Home Sports Talk
Options

Still hoping this good turn in events doesn't save Garrett's job.....I WANT HIM GONE!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Cowboys are running though the Lambs in this game so far. You would think the Lambs would more motivated.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Say what ya want about Wentz and i might not dispute some of it. However the last few games Wentz played like Joe Montana as far as leading his team to a late in the game comeback win. :)

Yes, but when your team needs to come back because of your own ineptitude through the first 55 minutes of the game, there is a limit to how much credit you can receive for finally playing well in the last 5.

BTW, Go Eagles!!! It's painful rooting for a team this bad, but I am rooting for them, and never moreso than I will be rooting for them next week.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2019 3:53PM

It looks like the Tenderfoots are going to be Sheep Herders this week ... Jerry Jones is happy, which makes Garrett happy.

Employment and job security are a wonderful things.

Ahh... an interception. This looks like “the slaughter of the lambs.”

28 - 7 ... Time to switch to the news.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like we are playing a 17 man team! :D

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the Cowboys on a nice win.

Next Sunday, they come to the Linc and we shall see how that one goes.

Cowboys players better expect the Philly crowd to be loud, and then multiply that by a factor. Of course the Cowboys coaches will game plan to try to take the crowd out of the game early, so the Eagles defense had better be ready from the first snap for a lot of long pass attempts.

• Options

@stevek said:

Cowboys players better expect the Philly crowd to be loud, and then multiply that by a factor. Of course the Cowboys coaches will game plan to try to take the crowd out of the game early, so the Eagles defense had better be ready from the first snap for a lot of long pass attempts.

I see what you are doing and it ain't going to work!

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    So you guys want the Hummingbirds to make the playoffs and do a one and done??

To a Detroit fan, playoffs are the super bowl.

;)

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

If a coach needs to keep his job dial 1-800-GOFF.

• Options

It really Pi$$'s me off when we let them score just because we have a big lead.! :s

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I see what you are doing and it ain't going to work!

And if it doesn’t work, you will have Garrett for at least the start of next season. That’s more mediocrity, and I firmly agree with on that point, although I don’t care for the a Cowboys.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

If it snows that day it may be 'raining" snowballs onto the Boys.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@stevek said:

Right now the weather forecast says clear and around 40 degrees for the game.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@stevek said:

When we were children we froze snowballs in the freezer during the winter. Brought them out in the summer for our annual summer snowball fights.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@stevek said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@stevek said:

You need a roof on that tiny sandbox of yours! ;)

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@stevek said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@stevek said:

When we were children we froze snowballs in the freezer during the winter. Brought them out in the summer for our annual summer snowball fights.

You wouldn't want to take one of those in the face! :o

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

for An inactive thread it is very active 🤷‍♂️

• Options

@perkdog said:
    for An inactive thread it is very active 🤷‍♂️

Guess I need to change the title again.

• Options

Don't worry about it, after the Eagles beat the Cowboys on Sunday, doesn't matter what's the title, this thread officially becomes a cheat post thread.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Don't worry about it, after the Eagles beat the Cowboys on Sunday, doesn't matter what's the title, this thread officially becomes a cheat post thread.

You don't really think you have a chance in that game do you??

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Eagles win handily by 7 lengths, eased up at the wire.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

This will be like 1973 Belmont and we're Big Red! B)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2019 11:38AM

after that remarkable performance against the Rams, i must give Garrett's hands credit where credit is due. did you witness the....

incessant clapping?

innumerable high fives?

Hall of Fame butt slapping?

they were exceptional throughout that game. freaking indefatigable, they are.

does JJ have an insurance policy on those precious mitts?

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    after that remarkable performance against the Rams, i must give Garrett's hands credit where credit is due. did you witness the....

incessant clapping?

innumerable high fives?

Yes, but you'll never catch him looking at a play sheet or anything like that!

• Options

Either way we win.

If the Eagles get slaughtered, Garret's job is safe. Then Dimeman will get to enjoy him next season. BWT if Garret does come back next year, the Cowboys won't get better. They will still be in the "JV Division" with teams that win playoff berths with .500 records. In a normal year, with a normal season record, you would not be looking to win a division or get into the playoffs.

If the Eagle's win, Garret will get to come to the Cincinnati or some other team that changes coaches every year or so, and Dimeman will be happy to be rid of him.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    Either way we win.

If the Eagles get slaughtered, Garret's job is safe. Then Dimeman will get to enjoy him next season. BWT if Garret does come back next year, the Cowboys won't get better. They will still be in the "JV Division" with teams that win playoff berths with .500 records. In a normal year, with a normal season record, you would not be looking to win a division or get into the playoffs.

If the Eagle's win, Garret will get to come to the Cincinnati or some other team that changes coaches every year or so, and Dimeman will be happy to be rid of him.

I agree either way we win, but i'll take the latter scenario. :)

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

incessant clapping?

innumerable high fives?

One thing i've never understood with some professional athletes is the butt slapping. I'll shake a guy's hand but other than that, i don't like touching men.

I've got some male family members and friends who do the hugging routine when they haven't seen ya for a while, and even with them i feel uncomfortable with the hug, although i never tell them that.

If i had ever made the Phillies or Eagles team, and we just had the team's history best championship win, I wouldn't give a chit, i ain't slapping no guy's butt.

• Options

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ezekiel-elliotts-father-charged-with-illegally-owning-releasing-exotic-african-cat-killed-by-police-000812147.html

Ezekiel Elliott's dad facing 21 counts over exotic African cat that was killed by police

Just wondering if this may distract from his son's focus on Sunday?

• Options

@stevek said:
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ezekiel-elliotts-father-charged-with-illegally-owning-releasing-exotic-african-cat-killed-by-police-000812147.html

Ezekiel Elliott's dad facing 21 counts over exotic African cat that was killed by police

Zeke's stupid father is actually lucky that this dangerous animal didn't harm a young kid.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Can't fix stupid no matter how much money you throw at it.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

You also can't blame Zeke for stuff his dad does! ;)

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

So where is the avatar bet between steve and dimeman?
    I see a lot of bold talk about how good there 6-7 teams are but nothing on the line.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Refresh my memory. Did Secretariat break a leg in that race and have to be put down?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

He hasn't exactly been a model citizen either..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@Darin said:
    So where is the avatar bet between steve and dimeman?
    I see a lot of bold talk about how good there 6-7 teams are but nothing on the line.

I offered an avatar bet a while back to Dimeman, however i later retracted it.

Sorry but i just couldn't enjoy seeing that cute dog avatar go down.

Now if Dimeman's avatar was that of Jerry Jones, i might even give Dimeman odds such as Cowboys lose and his avatar changes for a week, but if Cowboys win then my avatar changes for two weeks. That's how badly i would enjoy not having to see an avatar such as that for a week.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

He hasn't exactly been a model citizen either..

Perhaps like father, like son?

Frankly, the more i think about this story, the more it hisses me off. I mean this stupid man should know how dangerous this cat could be to a young child. These creatures are instinctive killers and it's not any stretch to imagine a young kid innocently playing in their backyard, and before the kid realizes it, this hungry feline has sunk its teeth into the kid's neck and the kid quickly bleeds to death.

I hope a judge punishes him accordingly.

• Options

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Refresh my memory. Did Secretariat break a leg in that race and have to be put down?

Secretariat could have still won that race by 10 lengths with a broken leg. ;)

• Options

I hope Dallas makes the playoffs just so this thread hits 1000.

B)

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    I hope Dallas makes the playoffs just so this thread hits 1000.

B)

All they have to do is beat the Hummingbirds and their in. :) Trouble is that could save Garrett's job. I have mixed emotions. I cannot and will not EVER root against Dallas or EVER root for Philly! PERIOD.....just can't do it. I HATE Philly with every ounce of my being!

• Options

Come on Dimeman. You PM me maybe it's 15 or 20 times each week, asking me, no, begging me to please use my influence to get you into the Philadelphia Eagles fan club.

i'll tell you the same thing I always do, we are all filled up for now, and not accepting any new members at this time.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Come on Dimeman. You PM me maybe it's 15 or 20 times each week, asking me, no, begging me to please use my influence to get you into the Philadelphia Eagles fan club.

i'll tell you the same thing I always do, we are all filled up for now, and not accepting any new members at this time.

WOW! He does the same thing with me and the Vikings fan club. We refuse him flat out. No room on the bandwgon for the likes of him!

;-)

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

You guys are funny. Although I would root for the Vikes (depending on who they are playing), but would NEVER EVER root for the eaglets. I would rather crawl thru 5 miles of broken glass nude with someone walking beside me throwing salt on me!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

I would rather crawl thru 5 miles of broken glass nude

now that would be a sight for sore eyes

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I would rather crawl thru 5 miles of broken glass nude

now that would be a sight for sore eyes

"Everything" would be sore on me! :oB)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    You guys are funny. Although I would root for the Vikes (depending on who they are playing), but would NEVER EVER root for the eaglets. I would rather crawl thru 5 miles of broken glass nude with someone walking beside me throwing salt on me!

Sorry but doing something that easy will not impress the Philadelphia Eagles new membership committee.

• Options
    edited December 22, 2019 6:54AM

@DIMEMAN said:

So if it’s that bad rooting for the Eagles, what will another mediocre season with Garrett coaching the Cowboys be like? Maybe it will be like slowly pulling out you finger nails, one each week, as the Cowboys lose ten regular season games next year and miss the playoffs?

Bite the bullet now. Hope that the Hummingbirds buzz past the Tenderfoots convincingly and look forward to a new coach next season. You could be looking at new dynasty. It’s not going to happen with Garrett at the helm.

• Options

Congrats to the Cowboys on a hard fought win.

Cowboys deserve to be NFC East champs.

• Options

Congrats again to the Cowboys.

My hats off to them.

• Options

What time is the Cowboys NFC East championship parade?

• Options

News flash - Jerry Jones just signed Jason Garrett to a lifetime contract.

• Options

Can't be sure now if Dime is happy with the loss as it puts the squeeze on Garrett or displeased as the Cowboys will all jet off in a week for a Dominican Republic holiday.