Thoughts on Tom Brady.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Andy Dalton in the pocket.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Bronco's head might explode if Belichick goes and trades for a Ginger @ QB. :p

I guess it must have. He hasn't posted since this news hit.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

That must be Andy Dalton in that box, being shipped to New England.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    That must be Andy Dalton in that box, being shipped to New England.

Fingers crossed that Cincy threw in an extra AJ Green too ;)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Andy Dalton in the pocket.

😂😂😂

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going from Brady to Dalton!

That would be like going from anybody to Romo!!

• Options

I do NOT want the Red Rifle in Foxboro. I’d rather they coach up Stidham or take a stab at Fromm or some other QB outside of the first round.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm having a hard time trying to think about possible replacements.

I still feel like Brady will be back.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont want tom to come back. I want bill to think he can win with andy dalton and go 0-16

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

If Tom is gone for good then I'd rather just see BB start Stidham and spend their cap/picks on better pieces on offense. Go young on offense and see where it takes them. Their defense should still be very good.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    i dont want tom to come back. I want bill to think he can win with andy dalton and go 0-16

Agreed, if it’s not Brady I want this too.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

If Tom is gone for good then I'd rather just see BB start Stidham and spend their cap/picks on better pieces on offense. Go young on offense and see where it takes them. Their defense should still be very good.

good against below 500 teams ? Which they will be as well

• Options

If 0-16 is the endgame then it makes more sense to go with a 2nd year QB making 585K over a guy making 17.5M especially when Brady would still account for a large chunk of dead cap money.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    If 0-16 is the endgame then it makes more sense to go with a 2nd year QB making 585K over a guy making 17.5M especially when Brady would still account for a large chunk of dead cap money.

Its not the endgame for the Pats , just me. Remember Bill the GM is a moron , he will cut Brady's pay and give matt slater a raise .

You can be a genius and a moron at the same time

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

Its not the endgame for the Pats , just me. Remember Bill the GM is a moron , he will cut Brady's pay and give matt slater a raise .

I hear ya,and honestly,if Bill screws this up by letting Brady finish out his career for a different team then I would hope to see Bill fail a bit as well.
    If they're gonna go after a vet QB to replace Brady then I'd prefer it to be Teddy Bridgewater rather than give up picks for Andy Dalton.

• Options

If Brady does leave NE then I hope he heads to the Titans who pretty much have all of the pieces in place to contend for a SB.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    If Brady does leave NE then I hope he heads to the Titans who pretty much have all of the pieces in place to contend for a SB.

new rumor is tom to san fran Jimmy G back here :D

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

new rumor is tom to san fran Jimmy G back here :D

But then how would Belichick keep sexting with his mancrush?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imceVoNRqP8

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

dimeman constantly sexts me while im at work

last one was something about a naked hold 'em game at his house with stevek and keets?

😳 🤮 😳 🤮 😳 🤮 😳 🤮 😳 🤮

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

Another accurate statement. 👍👍

• Options

Those fake texts from Belichick are gross :s

Brady will be finishing his career where it started.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

I hear ya,and honestly,if Bill screws this up by letting Brady finish out his career for a different team then I would hope to see Bill fail a bit as well.
    If they're gonna go after a vet QB to replace Brady then I'd prefer it to be Teddy Bridgewater rather than give up picks for Andy Dalton.

If Brady is gone then I’d welcome Bridgewater 100%, but I 100% do NOT want Andy Dalton.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to see Brady play his entire career for the Patriots.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Brady to SF, Garropolo to NE is gaining steam in the media. I’d take Jimmy G over any other free agent QB. Hoping Brady stays though regardless

• Options

of course its accurate bill is a douche nozzle

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Brady to SF, Garropolo to NE is gaining steam in the media. I’d take Jimmy G over any other free agent QB. Hoping Brady stays though regardless

jimmy G to NE brady stays and becomes jimmy's backup

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

If Brady is gone then I’d welcome Bridgewater 100%, but I 100% do NOT want Andy Dalton.

IIRC Brady's got around 13M in dead money which will make it tough for them to bring in any QB paid at market value right now which would be on top of that dead money.> @perkdog said:

I think that would be the 2nd best option here with Brady returning as option one.
    If Bill can pull that off it might lessen the backlash from fans for not retaining Tom. Either way this team still needs to go find some offensive weapons for whoever ends up starting week 1.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

IIRC Brady's got around 13M in dead money which will make it tough for them to bring in any QB paid at market value right now which would be on top of that dead money.> @perkdog said:

I think that would be the 2nd best option here with Brady returning as option one.
    If Bill can pull that off it might lessen the backlash from fans for not retaining Tom. Either way this team still needs to go find some offensive weapons for whoever ends up starting week 1.

Agreed, but the problem is if they sign Brady they won’t have much to spend on FA weapons correct? Plus BB already spent huge money retaining Mathew Slater 😂

• Options
    edited March 5, 2020 9:13AM

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

Agreed, but the problem is if they sign Brady they won’t have much to spend on FA weapons correct? Plus BB already spent huge money retaining Mathew Slater 😂

I've read that they have 44M in cap space and If they do re-sign Brady then that 13M in dead money will get dropped to roughly 6.5M then spread out over the next two years. You also know that whatever they pay Brady will have money that is pushed down the line as well.
    Between their cap space and owning five of the top 115 picks they have the ability to add players on offense. They also own all of their picks for the 2021 draft that BB can trade for players after this draft in April.

Are we really at the point that we're complaining about Matt Slater money these days? Most years he's getting paid not much more than the veteran's minimum and after Brady he's the next guy on the roster who is totally worth his contract with five 1st team/one 2nd team All-Pro seasons over the past nine years.
    Griping about BB paying the Antonio Brown/Demaryius Thomas/Ochocinco's of the world is warranted but a guy like Matt Slater isn't. The guy is the best special teams player in all of football.

• Options

Erik we are talking about Mathew Slater here, right wrong or indifferent a Special Teams only player is replaceable any way you want to cut it. I’m tongue in cheek about the Slater comments BUT I stand by agreeing with Bronco that it’s odd that BB makes it a point to keep him on the team year after year yet is playing games with Brady and will not go to the same lengths to get playmakers on offense for him. Those are facts, they really are

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Erik we are talking about Mathew Slater here, right wrong or indifferent a Special Teams only player is replaceable any way you want to cut it. I’m tongue in cheek about the Slater comments BUT I stand by agreeing with Bronco that it’s odd that BB makes it a point to keep him on the team year after year yet is playing games with Brady and will not go to the same lengths to get playmakers on offense for him. Those are facts, they really are

Lol he keeps Matt Slater on the team year after year because the team needs special teamers or would Pats fans prefer watching a superstar like Rob Gronkowski breaking his arm on en extra point attempt?
    Perk,I know that the Matt Slater remark originated elsewhere but this guy is a stud in the kicking game every single week and you know this.
    Belichick the GM deserves plenty of criticism for his questionable roster moves over the years and you & I have both pointed them out here numerous times with plenty of chagrin from the Bill Belichick Fan Club but in the grand scheme of things Matt Slater's contract will never be the reason why Brady isn't re-signed. That is nothing but Bronco's imagination running away with him ;)

Matt Slater's salary by year:
    2019 1.6M
    2018 1.2M
    2017 900K
    2016 1M
    2015 1M
    This is what is preventing NE from re-signing Tom Brady? :D:D:D

• Options

A legit gripe with Belichick is seeing that NE is paying Antonio Brown 4.5M & Michael Bennett 2M in 2020 when neither player will suit up for them once.

• Options

Slater is a key piece. No question.

BB needs a good off-season/draft to make things work. I continue to have faith that him doing this and Brady re-signing are both going to happen and also will bring about our best shot to win another championship this year.

• Options

he loves matt slater but still put gronk out on an extra point. Bill had no returner at all this year, before that it was lets put our best WR out there to return and get hurt.

Pay cordarelle patterson to protect those guys ? He would have but Patterson wouldnt kiss the ring I suppose

Bill gives money to any player willing to smooch his backside . He is a great coach but a shit GM and a mental patient

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    he loves matt slater but still put gronk out on an extra point. Bill had no returner at all this year, before that it was lets put our best WR out there to return and get hurt.

Pay cordarelle patterson to protect those guys ? He would have but Patterson wouldnt kiss the ring I suppose

Bill gives money to any player willing to smooch his backside . He is a great coach but a shit GM and a mental patient

Patterson ended up getting a 2yr/10M/5G deal and I think that that would have been an overpay for a special teamer/part time offensive player. He would have been the 2nd highest paid player on the roster out of the WR/RB/TE group behind Edelman. I think their plan was to eventually have Gunner OlaWhatYouMayCallIt be their return guy before injuries to their WR depth chart had him playing WR more and he ended up on IR.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    He is a great coach but a shit GM and a mental patient

Judging by his "signature" you may be right ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

2019 1.6M
    2018 1.2M
    2017 900K
    2016 1M
    2015 1M

thats not what he costs though , more like 2.5 mill. Not to mention bill the brainac paid nate ebner 2.5 million last year!

If slater is worth 2.5 mill how is the invisible man also worth that? Bill is an idiot.

Cut Brady so we can pay doug flutie in case we need to drop kick

when it comes to paying players bill is like the wimpy cheesburger plan , all here is a low salary and a goofy roster bonus and 17 stupid incentives we will glady pay you tuesday.
    now we have -13 million for the ghost of tom brady after he leaves. Stupid idiot pay people what they are actually worth , not cause they went to rutgers or navy or chip kelly is their uncle. Pay them a salary straight up salary and be done with it. Pay me this year to play this year Einstein

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

2019 1.6M
    2018 1.2M
    2017 900K
    2016 1M
    2015 1M

thats not what he costs though , more like 2.5 mill. Not to mention bill the brainac paid nate ebner 2.5 million last year!

If slater is worth 2.5 mill how is the invisible man also worth that? Bill is an idiot.

when it comes to paying players bill is like the wimpy cheesburger plan , all here is a low salary and a goofy roster bonus and 17 stupid incentives we will glady pay you tuesday.
    now we have -13 million for the ghost of tom brady after he leaves. Stupid idiot pay people what they are actually worth , not cause they went to rutgers or navy or chip kelly is their uncle. Pay them a salary straight up salary and be done with it. Pay me this year to play this year Einstein

You're complaining about 2.5M out of a 188M salary cap which his absolutely hilarious. B)

We get it already, you don't like Matt Slater but regardless of your opinion on him the NFL players thought he was the best at his position by voting for him on the All-Pro First team (for the 5th time in 9 years no less). Yet you wanted to overpay for the kick returner because he had that one return for a TD the season before lol.
    In case you might have missed it, Matt Slater had a return for a TD in 2019 too which probably led to some of those incentives getting paid,making All-Pro First team likely did too.

Prolonging this bashing of the guy because you think Matt Slater's contract is somehow going to prevent a Tom Brady extension is beyond laughable.

• Options
    edited March 5, 2020 1:47PM

@bronco2078 I get the anger you have for Belichick's use of the company checkbook but I honestly think you're aiming it all at the wrong player. Matt Slater is worth every penny that he's been paid, now if you really wanted to point at certain contracts then this is your list:

Now THAT money on this year's cap for players no longer in NE is definitely worth griping about.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

2019 1.6M
    2018 1.2M
    2017 900K
    2016 1M
    2015 1M

You're complaining about 2.5M out of a 188M salary cap which his absolutely hilarious. B)

We get it already, you don't like Matt Slater but regardless of your opinion on him the NFL players thought he was the best at his position by voting for him on the All-Pro First team (for the 5th time in 9 years no less). Yet you wanted to overpay for the kick returner because he had that one return for a TD the season before lol.
    In case you might have missed it, Matt Slater had a return for a TD in 2019 too which probably led to some of those incentives getting paid,making All-Pro First team likely did too.

Prolonging this bashing of the guy because you think Matt Slater's contract is somehow going to prevent a Tom Brady extension is beyond laughable.

Not because he had one kick return, but because Bill keeps putting the edlemans and amendolas out to return punts and they get injured .

I'm going to prolong a bit more.

I want Brady to leave anyway , I'm just sick of hearing about Bill the financial wizard not being sure Brady is worth 30 million when he spends like a drunken sailor on guys that barely get any snaps

• Options

If you think Matt Slater is great then explain Nate Ebner being paid the same as Slater. You can't Ebner played rugby or some foolishness and all former Rugby players get extra million bucks from bill apparently.

• Options

Michael Bennet is a good example though 2 million for a guy they wont give playing time and suspend then cut because he doesnt get along with some third level assistant coach who makes 12 dollars an hour

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    I'm just sick of hearing about Bill the financial wizard not being sure Brady is worth 30 million when he spends like a drunken sailor on guys that barely get any snaps

We definitely agree on that and I agree on Nate Ebner too. Are we all done with Matt Slater now or should we keep blowing up keets's notifications? ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:
    I'm just sick of hearing about Bill the financial wizard not being sure Brady is worth 30 million when he spends like a drunken sailor on guys that barely get any snaps

We definitely agree on that and I agree on Nate Ebner too. Are we all done with Matt Slater now or should we keep blowing up keets's notifications? ;)

I like Slater just fine , except for his weird helium voice. Bill is a great coach but he shouldnt be allowed to buy the damn groceries

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

What make's anyone here think that S.F. would even consider getting rid of Garropolo??

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    What make's anyone here think that S.F. would even consider getting rid of Garropolo??

It’s not us it’s the Sportswriters lol we are just posting off of the media chatter. None of us know

• Options

Big Bill better figure this out and fast because with the utter lack of offense and no idea who is going to be at QB at the moment it’s going to get real fast.

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

U mean Mr. Giselle Bundchen....