Home Sports Talk
Options

Still hoping this good turn in events doesn't save Garrett's job.....I WANT HIM GONE!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    If egomaniac Jerry Jones wouldn't have so foolishly got rid of Jimmy Jones, I think the Cowboys would be in double digit Super Bowl rings right now.

Thank you Jerry! Me loves you Jerry! :D

You should love him. He must be romantically involved with Garrett. They both look like gay cabolaroes to me!

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    And as another observation, some of the calls for defense holding or PI were just terrible again. Getting to be a weekly occurrence.

If I would have been calling the plays....the Cowboys would have won by 2 TD's easy!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:
    If egomaniac Jerry Jones wouldn't have so foolishly got rid of Jimmy Jones, I think the Cowboys would be in double digit Super Bowl rings right now.

Thank you Jerry! Me loves you Jerry! :D

You should love him. He must be romantically involved with Garrett. They both look like gay cabolaroes to me!

Post of the Day

It's unanimous. 🤣

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

what i'd like to know is why Dalvin Cook was swapping jerseys with Zeke after the game

that's like trading a 52 Mantle for an 88 Score Buddy Biancalana

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    what i'd like to know is why Dalvin Cook was swapping jerseys with Zeke after the game

I was yelling all night to tackle Cook by the feet and legs not high arm tackles. Finally Vander guy got him by the feet and guess what.......he went down after a yard. PI$$ POOR Tackling all night by Dallas on Cook.

• Options

I won't be revisiting this thread again until Garrett is GONE!!!! I can't take anymore of his inept coaching!!!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:
    You paid this guy a zillion bucks to sign, he has to play better than that.

I can understand why they ran the ball...you want to run the clock down so if you score there is no time left for Minnestota to tie it up on a last second FG. The clock wasn't the issue. Execution was.

Prescott played well overall...nearly 400 yards passing. If you want to blame someone, blame Zeke. He has not played up to the level the Cowboys expected. He's already been fed apparently.

Really? If you have no problem with they play calling.....you are an idiot! They played to stop Zeke leaving single on coverage receivers....so you pass! DUH! And that last series was just plain ignorant!

The only "idiot" here is you ranting and raving as usual like a clueless lunatic anytime the Cowboys lose. You can almost set your watch to your ridiculous outbursts by now.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Well if it's any consolation, at least you're not a Giants fan.

The Giants lose today to the lowly Jets, and their star running back Saquon Barkley on 13 carries, gains 1 yard. That's not an average, that's total 1 yard rushing.

Must have been a helluva exciting 1 yard though. 🤔

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    I won't be revisiting this thread again until Garrett is GONE!!!! I can't take anymore of his inept coaching!!!

Plenty of football left. Not everyone can be the champ!

• Options

@stevek said:

The Giants lose today to the lowly Jets, and their star running back Saquon Barkley on 13 carries, gains 1 yard. That's not an average, that's total 1 yard rushing.

With 2 of the next 3 games against Washington and Cincinnati, things are looking up for Gang Green! B)

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

With 2 of the next 3 games against Washington and Cincinnati, things are looking up for Gang Green! B)

Considering the Jets are an AFC team, I don't mind at all sincerely wishing ya good luck.

The Giants on the other hand, as much as i respect the franchise and their fans, I can't say that i'm unhappy seeing them waddling near the bottom of the NFC East.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s like this. Jason Garrett only wants to make season more exciting for the Eagles’ fans. Why wrap up the title early and take all of the fun out it? There will be plenty of time to give the Cowboys’ fans a Christmas present and win the division.

Of course if his plans go awry, it could be one big mud sandwich because nobody in the NFC East is going to be a wildcard contender if this continues.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    I have NEVER in my life seen play calling that bad EVER!! Running the ball with less than a minute and your behind......REALLY!!

Garrett has to go. I don't give a $hit about the rest of the games. I'm not a supporter anymore until Garrett is GONE!

Famous last words ... We have heard this before.

If Stafford is out for Detroit next week, and the Cowboys beat them, you’ll be right back in the “cow punchers” wagon.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, old news. it's one thing to want a player replaced or a coaching change, it's entirely another to "quit" on the Team. as BillJones said, we've been here before. I wonder, do you also quit on family, friends and Country??

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    And as another observation, some of the calls for defense holding or PI were just terrible again. Getting to be a weekly occurrence.

The officials made some of the worst calls ever! Good thing there is replay or the Cowboys/officials would have won the game.

The call on the Vikings left tackle was really amusing he barely flinched and got called. I have noticed that offensive lineman are usually moving around a LOT now, and usually don't get called. Holding penalty on Smith that nullified a sack and hands to the face penalty shortly afterwards were both ridiculous.

Overall one of the more entertaining games I have seen in quite a while. I have been talking about Dalvin Cook all year. He looks GREAT!

Dallas play calling at the end of the game was mind bogglingly stupid!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

I was yelling all night to tackle Cook by the feet and legs not high arm tackles. Finally Vander guy got him by the feet and guess what.......he went down after a yard. PI$$ POOR Tackling all night by Dallas on Cook.

Dalvin has been doing this all year. He's the best back in the NFL right now in my opinion.

Your team got beat by a good team with a great running back.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

Dalvin has been doing this all year. He's the best back in the NFL right now in my opinion.

Your team got beat by a good team with a great running back.

Between him and McCaffrey I think

• Options

@keets said:
    yeah, old news. it's one thing to want a player replaced or a coaching change, it's entirely another to "quit" on the Team. as BillJones said, we've been here before. I wonder, do you also quit on family, friends and Country??

I didn't say I quit on them and you know it! They are not going anywhere until Garrett is gone. And keets I wouldn't bring up Country if I was you. Between us I am the one who is against kneeling for the NA and thinks it is wrong to burn the Flag! You seem to think it is OK! :o

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

I have been talking about Dalvin Cook all year. He looks GREAT!

but you're also the guy who was ready to toss his quarterback into the dumpster by his ear.....that is, until a fan of one of your archrivals talked you off the ledge and let you know that he's a better player than you give him credit for

since the Bears game: 15 teedees, 1 pick

• Options
    edited November 11, 2019 9:28AM

well, well, let's look at things...........................

I didn't say I quit on them and you know it!
    --- I don't give a $hit about the rest of the games. I'm not a supporter anymore until Garrett is GONE!

Dude, let me educate you --- that's called quitting on them. :p

And keets I wouldn't bring up Country if I was you. Between us I am the one who is against kneeling for the NA and thinks it is wrong to burn the Flag! You seem to think it is OK!
    --- OK, genius, find out where I said that was "right" and I'll apologize. what I have consistently said is that it "is their right to do so" which is a little bit different. you seem to be so self-righteous that it interferes with your comprehension and ability to accept when someone disagrees with you.

your misery comes through loud and clear. have a nice day and cheer up, it's only Football.

• Options

Oh it gives me such joy to see Cowboys fans hissed off.

Please, may Jason Garrett sign a lifetime contract to be the Cowboys head coach.

And long live Jerry Jones.

B)

• Options

@keets said:

--- OK, genuis, find out where I said that was "right" and I'll apologize. what I have consistently said is that it "is their right to do so" which is a little bit different. you seem to be so self-righteous that it interferes with your comprehension and ability to accept when someone disagrees with you.

*genius

• Options
    edited November 11, 2019 9:29AM

thank you, I stand corrected. while we're at it, Sherlock, did you disagree with anything in the post or just the spelling?? also, please correct any punctuation errors when they happen.

• Options
    edited November 11, 2019 9:45AM

Yeah...you know that Dime did not quit on the Cowboys. He is passionate about the game and about his team.

I envy that. I miss that. Decades of strikes and PEDS and kneeling players and dog killers took the fun out of professional sports.

Dimeman can look beyond all of that and still love the game. Kind of wish that I could...but i can't.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

I have been talking about Dalvin Cook all year. He looks GREAT!

but you're also the guy who was ready to toss his quarterback into the dumpster by his ear.....that is, until a fan of one of your archrivals talked you off the ledge and let you know that he's a better player than you give him credit for

since the Bears game: 15 teedees, 1 pick

Please refresh my memory on that.

I have always said Cousins has a nice arm, but the credit should be going to the running game. Cousins is what we have, he's NOT a great QB. If he gets time he's good.

• Options

When you said passionate did you really mean delusional?

;-)

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

When you said passionate did you really mean delusional?

;-)

Well, fan is short for fanatic.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Yeah...you know that Dime did not quit on the Cowboys. He is passionate about the game and about his team.

I envy that. I miss that. Decades of strikes and PEDS and kneeling players and dog killers took the fun out of professional sports.

Dimeman can look beyond all of that and still love the game. Kind of wish that I could...but i can't.

How can you look beyond Pat Tillman and Joe Delaney and all the heroes who have been involved
    in the game and just give up on it like you have?

• Options

@Darin said:

@Coinstartled said:

How can you look beyond Pat Tillman and Joe Delaney and all the heroes who have been involved

Darin, I hope this question is aimed at CS and not me. Everyone here knows how I feel about this.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@Darin said:

@Coinstartled said:

Darin, I hope this question is aimed at CS and not me. Everyone here knows how I feel about this.

Dimeman- yes it was aimed at coinstartled. Every day he lets us know he has lost interest in sports
    because of all the negative factors. All I want to know is why don't positive factors play into it?

• Options

What positive factors? Tillman was a hero. Looked up Delaney, he was a hero as well.

The fact that you had to reach back two and three decades is indicative of the cesspool that the NFL has become.

• Options

why are you fixated on cesspools??

• Options

Easier than typing dog pound.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2019 7:01AM

I am sticking with my prediction that the Cowboys win the division.
    Dallas has an amazing roster. They got too cute with the play calling there at the end. By cute I mean calling runs where they shouldn't. And Austin calling for the fair catch on the punt was crazy, even though it was probably pre-determined.
    I think their major flaw is possibly with defensive scheme.

edited spelling

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Dallas has an amazing roster. They got too cute with the play calling there at the end. By cute I mean calling runs where they shouldn't. And Austin calling for the fair catch on the punt was crazy, even though it was probably pre-determined.

edited spelling

I totally agree. The DC has to go. And Garrett has to go. They have the players, but need better direction. And running the ball with a minute to go is just STUPID. Especially considering it hadn't been working all night because the Vikes plan was to load the box and stop Zeke, which left single coverage on the receivers. I don't know what Grote is thinking saying that was the correct thing to do because it wasn't.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

edited spelling

I totally agree. The DC has to go. And Garrett has to go. They have the players, but need better direction. And running the ball with a minute to go is just STUPID. Especially considering it hadn't been working all night because the Vikes plan was to load the box and stop Zeke, which left single coverage on the receivers. I don't know what Grote is thinking saying that was the correct thing to do because it wasn't.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

edited spelling

• Options

Is it me or did Jon just repeat the exact same post three times in a row? 🤷‍♂️🤔

• Options

@perkdog said:

It's not you. My computer did that to me....sorry. :/

• Options

All good Jon! My iPhone has been acting up here big time lately.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

edited spelling

Grote knows more about baseball than almost anyone i've seen on the internet. And he knows more about unopened packs than anyone i've seen on the internet. I have learned a lot from him over the years about unopened packs which has been most appreciated, and I'd be sure many others here at CU feel the same way.

But Grote doesn't know chit about football. He thinks a left tackle is a football player who is a Democrat. ;)

• Options
    edited November 12, 2019 2:01PM

@perkdog said:

He's just trying to run up his post count.

Jon - when i mentioned to you that CU pays $5 per post, i was just kidding with ya. ;)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

It's not you. My computer did that to me....sorry. :/

Dime bought the first self driving computer.

• Options

@DIMEMAN is forgetting the historical ability of the Eagles to snatch failure from the jaws of victory.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2019 5:03PM

Yes, when my computer at home started acting up, I made it a girlfriend out of some household supplies. My computer hasn't acted up since.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

edited spelling

Grote knows more about baseball than almost anyone i've seen on the internet. And he knows more about unopened packs than anyone i've seen on the internet. I have learned a lot from him over the years about unopened packs which has been most appreciated, and I'd be sure many others here at CU feel the same way.

But Grote doesn't know chit about football. He thinks a left tackle is a football player who is a Democrat. ;)

I know that whenever Cowboys are losing Dimeman is sure to throw a temper tantrum and abandon ship LOL..

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

edited spelling

I know that whenever Cowboys are losing Dimeman is sure to throw a temper tantrum and abandon ship LOL..

FACT 😂😂😂

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

edited spelling

I've heard that Dimeman has broken at least two or three TV screens this season. ;)

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

edited spelling

It's not a temper tantrum........it's a displeasure in play calling by our inept HC. When you lose games because of it it really sucks. I didn't abandon ship.....I just won't take them serious until Garrett is gone. I have always been a Cowboy fan and always will be.

And the bottom line is Grote.......I really don't care what you think! ;)

• Options

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

edited spelling

I've heard that Dimeman has broken at least two or three TV screens this season. ;)

There is still one in orbit that NASA has to avoid when doing there space thingy! B) It's from the 80's on that day Montana was trying to escape a jail break of Cowboy linemen and tried to throw it away to avoid the sack, but his weak arm didn't get it high enough and Clark happened to be there! Joe had no idea what was going on in that play! Anyway it was a smaller TV. These big screen TV's are too hard to rip off the wall and throw. :)B)