Home Sports Talk
Options

Still hoping this good turn in events doesn't save Garrett's job.....I WANT HIM GONE!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Stafford had not been injured, the ‘Boys might still be tied with “the Beagles.” One of them will win the division and go to the play-offs ... for one game.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just saw where the Patriots are favored by 87 1/2 points in that game.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    I just saw where the Patriots are favored by 87 1/2 points in that game.

Geeze...…….I figured it would be more!

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see the Cowboys winning.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-hasnt-liked-the-cowboys-since-coming-out-of-the-womb-003239985.html

Tom Brady hasn't liked the Cowboys 'since coming out of the womb'

Ahead of a big matchup between the New England Patriots and Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, Tom Brady confirmed he doesn’t like the Cowboys. Shocker, we know.

“I've really not liked the Cowboys since coming out of the womb," he joked Wednesday, as reported by ESPN.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-hasnt-liked-the-cowboys-since-coming-out-of-the-womb-003239985.html

Ahead of a big matchup between the New England Patriots and Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, Tom Brady confirmed he doesn’t like the Cowboys. Shocker, we know.

“I've really not liked the Cowboys since coming out of the womb," he joked Wednesday, as reported by ESPN.

Tongue in cheek comment from Brady, he was a 49’er fan as a kid.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

Tongue in cheek comment from Brady, he was a 49’er fan as a kid.

Niner's and Cowboys were like oil and water back then. The NFC Championship was the Super Bowl back then.

• Options

Frankly, I think after two straight sub-par games by Brady, he is somehow trying to motivate himself.

We shall see if it works.

I'm sure though that coach Belichick didn't particularly like the comment.

• Options

To me the Pat's have 4 things in their favor in this upcoming game with Dallas. Listed in order of importance.

1) They have the GOAT as QB. Dak is having a great year, but he is no Brady.

2) Head Coach. This is laughable. Pat's have the BEST HC in the NFL. Cowboys don't even have one!!!!!

3) Home Field. Always an advantage to the home team.

4) Weather - It is going to be nasty. I know it's the same for both teams. But the Cowboys will have a harder time....unless Zeke can run for 200-300 yards! B)

There ya have it ...... my accessment. :/

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Patriots are certainly not running with a good offense. As close followers of this team know, this is probably the worst offense in quite some time. Losing Andrews the center has been HUGE. And having poor LT play has killed Brady's comfort in the pocket. Against the Ravens, when we ran hurry up, we looked amazing. So I know we can still do it
    No Sanu hurts for this weekend. Our run D is not good. Even with a safety in the box, which we can do because our corners can cover one on one, we get gashed. This weekend will not make or break our season.

• Options

I heard Brady may be out for this game. Is this true?

• Options

Eagles are really snakebit this season. Seems like Brady will play, but how effective will he be?

The Eagles could sure use this Cowboys loss, but with Brady nicked up, it certainly has to help the Cowboy's chances in this game.

• Options

I really hate hearing this about Brady. We lose either way now. If we win all we have done is beat a NE team with a hurt QB or even backup if Brady can't play. And if we lose we will have been beaten by a backup or hurt QB.

Also, I saw where Dallas is plagued with the flu! So this game may not provide any answers as to how good or bad Dallas is.

GEEZE !!!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Officially listed as questionable with an elbow injury but the insider's are saying he will play.

• Options

Gimme a break, Brady is fine he has had a questionable tag hundreds of times during his career over nothing. Trust me he is playing, it’s just nonsense to give the Cowboys a little extra something to think about.

• Options

Given the nature of the race in the NFC East, I think that the Cowboys and their fans win take a win no matter the circumstances. Philadelphia has an easier schedule, which gives them an opportunity to pull off what seemed to be impossible a few weeks ago.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Patriots fans better begin thinking about a future team without Tom Brady.

Father time is showing the telltale signs of catching up to him.

But please hold off on doing that to Brady until after today's game. i'm begging ya. 🥺

• Options

@stevek said:
    Patriots fans better begin thinking about a future team without Tom Brady.

Father time is showing the telltale signs of catching up to him.

But please hold off on doing that to Brady until after today's game. i'm begging ya. 🥺

The sportswriters are talking about the Pats drafting Tua but that’s if he slides to the 31st pick which is doubtful in my opinion but either way they absolutely need to start thinking about the next phase, Brady isn’t even signed for ‘20 yet and I’m sure he is frustrated with the lack of playmakers. Who knows

• Options

Give Brady a healthy shot of performance enhancing drugs and painkillers, with a helping of amphetamines, and get him the yell out there on the football field to beat the Cowboys.

Is that asking too much? 🤷

• Options

@BillJones said:
    Given the nature of the race in the NFC East, I think that the Cowboys and their fans win take a win no matter the circumstances. Philadelphia has an easier schedule, which gives them an opportunity to pull off what seemed to be impossible a few weeks ago.

The Eagles really need to upset Seattle today, would be a huge win but I doubt they can pull it off.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Give Brady a healthy shot of performance enhancing drugs and painkillers, with a helping of amphetamines, and get him the yell out there on the football field to beat the Cowboys.

Is that asking too much? 🤷

TB12 might think so 😂

• Options

Only hours away. I'm as nervous and a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Only hours away. I'm as nervous and a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

May the better team win Jon! 🍻

• Options

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

May the better team win Jon! 🍻

I just hope we give you a good game. B)

• Options

Not a good start. False start (my biggest pet peeve) then a missed FG!

• Options

Don’t worry Dimeman. The Humming Birds, with Carson Wentz in charge, are back in Philadelphia. Bizzzzz! I can hear them all the way down south. The division title is in the bag with perhaps a .500 record.

• Options

Vanderish out.....Cooper out......it's raining......Cowboy's look lackluster...…......………..

• Options

I concede...…..it's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Having lived near Foxboro, I know how miserable it must be at that game. 39 degrees, pouring rain, stiff wind.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

I was just surprised you didn't concede before the game started.

• Options

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I was just surprised you didn't concede before the game started.

I guess I just had hope......even if it was mislead. They are running when the shouldn't and not running when they should. Throw in the turn overs and we see why the Pat's are 9-1 and we are 6-4.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

If only the Cowboys would up as easily as you do, the Eagles might still make the play-offs, even they are buzzing.

• Options

@Elliot said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    Vanderish out.....Cooper out......it's raining......Cowboy's look lackluster...…......………..

And Belichick set up the clouds so only the Cowboys get wet.

I know.....how does he do that. ;)

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Really surprised the score at the half is as close as it is.

Go Cowboys!

• Options

Kicking the FG was STUPID!!! Like Troy said you still need a TD. Should have gone for it! Garrett HAS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Where the heck was the trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

That catch is being overturned.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great tough game overall but those two trips??? Wtf?

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

@sparky64 said:
    Great tough game overall but those two trips??? Wtf?

They were both bogus!

• Options

Good game Jon, it was close buddy 🍻

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Good game, terrible call for tripping on Frederick.

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great defensive game.
    A blocked punt led to the only TD.
    But like Troy said, no moral victories. Big loss.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

it is sad when a game like this is affected so much by the Refs. that bogus tripping call at the end stopped what may have been a comeback. Teams need to at least be given a chance.

• Options

First - Congrats to all the Pat's fans. It was a hard fought game. My biggest complaint besides the bogus tripping calls, which both negated a 1st down and killed a drive is the fact that we have the absolute WORST HC in the NFL! Taking the FG instead of going for it was stupid. You still need a TD to win....might as well go for it there!

There is no moral victory here, but the fact that we played the best team in the NFL at their house and were in it to the end is encouraging. But in my head I realize that we will never be a force and make it to the big game with Garrett as HC!!! :s

• Options
    edited November 24, 2019 6:23PM

The color analyst agreed with you, Dimeman, when he called a Cowboys kick-off “poor coaching.” You do have a less than average head coach, but it will take several seasons for Jerry Jones to see it because the ‘Boys will be winning the division given the ineptitude of the Eagles, Giants and Red Skins. They are in their little “division of futility” with Dallas “the best of the worst,.”

• Options

@BillJones said:
    The color analyst agreed with you, Dimeman, when he called a Cowboys kick-off “poor coaching.” You do have a less than average head coach, but it will take several seasons for Jerry Jones to see it because the ‘Boys will be winning the division given the ineptitude of the Eagles, Giants and Red Skins. They are in their little “division of futility” with Dallas “the best of the worst,.”

Yes, but if Jerry was paying attention with these "one and done" appearances in the playoffs...……. ;)

• Options

With the Eagles playing so badly, it's tough to even enjoy this Cowboys loss.

It's arguable that the NFC East right now is the worst division in the NFL. To my recollection, that has never happened before since I've been following football. :/