allowed to groupie on them. No photos , no autographs respect their privacy. I remember thinking how great and funny it would be. Very nice man , very quiet and always polite. Fun story. 😉

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    USMCUSMC Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭

This was my first dog I ever had. His name was Cletus who
    was born & raised in the back woods of Tennessee

• Options

and now we wait kills me... but the missing sock is always in the fitted sheet along with two pair of underwear. And even though logic dictates you should guess the right way to put it on the bed approx. 50% of the time, you're going to guess wrong 100% of the time. It's and enigma wrapped in a paradox. Or maybe that was a paradox wrapped in an enigma. I forget which...

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel worn out. Keep walking they can see you, you know.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file