Home Sports Talk

Random thoughts on the NFL season.

1234568»

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad Mahomes will be back and ready for Patriots.

Good week for the NE bye. I expect a very motivated and rested team.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Glad Mahomes will be back and ready for Patriots.

Good week for the NE bye. I expect a very motivated and rested team.

Agreed, I want them at full strength when we play them. Should be a great game

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

give him another week off

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

that house call by LJ with a 360 spin was so sick

watching that dude take off never gets old

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Chiefs will destroy Tennessee

Chiefs got screwed big time on that no call!

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:
    Chiefs will destroy Tennessee

Chiefs got screwed big time on that no call!

They screwed themselves by losing to Tennessee, they let Tanehill beat them? LOL they look like pretenders not Contenders

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2019 5:27AM

If the Chiefs were that good, a bad call should not have done them in against a team like Tennessee.

One more knee injury, and Mahomes could be the next Carson Wentz. Does anyone remember Robert Griffin III? He was going to be the Washington Redskins franchise, but then a bad knee and dumb coach (in a play-off game) ended that.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@MLBdays said:
    My Fins suck when they try to win and then suck when they try to tank..... clutch win vs. Indy. ....See Ya Tua ..who needs ya?

“The Fins” could be a nightmare for Dallas. Remember what the “New York Biplanes” did to them?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fins, Jets, Falcons and Titans could all turn out to be spoilers. Titans actually could rip off 2 or 3 straight wins and make that division interesting.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

NFL , pay lousy QB 100 million ,

LA Lambs paid more for QB with no arm. Doubled down making a one legged RB highest paid RB in the NFL.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    If the Chiefs were that good, a bad call should not have done them in against a team like Tennessee.

One more knee injury, and Mahomes could be the next Carson Wentz. Does anyone remember Robert Griffin III? He was going to be the Washington Redskins franchise, but then a bad knee and dumb coach (in a play-off game) ended that.

Expect that Carson Wentz didn't win MVP in his first season as a starting QB.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:

@BillJones said:

Wentz isn't even in the same league as Mahomes! Their names should never even be in the same sentence.

And Bill saying that no call didn't beat K.C. is just silly.

@DIMEMAN said:

@Darin said:

@BillJones said:

Wentz isn't even in the same league as Mahomes! Their names should never even be in the same sentence.

Oh yeah? Did you think Mahomes was 100% ? Seemed to me he was moving a little "gingerly"

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Darin said:

@BillJones said:

Oh yeah? Did you think Mahomes was 100% ? Seemed to me he was moving a little "gingerly"

I didn't see the game only the clips. He probably wasn't 100%. Might take him a while to get there.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

He shouldn't have been allowed to play. Already injured. Even left the game if I recall. Came back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8rnPjr6U1c

@DIMEMAN said:

@Darin said:

@BillJones said:

If KC were that good, KC should have been up by enough points to have had the game salted away.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@BillJones said:

He shouldn't have been allowed to play. Already injured. Even left the game if I recall. Came back.

I remember watching that game and thinking why in the world was he still in there. Shanahan wanted that last Super Bowl so badly he left Griffin in and basically ruined his career. He was the neverthe same after offseason surgery.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    edited November 12, 2019 7:35PM

@grote15 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@BillJones said:

I remember watching that game and thinking why in the world was he still in there. Shanahan wanted that last Super Bowl so badly he left Griffin in and basically ruined his career. He was the neverthe same after offseason surgery.

And then his agents got a contract for him where no coach could let him play because if he were to injured, he got a huge bonus. That made him a backup quarterback from then on. He should have retired, but he's been laughing all the way to bank" after that.

I’m just glad nothing has happened to Brady since Belichick refuses you take him out of meaningless blowout games or at least has always kept him in there over the years. I think he took him out once this year ☝️

@perkdog said:
    I’m just glad nothing has happened to Brady since Belichick refuses you take him out of meaningless blowout games or at least has always kept him in there over the years. I think he took him out once this year ☝️

Ya then Stidam promptly threw a pick and that was the end of that :D

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

Ya then Stidam promptly threw a pick and that was the end of that :D

I think your right, week 2 I think? Either way it’s been going on with Belichick for Brady’s entire career.