Home Sports Talk
Options

Still hoping this good turn in events doesn't save Garrett's job.....I WANT HIM GONE!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    With the Eagles playing so badly, it's tough to even enjoy this Cowboys loss.

It's arguable that the NFC East right now is the worst division in the NFL. To my recollection, that has never happened before since I've been following football. :/

Yes, I just looked. The NFC East has the fewest total wins than in all the other Divisions.

• Options

I just read where Jerry in an interview blasted the coaching in the Pat's game. Maybe just maybe he will get mad enough to fire Garrett. Please in all that is good and Holy........PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN.......PLEASE !!!!!! That would make my day....heck that would make my DECADE !!! :):):):):):):)

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just read where Jerry Jones gave Garrett a lifetime contract as head coach, plus a 50% share of the team.

• Options

@stevek said:
    I just read where Jerry Jones gave Garrett a lifetime contract as head coach, plus a 50% share of the team.

That would be the straw that broke the Camel's back!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shhhh. The Cowboys are the greatest teams ever. Just ask the talking heads. At least 2 hours every show they tell us that. They’ve already handed them the SB trophy so why play any more games? Keep telling us and the Cowboys that because this week and in front of 30M people the Bills, 8-3 and zero repect and national coverage come to Dallas. I hope Dallas continues to talk about yesterday’s game right up to kickoff. No one has done more with less than Sean McDermitt and Brandon Beane. Most football fans can’t name more than 3 players on the roster.
    9 new offensive starters this year and a defense that has allowed less points than 29 other teams. Maybe they aren’t SB contenders this year but 9 draft choices and $90M in cap for next year. Free agents like John Brown and Mitch Morse we’re home runs. Cole Beasley ( remember him Cowboy fans) is Josh Allen’s clutch receiver that was also a home run in free agency. Buffalo finally has a real plan in place. Brandon Beane is GM of the year. No matter what happens 8 wins so far and 6 all last year. Bills fans finally see a light.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

is the fact that we have the absolute WORST HC in the NFL! Taking the FG instead of going for it was stupid. You still need a TD to win....might as well go for it there!

But in my head I realize that we will never be a force and make it to the big game with Garrett as HC!!! :s

no disrespect intended, but i often times disagree with much of what you say. in this instance, however, i'm on board. in fact, i'd give you 100 'agrees' if i could.

here's my protracted take.

until the Jones family name is in no way, shape or form associated with the Dallas Cowboys, this is what you're going to be forced to deal with. and that ain't gonna happen in either of our lifetimes, so it's what it's. Jerry has perpetuated this culture of mediocrity by not only hiring a 'yes' man, but inexplicably keeping him around for almost a decade when he has accomplished virtually nothing. i have never thought Jason Garrett had any business being on an NFL sideline outside of maybe squirting water in players' mouths when they come off the field, and here recently he has not dissuaded me.

in the past month he has clearly purchased Matt Nagy's best-selling book, "How to put my team in the best possible position to lose a game." first we had the Minnesota tilt when Garrett decided to take the ball out of Dak's hands when he was having arguably the best performance of his career. instead, he made the decision to keep feeding Zeke on that final drive, and he may very well have run the team out of a victory in doing so.

then we had yesterday. let's break this down logically.

first, the conditions. driving rain, wind gusts to 30, plummeting temps. not exactly conducive to long, sustained drives that result in an end zone celebration. keep that in mind.

now fast forward to 4th down at the 11 with 6 minutes remaining. what does Garrett decide to do when his team is behind by a touch and they're so very close to pay dirt? take the ball out of his quarterback's hands once again and put it on the foot of the kicker for 3 points.

fantastic, it's 16-9. now what?

oh, you're relying on the defense to get a quick 3-n-out from Tom Brady, you say? when the Pats got the ball back i turned to my girlfriend and said, "watch this, he's about to methodically flip the field and burn off precious minutes in the process. i mean, he's only been doing it for almost 20 years in conditions just like this." sure enough.

i wonder if Levi Garrett ever contemplated that prior to going for a field goal?

next up is what happens when the Cowboys can't stop New England, which they didn't. best possible scenario is getting the ball back with a couple of minutes left and their backs pinned to their own end zone, which is exactly what happened. so let me get this straight, you have zero confidence in your offense (chapter one of Nagy's book, btw) to stick the ball in the house from 11 out, but you think they can go 94 against the league's best defense in a 2-minute drill? in deplorable conditions? when Stephon Gilmore is rendering your best wideout a healthy scratch? how exactly do you plan on doing this?

i wonder if Coach Clap ever contemplated that prior to going for a field goal?

i feel for you, Dime. as currently constructed, there is absolutely no reason for the 'Boys to be messing around @ 6-5, only a game ahead of Philly. but when your head coach is a pussy who can't think outside the box and therefore is unable to make the most prudent decision in the moment, what can ya do?

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry and Stephen Jones said before the season that Garrett had to have more playoff success than he has had previously to stay the coach, meaning go deeper. That would mean winning three games as the wild card or two games with bye week. They also left him as a lame duck in his final contract year. Stephen also said they have been down the road of firing a coach mid season ( Wade) and they don't want to do it again. So they told us from the beginning what was going to happen.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

is the fact that we have the absolute WORST HC in the NFL! Taking the FG instead of going for it was stupid. You still need a TD to win....might as well go for it there!

But in my head I realize that we will never be a force and make it to the big game with Garrett as HC!!! :s

no disrespect intended, but i often times disagree with much of what you say. in this instance, however, i'm on board. in fact, i'd give you 100 'agrees' if i could.

here's my protracted take.

until the Jones family name is in no way, shape or form associated with the Dallas Cowboys, this is what you're going to be forced to deal with. and that ain't gonna happen in either of our lifetimes, so it's what it's. Jerry has perpetuated this culture of mediocrity by not only hiring a 'yes' man, but inexplicably keeping him around for almost a decade when he has accomplished virtually nothing. i have never thought Jason Garrett had any business being on an NFL sideline outside of maybe squirting water in players' mouths when they come off the field, and here recently he has not dissuaded me.

in the past month he has clearly purchased Matt Nagy's best-selling book, "How to put my team in the best possible position to lose a game." first we had the Minnesota tilt when Garrett decided to take the ball out of Dak's hands when he was having arguably the best performance of his career. instead, he made the decision to keep feeding Zeke on that final drive, and he may very well have run the team out of a victory in doing so.

then we had yesterday. let's break this down logically.

first, the conditions. driving rain, wind gusts to 30, plummeting temps. not exactly conducive to long, sustained drives that result in an end zone celebration. keep that in mind.

now fast forward to 4th down at the 11 with 6 minutes remaining. what does Garrett decide to do when his team is behind by a touch and they're so very close to pay dirt? take the ball out of his quarterback's hands once again and put it on the foot of the kicker for 3 points.

fantastic, it's 16-9. now what?

oh, you're relying on the defense to get a quick 3-n-out from Tom Brady, you say? when the Pats got the ball back i turned to my girlfriend and said, "watch this, he's about to methodically flip the field and burn off precious minutes in the process. i mean, he's only been doing it for almost 20 years in conditions just like this." sure enough.

i wonder if Levi Garrett ever contemplated that prior to going for a field goal?

next up is what happens when the Cowboys can't stop New England, which they didn't. best possible scenario is getting the ball back with a couple of minutes left and their backs pinned to their own end zone, which is exactly what happened. so let me get this straight, you have zero confidence in your offense (chapter one of Nagy's book, btw) to stick the ball in the house from 11 out, but you think they can go 94 against the league's best defense in a 2-minute drill? in deplorable conditions? when Stephon Gilmore is rendering your best wideout a healthy scratch? how exactly do you plan on doing this?

i wonder if Coach Clap ever contemplated that prior to going for a field goal?

i feel for you, Dime. as currently constructed, there is absolutely no reason for the 'Boys to be messing around @ 6-5, only a game ahead of Philly. but when your head coach is a pussy who can't think outside the box and therefore is unable to make the most prudent decision in the moment, what can ya do?

Yes, and what gets me is that the FG doesn't mean squat...…..you still need a TD to win! And you can't count on another possession. If it was in the 3rd Quarter....sure take 3 points, but not in this case. If we can figure this out......why can't Garrett? I just read in the news page that it sounds like Garrett my be on the way out. I sure hope so because the clock is always ticking on the current roster.

• Options

@2dueces said:
    Shhhh. The Cowboys are the greatest teams ever. Just ask the talking heads. At least 2 hours every show they tell us that. They’ve already handed them the SB trophy so why play any more games? Keep telling us and the Cowboys that because this week and in front of 30M people the Bills, 8-3 and zero repect and national coverage come to Dallas. I hope Dallas continues to talk about yesterday’s game right up to kickoff. No one has done more with less than Sean McDermitt and Brandon Beane. Most football fans can’t name more than 3 players on the roster.
    9 new offensive starters this year and a defense that has allowed less points than 29 other teams. Maybe they aren’t SB contenders this year but 9 draft choices and $90M in cap for next year. Free agents like John Brown and Mitch Morse we’re home runs. Cole Beasley ( remember him Cowboy fans) is Josh Allen’s clutch receiver that was also a home run in free agency. Buffalo finally has a real plan in place. Brandon Beane is GM of the year. No matter what happens 8 wins so far and 6 all last year. Bills fans finally see a light.

Your Bills are looking good. I hated to lose Beasley. He was a great go to guy. We did replace him with a great slot guy from Green Bay....#18. Can't think of his name right now.

Anyway, we will have to play much better than we did against NE to beat you guys. Better coaching decisions and less 15 yard penalties that kill drives. At least weather won't be a factor.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Jerry and Stephen Jones said before the season that Garrett had to have more playoff success than he has had previously to stay the coach, meaning go deeper. That would mean winning three games as the wild card or two games with bye week. They also left him as a lame duck in his final contract year. Stephen also said they have been down the road of firing a coach mid season ( Wade) and they don't want to do it again. So they told us from the beginning what was going to happen.

Garrett can't seem think and stand up at the same time. I could do a better job ……. REALLY!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m buying into that Garrett should be shown the door. But who to replace him with? Seriously who is out there? One thing that has suprised me is that Jimmy a Johnson has not taken a job, I’d offer him a job if I was Jones

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I’m buying into that Garrett should be shown the door. But who to replace him with? Seriously who is out there? One thing that has suprised me is that Jimmy a Johnson has not taken a job, I’d offer him a job if I was Jones

Jones is the reason Johnson left. If Johnson would have stayed and Jones would have left him alone to coach. I feel sure that Dallas would have had a run like the Pat's are having. I really believe that.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

Jones is the reason Johnson left. If Johnson would have stayed and Jones would have left him alone to coach. I feel sure that Dallas would have had a run like the Pat's are having. I really believe that.

Possibly but without that stupid trade that Minnesota did he would not have even put that team together. I think he is a great coach though, if Jones gave him the keys I often wonder if he would return

• Options

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

Possibly but without that stupid trade that Minnesota did he would not have even put that team together. I think he is a great coach though, if Jones gave him the keys I often wonder if he would return

It would be great. The team we have now is very very very good talent wise, but not the GREAT team we had then under Jimmy. That team I feel was the best team EVER including current teams.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

It would be great. The team we have now is very very very good talent wise, but not the GREAT team we had then under Jimmy. That team I feel was the best team EVER including current teams.

Another good HC would be Cower. :)

• Options

Tell ya what you guys got a solid LB crew when healthy

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Tell ya what you guys got a solid LB crew when healthy

Agree, we are pretty solid everywhere. We just need to cut down on mistakes that kill drives and a NEW HC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Johnson has been out of the loop for too long, and he’s comfortable doing his Fox football show job. I can’t see him going back to the stress of NFL head coaching.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

come on Dime , Dallas can never get a coach with that idiot owner. Jerry has a lot of nerve criticizing the coach that he hired and won't fire. Who picks the next coach? Jerry JONES ! the chance that he will be good? 0.0%

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    come on Dime , Dallas can never get a coach with that idiot owner. Jerry has a lot of nerve criticizing the coach that he hired and won't fire. Who picks the next coach? Jerry JONES ! the chance that he will be good? 0.0%

I'd do it for half what Garrett is getting! :)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

you have shown time and again you barely know the rules of the game :D

seriously though , jerry is an idiot and continuously tampers with the team , even Bill B couldnt win in dallas .

Owners are supposed to sign checks and stfu not do interviews and weekly radio shows and all the rubbish this prima donna does

• Options
    edited November 26, 2019 8:20PM

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

you have shown time and again you barely know the rules of the game :D

seriously though , jerry is an idiot and continuously tampers with the team , even Bill B couldnt win in dallas .

Owners are supposed to sign checks and stfu not do interviews and weekly radio shows and all the rubbish this prima donna does

Now I read Jones won't replace Garrett in the middle of this year. Does he actually think we have a chance in the playoffs.

I would think it would be better going thru the new HC phase now....than the first half of next year. But what do I know. I would go for a TD down 7 instead of kicking a FG!! Silly me. And you know what....if we get the TD.....I go for 2. Play to win not to lose. :D

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas would be better if they kept the HC and got rid of the owner.

Jerry Jones is such a hands-on owner that he essentially neuters any HC he has running the Team. as long as he's there you can expect more of the same no matter who is running the Team on the field.

• Options

@keets said:
    Dallas would be better if they kept the HC and got rid of the owner.

Jerry Jones is such a hands-on owner that he essentially neuters any HC he has running the Team. as long as he's there you can expect more of the same no matter who is running the Team on the field.

You are probably right, but Garrett has to go. If Jerry wants to win he is going to have to see the light.

• Options

Long live Jerry Jones!

• Options

Jerry Jones, if you're reading this thread, I'm tellin' ya as clear as i can...don't ever fire Jason Garrett.

Garrett with your help, can some day be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. You just have to give him at least ten or twenty more years of head coaching experience to fully develop his extraordinary skills.

Thank you Jerry, and BTW, I'm your biggest fan.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time (and only time) I went to a Cowboys game, it was at the Cotton Bowl in 1969. Opponent was Washington and the two head coaches were Tom Landry for the home team and a journeyman named Vince Lombardi, for the visitors. Guess coaching has gone downhill since then

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand @dimeman’s frustration. We Philly fans had to put up with Chip Kelly a few years ago. The ownership seemed ready to keep him despite a dismal record, but fans and the players howled. Thank goodness he got what he deserved, and the Eagles finally got a Super Bowl. As for Kelly, he went to San Francisco, failed again and is now out to pasture.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Jerry Jones, if you're reading this thread, I'm tellin' ya as clear as i can...don't ever fire Jason Garrett.

Garrett with your help, can some day be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. You just have to give him at least ten or twenty more years of head coaching experience to fully develop his extraordinary skills.

Thank you Jerry, and BTW, I'm your biggest fan.

After yesterday Buffalo has to be your favorite AFC East team. Played their worst game against Philly and saved the best for Dallas. You’re very welcome.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

until dallas gets a new head coach we should all switch to a jerry jones avatar in solidarity.

please note that I didn't say naked jerry jones

• Options

I’m reading Dak’s agent is talking about a 40 Million a year deal? Hopefully for all Cowboys fans they are not that stupid to pay him that type of money. His pocket presence is atrocious

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I’m reading Dak’s agent is talking about a 40 Million a year deal? Hopefully for all Cowboys fans they are not that stupid to pay him that type of money. His pocket presence is atrocious

No QB is worth that. He is maybe worth 1/2 that......if he gets better awareness. That strip sack against the Bills was pitiful.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goff the Bust set the standard. :#

• Options

@hammer1 said:

Is that what Goff got??!!

• Options

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Players should get paid this year for what they did last year!

I guarantee ya performance would increase. No multi year crap!

• Options

i think we're witnessing the onset of senility with Jerry. after the Pats game he held an impromptu soap box session and was pissed. a week later he yapped for 26 minutes and almost cried after the Bills game. then he starts going on about resilience and winning out when they haven't beaten a team with more wins than losses all season long.

what other owner in sports incessantly acts & talks crazy like that?

as for the game itself, it's simple: one team is up and coming and is filled with young talent, and the other is poorly owned, poorly coached, and the players themselves are a bunch of posers

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i think we're witnessing the onset of senility with Jerry. after the Pats game he held an impromptu soap box session and was pissed. a week later he yapped for 26 minutes and almost cried after the Bills game. then he starts going on about resilience and winning out when they haven't beaten a team with more wins than losses all season long.

what other owner in sports incessantly acts & talks crazy like that?

as for the game itself, it's simple: one team is up and coming and is filled with young talent, and the other is poorly owned, poorly coached, and the players themselves are a bunch of posers

I will agree with ya on the poorly owned and coached, but not the players. We have the players.....it all comes down to coaching. We have more talent at every position than the Bills, but still lost. If you disagree name one position where the Bill's player is better than ours.

• Options

There's more life right now in a Thanksgiving leftover turkey than in this 2019 Dallas Cowboys football team. 😆

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

I will agree with ya on the poorly owned and coached, but not the players. We have the players.....it all comes down to coaching. We have more talent at every position than the Bills, but still lost. If you disagree name one position where the Bill's player is better than ours.

before i answer, is this a mythical, on-paper game we're playing here, or what actually happens on the field? if it's the former, you can find someone else to play with you. all i care about is how players perform when it actually counts. if that sounds foreign to you, i'm sorry.

first off, collectively speaking, Buffalo's defense is light years ahead of the Cowboys'. i knew that coming into the game, and i was reminded of it yesterday as i watched. as for individual positions....

Dallas can only dream of having a Tre'Davious White on their roster. he was the best corner coming into the game, and he was the best on the field yesterday. he plays for Buffalo.

the overrated Dallas o-line had no answer for Ed Oliver yesterday. he is a possessed d-tackle who plays for Buffalo. the $105 mil that Dallas gave DeMarcus Lawrence i would instead give to him in a heartbeat.

Josh Allen thoroughly outplayed Dak.

and whether you choose to come to grips with this or not, Zeke has lost half a step since joining the league. the Cowboys will rue the day they paid him that much jack. Devin Singletary, of all people, was just as effective as he was yesterday.

need more?

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

before i answer, is this a mythical, on-paper game we're playing here, or what actually happens on the field? if it's the former, you can find someone else to play with you. all i care about is how players perform when it actually counts. if that sounds foreign to you, i'm sorry.

first off, collectively speaking, Buffalo's defense is light years ahead of the Cowboys'. i knew that coming into the game, and i was reminded of it yesterday as i watched. as for individual positions....

Dallas can only dream of having a Tre'Davious White on their roster. he was the best corner coming into the game, and he was the best on the field yesterday. he plays for Buffalo.

the overrated Dallas o-line had no answer for Ed Oliver yesterday. he is a possessed d-tackle who plays for Buffalo. the $105 mil that Dallas gave DeMarcus Lawrence i would instead give to him in a heartbeat.

and whether you choose to come to grips with this or not, Zeke has lost half a step since joining the league. the Cowboys will rue the day they paid him that much jack. Devin Singletary, of all people, was just as effective as he was yesterday.

need more?

White the corner is the only one on your list with credence. The rest is non-sense.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

need more?

Maybe Dallas coaching staff gets players to play under their potential but buffalo is doing the opposite.

Also Allen had a horrendous game against the Patriots and I think he learned from it. Bill Belecheck teaches the opposing QB's pretty well if they are inclined to learn from a bad game.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

White the corner is the only one on your list with credence. The rest is non-sense.

if the Cowboys have a decided advantage at every single position, as you have publicly stated, would you kindly explain to me why it is they have failed to defeat a single team with a winning record this season and are languishing at 6-6..........whereas the supposed talent-deficient Bills have won every game on the road except for one and are sitting at 9-3?

here, let me answer for you:

a) you are borrowing Jerry's glasses

b) you know very little about Buffalo's team outside of what you witnessed yesterday.........while wearing Jerry's glasses

• Options

even when the cowboys won in the 90's it was pure luck and stickum and cheating and roids

Emmit smith and troy aikman were overrated

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

if the Cowboys have a decided advantage at every single position, as you have publicly stated, would you kindly explain to me why it is they have failed to defeat a single team with a winning record this season and are languishing at 6-6..........whereas the supposed talent-deficient Bills have won every game on the road except for one and are sitting at 9-3?

here, let me answer for you:

a) you are borrowing Jerry's glasses

b) you know very little about Buffalo's team outside of what you witnessed yesterday.........while wearing Jerry's glasses

It's very easy to answer. COACHING! Where do you think we would be sitting if we had Bill B. and his staff??

• Options
    edited November 29, 2019 1:47PM

@bronco2078 said:

Emmit smith and troy aikman were overrated

agree

Emmitt was a product of his line and the open space generated by Irvin and the passing game. insert Barry Sanders and he runs for 20k on that team.

stick Emmitt on the Lions and he would've been out of the league after 3 seasons

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

It's very easy to answer. COACHING! Where do you think we would be sitting if we had Bill B. and his staff??

i see.

so if Sean McDermott takes one of those ancestry DNA tests we'll be able to trace his lineage back to Vince Lombardi?

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

Goff got a four-year, $134 million extension. The deal includes an NFL-record $110 million guaranteed.

Might be one of the three worst QB's in the league.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

Goff got a four-year, $134 million extension. The deal includes an NFL-record $110 million guaranteed.

Might be one of the three worst QB's in the league.

Meanwhile, he trails David Blough in touchdown passes for the month of November.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2019 4:22PM

yet Buffalo is 9-3 while Dallas is 6-6!! :p

really, I think you have things backwards, Dimeman. you want to dump Garrett and keep Jones and the players. what you should actually want is to KEEP Garrett and DUMP Jones and some of the players. what stands out in my mind is the erratic performance of Prescott. when he had Elliot at the 5 yard line for a TD and threw the ball 10 feet behind him it told the story. a pass to Zeke instead of the ground right then might have meant this thread would be happy talk.

the Dallas Cowboys are just an overrated average Team, they have holes and problems that need to be addressed and they aren't really very deep at key positions. look for them to finish under .500 and a nice, high draft pick.