Home Sports Talk
Options

Thoughts on Tom Brady.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    U mean Mr. Giselle Bundchen....

I don’t think she has as much to say about what he does regarding his career as some people think. I’m sure she wants him to retire but who knows.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom is staying. I know I keep saying this. I believe it. If he doesn't stay I will be shocked and disappointed.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Tom is staying. I know I keep saying this. I believe it. If he doesn't stay I will be shocked and disappointed.

Any chance we can get Vrabel busted for tampering? ;)
    Brady may be a free agent but Edelman isn't.
    https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/mike-vrabel-explains-facetime-call-with-tom-brady

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The fake news being planted by Bill bellidouche in the media this week is amazing

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just hope NE makes some kind of decision by September! :oB)

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    The fake news being planted by Bill bellidouche in the media this week is amazing

Bill may not actually be doing it but you just know his bobo Michael Lombardi is. I read an article earlier saying that Brady probably doesn't have as many teams interested in him as he thinks and I'll I could think of was the bobo was out doing his job.

• Options

I just can’t wait for this to just get figured out one way or another, I’m overly tired of all the opinions being thrown out there daily 🙄

• Options

As soon as Brady announces he is staying, we can start the new year NE thread....or maybe sooner :D

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    As soon as Brady announces he is staying, we can start the new year NE thread....or maybe sooner :D

Agreed.

• Options

We should know soon because the only way his 13M of dead money gets split in half over two seasons is if he signs an extension before free agency starts. If he re-signs after then they're paying the full 13M no matter what.
    All that money saved by getting a deal done in time can go towards paying Matt Slater a max contract. :D

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    We should know soon because the only way his 13M of dead money gets split in half over two seasons is if he signs an extension before free agency starts. If he re-signs after then they're paying the full 13M no matter what.
    All that money saved by getting a deal done in time can go towards paying Matt Slater a max contract. :D

or doug flutie with the drop kick

• Options

Pretty sure Tom will be in NE for 2020.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Pretty sure Tom will be in NE for 2020.

nope bill is a douche lowballing him so he has the cash to hire some family members to be ball boys

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vegas has the odds on favorite as Brady staying in New England, going to San Francisco, 4 to 1

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

Flutie! What a legend. BC legend. Patriots legend. Drop kick legend. CFL legend. I am a big fan.. B)

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

Flutie! What a legend. BC legend. Patriots legend. Drop kick legend. CFL legend. I am a big fan.. B)

Doug's biggest problem was that he couldn't see over the line! B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

Doug's biggest problem was that he couldn't see over the FOOTBALL!! B)

fixed the joke for you

• Options

I've seen numerous articles saying Tampa Bay would be willing to give him some control over the roster. I doubt Oakland would,Belichick definitely won't and I doubt Vrabel would but with TENN he'd have two legit WRs & stud RB so he might not need it. I haven't read to much into the Chargers interest in him and I just don't see the 49ers signing him when Garoppolo just got them to the SB.

• Options

I’m at the point where I hope nobody courts him in free agency. He is not going anywhere but setting up shop for teams to come to him? He wants part time GM duties? Screw him, he is my favorite plAyer of all time but nothing about that has anything to do with liking him on a personal level. I hope he gets made a complete fool of

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cant wait for this to all be over

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I’m at the point where I hope nobody courts him in free agency. He is not going anywhere but setting up shop for teams to come to him? He wants part time GM duties? Screw him, he is my favorite plAyer of all time but nothing about that has anything to do with liking him on a personal level. I hope he gets made a complete fool of

Has Brady responded to these reports?

They say he wants influence on personnel and play calling. These are two things I assume he has long had, even despite the anemic offensive weapons sometimes assembled. I took the reports of his demands being that he wanted to maintain what he already has.

• Options

@perkdog said:

it took a friggin pandemic to knock brady drama off sports talk radio , can we not go reviving it in here :D

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

BWB Bored with Brady.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

WEEI is reporting that the team offered Brady a one year deal at less money than he made last season due to his dead money cap hit is so high for 2020.
    I'm really starting to believe he'll be elsewhere this season and for Tom's sake I'm really hoping its with the Titans or 49ers. No other team,aside from NE, makes any sense for Brady if he really wants a legit shot at winning another SB this upcoming season.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    WEEI is reporting that the team offered Brady a one year deal at less money than he made last season due to his dead money cap hit is so high for 2020.
    I'm really starting to believe he'll be elsewhere this season and for Tom's sake I'm really hoping its with the Titans or 49ers. No other team,aside from NE, makes any sense for Brady if he really wants a legit shot at winning another SB this upcoming season.

so should brady have to take a pay cut because the team is stupid? Bill thinks he is a wizard with all the stupid salary garbage, restructure this push that ahead , do a roster bonus incentives blah blah.

Bill the genius engineered a 13 million dead cap hit and owes AB 10 million for 1 game .

Amazing math skillz there billy

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

so should brady have to take a pay cut because the team is stupid? Bill thinks he is a wizard with all the stupid salary garbage, restructure this push that ahead , do a roster bonus incentives blah blah.

Bill the genius engineered a 13 million dead cap hit and owes AB 10 million for 1 game .

Amazing math skillz there billy

I agree but this is what they've been doing with Brady for a very long time. It's just now they'll finally have to pay up because he likely won't be getting another 2-3yr deal where his guaranteed money gets pushed way down the line.
    We all raved about Brady for years adjusting his contract and freeing up cap space to help the team,this is a result of that.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

The good old salary cap.

The Vikings cut two starters on defense and could lose a couple more through free agency.

Cousins is going to have to put up some BIG numbers next year.

Maybe we can trade him for Brady?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:
    The good old salary cap.

The Vikings cut two starters on defense and could lose a couple more through free agency.

THE SALARY CAP SUCKS AND SHOULD BE DONE AWAY WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    The good old salary cap.

THE SALARY CAP SUCKS AND SHOULD BE DONE AWAY WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't suck just pay people real money and stop with all the creative accounting . It will sort itself out after a while.

If your QB wants 20 million and you only have 10 million then he goes. Thats all. If some other team fires 5 guys and gives him 20 million then you will win the game you play against that team.

Salaries will adjust .

Just straight salaries no roster bonuses no incentives , no deferred anything. Pay them like we all get paid.

NFL salary structure is a joke , offer a guy 3 and 60 then cut him after a year?

No just have real contracts . no creative accounting.

• Options

According to ESPN's Field Yates, Matt Slater and the team have agreed to a two-year extension, which will pay him similar to his last deal, which gave him $2.6 million per year.
    https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/patriots-rumors-matthew-slater-agrees-to-2-year-extension

Bronco's reaction ;)

• Options

is it 2.6 million a year tho? or .1 million per game roster bonus, some per tackle bonus blocked punt bonus +14$ an hour?

bill the math wiz

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    is it 2.6 million a year tho? or .1 million per game roster bonus, some per tackle bonus blocked punt bonus +14$ an hour?

bill the math wiz

most likely but every contract in the nfl has those type of incentives so it's really not just a bill the math wiz thing.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

bill the math wiz

most likely but every contract in the nfl has those type of incentives so it's really not just a bill the math wiz thing.

its the same crew that screws every musician and actor and whatnot. Oh your movie grossed 2 billion but we lost money on it you owe us actually.

Well ya your record went platinum but you owe use 68 million for the red m&m's you asked us to put in your dressing room

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

bill the math wiz

its the same crew that screws every musician and actor and whatnot. Oh your movie grossed 2 billion but we lost money on it you owe us actually.

Well ya your record went platinum but you owe use 68 million for the red m&m's you asked us to put in your dressing room

Are red m&m' s code for hookers & blow?

• Options

@erikthredd said:

I hadn't read this. Seriously?? If that's real they don't want him.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

If I was him I would take it, but I'm old school and believe in loyalty.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

Bend over and take one for the team Tommy?

thats not loyalty its stupidity

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

I strongly disagree! There is more to life than money. Besides Tom has all the money he will ever need and more! B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

I strongly disagree! There is more to life than money. Besides Tom has all the money he will ever need and more! B)

I don't know if that report is real, but he seems to want a multi-year deal to finish out his career.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

your position is that after 20 years he owes the team and should be forced to grovel in the dirt for a raise

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020 5:06AM

it's down to the Pats or Bucs

the thought of him finishing out his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is repugnant

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

the thought of him finishing out his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is repugnant

Brady in that Red suit would be very hard to watch!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

I like it , I'll be disgusted with him if he stays with the patriots. I may stop watching them . Fall sunday afternoons are a great time to be out and about I',m thinking

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

Here's the report I mentioned above:
    https://weei.radio.com/blogs/weei/tom-brady-rumors-patriots-only-can-do-one-year-deal

and here's one from Schefter today:
    https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/schefter-new-england-patriots-tom-brady-not-close-on-deal

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

I may stop watching them

ok glicker jr.

• Options

If Brady plays for anybody besides NE this year it will be a travisity!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

would someone please test this man for the coronavirus

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

would someone please test this man for the coronavirus

I know I misspelled a word ………. so shoot me!!!!!! Come on man! >:)