Home Sports Talk
Options

Still hoping this good turn in events doesn't save Garrett's job.....I WANT HIM GONE!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    Have a question about something that happened multiple times in the last 2 minutes. Dallas with the ball, completes a pass inbounds, but a penalty is called. Ball comes back but clock remains stopped. I thought they changed the rule so that the clock would start immediately, or there be a 10 second runoff, or the O had to call a TO to keep the clock stopped. Anyone????

I realized after reading your question that I am not entirely sure of the exact rules and I will probably try to do some studying. :D

I watched the game but I had the sound off as I was multi tasking and don't remember the sequence of plays and penalties.

The runoff , I believe, is only in the last minute of each half and would require certain circumstances, maybe an offensive penalty that is accepted. Not sure.

But if someone else has a link to the exact rules I want to know too.

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    the Vikings are going to sweep the East, 2 down, 2 to go

The Vikings are looking much better the last couple of weeks.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, I know Delvin Cook is one of the best running backs in the league, but they have 2 good receivers and 2 good tight ends not to mention Delvin Cook coming out of the backfield. they do much better when the running, throwing is balanced

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    yeah, I know Delvin Cook is one of the best running backs in the league, but they have 2 good receivers and 2 good tight ends not to mention Delvin Cook coming out of the backfield. they do much better when the running, throwing is balanced

The offensive line is getting better. A healthy Cook is NICE!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't put a nickel on the Cowboys against anybody. Unless they make some changes I can see them losing the next 10 games. And if that is what it takes for Jerry to make the changes I hope it happens!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Well the Cowboys finally played 2 real teams and the out come was pretty much expected. Better hold on to the Lombardi trophy for a few more weeks and Jerry May have had the right idea holding on to that $40M for Dak. After The Jets the Cowboys start playing real teams again and 1-5 is a real possibility. Sorry Cowboys fans I warned you not to put too much into 3-0 against teams combined with 2 wins.

I guess I doubted the Jets. Now the Cowboys start a grueling 9 game stretch. Philly twice, Minnesota, Chicago, New England, Buffalo and Detroit. All teams with winning records which the Cowboys have failed to beat this year. Heck even the Giants game looks troubling after yesterday. Jason Garrett has coached his last season with the Cowboys, if he lasts that long.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

someone please tell me that game didn't slide by without a wager of some sort?

where is the live feed of dime making daiquiris at grote's house and scrubbing his feet with a pumice stone?

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@JRR300 said:
    Have a question about something that happened multiple times in the last 2 minutes. Dallas with the ball, completes a pass inbounds, but a penalty is called. Ball comes back but clock remains stopped. I thought they changed the rule so that the clock would start immediately, or there be a 10 second runoff, or the O had to call a TO to keep the clock stopped. Anyone????

I realized after reading your question that I am not entirely sure of the exact rules and I will probably try to do some studying. :D

I watched the game but I had the sound off as I was multi tasking and don't remember the sequence of plays and penalties.

The runoff , I believe, is only in the last minute of each half and would require certain circumstances, maybe an offensive penalty that is accepted. Not sure.

I thought it was the last 2 minutes of each half. If my memory serves me correctly, Dallas had the ball in the red zone, about 1:35 on the clock. They throw a short pass, gain about 5 yards, receiver tackled inbounds. Flag on the play. Offensive holding, replay down. 1:31 now on clock, clock stopped. Same thing happens on the very next play. Announcers never said anything about this either.

Anyone else here remember this sequence and have a better knowledge of the rule regarding clock stoppage?

• Options

@2dueces said:

@2dueces said:
    Well the Cowboys finally played 2 real teams and the out come was pretty much expected. Better hold on to the Lombardi trophy for a few more weeks and Jerry May have had the right idea holding on to that $40M for Dak. After The Jets the Cowboys start playing real teams again and 1-5 is a real possibility. Sorry Cowboys fans I warned you not to put too much into 3-0 against teams combined with 2 wins.

I guess I doubted the Jets. Now the Cowboys start a grueling 9 game stretch. Philly twice, Minnesota, Chicago, New England, Buffalo and Detroit. All teams with winning records which the Cowboys have failed to beat this year. Heck even the Giants game looks troubling after yesterday. Jason Garrett has coached his last season with the Cowboys, if he lasts that long.

It's not the players. They are good enough. It didn't help that half the O-line was out. It's the play calling and Garrett needs to go. He should have never been the HC. He must have naked pictures of Jerry's wife. They won't win another game with the current coaching.

• Options

@JRR300 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@JRR300 said:

I thought it was the last 2 minutes of each half. If my memory serves me correctly, Dallas had the ball in the red zone, about 1:35 on the clock. They throw a short pass, gain about 5 yards, receiver tackled inbounds. Flag on the play. Offensive holding, replay down. 1:31 now on clock, clock stopped. Same thing happens on the very next play. Announcers never said anything about this either.

Anyone else here remember this sequence and have a better knowledge of the rule regarding clock stoppage?

Clock always stops on a penalty.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

I beg to differ; they changed the rule so that when the offensive team commits a penalty and the clock is running, there is a time penalty as well, whether it be a 10 second runoff or they get charged a time out to save that time. It also happens when a player is hurt in the last two minutes. I just don't know the particulars...if there is some type of exception that happened in this case.

• Options

@JRR300 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I beg to differ; they changed the rule so that when the offensive team commits a penalty and the clock is running, there is a time penalty as well, whether it be a 10 second runoff or they get charged a time out to save that time. It also happens when a player is hurt in the last two minutes. I just don't know the particulars...if there is some type of exception that happened in this case.

I thought we were talking about the PI's called on the Jets. Yes, I think you are correct on the offense penalty. There is a clock run off under certain times and conditions. I personally don't know what they are.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

The most important thing is that we all agree that the Cowboys suck.

I really like it on Sports Talk when there is total harmony on a subject. B)

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

where is the live feed of dime making daiquiris at grote's house and scrubbing his feet with a pumice stone?

Grote didn't show up until the Jets were beating Dallas. Kind of a fair weather token appearance. LOL.

• Options

@stevek said:
    The most important thing is that we all agree that the Cowboys suck.

I really like it on Sports Talk when there is total harmony on a subject. B)

And actually coaching that could be fixed. That and injured players back. Weather this is done or not is doubtful.....unless Jerry really gets PI$$ED. He has dug this hole for himself by running Jimmy Johnson away. It's hard telling how many SB's we would have now if not for that stupid move.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jimmy Johnson ? that was 20 years ago !

• Options

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:

Grote didn't show up until the Jets were beating Dallas. Kind of a fair weather token appearance. LOL.

I wouldn't have bet on the game anyway. The 92-95 Cowboys were the only teams I bet on......and made money! Those days are gone and will NEVER return!

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    Jimmy Johnson ? that was 20 years ago !

Yes....what's your point? Landry was a top HC for 28 years!

• Options

You are living in the past man , 20 years ago Jason Garret wasn't even born. And Jerry jones was turning 90

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    You are living in the past man , 20 years ago Jason Garret wasn't even born. And Jerry jones was turning 90

Jimmy could still coach.
    Garrett wasn't even a good QB and is a terrible HC.
    I will give Jones credit for building the best SB team ever! No team comes close to the 92-95 Cowboys.

• Options

garrett is a ginger , maybe jerry is color blind?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    garrett is a ginger , maybe jerry is color blind?

Like I mentioned before Dallas will never be a contender until the coaching staff is replaced with people who know what they are doing. Case closed!

• Options

outside of Bill B , there are only a handful of halfway decent coaches . There aren't any spares for them to replace garret with.
    #1 Bellichek

3 Pete Carroll

7 Rams idiot

9 Andy (what time is it?) Reed

17 Golf visor guy

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    outside of Bill B , there are only a handful of halfway decent coaches . There aren't any spares for them to replace garret with.
    #1 Bellichek

3 Pete Carroll

7 Rams idiot

9 Andy (what time is it?) Reed

17 Golf visor guy

The thing is there are people out there that know football that we are not even aware off. No way I want somebody like Jay Gruden! What a loser he is!

• Options

Gruden may be alright , no one can succeed in washington , the worst franchise in the league with the stupidest owner

• Options
    edited October 14, 2019 6:58PM

@bronco2078 said:
    Gruden may be alright , no one can succeed in washington , the worst franchise in the league with the stupidest owner

Have to disagree with you there. Gruden is as bad or worse than Garrett. I would take his brother Jon. I know you don't like him, but he knows football and could win with the players Dallas has.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to be an expectation each season that the Cowboys will be a contender. Maybe it is the billion dollar stadium or the ever hot cheerleaders. other than a curiosity, they have not been a factor to anyone who cannot legally buy a drink.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2019 9:15PM

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:

Fair weather fan? That's pretty hard to do when the weather is always cloudy, LOL..

Then again, your last Super Bowl was only a year after ours, so it could be worse..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2019 10:44PM

@2dueces said:

@2dueces said:

The way the unpredictable NFL goes, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas as an underdog, defeat a few of those teams.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

The media still plays it up like Dallas is the Yankees of the NFL, it’s a joke. They expect Dallas to be a contender every year, those days are long gone. Dak is making his case for someone you don’t want to sign long term for over a hundred million but Jones will pay him and keep Garrett and going forward the ‘Boys will be just Boys.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@2dueces said:

@2dueces said:

The way the unpredictable NFL goes, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas as an underdog, defeat a few of those teams.

Of course they will. No team is as good or bad as their last game.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can’t lay it all in the coach when someone else is picking the players. Bill Parcels once made a comment about “picking the groceries.” As much as I disliked his tendencies to abandon teams at key moments, he had a point. If the front office picks losers to play for a team, the team goes nowhere.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:

Fair weather fan? That's pretty hard to do when the weather is always cloudy, LOL..

Then again, your last Super Bowl was only a year after ours, so it could be worse..

Yeah 50 years between Super Bowl appearances really sucks. :'(

• Options

@Darin said:

@grote15 said:

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:

Yeah 50 years between Super Bowl appearances really sucks. :'(

I can't imagine...…..24 years is bad enough!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2019 6:01PM

All I know is that it had better not be 50 years from now posting on here and still waiting for another Super Bowl win for the Eagles.

That would really hiss me off something fierce.

• Options

@stevek said:
    All I know is that it had better not be 50 years from now posting on here and still waiting for another Super Bowl win for the Eagles.

That would really hiss me off something fierce.

You will be lucky to get one by then.

• Options

I am looking for a “humming bird” performance from the Eagles tonight. The stupid Eagle’s coach called for a “guaranteed win.” That is never a good thing to say.

Maybe you will change you title tonight, @DIMEMAN.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    I am looking for a “humming bird” performance from the Eagles tonight. The stupid Eagle’s coach called for a “guaranteed win.” That is never a good thing to say.

@BillJones said:

The eagles coach guaranteeing a win is the dumbest thing since the Cardinals baseball coach went on an
    expletive laced post game rant, I believe when they beat the Braves. Bragging about how they could whip
    anyone etc. Then they go out and get absolutely crushed by the Nationals.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone that guarantees a Win is a complete idiot, why be so pompous? The Pats are not for everyone but as good as they have been over the years you will never hear Brady or Bellichick doing something that stupid.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2019 5:15PM

Worked for broadway joe, bust that was half a century ago.

Harbaugh's Finest Hour shtick on Saturday didn't work all that well either as he needed 90 minutes.

• Options

I saw something very disturbing on NFL.com. Steven Jones says there is no chance in a coaching change for the Cowboys. It that is true we are in trouble......deep trouble!

• Options

Nice use of a challenge by the Eaglet's! :)

• Options

Fumble on the first play ... I told you. The “humming birds” are playing tonight.

Bad news for Dimeman. Garrett is the coach for next 30 years.

Touchdown!!

Maybe the Cowboys are playing the love bugs tonight. For those who don’t live in the south, love bugs are seasonal insects who mate, fly around for a while and die after a few hours or slam into a car.

This Eagles coach is the pits. After the Super Bowl, he had lost all of the brains and talent he ever had.

• Options

Ruffing...….BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

ANOTHER BS CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Options

I see who the Zebra's want to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Well, the REF's got the Eaglet's a TD. WTG! That is the WORST group of bad calls I have seen in a while! :s

• Options

@Dimeman stop vascillating. Just choose a title. I suggest 'How bout them Cowboys 2019'. That should cover things good or bad. :D

• Options

The Eagles will battling with the Giants for 3rd place in the Eastern Division, both with losing records.

Here’s a prediction for this game. Dallas 56, Eagles 21, and it won’t be that close.