Options

Philadelphia Eagles 2019 season official thread

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

She had to suit up in case McCown got injured out

That's just terrible! For all you know, he could have been seriously hurt. Just a bad comment when talking about an injured player, no matter who he is.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:

@bronco2078 said:

She had to suit up in case McCown got injured out

That's just terrible! For all you know, he could have been seriously hurt. Just a bad comment when talking about an injured player, no matter who he is.

He writes his own material.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen the replay yet.
    Local radio was at a fever pitch, NFL fans gathering tourches and pick forks.
    If true, this 1 yard run by Wentz,(with submission) ends up as stated,
    I think its kinda clear this was his intention.
    Mr. Goodell you can go to your car now, the coast is clear. RUN
    Tom Brady's driving.

• Options

Also goes to show how difficult it is to get thru a season without injury. And the NFL wants to add more games to boot! Tough to stomach when you get into the playoffs and teams are forced to play guys they just pulled off the practice squad or even off the street.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    Just curious what the sentiment is here? I heard all the media and watched the game. What do people here think about the Clowney hit on Wentz? Clean or dirty? Penalty or Not?

Maybe the unwritten rule now is that the refs won't call as many of these type of penalties during the playoffs. "Let them play" so to speak. But i really don't know.

In any event, it's spilled milk now.

Frankly because of this, that game was very depressing, more so to me than a typical playoff loss. We all knew the Eagles likely weren't going to get to the Super Bowl this season. But at least the football gods should have allowed us some fun and let Wentz play the whole game and see how it went.

First DeSean Jackson went down early in the season and to me that killed the potential of any Super Bowl possibility this season. And of course with Wentz going down early in the playoff game, that basically killed any chance of the Eagles advancing.

I don't mind losing so much when ya at least get a fair shake, but the football gods just wouldn't give us that this season.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, the football gods are real, it's not a myth. I speak to them regularly and let me tell you, they are a mean bunch of bastiges. ;)

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

on.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, the football gods are real, it's not a myth. I speak to them regularly and let me tell you, they are a mean bunch of bastiges. ;)

Ask them if they are FINALLY going to smile on my Vikings, a team they have been particularly cruel to.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wentz really seems to be on the upswing. I really like his progress this year, but he REALLY needs to learn to slide feet first, like Wilson does. Live to play another down.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

The big thing is that we still aren't sure how Wentz will perform on the big stage. He was great down the stretch but it would have been nice to get a peek of a full game in playoff time.

Also, just can't believe the NFL didn't even fine Clowney! They just stick up for the bonehead opinion of the referee.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2020 9:12AM

@JRR300 said:
    Also goes to show how difficult it is to get thru a season without injury. And the NFL wants to add more games to boot! Tough to stomach when you get into the playoffs and teams are forced to play guys they just pulled off the practice squad or even off the street.

The NFL does NOT need to schedule any more regular season games PERIOD. The wear and tear on the players is enough already.

The

@JRR300 said:
    The big thing is that we still aren't sure how Wentz will perform on the big stage. He was great down the stretch but it would have been nice to get a peek of a full game in playoff time.

Also, just can't believe the NFL didn't even fine Clowney! They just stick up for the bonehead opinion of the referee.

Wentz is yet to prove how well he can do on “the big stage.” He has been injured either before or during the game every time he might have had an opportunity.

On the other hand, the kid quarterback for Ravens has now failed twice badly. He’s got a lot of proving to do if he is ever to be rated among the elite quarterbacks in the league. So far he’s only been a regular season flash in the pan.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Well next man up time (Alumni)..
    Andy Reed !
    "Win"
    also remember,"Vince Lombardi, never won a Super Bowl".

• Options

Cheat posts available for sale in this thread.

The price if you act now is 5 cheat posts for 10 cents or 10 cheat posts for 5 cents, whichever you prefer.

A bonus package of 100 cheat posts for 1 cent is available if you wish to really improve and be competitive on your post count.

Act now, this offer is limited to the first one million respondents. After that we cannot guarantee that this once in a lifetime offer will ever be repeated.

• Options

@emeraldATV said:
    Well next man up time (Alumni)..
    Andy Reed !
    "Win"
    also remember,"Vince Lombardi, never won a Super Bowl".

Well they named the Super Bowl trophy after him, so maybe there was a reason. 😉

• Options

Relax its posted that way to make you smile, and as I forgot too say, Good Luck too all,
    AND,...........We, Will, Have None of That as you called it.
    Good !

Now wheres the scooper...

• Options

On another note , the OC job front has been very quiet. The only rumor I've heard that makes sense is the KC QB coach, Mike???? Kafka, former Eagle backup QB. Anyone hear anything else?