Options

Thoughts on Tom Brady.

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Pride goeth before the fall...

I really never thought I’d see Tom Brady putting on another jersey.

Why?

What’s the point?

To what end?

Spite is the answer; short and simple. I’m of a mind that even an MVP and a Super Bowl win wouldn’t undo this damage. He wasn’t forced out and didn’t retire then Unretire. He left a franchise that wins the division every year and is a SB contender annually. So the reason he left is to prove it’s all me and it’s always been all me. And at 42-43, that’s a bad time to pick to make your stand on that point.

Prediction: TB12 ends up flat on his face (or back) and the Pats win 10 or more games

He wasn’t forced out but he wasn’t given much of an option to stay either, They offered him less money than he made last year which was a slap in his face and Belichicks way of letting him know he had no interest in him coming back, Kraft then lies through his teeth and spins it so it sounds like if Brady wanted to stay he would have and they “Tried” their best to keep him. Kraft is a lying two faced fraud and Belichick is an ignorant god complexed jerk.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

What did the Patriots offer him?

I had always heard that Brady signed team friendly contracts in the past. If this is true, they should have paid him this time.

Brady, like just about every player in every sport want to keep playing. He also would probably like to play on a winner. The Patriots could be looking at some serious down time.

I still wish Tom would have played his entire career for the Pats, that would have been nice.

Good luck Tom.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    What did the Patriots offer him?

I had always heard that Brady signed team friendly contracts in the past. If this is true, they should have paid him this time.

Brady, like just about every player in every sport want to keep playing. He also would probably like to play on a winner. The Patriots could be looking at some serious down time.

I still wish Tom would have played his entire career for the Pats, that would have been nice.

Good luck Tom.

they didnt offer him anything at all. They just sat there and assumed he would crawl back.

Rumor has it the only offer was from last August which he refused and demanded they not franchise him.

The August deal was a fake 3 year deal where he was supposed to commit but the team could end it in one year.

Binding on you Tom but not on us

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

When the Patriots released AB on their own volition Tom was very upset. I believe his leaving can be traced back earlier, however, to the SB when Butler was benched. They knew he wanted a multiyear deal and didn't give it to him before he hit free agency. I really wish he had stayed. I hope he does well. I would bet he will.

I am excited for a new NE future. Always and still a Pats fan.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 You should stop sugarcoating it and tell us how you really feel. :D

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    @bronco2078 You should stop sugarcoating it and tell us how you really feel. :D

This was the great annoyance of the season for me, the AB drama. If you think he is trouble then I guess don't sign him , but once you do and you paid him or will have to pay him play the guy.

TV and sports radio was bleating about the "optics" of AB oh he metoo'ed someone , he texted his baby mama mean things , give me a break . You people are charging me $10 for a bottled water at the stadium but you are going to take the moral high ground ? :D

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2020 12:56PM

Shame on Robert Kraft for letting Tom Brady get away. You had this joke coming Bob.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

he is an 80 year old garden gnome , no women are interested in him unless he is buying them houses.

How much money to I need to actually convince myself when I'm 80 that models and whatnot find me attractive?

I own a mirror , several in fact , if I'm 80 and not legally blind I can clearly see I'm a creepy looking shriveled up weirdo that no one under 65 would find even vaguely interesting

all of a sudden i feel the need to circumvent my search for toilet paper & sanitizer and instead focus on hoarding "don't kill myself" books

• Options

They offered him right around 20 million or something along those lines, they offended him I’m sure.

• Options
    edited March 22, 2020 2:45PM

@bronco2078 said:
    How much money to I need to actually convince myself when I'm 80 that models and whatnot find me attractive?

What? The Air Krafts bring in all the honey's.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

What? The Air Krafts bring in all the honey's.

6 inch lifts in those shoes

• Options

Kraft has been overall a really great owner.

I agree with you @bronco2078 about the AB situation being irksome (is that a word? 😂) Kraft and Belichick were clearly not on the same page. And Tom has supposedly spoken about his practice time with AB being the best thing since sliced bread. I also agree with you about the mourning/"new" girlfriend thing. I don't look to athletes or team owners or celebrities to guide me morally. I just think it was wrong and a bad look. Also embarrassing. Her death and his love for her were pushed on us as a legitimate storyline.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-brady-gisele-unhappy-marriage-2-years-ago-172441098.html

Tom Brady says Gisele 'wasn't satisfied with our marriage' 2 years ago: 'I had to check myself'

Ya gotta wonder if this somehow played into the equation of Brady leaving the Patriots?

Perhaps Brady consciously or subconsciously, going to Tampa to get away from Gisele either temporarily or permanently.

Never underestimate what an unhappy spouse may do to get away from their partner.

Oh well, what's done is done, and we shall see how Brady does with the Bucs.

• Options

Brady is all in on his Family, especially his wife. She is the reason he stopped doing OTA’s Brady’s sole reason for leaving the Patriots was 100% because he was sick of Belichick.

• Options

Gisele and their kids went with him to Tampa Bay so I doubt this move was his "getaway" plan. They'll all be living in Derek Jeter's rented mansion.

• Options

am i the only one that thinks giselle is starting to look like a dude?

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Brady is all in on his Family, especially his wife. She is the reason he stopped doing OTA’s Brady’s sole reason for leaving the Patriots was 100% because he was sick of Belichick.

@erikthredd said:
    Gisele and their kids went with him to Tampa Bay so I doubt this move was his "getaway" plan. They'll all be living in Derek Jeter's rented mansion.

You guys are probably right.

One thing i noticed, is the amount of nude modeling that Gisele was doing during their marriage. I mean the Bradys don't exactly need the money for her to continue to have to do that. Perhaps it's possible that this ticked Brady off a bit, even if he wouldn't say that to Gisele. Maybe this was Gisele's way of telling everyone that she wasn't exactly totally happy with Tom Brady, and that these "goods"are still available even though she is married.

Around 50% of marriages these days end up in divorce, and with celebrity marriages that percentage has to be a lot higher. So with that stat alone, a marriage between a superstar quarterback and a supermodel, the odds are certainly against it lasting.

Would have been interesting to see the "do this or else" letter that Gisele sent to Tom. I wonder if Gisele had some sort of phrase in there like, "You love the Patriots more than you love me" etc, etc, etc. - LOL

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

No offense to Gisele, but she isn't exactly the one involved in my "supermodel and me, alone on an isolated beach" fantasy. And sometimes it's "supermodels and me" - LOL

• Options

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

No offense to Gisele, but she isn't exactly the one involved in my "supermodel and me, alone on an isolated beach" fantasy. And sometimes it's "supermodels and me" - LOL

Totally agreed

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not so sure Tommy boy made the right choice...

• Options

The thing about Bridget is she isn’t so ridiculously skinny and she has such natural beauty, she just exemplifies pretty..

• Options

Giselle when she first hit the scene was much hotter then

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11, 2020 10:19AM

@perkdog said:
    The thing about Bridget is she isn’t so ridiculously skinny and she has such natural beauty, she just exemplifies pretty..

She'd sure be my choice!!
    Stunningly natural beauty of a woman, INDEED. This is the kind of beauty I saw lots of in Croatia last September.

• Options
    melindalucymelindalucy Posts: 2
    edited January 10, 2021 5:20AM

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:
    Colin Cowherd is reporting that Brady will sign with the Bucs tomorrow.

I think upon learning you listen to colin cowherd we all lost just a little respect for you :D

I don't listen to any sports talk radio.
    https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/colin-cowherd-was-told-tom-brady-signs-tomorrow-with-tampa-bay-618964.html

:D:D

• Options

@melindalucy said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:
    Colin Cowherd is reporting that Brady will sign with the Bucs tomorrow.

I think upon learning you listen to colin cowherd we all lost just a little respect for you :D

I don't listen to any sports talk radio.
    https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/colin-cowherd-was-told-tom-brady-signs-tomorrow-with-tampa-bay-618964.html

:D:D

🤔 Judging by @melindalucy 's other comment, I am assuming this is spam or 🚫 poster making some jokes. Either way.... I wish Tom was still a Patriot.

But we'll be back....

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

GOAT

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭

Keep up the good work Tom! Win another super bowl this year!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Keep up the good work Tom! Win another super bowl this year!

It would be a great explanation point on a stellar career. I know people hated the Patriots because the won so much, but I never though that Brady acted in an offensive way. He worked his butt off in his job, took special care of his body all year long and went out and won. You can’t ask for more from a super star athlete.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if it was an intelligent choice or just a fortunate outcome, but Brady ended up with a Team placed in a very favorable place at the right time. the Bucs essentially had a first round bye but things will get tougher starting on Sunday against the Saints.

• Options

@keets said:
    I don't know if it was an intelligent choice or just a fortunate outcome, but Brady ended up with a Team placed in a very favorable place at the right time. the Bucs essentially had a first round bye but things will get tougher starting on Sunday against the Saints.

look at all the idiot teams that passed on Brady , including the one he played for last year.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭

He works as hard or even harder than anyone else on any team he plays for. He insisted on the Buk's signing Antonio Brown and even put him up in his home to make sure he was happy and it sure has paid dividends.
    It's all about winning, that's why he is the GOAT!

• Options
    edited January 12, 2021 11:29AM

@keets said:

Taxes baby, taxes. That and he had offensive weapons in place at Tampa and a head coach who would allow him to use them.

Now that I think about it he had offensive ( like stinky arm pits ) weapons in NE. They offended everyone

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@keets said:

Taxes baby, taxes. That and he had offensive weapons in place at Tampa and a head coach who would allow him to use them.

Now that I think about it he had offensive ( like stinky arm pits ) weapons in NE. They offended everyone

m

why did the colts pick rivers over brady? why didn't Tennessee take him? Brady is better than ryan tannehill , there were at least 4 teams that would have had better outcomes with brady not including the patriots who would have been in the playoffs at least

• Options

I have always leaned more towards Brady than Belichick, but have repeatedly said that the sustained success was the result of a perfect storm of the two. I am expecting the Patriots to re-establish success within the next two seasons, but of course nothing will compare to what was possible with Brady at the helm.

• Options

Skip Bayless for years often looked stupid debating Stephen A - it's not easy being that ignorant.

That's why Skip switched to Shannon Sharpe. A potted plant could win a debate over Shannon.

• Options

@stevek said:

Skip Bayless for years often looked stupid debating Stephen A - it's not easy being that ignorant.

That's why Skip switched to Shannon Sharpe. A potted plant could win a debate over Shannon.

Shannon is an idiot who just blindly hates the Pats.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

I almost always defer to the player in these type discussions. and this one, so far, certainly leans toward the player. takes over a 7-9 team, with no offseason/preseason, new playbook, new teammates and TB has them in the NFC CG. it really is remarkable.

one of the few instances where I defer to Coach is in the case of Dante S. and some of the offensive lines he has coached up for the patriots.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

Shannon is an idiot who just blindly hates the Pats.

I didn't even know that. Haven't watched it all that much.

In any event, i can barely understand a word Sharpe says. Other than he says "Skip" in almost every sentence he utters. LOL

• Options

@craig44 said:
    that is unbelievable consistency. in fact, Brady has had two hall of fame careers.

Seriously

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    that is unbelievable consistency. in fact, Brady has had two hall of fame careers.

I'd never thought about it that way before, but you are so correct. Honestly, that chart above is a pretty good argument for calling him the greatest to ever toss a football.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2021 4:18PM

@AFLfan said:

@craig44 said:

I'd never thought about it that way before, but you are so correct. Honestly, that chart above is a pretty good argument for calling him the greatest to ever toss a football.

Correct. If you ONLY had either side of the chart it would get you in the HOF all by itself . Add them together and Brady should have his own wing in the Hall

m