Home Sports Talk
Options

Still hoping this good turn in events doesn't save Garrett's job.....I WANT HIM GONE!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the most active inactive thread that i've ever seen. 🤔

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least he got the Cowboys past the first round of the playoffs...once.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

romo was saddled with Jerry Jones too :s

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2019 12:28PM

Jerry giving high fives after the first score, walking out with 1:34 left. Classic.
    How many close up shots of Jason Garrett is required per game. 30-40?
    Highest rated thanksgiving day game in 27 years and highest rated program since the Super Bowl.
    NFL schedulers picked the Bills, slated to be 3-8 coming in so the Cowboys could have a roll over and Cowboys fan could digest their turkey.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

really, I think you have things backwards, Dimeman.

A high percentage of the time.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am going to quadruple down on my opinion that Dallas wins the division.

They are thisclose to being really, really, really good.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

They could win out, but they won't. They have the players, but not the coaching to do anything special. Even if they win the Division and thus make the playoffs. I am afraid it will be a one and done.

@thisistheshow said:

• Options
    edited December 2, 2019 6:49PM

@DIMEMAN said:
    They could win out, but they won't. They have the players, but not the coaching to do anything special. Even if they win the Division and thus make the playoffs. I am afraid it will be a one and done.

@thisistheshow said:

That should be fine with you. You don't want Garrett, right? It's SB or bust per the most recent Jerry comments. Besides, it will be good for them to get playoff experience, and winning at least one game will build confidence.

Edit to add: You need to change the thread title again if you are going to be commenting @DImeman :D

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

That should be fine with you. You don't want Garrett, right? It's SB or bust per the most recent Jerry comments. Besides, it will be good for them to get playoff experience, and winning at least one game will build confidence.

Edit to add: You need to change the thread title again if you are going to be commenting @DImeman :D

Sure as a die hard Cowboy fan I would love to see the Cowboys win out and win another SB, but I have to be realistic. That will not happen with our coaching staff. I have seen all the teams play now and their are teams out there playing much better than Dallas.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

The NFC East has a combined record of 16-32. Are they really THAT bad?

No, they're worse. That 16-32 (.333) record includes the games where one of these hapless teams has beaten another of these same hapless teams. Take those games away - I mean when one NFC East team plays another, it's not really football, is it? - and the NFC East's record against actual football teams is 10-26 (.278) and the actual football standings look like this:

Eagles: 4-6
    Redskins: 3-6
    Cowboys: 2-6
    Giants: 1-8

I don't know if there has ever been a division as totally inept in NFL history, but I challenge anybody to find one.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options

@dallasactuary you are precious. A win is a win. You can't take away wins within the division. If you did that to all other teams …….. it would change their record as well!

Nice try, but no Cigar. ;)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    @dallasactuary you are precious. A win is a win. You can't take away wins within the division. If you did that to all other teams …….. it would change their record as well!

No feces, Sherlock. And you know what? Taking away division games always takes away the same number of wins and losses. And when you do that to a division that isn't craptastic like the NFC East, it shows you that the teams in that division are even better than their records indicate. Do it to the NFC West, for example, and their record improves from 29-17-1 (.628) to 22-10-1 (.692). The NFC West only appears to be .295 better than the NFC East, when in fact they're .404 better than the NFC East.

The 2019 NFC East is the worst division in the history of the NFL. That's my contention, but I haven't researched it; you are welcome to propose a division that is worse. Good luck.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dallasactuary said:

The 2019 NFC East is the worst division in the history of the NFL. That's my contention, but I haven't researched it; you are welcome to propose a division that is worse. Good luck.

Evidenced by a 600 post thread with the OP demanding that the head coach of the division leader be shoved out the door.

In Detroit...we would have been chilling the champagne.

• Options

There have been some NFL divisions in the past of which all the teams finished with losing records.

The current NFC East may be the worst division in NFL history. However to spend time attempting to prove that one way or the other, certainly would be an exercise for those with too much time on their hands.

I would suggest taking up something more rewarding such as collecting present day cancelled postage stamps.

• Options

@stevek said:
    The current NFC East may be the worst division in NFL history. However to spend time attempting to prove that one way or the other, certainly would be an exercise for those with too much time on their hands.

Which is why I haven't done the research, as I said. My posts are mostly directed at those of you - you, for example - who seem to care who the eventual "winner" in this supposed NFL division will be. You're emotionally invested in which turd will eventually be declared the tastiest. Your team sucks. Dimeman's team sucks. Anyone trying to analyze it beyond those simple incontrovertible facts is missing the forest for the trees.

• Options

@dallasactuary said:

@stevek said:

Which is why I haven't done the research, as I said. My posts are mostly directed at those of you - you, for example - who seem to care who the eventual "winner" in this supposed NFL division will be. You're emotionally invested in which turd will eventually be declared the tastiest. Your team sucks. Dimeman's team sucks. Anyone trying to analyze it beyond those simple incontrovertible facts is missing the forest for the trees.

Well excuse me, but i'll continue to root for the Eagles no matter how bad they suck.

But hey, thanks for stating the obvious.

• Options

@stevek said:

@dallasactuary said:

@stevek said:

Well excuse me, but i'll continue to root for the Eagles no matter how bad they suck.

You beat me to it Steve. Nothing worse than a blowhard with nothing but gut-wind coming out of his mouth. ;)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@dallasactuary said:

@stevek said:

You beat me to it Steve. Nothing worse than a blowhard with nothing but gut-wind coming out of his mouth. ;)

The fact is that the lowest playoff seed in the NFL has won the Super Bowl before.

i'll still be rooting for the Eagles. However rooting enthusiastically at this point for a Super Bowl championship? Of course not. But still rooting because it's entertainment to me.

Glutton for punishment entertainment? Perhaps it is, I admit it. B)

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@dallasactuary said:

@stevek said:

The fact is that the lowest playoff seed in the NFL has won the Super Bowl before.

i'll still be rooting for the Eagles. However rooting enthusiastically at this point for a Super Bowl championship? Of course not. But still rooting because it's entertainment to me.

At least you stick with you team, though, Steve. Dimeman bails out on them any chance he gets.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@dallasactuary said:

@stevek said:

At least you stick with you team, though, Steve. Dimeman bails out on them any chance he gets.

dimeman is like a teenage girl feuding with another teenage girl , all drama all the time , dimeman is regina

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dimeman rocks. In the era when it is easy to walk away from the sport, he has remained dedicated to the Cowboys.

It is painful to watch sometimes as the mediocrity of the team (being generous,) wears on Jon as he dreams of a repeat of past success, but even as he vents disgust, this is still Dimeman's team and he will follow them to the ends on the gridiron.

Have to respect that.

• Options

It's alright for me to get made at them because they are my team. I'll probably not see another SB win, but I can always hope.

We will have to do it with bad coaching and an idiot for an owner........has that ever been done before? :/B)

• Options

When you realize that there are 32 teams in the NFL, and all things being equal, a team should only win the Super Bowl once every 32 years, i think it makes being patient just a little bit easier.

Notice i said a "little bit" easier, not a lot easier. ;)

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dallasactuary

I can recall a year where Seattle won their division with a losing record (2010). They ended up winning the division by tiebreaker over the Rams who were (obviously) also 7-9. With your methodology borrowed, that is 3-7 for Seattle and 4-6 for St. Louis. The hapless 49ers went 6-10 (2-8), the Cardinals 5-11 (4-6). If memory serves, the Cardinals were probably the best team of the four but couldn’t get out of their own way.

This division was pretty terrible overall and record wise it will be pretty close.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stick with a team when they suck? How about stick with a team when they’re great, just not great enough 4 years in a row? Then suck for 20 more. Yeah I can relate. No matter what I’ll never change alliances. Fan since 63 and maybe one day my alliance will be awarded. ......

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    @dallasactuary

I can recall a year where Seattle won their division with a losing record (2010). They ended up winning the division by tiebreaker over the Rams who were (obviously) also 7-9. With your methodology borrowed, that is 3-7 for Seattle and 4-6 for St. Louis. The hapless 49ers went 6-10 (2-8), the Cardinals 5-11 (4-6). If memory serves, the Cardinals were probably the best team of the four but couldn’t get out of their own way.

This division was pretty terrible overall and record wise it will be pretty close.

That sounds like the reigning champ. But the NFC East has to win 3 of their 4 remaining games to equal the 13-27 record of the 2010 NFC West.

Those four games are:

Cowboys at Bears
    Rams at Cowboys
    Redskins at Packers
    Dolphins at Giants

The odds of the Redskins beating the Packers in Green Bay is somewhere between 0% and 1%; let's call that one a loss. So they have to sweep the other three games to achieve the lofty status of "not more inept than the worst division in history until now". I think the odds of their doing that are between 5% and 10%, but at least they have something to play for, because playing for respect as adequate football teams isn't an option for any of them.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

The team that loses the least games will take the NFC East. Most times it’s the team that wins the most games, but not this year. Dallas could win with a 7 and 9 record if they get their only win for the rest of the season against the Eagles. Yes, the Eagles are that bad. They might run the table in reverse and go 5 and 11.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

This is a great Thursday night match-up tonight. Classic. A lot at stake. Should be good!

• Options

@BillJones said:
    The team that loses the least games will take the NFC East. Most times it’s the team that wins the most games, but not this year. Dallas could win with a 7 and 9 record if they get their only win for the rest of the season against the Eagles. Yes, the Eagles are that bad. They might run the table in reverse and go 5 and 11.

Isn't that really the same thing Bill. ;)B)

• Options

The entire world except for Jerry Jones and Dimeman are rooting for a Bears win tonight.

• Options

@stevek said:
    The entire world except for Jerry Jones and Dimeman are rooting for a Bears win tonight.

Steve Steve Steve ……...there are Cowboy fans all over the U.S.. One of the few teams with fans all over.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Steve Steve Steve ……...there are Cowboy fans all over the U.S.. One of the few teams with fans all over.

Nope, there's none left.

Jerry packs 'em in to Cowboys stadium each time because they advertise some music concert or perhaps a rodeo.

• Options
    edited December 5, 2019 12:36PM

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Nope, there's none left.

Jerry packs 'em in to Cowboys stadium each time because they advertise some music concert or perhaps a rodeo.

I have heard from a reliable source that Garrett will be on uppers for tonights game so he will at least be awake when he is on camera. Doubt if it will help his decision making process though. :(

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Just heard that Dallas has not practiced once outside all year. Poor preparation for a team going on the road to play Patriots, Bears, Eagles, etc.

• Options

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    Just heard that Dallas has not practiced once outside all year. Poor preparation for a team going on the road to play Patriots, Bears, Eagles, etc.

Our HC is in a comma and can't take the outdoors. :/

• Options
    edited December 5, 2019 7:42PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@BillJones said:

Isn't that really the same thing Bill. ;)B)

In this case it is. My mother was a wonderful teacher, but for some kids, she said said she had to “learn their studies to them” because they were so unmotivated and lazy. Both the Eagles and the Cowboys look unmotivated, lazy and poorly coached. The team with the least losses wins the title.

The Cowboys are down 17 to 7 at the half. Keep those losses coming!

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

What the heck was that! The receivers are shunning Dak now!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    What the heck was that! The receivers are shunning Dak now!!

It’s a call from Jason Garrett’s book of “trick plays.” It’s a great way to prevent a touchdown.

• Options

Jason Garrett at halftime in the locker room will get up on a soapbox and rally the Cowboys players, like Knute Rockne used to do at Notre Dame with a rousing motivational speech.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Jason Garrett at halftime in the locker room will get up on a soapbox and rally the Cowboys players, like Knute Rockne used to do at Notre Dame with a rousing motivational speech.

Oh well, LOL..

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

Oh well, LOL..

Hey, it worked for around 10 seconds. LOL

• Options

How deep is Jason Garrett wading in it right now?

• Options

24 to 7

It looks like the pep talk didn’t work.

Maybe Garrett could send some of his misused offensive players to New England. The Pats could use them and would know to how to coach those players.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

What about Troy?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Jerry Jones just traded Dak Prescott in the middle of the game.

I don't recall that ever happening before?

• Options

Why did Jason Garrett just put on some hip boots?

I don't understand?

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

This game is all on the players.
    Funny thing is Dallas is the favorite to make the playoffs, win or lose, lol.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

Yea i know, i know...who am i to be talking smack the way the Eagles suck.

But this is too much fun, i just can't help myself. :D

• Options

Since Dallas is leading the league in offense, I must say that they are best 3 and out team I’ve seen.

• Options

The Eagles better win now on Monday night.

The Cowboys certainly don't seem to want it.