Home Precious Metals

The Never Ending FRIDAY Metals Thread!

Comments

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

First of 2020, Eagle -100 with bucks. 3 Buffs LCS in trade yesterday.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice gold to start 2020! :)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland .... That 1904 gold is a beauty..... Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    @asheland .... That 1904 gold is a beauty..... Cheers, RickO

Thanks Ricko!

Newp today!

• SimpleCollectorSimpleCollector Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it’s been a little slow for me with the holidays, and I probably should’ve let the price drop back down a bit...but this was at the LCS, he always sells to me between melt to melt +$1/oz...so I picked this up...first acquisition of the year

@SimpleCollector said:
    Well, it’s been a little slow for me with the holidays, and I probably should’ve let the price drop back down a bit...but this was at the LCS, he always sells to me between melt to melt +$1/oz...so I picked this up...first acquisition of the year

I have the 10oz Perth Mint. Very nice bar!

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get these at my LCS in their melt bin for melt. Any info would be appreciated.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

@cmanbb ... I like those gold 'nuggets'.... Cheers, RickO

@JohnnyCache

Interesting thanks!

• ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri would be interested in seeing those spoons and info on the jeweler. He collects stuff from Kalamazoo from what I remember.

@ShadyDave said:
    @Boosibri would be interested in seeing those spoons and info on the jeweler. He collects stuff from Kalamazoo from what I remember.

If he wants them they are his for a reasonable price.

@Boosibri if you would like the spoons please send me an offer.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks so much for thinking of me @ShadyDave. Kalamazoo is my hometown and I try to buy any interesting piece of history that I can find. Wortley wasn’t quite prominent and Main and Burdick would have been right dead in the middle of town. These spoons are quite common and full sets in pristine condition show up and sell for about $200. Probably not something in this condition that I would buy but awesome piece of local (to me) history.

@Boosibri said:
    Thanks so much for thinking of me @ShadyDave. Kalamazoo is my hometown and I try to buy any interesting piece of history that I can find. Wortley wasn’t quite prominent and Main and Burdick would have been right dead in the middle of town. These spoons are quite common and full sets in pristine condition show up and sell for about $200. Probably not something in this condition that I would buy but awesome piece of local (to me) history.

Ok then these are going to eBay. Any thoughts on the value for the pair in this condition?

Another one today :)
    Bought this gold filled pocket watch today for $50 at a pawn shop.
    It runs really well and keeps time. Seems like it was just serviced.

The exciting part is that after I got home I was looking at the chain it was attached to and it looks like solid gold! I acid tested it and it is indeed 10k solid gold :):p . 3.2g. of 10k so $66 scrap.

Great stuff this week!

New from today:

@Kliao ....Nice deal on the pocket watch.... and it looks like a nice watch as well....Cheers, RickO

• USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2020 9:44AM

Late this week:

ATB.. 5 ouncer

@asheland... I like the Scottsdale Mint, and have a couple of their products... a .45 cartridge, the Lions Head... and a Skull....I go out to Scottsdale to visit a buddy each year... and always forget to stop in their facility...Will make a note for next year. Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    @asheland... I like the Scottsdale Mint, and have a couple of their products... a .45 cartridge, the Lions Head... and a Skull....I go out to Scottsdale to visit a buddy each year... and always forget to stop in their facility...Will make a note for next year. Cheers, RickO

I wonder if they would let you tour the facility? Cool regardless! :)

Awesome finds @WildIdea - Where were you panning and do you happen to have any pictures of the mining equipment you used?

• Hey guys! anyone help me out with this? 555 grams roughly.. not in the best shape.. should i really be paying just above spot or think its got a bigger premium attached ?

@WildIdea said:
    I recently came across these photos and was reliving the experiences in my mind. From the hikes into the area and first realizing what I was onto and how it was an awesome footnote to everything else happening in life then. Each one of these pans shows a cleanup from one 8-10 hours of placer mining to physical exhaustion a very special plunge pool. It's always nice to see gold in your box before you even clean it out. Obsessed, I worked that hole for about a year until I was convinced I did what I could and it gave me what it wanted and moved on. I have yet to find another as packed or as exposed to the surface and reachable without heavy equipment.

That's awesome!

Gold panning/sluicing/MD'ing is great fun.... A real thrill when one sees 'color'....Cheers, RickO

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. How much did you end up getting from that hole.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2020 10:53PM

@cohodk said:
    Very nice. How much did you end up getting from that hole.

More than I deserve!

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received this a couple of days ago for my world gold collection.

@Downtown1974 said:
    I received this a couple of days ago for my world gold collection.

Nice coin. Made in Sydney Australia

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2020 2:59PM

Nice roll of fun! 1976 Austria 1000 Schillings .3906agw each!
    *Forgot to add; They can be found in multiple colors, from rose gold to yellow gold. Only one rose in this lot, top left corner.

@Downtown1974 said:
    Another nice poured bar asheland!

Thank you! :)

Today:

. >:)

• cmanbbcmanbb Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday's coin show.....

@cmanbb said:
    Yesterday's coin show.....

Superb!

Cheapest gold I’ve found in a while. My scale broke so I done know the weight as of now.
    3 pins all for $2
    1 10k
    2 14k

A little acetone goes a long way....

Acetone cleans up the organics really well... and for those who like tarnish, it has no effect on that. Cheers, RickO