Home Sports Talk
Options

Still hoping this good turn in events doesn't save Garrett's job.....I WANT HIM GONE!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    The Eagles will battling with the Giants for 3rd place in the Eastern Division, both with losing records.

Here’s a prediction for this game. Dallas 56, Eagles 21, and it won’t be that close.

Like I've said, Cowboys will win the division.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2019 6:22PM

The Eagles went from 1960 to 2018 between professional football championships. It might be that long again, at least as long as Wentz is the quarterback and this dumb ass is the coach. Wentz didn’t win anything, and this coach got lucky once.

After a Wentz hurt his knee, it was all down hill. It’s like the Chicago Cubs with Earnie Banks Banks. A great player before his knees went. Then he was a guy who could cover two square feet of the infield at first base ... just as Leo Durocher wrote in his book. The Eagle’s fans need to get over the Wentz spell. Foles took you to the promised land. Accept it, but he is now over the hill. Wentz is also over the hill. Eagles’ fans might need to wait another 40 years.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Cowboys are playing like they had a team meeting and decided to save Garrett's job.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dimeman's title changes knocked out Heritage's server.

:o

• Options

24 to 7, total slaughter. The Eagles team is dead. Wait until next year, or the next decade given the current management.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    The Eagles went from 1960 to 2018 between professional football championships. It might be that long again, at least as long as Wentz is the quarterback and this dumb ass is the coach. Wentz didn’t win anything, and this coach got lucky once.

After a Wentz hurt his knee, it was all down hill. It’s like the Chicago Cubs with Earnie Banks Banks. A great player before his knees went. Then he was a guy who could cover two square feet of the infield at first base ... just as Leo Durocher wrote in his book. The Eagle’s fans need to get over the Wentz spell. Foles took you to the promised land. Accept it, but he is now over the hill. Wentz is also over the hill. Eagles’ fans might need to wait another 40 years.

You nailed it Bill.

The Eaglet's were lucky to win that SB...both Wentz and the HC are very much over rated.

• Options

Is this FUN or WHAT!! A perfect Sunday!!

• Options

Man what was that Dak? A brain fart throw that's what. Prescott is still got a ways to go to reach elite status.

Hand 1 more holding call on the Dallas O-line might be detrimental to my TV!!!!!

• Options

Maybe Peterson will keep his mouth shut before a game from now on. He’s a third rate coach with a second rate quarterback, and he won’t come close the making the play-offs. He’ll keep his job for at least two more seasons because of the Super Bowl win. That’s the way it works with Philadelphia sports. I know because I have followed it since the early 1960s.

Back in the ‘50s, a Phillies manger got two shots at the job because the “Red Quakers” won the pennant in 1950 with him at the helm. He resigned the second time. The management didn’t fire him although they should have. After all he was there when they won in 1950.

• Options

Well....that was FUN. I always enjoy when the Eaglet's come to town. :)

• Options
    edited October 20, 2019 8:41PM

@DIMEMAN said:
    Well....that was FUN. I always enjoy when the Eaglet's come to town. :)

Not always ... One year the Cowboys managed to lose to Chip Kelly at home in the Thanksgiving game before the league figured out how to beat his one trick pony, all the time hurry up offense. He even slowed down his offense at the end of the game, which an amazingly perceptive move on his part, given his limited football mental capacity.

Sorry to be so cynical, but Kelly was one more example of a bone-headed coach who made life miserable for Eagles fans.

• Options
    edited October 21, 2019 8:41PM

Check out what the Patriots did to the Jets, at home, who beat the Cowboys last week. You might need that brick for the TV screen again. The Cowboys are at the bottom of the championship food chain.

The Cowboys are not going to be playing “the Beagles” every week, who lose in the first five minutes of the game. They will play some real contenders. As for “the Beagles, “ this season is going to be back to the dog pound. I wish that were not true, but “the Beagles” would be the “pound puppies” if they were not looking at the Giants and Redskins the bottom of their division.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

December 22, 2019 - Cowboys versus the Eagles at the Linc.

The Eagles will get payback!

Cowboys fans can now begin fearing that date.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    Check out what the Patriots did to the Jets, at home, who beat the Cowboys last week. You might need that brick for the TV screen again. The Cowboys are at the bottom of the championship food chain.

The Cowboys are not going to be playing “the Beagles” every week, who lose in the first five minutes of the game. They will play some real contenders. As for “the Beagles, “ this season is going to be back to the dog pound. I wish that were not true, but “the Beagles” would be the “pound puppies” if they were not looking at the Giants and Redskins the bottom of their division.

Bill, we will see. In our 3 losses 2 were by 2 points......Saints & Jets. The other GB by 10 and they are 6-1. In the 3 losses we were missing both OT's and half of our Receivers. Plus the bad play calls. I think we have the players when all are playing to cause anyone trouble. It's a matter of being concestant. And of course no injuries.....which happens to everybody.

• Options

@stevek said:

Steve I have NEVER feared the Eaglets. We beat you the year you got lucky and won the SB. By the way you can thank Bill B. for that for not playing everyone he could.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Steve I have NEVER feared the Eaglets. We beat you the year you got lucky and won the SB. By the way you can thank Bill B. for that for not playing everyone he could.

I'm just trying to be helpful to prepare Cowboys fans for the pain that day.

Best to just chalk-up that game as a Cowboys loss.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Thanks Steve....your are so considerate. B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Thanks Steve....your are so considerate. B)

BTW - I've calmed down a bit from being totally hissed off at that game.

I'd be remiss if I didn't offer congrats to Cowbows fans for giving the Eagles a butt whompin in that game.

But lots of season still to go yet. It ain't over 'til it's over. B)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought Steve and Jon had an avatar bet?

• Options

@perkdog said:

Jon released me from the bet for 10k.

That was nice of him, i would have paid more.

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

My price will be much higher ☝️😂

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

My price will be much higher ☝️😂

Oh chit. 😟

• Options

I won’t be too difficult as far as payment goes 💶💴💵💸💰💳

• Options

But Ofcourse I am talking about us making a deal before the game, I’m hoping to collect funds and canceling our bet with you thinning the Eagles will lose but really they will beat us no problem 😉😙

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I won’t be too difficult as far as payment goes 💶💴💵💸💰💳

Okay, I'll have to sell my house, my car, my furniture, everything else including my cards and coins...but Paul please, i'm beggin' ya, to meet your demand in full i'll also have to sell Fluffy my cat. You're not going to make me sell Fluffy are you? 🥺

• Options

Take the Cat Paul! :sB)

• Options

Fluffy is safe. I got a dog so that would be too much 😅

• Options

@perkdog said:
    But Ofcourse I am talking about us making a deal before the game, I’m hoping to collect funds and canceling our bet with you thinning the Eagles will lose but really they will beat us no problem 😉😙

We may as well make the deal now because i don't think the Patriots are ever going to lose another football game again.

I'm talking thousands of years from now...19-0 seasons, year after year after year.

When the Patriots come to the Linc later on this season, i'll consider it a successful game if the Eagles can keep the Patriots from scoring under triple digits.

• Options

Not to mention Fluffy would actually eat our dog. Say hi to Phoebe 😂

• Options

• Options

Hi Phoebe.

Cute dog. :)

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

did you mean to post all those thumbnails?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    did you mean to post all those thumbnails?

I didn’t even think about it, nor do I care. If someone wants to creep on them go for it

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats cool :D I just meant they get stuck at the bottom of a pic sometimes , if you didn't view the post after you might not notice

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2019 11:59AM

@BillJones said:

This should help me get over the Rams giving up 14 first round draft picks for** Goof**.

But it doesn't. :#

• Options

Michael Bennett added to the defense might be a good fit.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

I just saw that. What's up with that? @perkdog can you chime in?

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    I see who the Zebra's want to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang, too bad Dallas had to dominate that game. Was really looking like we had
    a chance at some all time classic material from dimeman.

• Options

Giants, Giants...Rah Rah Rah.

:|

• Options

OH NO ! :o We are wearing our BLUEIES!! It's going to be an up hill battle! Here comes 4-4! :s

• Options

Punch it in Giants...................

• Options

TD - That's good!

Misses the extra point. Pathetic.

Giants leading 9-3...by default? LOL

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe Dallas doesn't like that stadium!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Come on Dak. Throw some more picks. You can do it.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

I just saw that. What's up with that? @perkdog can you chime in?

All I know is he was upset about his role, he wanted more playing time I guess and argued with staff and got benched or suspended for 1 game and then all of a sudden he was just given away to you guys. Really it wasn’t a big story so not 100% sure other than what I just posted

• Options

That's the way to do it Cowpatties - a lost fumble is as good as a pick. LOL

• Options

One thing I’ve noticed is Dak doesn’t check down and throw it to Zeke much this season, Zeke caught a ton of balls last year and it seemed to be very effective

• Options

I hope Dallas wins, I HATE the G Men 🙄

• Options

Penalty on the professional kneeler Michael Bennett.

Although he finally didn't kneel tonight. I guess his knee was sore.

• Options

Go Giants - Keep moving that rock.