• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:
    The pats cant draft eric , tanking wont work.

Bill gets the first overall pick he trades it for a 7th rounder in 2025 and uses it on a punter

Belichick has done very well with his first round picks,you just choose to ignore that. He's only traded out of the first round entirely 2 times in 19 seasons and one of those two was a trade for Brandin Cooks.

We know that whoever was the draft guru left about 5 years ago . Plus since bill gets us busted for cheating all the time we dont get first rounders. we are waiting on the penalty for the latest incident lets assume that will make tanking pointless anyway

The draft guru you speak of,Scott Pioli,left in 2008 and if we're really giving him credit then he's to blame for Laurence Maroney in 2006 and Brandon "Big Bang Clock" Meriweather in 2007.
    BB has had the final say on draft picks since he came here,no one else. I agree he's got plenty of cringe worthy picks over the years (WRs & DBs in the 2nd/3rd round) but his first round picks for the most part have mostly been studs.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_England_Patriots_first-round_draft_picks

How many WR did he pass on to grab sony michel and then nyquil harry ? WR that were starters all over the league

Sony Michel was great his rookie season including the SB run where he averaged 100+rushing yards per game and 6 total TDs. Go ahead and point out horrible he was last season next to arguably one of the worst Offensive Lines in all of football.
    Harry? Guy got put on IR,with an actual injury no less, when NE's WR core at the time had Antonio Brown,Julian Edelman,Josh Gordon,Demaryius Thomas & Phillip Dorsett.
    You act like Brady would have clicked with just any rookie WR after Harry when outside of Deion Branch and maybe Malcolm Mitchell he's never played well throwing to rookies.

Im just saying the team is stupid.

They paid AB 10 million he and brady seemed fine together , then they cut him after one game and still had to pay.

If you have to pay a guy 10 million to play either one game or 16 how do you get that wrong?

Worried about bad PR ? Stop cruising the day spa circuit and filming sidelines .

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just read the statements by BB and Kraft. What a bunch of BS! If they thought so much of Tom and wanted him to retire a Pat.....why didn't they make it happen. This is a CRAPPY ending to a GREAT career of Tom Brady!!

What a couple of suck-wads are BB and Kraft!!

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

Bill gets the first overall pick he trades it for a 7th rounder in 2025 and uses it on a punter

Belichick has done very well with his first round picks,you just choose to ignore that. He's only traded out of the first round entirely 2 times in 19 seasons and one of those two was a trade for Brandin Cooks.

We know that whoever was the draft guru left about 5 years ago . Plus since bill gets us busted for cheating all the time we dont get first rounders. we are waiting on the penalty for the latest incident lets assume that will make tanking pointless anyway

The draft guru you speak of,Scott Pioli,left in 2008 and if we're really giving him credit then he's to blame for Laurence Maroney in 2006 and Brandon "Big Bang Clock" Meriweather in 2007.
    BB has had the final say on draft picks since he came here,no one else. I agree he's got plenty of cringe worthy picks over the years (WRs & DBs in the 2nd/3rd round) but his first round picks for the most part have mostly been studs.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_England_Patriots_first-round_draft_picks

nope I am not crediting him with up to 2012 . There was another guy that did those. Bill owns from 2013 on and that looks gross. How many WR did he pass on to grab sony michel and then nyquil harry ? WR that were starters all over the league

Why did you cherrypick 2012 when the guy you want to give all the credit to left four years earlier? You conveniently skip over McCourty,Solder,Hightower & Jones who had nothing to do with Scott Pioli or any other guy which is just false.
    If Pioli was so great then why did his time as a GM without BB last just three seasons? Go look at his draft picks during that time,outside of Eric Berry who was the #5 pick in the draft they all sucked. Your cynicism can be downright hilarious at times lol.

I never mentioned Piloi you brought him up. The Pats drafting just turned to crap after 2012 .I don't keep track of the nerds . They certainly began to suck after a certain point.

By the way the years of no pick cuz the league took it , those are all charged to Billy B

Wow dude,you're just whining for the sake of whining at this point. I'm done,keep going if you want.

You put the list up , every pick after 2012 sucks or was taken away. credit whoever you want with the picks up to 2012 . Something changed in 2013 and on and that guy Bill is still here

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2020 9:34AM

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

How many WR did he pass on to grab sony michel and then nyquil harry ? WR that were starters all over the league

Sony Michel was great his rookie season including the SB run where he averaged 100+rushing yards per game and 6 total TDs. Go ahead and point out horrible he was last season next to arguably one of the worst Offensive Lines in all of football.
    Harry? Guy got put on IR,with an actual injury no less, when NE's WR core at the time had Antonio Brown,Julian Edelman,Josh Gordon,Demaryius Thomas & Phillip Dorsett.
    You act like Brady would have clicked with just any rookie WR after Harry when outside of Deion Branch and maybe Malcolm Mitchell he's never played well throwing to rookies.

They paid AB 10 million he and brady seemed fine together , then they cut him after one game and still had to pay.

If you have to pay a guy 10 million to play either one game or 16 how do you get that wrong?

Worried about bad PR ? Stop cruising the day spa circuit and filming sidelines .

I agree but it is what it is at this point. We had to take the good with the bad and if you're just going to focus on all the negatives over the incredible SB run this team had for 19 years then I don't know what to say.
    I also agree the team gave Brady the shaft on how his Pats career ended but he deserves some of the blame for waiting until he's freaking 43yrs old to take a stand with the team BUT had he done it alot sooner who knows what could have happened at the time. He could have ended up in TB or wherever and this last SB run might not have ever happened.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

I agree but it is what it is at this point. We had to take the good with the bad and if you're just going to focus on all the negatives over the incredible SB run this team had for 19 years then I don't know what to say.
    I also agree the team gave Brady the shaft on how his Pats career ended but he deserves some of the blame for waiting until he's freaking 43yrs old to take a stand with the team.

If we were discussing a crime that would be described as victim blaming.

• Options

@bronco2078 After how hard you're taking today's news I really think you need this right now:

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing this has already been posted:

Yahoo Sports
    Tom Brady makes it official: He's leaving the Patriots
    Frank Schwab
    Yahoo SportsMarch 17, 2020, 8:50 AM EDT

• Options

Let me know if this is a cheat post thread yet or not?

I really need to get my post count up to 25k for various reasons.

+1

• Options

I just saw a suicide note from Paul.

Paul don't do it.

😉

• Options

It's always sad to see a QB who may be rated in the top 500 of all time, leaving his long time team.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Let me know if this is a cheat post thread yet or not?

I really need to get my post count up to 25k for various reasons.

+1

Since Keets is getting notifications on each post let's get this to 25K comments by dinner time.

• Options

Brady for president in 2024 - I might vote for him.

• Options

I've got an important question for Patriots fans.

Was Tom in that sitcom the "Brady Bunch" or not?

I never could find the answer to that on google.

• Options

Tom told me to tell everyone hello!

• Options

Except for Steve....who he doesn't like all that much!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    I've got an important question for Patriots fans.

Was Tom in that sitcom the "Brady Bunch" or not?

I never could find the answer to that on google.

You'll find the answer in the new book " The Way We all Became The Brady Bunch" by Kimberly Potts. Just finished it last week.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

I will say though that Steve is not all that bad. Just poor at choosing teams to be for.

• Options

This is FUN!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao! Brady's departure is nowhere near the level of ridiculousness that Lebron put his fans through on the way out the door.

the exception being the homers at the PCGS Sports Forum. you guys have been pissing yourselves like little puppies for over two months now, it's ridiculous. :p

• Options

There are a few flavors of homers tho pro brady pro bill pro pats in general .

With lebron everyone thought he was a douche .

It was all him ...

• Options

bronco, this thread is like that Bachelor show, with Tom Brady waiting for one of his "brides" to be chosen.

• Options

@keets said:
    bronco, this thread is like that Bachelor show, with Tom Brady waiting for one of his "brides" to be chosen.

One thing brady may have in common with lebron , he may end up in florida .

How does florida rate any teams or why a human would ever live there are 2 of lifes great mysteries

• Options
    edited March 17, 2020 11:57AM

@keets said:
    Lmao! Brady's departure is nowhere near the level of ridiculousness that Lebron put his fans through on the way out the door.

the exception being the homers at the PCGS Sports Forum. you guys have been pissing yourselves like little puppies for over two months now, it's ridiculous. :p

Pissing ourselves? I wasn't and that his hilarious coming from the guy that started an "I miss Lebron James" thread like he was a jilted lover who decides to send a drunk 2am text to his ex two years after he was dumped.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

like he was a jilted lover who decides to send a drunk 2am text to his ex two years after he was dumped.

i have done this so many times

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@keets said:

Pissing ourselves? I wasn't and that his hilarious coming from the guy that started an "I miss Lebron James" thread like he was a jilted lover who decides to send a drunk 2am text to his ex two years after he was dumped.

Yeah, but was she hot?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@erikthredd said:

@keets said:

Yeah, but was she hot?

Depends,do you care if her weave falls out mid-game? >:)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYAWWpg56m4

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Except for Steve....who he doesn't like all that much!

Tom doesn't like me because Gisele actually wanted me a lot more.

She often told me that guys with high post counts at the CU forum turned her on.

• Options

I just received an email from Perkdog pasted below:

"i cannot bear any longer the thought of Tom Brady leaving my beloved Patriots as I am his biggest fan. Therefore I've decided to join a monastery in Tibet, live the rest of my life with the Monks, and take a vow of celibacy. I bid farewell to all my CU friends and leave all my baseball cards and sports memorabilia to stevek."

• Options

Colin Cowherd is reporting that Brady will sign with the Bucs tomorrow.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

I think upon learning you listen to colin cowherd we all lost just a little respect for you :D

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

I think upon learning you listen to colin cowherd we all lost just a little respect for you :D

I don't listen to any sports talk radio.
    https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/colin-cowherd-was-told-tom-brady-signs-tomorrow-with-tampa-bay-618964.html

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

.> @stevek said:

I just received an email from Perkdog pasted below:

"i cannot bear any longer the thought of Tom Brady leaving my beloved Patriots as I am his biggest fan. Therefore I've decided to join a monastery in Tibet, live the rest of my life with the Monks, and take a vow of celibacy. I bid farewell to all my CU friends and leave all my baseball cards and sports memorabilia to stevek."

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    edited March 17, 2020 2:02PM

Honestly I’m OK. It’s not denial either, I now have zero expectations for the Pats and can actually relax and enjoy the season without stressing out. The Pats will always be my favorite team and Brady will always be my favorite player. All good 👍👍

• Options
    edited March 17, 2020 2:09PM

All Pat's fans should HATE & DESPISE BB and Kraft! Not keeping Brady until he retires is TOTALLY unforgiveable!!!!!

• Options

No offense to Tom Brady, I'm about as big a fan of his as it's possible for me to be of a non-Eagles player. But he should have simply retired.

I get it, he's still a young guy and he still has that desire to play and win. However he's not a young guy as far as being a football player is concerned. Football is a brutal sport as Tom Brady well knows.

Since Brady obviously loves the game, from a competitive standpoint he could get a job as a coach and enjoy trying to win championships that way. There would still be the camaraderie and joy of being on a team.

Sorry, but i have a bad feeling that Brady's venture on another team is going to end badly. Perhaps very badly, either thru injury or harsh boos from home fans for losing...and i hope i'm completely wrong.

• Options

He wants the all time passing yardage record.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

he's gonna be a Buc

idk about winning anything of consequence, but i do know his weaponry is about to go from a D to a B+/A-

he will put up very good numbers with Evans, Godwin & Howard

• Options

@perkdog said:
    He wants the all time passing yardage record.

I doubt he catches Brees……..especially since Brees is still playing also!

• Options
    edited March 17, 2020 5:06PM

@galaxy27 said:
    he's gonna be a Buc

idk about winning anything of consequence, but i do know his weaponry is about to go from a D to a B+/A-

How soon does Julian Edelman ask for a trade to TB? tonight,tomorrow morning?

edit: The TB Bucs...how soon do we see some new TB12 Bucs apparrel?

• Options
    edited March 17, 2020 5:08PM

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:
    he's gonna be a Buc

Probably as soon as Tom
    signs. AB will be all over Social Media asking for Toms hand too

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:
    he's gonna be a Buc

Probably as soon as Tom

That might be the nastiest passing offense ever if they could add those two.

• Options

Pasted:

Just 10 hours after announcing he would not be returning to the New England Patriots, Tom Brady found his next destination. TB12 is on his way to T.B.

Brady has an agreement in principle to join the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on a deal worth roughly $30 million per year, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday afternoon, per a source informed.

Brady's big move down south comes after a whirlwind day of speculation. Brady announced early Tuesday morning that he would not return to the Patriots in 2020 but a verbal decision on where the QB would land was not expected until Wednesday at the earliest.

• Options

Well.I said this earlier in this thread,that Bucs @ NE game in 2021 is going to be huge.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Pasted:

Just 10 hours after announcing he would not be returning to the New England Patriots, Tom Brady found his next destination. TB12 is on his way to T.B.

Brady has an agreement in principle to join the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on a deal worth roughly $30 million per year, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday afternoon, per a source informed.

Brady's big move down south comes after a whirlwind day of speculation. Brady announced early Tuesday morning that he would not return to the Patriots in 2020 but a verbal decision on where the QB would land was not expected until Wednesday at the earliest.

Pasted ?? ;)

Lets all pretend we work at some old timey newspaper

GREAT CAESARS GHOST!!

• Options

If I was Tom I would rather play for NE for 1M than TB for 30M!!!! How stupid!!!!!

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:
    he's gonna be a Buc

Probably as soon as Tom

Ya think? I hope it happens but Brady getting a 7th ring is irrelevant to me now, I would be happy for him but I want The Pats to succeed more so than Brady now. Although I meant what I said when I said I want Big Bill to fall flat on his face, 0-16 is too much I guess, I’d take a good old fashioned 4-12

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:
    he's gonna be a Buc

Probably as soon as Tom

Ya think? I hope it happens but Brady getting a 7th ring is irrelevant to me now, I would be happy for him but I want The Pats to succeed more so than Brady now. Although I meant what I said when I said I want Big Bill to fall flat on his face, 0-16 is too much I guess, I’d take a good old fashioned 4-12

I think Brady winning his 7th ring is the uiltimate Big Bill fail,i'd be absolutely rooting for him to win that.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:
    he's gonna be a Buc

Probably as soon as Tom

I think Brady winning his 7th ring is the uiltimate Big Bill fail,i'd be absolutely rooting for him to win that.

I agree 100% how I should have worded it was that now that Brady is not on the Pats I’m not stressing about the 7th ring like I would, for the Pats I mean. Yea if Brady gets #7 it would absolutely humiliate Big Bill 😂

• Options

so I guess all you guys will be changing your avatars to represent the Bucs now that your husband has left you at the altar. :p

• Options
    edited March 23, 2020 11:03AM

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:
    he's gonna be a Buc

Probably as soon as Tom

what bothers me is all these tv and radio people saying oh he should retire rather than play for a team like tampa bay :D

Are these people retarded? Oh I could get a contract for 100 million dollars but that city is simply beneath my dignity somehow :D

talk about your 1st world problems . Who turns down a 100 million dollars or whatever because the uniform looks goofy?

This is nonstop on the radio , oh gee Tom Bill is is a douche I'm with you but don't sink to that level of signing with Tampa Bay.

Like every sports pundit couldn't be replaced with a magic 8-ball , these no talent nimrods and insta experts are way to full of themselves.

As annoyed as I am at the constant TV internet corona news panic , I hope that it leads to massive layoffs and permanent changes to the useless media sports news and punditry industry.

Everyone go home people just look stuff up on the internet now we don't need any of you