Home Sports Talk
Options

Philadelphia Eagles 2019 season official thread

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will probably be a low scoring game. The Bills have a good defense but not much offense. The Eagles have an underperforming offense and so-so defense. As a Patriots and Eagles fan, I rooting for the Eagles, but their tank is empty. Buffalo wins a close one.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

It’s do or die day for the Eagles. If they lose this one, it’s wait till next year.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    It’s do or die day for the Eagles. If they lose this one, it’s wait till next year.

I'm hoping for "die" :)B)

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

This Bills coach Sean McDermott, must be on drugs today with his play calling.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Today they look like the team I thought they had. Will be tough when they get some injured folks back

• Options

Eagles can wrap this one up with a score on this drive.

• Options

Looking good!!!!!

• Options

Great drive so far led by future Hall of Famer, Carson Wentz.

• Options

Keep that clock ticking....................

• Options

CARSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Tick, Tick, Tick...............................

• Options

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Eagles back home next week against the Bears.

Outside chance of DeSean Jackson being back for that game.

We shall see. :)

• Options

@stevek said:

I wish you wouldn't talk silly. Wentz and HOF should never be in the same sentence. Come on man!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I wish you wouldn't talk silly. Wentz and HOF should never be in the same sentence. Come on man!

I clearly stated "future."

That is fact.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I clearly stated "future."

That is fact.

I keep tryin' to tell ya. Buy all the Carson Wentz rookie cards you can. Then retire in your mansion.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

On that last touchdown drive, Wentz looked better than Montana or Brady ever looked.

• Options

I thought the Bills were supposed to be good this year and then this. We stomped a mudhole in the Beagles and then the Beagles stomp a mudhole in the Bills!! We shouldn't even have to play the Bills. They should just give us the "W".

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

On that last touchdown drive, Wentz looked better than Montana or Brady ever looked.

OMG......I think I am gonna be sick!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

When Carson gets inducted into the Hall of Fame around 15 years or so from now, I demand a lengthy detailed and sincere apology.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

When Carson gets inducted into the Hall of Fame around 15 years or so from now, I demand a lengthy detailed and sincere apology.

In 15 years I would be 87...…...I may not even know you or who I am! ;)

15/24 for 174 yards is not much to get excited about much less putting him ahead of Brady or anybody for that matter.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

In 15 years I would be 87...…...I may not even know you or who I am! ;)

15/24 for 174 yards is not much to get excited about much less putting him ahead of Brady or anybody for that matter.

In 15 years with all the medical innovations going on out there, many people will be living past 100 years old with no problem. :)

The key is to enjoy a healthy diet, so that your brain stays sharp. Then 15 years from now when i'm laying down smack against the Cowboys, you'll be lucent enough to get hissed off about it. B)

• Options

You're a hoot Steve. I like Pizza, Cheeseburgers & Fries and snacks...…..what are my chances? :o

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    You're a hoot Steve. I like Pizza, Cheeseburgers & Fries and snacks...…..what are my chances? :o

That's food for kids, not what a 72 year old man should be eating.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

That's food for kids, not what a 72 year old man should be eating.

I guess I am a kid at heart. B)

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Easy win for the Eagles against the Bears, who completely suck and couldn't
    help out a Mahomes less Chiefs team by beating the Chargers, who have a
    disgusting habit of going on a winning streak this time of year.

• Options

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

Easy win for the Eagles against the Bears, who completely suck and couldn't
    help out a Mahomes less Chiefs team by beating the Chargers, who have a
    disgusting habit of going on a winning streak this time of year.

Speaking of the Chargers.......who is the BIGGEST cry baby in the NFL. That's right......Phillip Rivers! What a POS he is!!!!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to the Eagles. They kicked our butt today. I’ve said it but worth repeating. No team is as good or bad as it’s last game. But Philly made us look pretty bad.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Congratulations to the Eagles. They kicked our butt today. I’ve said it but worth repeating. No team is as good or bad as it’s last game. But Philly made us look pretty bad.

<<< Congratulations to the Eagles. >>>

Thank you.

<<< No team is as good or bad as it’s last game. >>>

You're right, with the exception of it can depend on the team and the situation.

For example the Dolphins are as bad as their last games. A marginal team that has lost their starting quarterback is as bad as their last games without him. Even a kicker suddenly gone bad can have a precipitously negative effect on a football team.

That game yesterday just didn't set up well for the Bills. As previously mentioned the Eagles were going to play better than their previous game, and the weather conditions in my opinion greatly helped the Eagles for a variety of reasons.

Without going into a dissertation, seemed to me that Sean McDermott presented a lethargic game plan, and also he poorly adapted to the changing conditions throughout the game. I've read and seen where great coaches will sometimes throw out the initial game plan early in the game and initiate a new one depending on the circumstances, and McDermott miserably failed to do that.

But McDermott is a smart guy and he will learn from those mistakes.

Hopefully in three weeks, the Eagles can knock off the Patriots at the Linc, and help you guys out a little bit in the AFC East standings. :)

• Options

@stevek said:

Hopefully in three weeks, the Eagles can knock off the Patriots at the Linc, and help you guys out a little bit in the AFC East standings. :)

As John Wayne said in the "Searchers" 20 times......."that'ill be the day"!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I thought that was Buddy Holly?

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Difference between a song and a line in a movie. You're quick today Steve. B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

<<< You're quick today Steve. >>>

That's what the ladies always tell me.

But i'm not so sure it's a compliment. :|

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I've heard you are called the "Minute Man" of Philly!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I've heard you are called the "Minute Man" of Philly!

With the Eagles cheerleaders it's sooner than that. :|

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm going to pretend like i didn't read about stevek's expedited prowess and instead talk about the Eagles

i caught a lot of the game against Buffalo yesterday and i'm not sure i've ever seen such an abrupt about-face in a week's time. from a performance against the Cowboys that looked like they were mailing it in for the season to a team that looked like a force to be reckoned with from here on out. all i had been hearing was how stout Buffalo's defense is, yet Philly repeatedly gashed the crap out of them yesterday. meanwhile, the Eagles' D made me rub my eyes a few times to make sure Reggie White, Seth Joyner and Brian Dawkins weren't out there

maybe they can get Orlando Scandrick to blow off his bazoo every week?

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i'm going to pretend like i didn't read about stevek's expedited prowess and instead talk about the Eagles

i caught a lot of the game against Buffalo yesterday and i'm not sure i've ever seen such an abrupt about-face in a week's time. from a performance against the Cowboys that looked like they were mailing it in for the season to a team that looked like a force to be reckoned with from here on out. all i had been hearing was how stout Buffalo's defense is, yet Philly repeatedly gashed the crap out of them yesterday. meanwhile, the Eagles' D made me rub my eyes a few times to make sure Reggie White, Seth Joyner and Brian Dawkins weren't out there

maybe they can get Orlando Scandrick to blow off his bazoo every week?

I don't think the Eagles are a lock to win against your Bears this coming Sunday. I think the Eagles should find a way to win, but a few bad bounces and the Bears could come out of the Linc with the victory.

The Bears even though they have been playing below expectations this season, are 2-1 on the road. Plus they are coming off a three game losing streak, so they should be a bit hissed off about that, and motivated to step it up. It wouldn't surprise me if the Bears perform well on Sunday.

If the Eagles aren't firing on all cylinders, the Eagles could lose this game.

I'd wish ya good luck, but you'd know I wouldn't mean it. ;)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wentz is healthy and the running game is solid, the D has been playing well but since it was against Buffalo I’d be cautiously optimistic, the Bears need a rebound win big time and are probably steaming mad since that moronic coaching call by Nagy.

• Options

If the Eagles lose this home game to the Bears, they might well fly south for the winter and take off for the rest of the season.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    If the Eagles lose this home game to the Bears, they might well fly south for the winter and take off for the rest of the season.

After the Bears get done with them Sunday they won't have enough feathers left to fly anywhere. ;)B)

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

A nice win by the Birds on Sunday. Getting Darby back into the lineup was nice, although Josh Allen is really not a good measuring stick. Maybe DJax gets back on the field this week. Team starting to take shape, getting ready for the home stretch.

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    A nice win by the Birds on Sunday. Getting Darby back into the lineup was nice, although Josh Allen is really not a good measuring stick. Maybe DJax gets back on the field this week. Team starting to take shape, getting ready for the home stretch.

I agree with ya, and with a few breaks and Wentz staying healthy, there is no reason this 2019 Eagles team doesn't have a shot at the Super Bowl.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

Jordan Howard against his old team....ya think he has something to prove there?????

• Options

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-desean-jackson-injury-chicago-bears-20191101.html

Eagles’ DeSean Jackson said he’s ready to return from injury, with caution

For the past six weeks, Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson has felt helpless, forced to watch from the sideline as his team struggled with ugly road losses and the passing game sputtered.

Jackson is no stranger to injury, having missed 14 games in the previous five seasons. But he said that didn’t make it any easier this time.

His long waiting game, however, might end Sunday.

The dynamic deep threat, who has been sidelined with an abdominal tear since early in the Week 2 loss to Atlanta, could play in some capacity when the Eagles (4-4) match up against the Chicago Bears (3-4) at Lincoln Financial Field.

• Options

Looks like the Eagles came to play and the Cubs just showed up!

• Options

Well, not the most entertaining game thus far, but the Eagles up 12-0 at halftime.

I know some here laughed at my Doug Pederson on drugs insinuation, and that's fine. But once again Pederson puzzles me? Eagles up 12-0, field a punt on their own 13 yard line with around 25 seconds left in the first half. Of course you should just sit on the ball and run out the clock in that situation, and the Bears are happy to oblige especially having only one time out left. Yet Pederson acts if if the Eagles are behind in the score and on the Bears 13 yard line. He's got Wentz passing and running, absolute useless yards, with little chance of any score, and a possible chance of the Bears intercepting a pass or recovering a fumble. Wentz running in that situation, are you kidding me? That series really, REALLY ticked me off.

If Pederson isn't on drugs, i'd like to know where his friggin' mind is sometimes this season.

Oh well, the Eagles get the ball to start the half. The Bears ineptitude at this point is somewhat astonishing. Hard to believe the Bears will play that bad in the second half as well. This game is far from over.

• Options

Eagles up 19-0.

I'm tellin' ya, this game ain't over yet.

• Options

One thing about the 2019 edition of the Bears. No one will ever say that they are “offensive.” In fact they are least “offensive” team in the league.

• Options

I knew it, 53 yard pass by the Bears, then a TD a few plays later. Eagles have been doing this chit on defense all season. 😒

• Options

I don't think you have a thing to worry about Steve.....these Cubs look hapless!