Home Sports Talk
Options

Philadelphia Eagles 2019 season official thread

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, those cubbies are raising their ugly heads and want to be Bears. This reverse logic is working......

• Options

Well, they reverted back to the Cubs on that last drive by the Eagles! :s

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Eagles held on to the win. Don’t get too excited. It was against the inoffensive Bears.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bears wouldn't have came back anyway, but to fumble the kickoff return and lose any chance, has to be very disconcerting for a Bears fan.

Well it doesn't feel all that bad to be 5-4 going into the bye week. Everything is still on the table for this Eagles season to be a success. Sure hope DeSean Jackson is back in two weeks against the Patriots.

Sure would be nice to see the Giants upset the stinkin' Cowboys tomorrow night.

• Options

The ‘Boys managed to lose to the Jets who managed to lose to the Miami Minnows today. Maybe New York will have their number this year.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    The ‘Boys managed to lose to the Jets who managed to lose to the Miami Minnows today. Maybe New York will have their number this year.

As John Wayne said 20 times in The Searchers...……"that'll be the day" !

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019 12:16PM

congrats to Philly yesterday. very glad they won. any game Chicago wins from here on out is only damaging the team come draft day, so when they play like excrement and deserve to lose, i certainly don't want them pulling a rabbit out of a hat. and for a minute there i thought they were going to.

i'm not sure Cincinnati's offense could try to be as inept as Chicago's and pull it off. with a minute to go in the first half yesterday, the Bears had 1 yard of offense and no first downs. the Trubisky experiment needs to end; i've forced myself to take shots of truth serum and publicly admit that the guy can't throw the football. he is, without a shadow of a doubt, a detriment to the team. for every ball that left his hand and missed the mark, i ordered a beer. suffice it to say i was drunk as a skunk by game's end.

he severely underthrew Allen Robinson on a go route (when had 2-3 steps) that 95% of other starting NFL QBs would have converted into a touchdown. not only did it not result in a trip to the house, but it was so poorly thrown that it allowed the CB to close the gap and break up the pass. and while the 53-yd deep crosser to Gabriel looks great on paper, watch the actual throw and once again, a pass that required an adjustment and thus did not return max value (a sure touchdown). Trubisky royally sucks, but the Bears' brass drafted him and so now it's time for them to lie in the urine-scented bed they made.

as for the Eagles, they didn't play as well as they did against the Bills (a game i also watched). they didn't have their 'A' game, but then again you don't have to be at your best to beat Chicago right now. they ran the ball effectively against a weary and dispirited Bears' D. Wentz wasn't sexy but he didn't make any mistakes. in fact, i don't think Philly turned the ball over once and that always helps matters.

• Options

:/

I knew it - Eagles had the best of luck two seasons ago, phenomenal luck, but luck does have a tendency to even out, and this bad luck sort of figures. :/

I'll still be rooting for the Eagles but this is very depressing. Frankly, i don't think the Eagles have the horses to get to the Super Bowl without Jackson. Not with their porous secondary. :/

In the meantime, this upcoming Patriots game which i was really looking forward to when the season began. Now i'm basically not. :/

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

A very nice win by the Birds. A good day running the ball vs a very good Bears D. 40 + minutes time of possession wins a lot of games. Bye week now, then the Pats coming off a loss. Starting to get all bodies healthy, so it's looking promising for the last 7 weeks.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

D Jax is made of Glass

• Options

@perkdog said:
    D Jax is made of Glass

He should have had the surgery originally and he would have been back playing now. It's a shame because he is the exact ingredient they lack. And with the way they are running the ball now, he would get a lot of single coverage. They drafted another wideout last year, but they keep bringing in these slower guys thinking they fill a need, I just don't get it.

• Options

@JRR300 said:

@perkdog said:
    D Jax is made of Glass

He should have had the surgery originally and he would have been back playing now. It's a shame because he is the exact ingredient they lack. And with the way they are running the ball now, he would get a lot of single coverage. They drafted another wideout last year, but they keep bringing in these slower guys thinking they fill a need, I just don't get it.

Are the Eagles off today...….I can't find them in a score?

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@JRR300 said:

@perkdog said:
    D Jax is made of Glass

Are the Eagles off today...….I can't find them in a score?

Eagles played a double header yesterday and won both games.

• Options

For once I’m rooting for Kirt Cousins.

Even if he comes through, the Eagles will have to win it for themselves.

Which leads me to next week’s game between my two favorite teams.

• Options

Vikes are a real tough team to predict. We shall soon see.

• Options

Looks like the good Kirk came to play this evening. Thank you Kirk for putting the Cowgirls in their place.

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    Looks like the good Kirk came to play this evening. Thank you Kirk for putting the Cowgirls in their place.

Tied up in the NFC East.

Considering that at certain points in this season it could have been worse, i'll take it.

I'm not sure if this Eagles team has the horses to get to the Super Bowl, particularly without DeSean Jackson, but at least we're still in the hunt. :)

• Options

Hope can spring eternal, but I don’t see great things for this Eagles team. The ineptitude of the Dallas team is the main thing that is keeping the season interesting.

• Options

Eagles are in deep trouble in this game against the Patriots with the Eagles up 10-0.

All this will do is make Tom Brady and the Patriots mad.

Eagles should have fell behind say 14-0, and tried to lull the Patriots to sleep.

• Options

Final score prediction Patriots 52, Eagles 10.

• Options

Patriots driving, make it 72-10

• Options

Brady usually leads his team to a touchdown in a situation such as that.

Patriots only got a field goal, so i'm reducing my game prediction to Patriots 65, Eagles 10.

• Options

A pick or fumble recovery sure would be nice right about now.

• Options

Too many mistakes, and not stepping it up on third down.

Fatal against the Patriots.

• Options

Lane Johnson likely out for the game.

No DeSean Jackson.

Too much to overcome.

• Options

No TD's yet for the Patriots in the first half?

That's a bit unusual.

• Options

Unbelievable. 😒

• Options
    edited November 17, 2019 3:50PM

@stevek said:
    No TD's yet for the Patriots in the first half?

That's a bit unusual.

I jinxed it.

Here it comes. 😒

• Options

Eagles blow another 10-0 lead...usually it's blowing a 17-0 lead. 😒

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Were just gonna kick field goals so we can keep it closer 😩

• Options

Amazing the D keeping the Patriots out of the end zone.

However this was 3 points that shouldn't have happened. 😒

• Options

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    Were just gonna kick field goals so we can keep it closer 😩

Not a great game so far for either team, that's for sure.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

mebbe not, but it sure is entertaining. flip a coin!

btw, perk has been conspicuously silent lol

• Options

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@stevek said:

mebbe not, but it sure is entertaining. flip a coin!

btw, perk has been conspicuously silent lol

Yea I figured if I opened my mouth I would have put my foot in it 😂

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

And now we await the in-depth analysis of the game from the UBER poster, aka Stevek.

Patriots, gotta love 'em!! B)
    Never a worry Paul.

• Options

The honerable SteveK doing the right thing and making good on his bet. Cheers buddy 🍻

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    And now we await the in-depth analysis of the game from the UBER poster, aka Stevek.

Patriots, gotta love 'em!! B)
    Never a worry Paul.

Tight game though!! Could have gone either way, no shame on the Eagles 🍻

• Options

Nothing upsets me more than losing the avatar bet. However what comes close is that this was a very winnable game for the Eagles.

The Defense unexpectedly played great. But it was for naught because the offense including Carson Wentz, except for one drive was dreadful. I can't even count how many open receivers that Wentz missed out there.

The Eagles season isn't over yet, but unfortunately this Eagles team at this point is basically a second tier type of team. I have to face the stone hard facts. :/

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tough, tight game. Pats made great adjustments in the second half. Why did the Eagles stop using Sanders? He looked great in the first quarter.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

The game definitely could have gone either way

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, you didn't think he'd escape without some ribbing!!

Brady not up to snuff...he may be looking at their portfolio and saying no mas. After all, how much money do you need when you have so much?

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

Brady not up to snuff...he may be looking at their portfolio and saying no mas. After all, how much money do you need when you have so much?

Well the fact is that Brady finished up with a QB rating of 67.3 with no touchdown passes, and the Patriots only scored one touchdown.

Given that sort of opportunity, you should normally beat any team with those sort of stats. Especially at home. Unfortunately the Eagles weren't up to the task.

• Options

@stevek said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

Well the fact is that Brady finished up with a QB rating of 67.3 with no touchdown passes, and the Patriots only scored one touchdown.

Given that sort of opportunity, you should normally beat any team with those sort of stats. Especially at home. Unfortunately the Eagles weren't up to the task.

Brady to me looks to be not as Sharp. It’s a shame Gordon and AB were let go, really there was no reason for either of them to get cut by the Pats. But 100% credit still goes to the Eagles for playing very good D, they Pats D just played a little better. That was the difference

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

what did the new wide receiver do? I didn't notice much , I was working in the garage with the TV on , I think I heard his name twice

• Options
    edited November 18, 2019 12:08PM

@bronco2078 said:
    what did the new wide receiver do? I didn't notice much , I was working in the garage with the TV on , I think I heard his name twice

3 catches for 18 yards on 4 targets, nothing crazy, but Philly Defenders were all over everyone all night

• Options

Hey Steve.......I love your new avatar. It's a lot better than that dreadful little Hummingbird! :)B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Hey Steve.......I love your new avatar. It's a lot better than that dreadful little Hummingbird! :)B)

Sheesh rub salt in the poor guys wounds why don’t ya 😂😂😂

• Options

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Sheesh rub salt in the poor guys wounds why don’t ya 😂😂😂

:D