Home Sports Talk
Options

Still hoping this good turn in events doesn't save Garrett's job.....I WANT HIM GONE!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep that rock moving...only 12 yards to go.

• Options

Only 8 yards to go.

• Options

7 yards to go.

• Options

Well at least they got a field goal out of it.

Giants leading 12-3

Can they hold the lead against the Cowpatties? That's another story.

• Options

Bad teams always find ways to blow games.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoopie........we are 1 point ahead of the hapless giants at halftime!

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER !! :s

• Options

Cowpatties trying to hand the Giants a win, but the Giants don't want to take it.

In all fairness, tough to win in the NFL with a rookie quarterback.

• Options

We have the players, but the coaches need to go! And if I was in charge.....next year when we play the giants there would be a BOUNTY on #71. He is a POS !!!!!!!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmmn I went to bed and woke up to a Dallas rout? Good job Dallas 👍👍

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear that Dallas is in negotiations to sign the cat.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Penalty on the professional kneeler Michael Bennett.

Although he finally didn't kneel tonight. I guess his knee was sore.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in NE he has been staying in the locker room for the national anthem as his form of protest.

The Cowboys, specifically Jerry Jones, do not allow national anthem protests. From what I gather from local media, that is a condition of playing here. So Bennett was present and standing during the anthem.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in NE he has been staying in the locker room for the national anthem as his form of protest.

The Cowboys, specifically Jerry Jones, do not allow national anthem protests. From what I gather from local media, that is a condition of playing here. So Bennett was present and standing during the anthem.

Ofcourse he did, when it comes to money these guys will make sure they don’t upset that Apple cart. If the NFL told these players they would get fined if they kneeled or owners said they will get cut you would not see a single kneeler. They are all frauds bottom line

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

Ofcourse he did, when it comes to money these guys will make sure they don’t upset that Apple cart. If the NFL told these players they would get fined if they kneeled or owners said they will get cut you would not see a single kneeler. They are all frauds bottom line

two thumbs up 👍👍

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

My comment regarding a "penalty" is out of context now.

When i stated "penalty" it was live during the game and Bennett had just incurred a penalty, i forget the infraction, holding or something.

i was just using the penalty as an excuse to express my general disdain for Bennett and the other kneelers.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Looks like a competitive NFC East with each team still to go against Pats.

• Options

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    Looks like a competitive NFC East with each team still to go against Pats.

I'm just glad we will be facing Brady instead of Anderson! ;)

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vikings/Cowboys Sunday night. Watch out for Dalvin Cook!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

We will have to have our A game going to win that one. The Vikes look tuff!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019 10:52AM

@DIMEMAN said:

@JoeBanzai said:

It will be interesting to see the Cowboy's offense and how well they can score against the Vikings defense.

I think a key to the game is getting Cook the ball. When the defense is forced to concentrate on him, Kirk Cousins can make a few plays. If Minnesota depends on their QB to win this game, I am worried. Cook has looked great this year after two seasons of being injured.

Vikings should try to get an early lead and make Dallas pass more, Elliot looks very good. I'll bet the cowboys are saying the same thing. "Get the lead and make Cousins beat you."

Cousins is over rated. He missed on at least four passes to open receivers against the Chiefs. One was a wide open Stefon Diggs, who got behind the defense, and looked to be a sure TD.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@JoeBanzai said:

It will be interesting to see the Cowboy's offense and how well they can score against the Vikings defense.

I think a key to the game is getting Cook the ball. When the defense is forced to concentrate on him, Kirk Cousins can make a few plays. If Minnesota depends on their QB to win this game, I am worried. Cook has looked great this year after two seasons of being injured.

Vikings should try to get an early lead and make Dallas pass more, Elliot looks very good. I'll bet the cowboys are saying the same thing. "Get the lead and make Cousins beat you."

Cousins is over rated. He missed on at least four passes to open receivers against the Chiefs. One was a wide open Stefon Diggs, who got behind the defense, and looked to be a sure TD.

You have Diggs & Cook and we have Cooper & Zeke...….should be interesting.

• Options

Can the Vikings step it up tonight?

• Options

@stevek said:
    Can the Vikings step it up tonight?

I hope not. That FG attempt was pitiful!

• Options

Great catch, but terrible D on those screen passes is what got that TD.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ‘boys have their blue jerseys on tonight. It could be long night, @dimeman1. ;) They are playing a contender tonight.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    The ‘boys have their blue jerseys on tonight. It could be long night, @dimeman1. ;) They are playing a contender tonight.

I don't know why they are wearing the blues. The home team gets to chose. Neither the D or offense showed up tonite.

I have seen enough and concede the game.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2019 7:04PM

Oh ye of little faith ... but I do like the way the ‘boys look in those handsome blue jerseys. :)

Maybe the Eagles will wear their white jerseys for Philadelphia home game and get the ‘boys in those gorgeous blue shirts. B)

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

I hate to sound like a broken record, but every year that Jerry keeps that useless DC and scumbag Garrett...…..he is wasting good years of Zeke and the others career.

we haven't come back to win from a 2 score down all year. We do not have the right people calling plays! This crappy play will continue until these changes are made.

• Options

Here it is half time. This is where coaches like Landry and Johnson makes adjustments and come out and win the game.

I don't know what goes on with Garrett...……..probably naps and then more of the same in the 2nd half.

I think I'm gonna PUKE!!!

• Options

Dak and the Cooper/Cobb duo is keeping us in this game! But someone needs to wake up the DC so he can give some direction. They have someone on the sidelines who's sole job is to keep Garrett awake!!

• Options

It would be nice to see just 1 stop.

• Options

This loss goes on who ever called those STUPID runs!!!!!! Garrett HAS TO FREAKEN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

My TV, internet, and computer has been down for hours. Not even the radio is working. Finally the internet came back on but it's strange, this is the only website that is working for me.

Anybody got an update on the Cowboys-Vikings game?

• Options

Cowboys probably up by 10 points or more right?

• Options

Me loves Jerry Jones, and Jason Garrett is fast becoming my favorite football coach of all time.

To show my support for Jason, i just bought one of his football cards, PSA 1 with mangled corners and a pinhole which sold on Ebay for 25 cents with free shipping.

I thought it might be a good long term investment.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Cowboys probably up by 10 points or more right?

Well Garrett does not have to worry about being suspended for running up the score.

• Options

Whoever said that piling on can't be fun? :D

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

did Zeke play tonight?

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    did Zeke play tonight?

Zeke wound up with a lusty 2.4 yards per carry average.

That's future Hall of Fame material.

• Options

I have NEVER in my life seen play calling that bad EVER!! Running the ball with less than a minute and your behind......REALLY!!

Garrett has to go. I don't give a $hit about the rest of the games. I'm not a supporter anymore until Garrett is GONE!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    did Zeke play tonight?

He wouldn't have gotten a 10th of the touches he got if I was play calling.

• Options

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2019 9:42PM

You paid this guy a zillion bucks to sign, he has to play better than that.

I can understand why they ran the ball...you want to run the clock down so if you score there is no time left for Minnestota to tie it up on a last second FG. The clock wasn't the issue. Execution was.

Prescott played well overall...nearly 400 yards passing. If you want to blame someone, blame Zeke. He has not played up to the level the Cowboys expected. He's already been fed apparently.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

advantage Philly

• Options
    edited November 10, 2019 9:42PM

@stevek said:

Damn I wish I had more time and more downs so I could run Zeke some more.......I think he has been doing good....anybody here know? I dozed off.

• Options

@grote15 said:
    You paid this guy a zillion bucks to sign, he has to play better than that.

I can understand why they ran the ball...you want to run the clock down so if you score there is no time left for Minnestota to tie it up on a last second FG. The clock wasn't the issue. Execution was.

Prescott played well overall...nearly 400 yards passing. If you want to blame someone, blame Zeke. He has not played up to the level the Cowboys expected. He's already been fed apparently.

Really? If you have no problem with they play calling.....you are an idiot! They played to stop Zeke leaving single on coverage receivers....so you pass! DUH! And that last series was just plain ignorant!

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭

It was very obvious to everyone but the Dallas play callers that the Vikes committed to stop the run at all costs. So the question is why were they still running with the game on the line when the receivers were running open all night long. My sincere thanks to the OC for making the calls to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!!!

• Options
    edited November 11, 2019 6:07AM

If egomaniac Jerry Jones wouldn't have so foolishly got rid of Jimmy Johnson, I think the Cowboys would be in double digit Super Bowl rings right now.

Thank you Jerry! Me loves you Jerry! :D

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    It was very obvious to everyone but the Dallas play callers that the Vikes committed to stop the run at all costs. So the question is why were they still running with the game on the line when the receivers were running open all night long. My sincere thanks to the OC for making the calls to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!!!

EXACTLY!! I'm glad someone else was paying attention. Thank you.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭

And as another observation, some of the calls for defense holding or PI were just terrible again. Getting to be a weekly occurrence.