Options

Random thoughts on the NFL season.

Comments

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like he will miss 3 weeks

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

I said something about that before they ran that play. I would have tried to keep him as far away from contact as possible.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

DENVER —
    ESPN’s Adam Schefter and NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport both reported Friday afternoon that the results of Patrick Mahomes’ MRI on his injured right knee were positive for a return this season.

“He’ll return this season after a short time on the sidelines,” Rapoport said.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

he read our russell wilson thread and was seeing the mvp slip away. No reason to worry about mvp now its OVAH!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    You know Mahomes is playing on a bad ankle on a short week and you call for a QB sneak on 4th and 1? Stupid play call.

Totally agree......that's what RB's are for.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope Mahomes is fully healed for the Patriots game.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Hope Mahomes is fully healed for the Patriots game.

I truly hope he is, I want them to play a good team with a legit offense to really see what they got.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope he’s ok for the Pats also. I want Houston, Kansas City and the Patriots to keep beating each other. Ravens and Steelers to keep beating each other and the Bills to beat everyone. Hopefully week 16 will be for the AFC East championship

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully Green Bay can whip the Raiders today and give the Chiefs some desperately needed help
    in the AFC west. Going to be a tough stretch for KC without Mahomes.

Don't think Reid will admit it, but the Mahomes injury was just a dumb play call. You have a guy with
    a sore ankle basically who is going to end up at the bottom of a pile of huge football players. Getting
    an ankle stepped on could happen pretty easily.
    Bottom line- that was a situation when Reid could have kept a gimpy QB out of harm's way but failed
    to do so. It was a stupid mistake, we have running backs for a situation like that.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2019 9:25AM

Totally agree, but Reid can't stand up and think at the same time.

@Darin said:
    Hopefully Green Bay can whip the Raiders today and give the Chiefs some desperately needed help
    in the AFC west. Going to be a tough stretch for KC without Mahomes.

Don't think Reid will admit it, but the Mahomes injury was just a dumb play call. You have a guy with
    a sore ankle basically who is going to end up at the bottom of a pile of huge football players. Getting
    an ankle stepped on could happen pretty easily.
    Bottom line- that was a situation when Reid could have kept a gimpy QB out of harm's way but failed
    to do so. It was a stupid mistake, we have running backs for a situation like that.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahem......

The Falcons suck, suck burger, suckBQ sandwich, suckschnitzel, sucksauseeeeeege....I have to come up with more...just horrible.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    Doesn't it seem that this year there are more really bad teams than normal? you normally have 3 or 4 but this year, there are probably around eight. Miami, Wash, Atlanta, Tampa, both NY teams, Cinci and Denver. Thoughts?

It has really become a league of haves and have nots. It seemed like Miami gave up on the season from the beginning. Washington has had coaching and front office turmoil for years. Atlanta never recovered from the Super Bowl collapse and has gotten worse. Tampa will go nowhere until they give up on Winston and start over. The New York teams might get better with age and experience. Cincinnati, like Washington is poorly managed, and Denver needs retool. As a University of Delaware alumni, I hate to say it, but Flacco is on his way out.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

I would like to thank Derek Carr for choking in a crucial situation. Nice fumble through the end zone dude,
    and way to re create the same mistake you made in 2017. If you had simply gone out of bounds and then
    scored on the next play, you had a good chance of defeating Green Bay. Instead, your choke basically sealed
    the win for the Packers.

Also thanks to the Chargers for the choke job late in the game, whoever the chump was that fumbled
    on the goal line and sealed the win for Tennessee. Best finish to a game I've seen in a long time.

If this is the Chiefs competition, they should cruise to the AFC west title even without Mahomes.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

Mr. Cousins is playing up to expectations.

• Options

Best QB in the AFC , Bressett B) , even Rodney agrees

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

For now. Give him an entire season, especially when the chips are down.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:

@thisistheshow said:

Both the Vikes and Lions looked good today. Lot of scoring.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@BillJones said:

@thisistheshow said:

The Lions played defense like a team of paper tigers. I could see where that game was going at halftime.

It was better than the Eagles’ performance. I could see where that game was going after the first minute.

The Lions only play well early in the season against teams they are not supposed to beat. Witness the Patriots and Eagles last season. When It comes to the games they need to get anywhere, they fold up like a 25 cent suitcase. Like the comedian said on the Fox football comedy show today, Stafford and Cousins are the most overpaid players on the field. Cousins seems to be making an effort to lose that reputation this year.

• Options

@2dueces said:
    Buffalo squeaked another one out today. They are pretty banged up. Thankfully we have a bye next week to get everyone healthy and Miami comes to town the following week. I dare say my 5-1 prediction to start this thread is a possibility. Now hoping my second half of that prediction becomes reality.

Fitz always scares me. He’s capable of throwing 5 TDS or 5 interceptions. Buffalo came out flat in the first half after a bye week but took care of business. 5-1.
    Next 5 games. Eagles, Redskins, Browns, Dolphins and Broncos. Dare I say 9-2 going to Dallas on Thanksgiving?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@BillJones said:

@thisistheshow said:

The Lions played defense like a team of paper tigers. I could see where that game was going at halftime.

It was better than the Eagles’ performance. I could see where that game was going after the first minute.

The Lions only play well early in the season against teams they are not supposed to beat. Witness the Patriots and Eagles last season. When It comes to the games they need to get anywhere, they fold up like a 25 cent suitcase. Like the comedian said on the Fox football comedy show today, Stafford and Cousins are the most overpaid players on the field. Cousins seems to be making an effort to lose that reputation this year.

Cousins is an OK QB. Maybe even better than OK.

Did you see what his RB did?

If Kirk gets a little time, he can hit the open receiver very nicely, he has a good, accurate arm.

In looking at the rushing leaders Dalvin appears to be the best RB in the league right now. Defenses have to try to contain him and Cousins is helped greatly by this and Minnesota's young improving offensive line.

Don't get too excited about Cousins yet, there will be some tough games ahead.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a Redskins fan and I can say without a doubt that the worst team in the NFL is the Redskins. And the rot with that team starts at the top with the worst owner in pro sports: Dan Snyder -- and his lacky no-nothing GM Bruce Allen, is only exacerbating the problem. The Redskins will never ever be a good team until Snyder passes and Bruce Allen is replaced with a true knowledgeable GM. Other teams may be bad this year, but no team has the rot at the top like the Redskins that will sabotage them for decades.

• Options

@WingedLiberty1957 said:
    I am a Redskins fan and I can say without a doubt that the worst team in the NFL is the Redskins. And the rot with that team starts at the top with the worst owner in pro sports: Dan Snyder -- and his lacky no-nothing GM Bruce Allen, is only exacerbating the problem. The Redskins will never ever be a good team until Snyder passes and Bruce Allen is replaced with a true knowledgeable GM. Other teams may be bad this year, but no team has the rot at the top like the Redskins that will sabotage them for decades.

The Redskins are one of the truly great historic franchises. The sad thing is that there is an entire generation plus of fans who don't know it. They need an intervention.

• Options

I look for Buffalo to add a receiver before the deadline. It will not be AJ Green. With John Brown on one side and Cole Beasley in the slot a top receiver on the other side would balance that offense. I thought Duke Williams was going to be the big bodied goal line target but I think his shoulder injury is worse than they thought. Maybe add a top tier RB also. They don’t need much to get over the hump, take the monkey off their backs and beat New England for the AFC East title. 9-2 is very possible if the take care of business again the Eagles this Sunday.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    I look for Buffalo to add a receiver before the deadline. It will not be AJ Green. With John Brown on one side and Cole Beasley in the slot a top receiver on the other side would balance that offense. I thought Duke Williams was going to be the big bodied goal line target but I think his shoulder injury is worse than they thought. Maybe add a top tier RB also. They don’t need much to get over the hump, take the monkey off their backs and beat New England for the AFC East title. 9-2 is very possible if the take care of business again the Eagles this Sunday.

I'm happy to have the Bills playing well. As a Patriots fan, it makes things a lot more fun and exciting knowing that the division is no longer a gimme.

• Options
    edited October 27, 2019 8:42PM

@2dueces said:

Thanks a LOT for taking care of the Eaglet's. ;) I really thought you would win that game.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@2dueces said:

Thanks a LOT for taking care of the Eaglet's. ;) I really thought you would win that game.

Maybe it is who Buffalo really is. Buffalo had no answer to runs or screens out side the numbers or when Wentz ran. It’ll be a long long game against Baltimore if they don’t fix it. Congratulations to Philly. They righted the ship quickly.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

pittsburgh is gagging at home against Miami

did the league order the dolphins not to throw the game again?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    pittsburgh is gagging at home against Miami

did the league order the dolphins not to throw the game again?

So it looks like they're taking a week off from the take and my take is Pittsburgh is now on the take.
    Of course this would have to be confirmed with dimeman.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

The Steelers without Ben are just not a good offensive team. They have weapons, but are you going to count on their QB being able to beat you!

• Options

I didn't get to watch the Niners Cardinals game as I was out trick or treating.

Anyone have any interesting observations?

• Options

Kyler Murray looks like he's going to be a good one for the Cards, Jimmy G has found a #1 WR, and yes, The Niners are for real.

• Options

I have not seen a single Cardinals game this year. I have to try to catch one.

• Options

Only saw the Cards play 1 time, when they were on the tube vs the Giants. Jones was getting all the hype before the game and Murray outplayed him. Cards do have some talent, but still a long way to go. If he continues to progress, Murray may be the QB of the future

• Options

In a lot of other scenarios, Murray wouldn't have been getting this chance. I like that we get the opportunity to see him do this.

• Options

Huge win for the Chiefs over the Vikings.
    Matt Moore has done really well taking over for Mahomes.
    1-1 record against the Packers and Vikings, pretty good for a guy who was coaching H.S. football.
    Hopefully Mahomes will be back next week, if not the team has confidence in Moore to get the job done.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

Wish I could get the Raiders-Lions game instead of Chargers-Pack.

If the Lions win it will make watching the Sunday night game with the Pats-Ravens even more enjoyable.
    I'll still be in a good mood with the Chiefs winning, but a Lions win would be icing on the cake. :p

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

@Darin said:
    Wish I could get the Raiders-Lions game instead of Chargers-Pack.

If the Lions win it will make watching the Sunday night game with the Pats-Ravens even more enjoyable.
    I'll still be in a good mood with the Chiefs winning, but a Lions win would be icing on the cake. :p

The Lions are looking good. I don't usually root for them, but if it helps the Chiefs......OK. B)

• Options

Talk about upsets...…..the Chargers are kicking the Packers arse !! :o

• Options

The Packers are on the take!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Huge win for the Chiefs over the Vikings.
    Matt Moore has done really well taking over for Mahomes.
    1-1 record against the Packers and Vikings, pretty good for a guy who was coaching H.S. football.
    Hopefully Mahomes will be back next week, if not the team has confidence in Moore to get the job done.

Cousins didn't look too good today.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cleveland Browns record is now at 2-6.

When are teams in a rebuilding mode, finally going to learn that trading draft picks and paying large sums of cash to a star wide receiver such as Odell Beckham, is usually a waste of time and money, often detrimental to the long term progress of the team.

Yes, QB Baker Mayfield is not having a good season. However that money and those future pics used on Beckham, should have been used to improve the offensive line, where it all starts for a team that wants to be competitive and win football games in today's NFL.

• Options

@stevek said:

When are teams in a rebuilding mode, finally going to learn that trading draft picks and paying large sums of cash to a star wide receiver such as Odell Beckham, is usually a waste of time and money, often detrimental to the long term progress of the team.

Yes, QB Baker Mayfield is not having a good season. However that money and those future pics used on Beckham, should have been used to improve the offensive line, where it all starts for a team that wants to be competitive and win football games in today's NFL.

invest in a new coach with money from your couch cushions.

NFL , pay lousy QB 100 million , hire rookie coach ? why are we 2-6 its so confusing :o

college pay coach 100 million get free players have fake playoffs make big tv money

both are mind boggling

• Options
    edited November 3, 2019 8:42PM

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

NFL , pay lousy QB 100 million , hire rookie coach ? why are we 2-6 its so confusing :o

college pay coach 100 million get free players have fake playoffs make big tv money

both are mind boggling

Post of the year right here! 😂😂😂

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

both are mind boggling

Yes, but i get a post of the year assist because Bronco responded to my post. ;)

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

both are mind boggling

Yes, but i get a post of the year assist because Bronco responded to my post. ;)

Noted 👍

• Options

Combine the 2 theories , free coach and free players and you can still sell hotdogs for $16 apiece , looks like fans are stupid too

• Options

Was hoping the Chargers would beat the Raiders on Thursday night because Oakland has an easy
    schedule the next few weeks. However, its not all bad as the Chargers look like they're finished for the
    year and Philip Rivers is looking older than George Blanda.

Chiefs are supposed to have Mahomes back against Tennessee tomorrow, hope he shakes
    off the rust quickly and gets back into the groove he was in.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

Chiefs will destroy Tennessee