Home Sports Talk
Options

Still hoping this good turn in events doesn't save Garrett's job.....I WANT HIM GONE!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I don't know why he's jumpin'" --Troy Aikman on another dropped pass, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bears had the game locked up and can't hold on to the friggin' football. 😒

• Options

Has Jason Garrett ever heard of a play action pass?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Eagles don’t beat the Giants, they don’t want it either.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

4th & 1 at Bears 2

Garrett should call for a field goal just to hiss off Jerry Jones. LOL

• Options

Well the Bears let the stinkin' Cowboys right back in this game a little bit.

We'll see what happens.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Well the Bears let the stinkin' Cowboys right back in this game a little bit.

We'll see what happens.

Quick Bears TD? ;)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

the Cowboys are making Mitch look like Lamar Jackson out there :D

• Options

Cowboys only need a 10 point play to tie it up.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dime, fifty years ago later this month I was at the Cotton Bowl.> @stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:
    The entire world except for Jerry Jones and Dimeman are rooting for a Bears win tonight.

Steve Steve Steve ……...there are Cowboy fans all over the U.S.. One of the few teams with fans all over.

Nope, there's none left.

Jerry packs 'em in to Cowboys stadium each time because they advertise some music concert or perhaps a rodeo.

I am split. First game was at the Cotton Bowl 50 years ago with my late uncle.

But this thread is way better when Dallas loses.

I'll punt.

• Options

Nice job by the Bears. 👍

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the low of all lows. Losing to the Pat's and even to the Bill's was bad enough considering they were out coached in both games. Actually every game they play they are out coached....except the Eagles!

But to lose to the Bears....and make Trubenski look like Tom Brady!!!!! Too much. I wouldn't even let Garrett on the plane back to Dallas. Make him get a ride.........and by the way..........you are fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Read this tomorrow, Jon, when you cool off a bit.

It is not our team...it is their team. Winning is important but in a couple decades the Dallas franchise went up ten fold in value so Jones doesn't really give a F*** whether he ever wins another game.

Garrett could go home on the team plane or charter his own. Fire him on Friday and he will still have ten or twenty million bucks in the bank and can light cigars with hundred dollar bills. At the end of the season (Late this month it looks like,) Dak will head to Rio and Zeke will head to Aruba.

The long suffering fan will hold the back of his head and say, well if we can only drant an XYZ next year, we can make it to the Super Bowl. Problem is, the fan cannot care more than the owner and GM does.

• Options

HEADLINE

The stage is getting set for the big show-down between the Philadelphia Humming Birds and the Dallas Tenderfoots for the right to go the One and Done Bowl in January. With a win, the Tenderfoots will lock up the spot. The Hummingbirds will need to beat the Tenderfoots by a wide margin or find other team they can beat in the regular season, which is highly unlikely.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    HEADLINE

The stage is getting set for the big show-down between the Philadelphia Humming Birds and the Dallas Tenderfoots for the right to go the One and Done Bowl in January. With a win, the Tenderfoots will lock up the spot. The Hummingbirds will need to beat the Tenderfoots by a wide margin or find other team they can beat in the regular season, which is highly unlikely.

I'd guess that historically based on all the Super Bowl winners, possibly none of them ever lost as a heavy favorite to a 2-9 team as the Eagles lost to the Dolphins.

Yes of course until the Eagles are mathematically eliminated or it's virtually certain that they will be, then i'll always have some hope of them getting there, and then at least enjoying one playoff game. But frankly, with the Eagles on a three game losing streak with convoluted coaching, inconsistent defense, and erratic play by Carson Wentz, i'll be glad at this point just to win a game.

I can't believe the Eagles will lose to the Giants on Monday night with a rusty Eli in there. So the Eagles will finally pick up a win, and then we'll take it from there and see what happens.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

It is not our team...it is their team. Winning is important but in a couple decades the Dallas franchise went up ten fold in value so Jones doesn't really give a F*** whether he ever wins another game.

Garrett could go home on the team plane or charter his own. Fire him on Friday and he will still have ten or twenty million bucks in the bank and can light cigars with hundred dollar bills. At the end of the season (Late this month it looks like,) Dak will head to Rio and Zeke will head to Aruba.

The long suffering fan will hold the back of his head and say, well if we can only drant an XYZ next year, we can make it to the Super Bowl. Problem is, the fan cannot care more than the owner and GM does.

The thing is.......why can't Jerry see that he is the main problem with the teams downfall since 1995. He didn't get to be a multi Billionaire by being stupid! He got 2 SB wins in 92 & 93 because of the Great trade and (key word and) had a great coach in Jimmy Johnson. But he couldn't just sign the checks and STFU. No he drove Johnson off. He manage to win a SB in 95 with Switzer just by pure talent he had leftover from the Johnson era. Then began the coach of the month club ending up with the perminate keeping of Garrett! Garrett was a lousey QB in his day and is even a worse HC. I don't know how he keeps his job. REALLY!! He has been there 10 years and has accomplished squat! Plus all of those years he stuck with Romo the BIGGEST CHOKE ARTEST EVER!! And now he is getting ready to saddle himself with another Romo clone in Prescott!!!!

I have been a Cowboy fan since they came in the League in 1960. The first 35 years were great. But these last 24 have sucked BIG time. I just don't know how much more I can take!

• Options

I must say, and no disrespect meant to anyone, but my heart is all aglow seeing Cowboys fans irritated and upset.

You see, some people for the holidays wish for gifts such as a new car, jewelry, nice collectibles, etc. My wish this holiday season is for three more losses by the stinkin' Cowboys.

Now Santa, bring me my present that i want, or don't even think about sticking your fat arze down my chimney, ya hear?

And yes, of course i really meant disrespect. B)

• Options

@stevek said:
    I must say, and no disrespect meant to anyone, but my heart is all aglow seeing Cowboys fans irritated and upset.

You see, some people for the holidays wish for gifts such as a new car, jewelry, nice collectibles, etc. My wish this holiday season is for three more losses by the stinkin' Cowboys.

Now Santa, bring me my present that i want, or don't even think about sticking your fat arze down my chimney, ya hear?

And yes, of course i really meant disrespect. B)

I completely understand and hate the eaglets with the same passion. B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

The thing is.......why can't Jerry see that he is the main problem with the teams downfall since 1995. He didn't get to be a multi Billionaire by being stupid! He got 2 SB wins in 92 & 93 because of the Great trade and (key word and) had a great coach in Jimmy Johnson. But he couldn't just sign the checks and STFU. No he drove Johnson off. He manage to win a SB in 95 with Switzer just by pure talent he had leftover from the Johnson era. Then began the coach of the month club ending up with the perminate keeping of Garrett! Garrett was a lousey QB in his day and is even a worse HC. I don't know how he keeps his job. REALLY!! He has been there 10 years and has accomplished squat! Plus all of those years he stuck with Romo the BIGGEST CHOKE ARTEST EVER!! And now he is getting ready to saddle himself with another Romo clone in Prescott!!!!

I have been a Cowboy fan since they came in the League in 1960. The first 35 years were great. But these last 24 have sucked BIG time. I just don't know how much more I can take!

As I have said before, Dime, I love your passion for the game. Last time I cared about a pro team was the tigers in the 1980's. Lived and died on every pitch, as you do with each snap.

Problem is, in a given year, and the sport is irrelevant, one or two teams will be great, a handful will be good. a third will be mediocre and the rest of them will suck. Doesn't matter if your owner is an egotistical billionaire. All of them are. The cost of a top quarterback is $40,000,000 a year and yet only one of them will hug the Lombardi trophy in early February.

• Options

Jerry Jones has apparently come to @DIMEMAN’s position. In a heavily censored interview (because he used words you can’t say on TV) he blasted the Cowboys’ performance against the Bears.

It looks like Jason Garrett might be ready for one of those “want to get away?” commercials.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    Jerry Jones has apparently come to @DIMEMAN’s position. In a heavily censored interview (because he used words you can’t say on TV) he blasted the Cowboys’ performance against the Bears.

It looks like Jason Garrett might be ready for one of those “want to get away?” commercials.

We (Cowboy Fans) can only hope!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

whatever bad team wins this division will have a home playoff game against a team with probably 13 wins :D

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 2 thoughts are not worth the price of a cup of coffee.
    1. No team is as good or bad as their last game.
    2. The 2007 Giants as a wild card won the SB. If you get hot at the right time, the ball bounces your way on any given Sunday.

Don’t count out any team in the playoffs.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@bronco2078 said:
    whatever bad team wins this division will have a home playoff game against a team with probably 13 wins :D

And we will probably lose to that 13 win team. Which will probably be either Seattle or San Fran.

• Options

@2dueces said:
    2. The 2007 Giants as a wild card won the SB. If you get hot at the right time, the ball bounces your way on any given Sunday.

This is generally true, but the Cowboys are so messed up right now that these 2 rules don't apply. Like I have said before......we have the players, but not the coaching. Heck Billicheck couldn't even come in and save this year. It would take him until next year.

• Options

@2dueces said:

When everything is riding on each game to get into the playoffs, and you lose to a team like the Miami Dolphins the way the Eagles did, you are as stone cold dead as a dinosaur.

Yes, Ryan Fitzpatrick, the Miami quarterback can throw up some impressive numbers, but most coaches in the NFL have been able to get his number. Given enough pressure, he will turn the ball over with some less than astute passes. That’s why he plays for losing teams and moves from one team to another. He is the best bad quarterback in the league. Right now he is the Bandaid on the Miami rebuilding program.

If the Eagles and the Cowboys are going to peak, they had best get started. As of now both of them are down in the dumps and are showing no signs of revival.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D I know I said it probably five times already, but.......I still say they are going to win the division.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    :D I know I said it probably five times already, but.......I still say they are going to win the division.

The Cowboys?

Of course they are going to win the division! The Eagles are only team that can catch them, and they might well run the reverse table and lose out for the rest of the season.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Cowboys and Eagles are so bad the Redskins may catch them. No, on second thought the Eagles and Cowboys will play each other. Someone has to win ending any hope Washington had.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Today will be the day the Cowboy's drop out of 1st place in the NFC East and the run for the Roses! If Jones doesn't fire Garrett........I will fire Jones! :s

• Options
    edited December 15, 2019 12:14PM

The Eagles will probably lose to the Redskins, but the Cowboys have to play the LA Rams who have been surging of late. Like I said, the team with the least losses wins the division.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    The Eagles will probably lose to the Redskins,...

I'm watching this game, and all I keep thinking is "it's a damn shame that one of these teams has to win". Washington is clearly the better team, but they are also clearly terrible. The Eagles look like they could be a decent team if they had a quarterback, but whoever that is lining up behind the center would get cut from the practice squad of any decent college team.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options

If you want to rid of Jason Garrett, @dimeman, I would advise you to be a Rams fan today. If the Cowboys beat them today, it will be one more reason to keep him. The Cowboys will win the division because the Eagles are pathetic. If Garrett runs the table at the end of the season, Jones might keep him.

• Options
    edited December 15, 2019 1:04PM

@BillJones said:
    If you want to rid of Jason Garrett, @dimeman, I would advise you to be a Rams fan today. If the Cowboys beat them today, it will be one more reason to keep him. The Cowboys will win the division because the Eagles are pathetic. If Garrett runs the table at the end of the season, Jones might keep him.

Garrett should go right now......BEFORE the game...….NOW!!!!! Where is Ron Rivera when you need him!

• Options

Rams! Rams! Rams!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@BillJones said:

Garrett should go right now......BEFORE the game...….NOW!!!!! Where is Ron Rivera when you need him!

I'd be happy to send sympathy flowers to Jason.

There must be a florist in the Dallas area that sells returned wedding and funeral flowers for cheap, maybe with a two dollar delivery charge.

• Options

I have never rooted for the a Rams before, but today is an exception.

• Options

@dallasactuary said:

@BillJones said:
    The Eagles will probably lose to the Redskins,...

I'm watching this game, and all I keep thinking is "it's a damn shame that one of these teams has to win". Washington is clearly the better team, but they are also clearly terrible. The Eagles look like they could be a decent team if they had a quarterback, but whoever that is lining up behind the center would get cut from the practice squad of any decent college team.

Say what ya want about Wentz and i might not dispute some of it. However the last few games Wentz played like Joe Montana as far as leading his team to a late in the game comeback win. :)

• Options

So you guys want the Hummingbirds to make the playoffs and do a one and done??

• Options

The Cowboys just made another stupid mistake. They failed to say “defer” on the coin toss. Now the Ram get the kick-off before both haves. This is the sort thing that teams never do. @DIMEMAN is right. Garrett is as dumb as a bag of hammers.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    So you guys want the Hummingbirds to make the playoffs and do a one and done??

Yea. It will probably the last time the Hummingbirds make the playoffs in my lifetime. Decent Eagle teams only come along over a couple of decades or so. The Cowboy management is closer to dumping Garrett than the Eagles Peterson and Wentz.

• Options

Question. If this thread is inactive why does it stay at the top of page 1? BTW. This is not the first time someone chose to kick off.

Ralph

• Options

The Rams look more like the Lambs right now. No defense, spotty offense.

• Options

This is starting to look better!

• Options

@Brick said:
    Question. If this thread is inactive why does it stay at the top of page 1? BTW. This is not the first time someone chose to kick off.

At the start of both halves?

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    This is starting to look better!

Remember, at the moment, if it’s good for the Cowboys, it’s good for Garrett.

• Options

How can the Rams get the ball at the beginning of the second since the got it at the beginning of the game??

• Options

Yes. Team won the toss and instead of defering they said "We will kick off. We will kick off." They were thinking they would receive the second half kick off. In reality the other team got to chose at the start of the second half. In the spirit of good sportmanship the Rams should decide to kick off to start the second half....Yeal.....RIGHT!

Ralph

• Options

Well, there goes the shut out! B)

• Options

@Brick said:
    Yes. Team won the toss and instead of defering they said "We will kick off. We will kick off." They were thinking they would receive the second half kick off. In reality the other team got to chose at the start of the second half. In the spirit of good sportmanship the Rams should decide to kick off to start the second half....Yeal.....RIGHT!

That doesn't make since, but if you say it's so...…...