Home Sports Talk

Still hoping this good turn in events doesn't save Garrett's job.....I WANT HIM GONE!!!!!!

1101112131416»

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Can't be sure now if Dime is happy with the loss as it puts the squeeze on Garrett or displeased as the Cowboys will all jet off in a week for a Dominican Republic holiday.

Just so Garrett is gone!

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2019 5:22AM

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:
    Can't be sure now if Dime is happy with the loss as it puts the squeeze on Garrett or displeased as the Cowboys will all jet off in a week for a Dominican Republic holiday.

Just so Garrett is gone!

He MIGHT have to lose to the Redskins combined with an Eagles loss to the Giants. It’s hard to let a guy go who won the division, but I would say that he is three-quarters of the way down the shaft.

If the Eagles beat the Giants, he should be gone, but who knows how Jerry Jones’ mind works! If the Cowboys manage to lose to the Redskins, the Dallas fans will be out with torches and pitchforks.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    News flash - Jerry Jones just signed Jason Garrett to a lifetime contract.

I guess Dimeman will have to put a hit on him.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2019 10:09AM

the Cowboys are a gutless, spineless bunch. a personnel mismatch for the ages and they got punked by a decimated Philly team. instead of exploding out of the gates like greyhounds in the biggest game of the season, they played like an extension of their lame duck head coach -- no emotion, no vigor. Zeke & Amari tapping out prior to some of the most vital plays of the game is something my mind cannot process. can you imagine Jim Brown doing that?

tossing Garrett in the dumpster like yesterday's garbage should have happened 7 years ago. but even when it does finally happen in early 2020, the Cowboys will still be owned by a man who is proficient at making money, but doesn't have a clue when it comes to obtaining trophies.

@galaxy27 said:
    the Cowboys are a gutless, spineless bunch. a personnel mismatch for the ages and they got punked by a decimated Philly team. instead of exploding out of the gates like greyhounds in the biggest game of the season, they played like an extension of their lame duck head coach -- no emotion, no vigor. Zeke & Amari tapping out prior to some of the most vital plays of the game is something my mind cannot process. can you imagine Jim Brown doing that?

tossing Garrett in the dumpster like yesterday's garbage should have happened 7 years ago. but even when it does finally happen in early 2020, the Cowboys will still be owned by a man who is proficient at making money, but doesn't have a clue when it comes to obtaining trophies.

I agree to most of this, but he (Jerry) does have 3 SB trophies. Thanks to Jimmy Johnson.His biggest mistake was forcing Johnson out by not STFU.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

The interesting thing may be will Jones hire a head coach actually more of a "yes man" and have even less talent than Jason Garrett?

@stevek said:
    The interesting thing may be will Jones hire a head coach actually more of a "yes man" and have even less talent than Jason Garrett?

I don't think that is possible.

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

I agree to most of this, but he (Jerry) does have 3 SB trophies. Thanks to Jimmy Johnson.His biggest mistake was forcing Johnson out by not STFU.

If Jimmy Johnson would have remained at the helm, i have no doubt that he would have won at least five or more Super Bowls for the Cowboys.

Jones letting Jimmy Johnson go is truly one of the worst sports team owner blunders in modern sports history.

edited December 25, 2019 4:30PM

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

If Jimmy Johnson would have remained at the helm, i have no doubt that he would have won at least five or more Super Bowls for the Cowboys.

Jones letting Jimmy Johnson go is truly one of the worst sports team owner blunders in modern sports history.

That worked out to Eagle’s benefit. We probably got our first Super Bowl as a result.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@stevek said:

As I remember it, Jones brought Garrett in as a temporary coach until he could find a permanent replacement. Garrett won some games which convinced Jones to make it permanent.

Not sure if this is officially a cheat post thread or not, but i thought i'd get one in anyway.

+1

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

A meaningless rout vs a poor Redskisn team is not (or should not) have any impact on Jones' decision.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

I totally agree!

@grote15 said:
    A meaningless rout vs a poor Redskisn team is not (or should not) have any impact on Jones' decision.

Garrett will be gone as head coach. That's a given.

Whether or not Jones personally likes Garrett so much that he places him into some semi-meaningless front office position, remains to be seen. Jones the businessman might figure that a clean break is best.

The Dallas win was like stabbing the wounded. The Cowboys beat one team with a winning record this year.