Home Sports Talk

Philadelphia Eagles 2019 season official thread

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    I’ll have to admit that I’ve never seen this before. An NFL team playing an exhibition game in mid-season?

Anyway, it will be nice to get this exhibition game over with on Sunday. Then back to the regular season next week.

Who is it again? The Pets, the Wets? Oh so sorry, the Jets…of New Jersey, or is it New Hampshire? Oh so sorry again, of New York. I think that’s right now?

Frankly I would like to have seen the Eagles play the little old ladies football team from the local memory care home for some better competition, but I guess for an exhibition game it really doesn’t matter.

After the game, some of the Eagles players are going to sign autographs for the Jets players as a sort of memento of the occasion. With a special Eagles team signed football going to the Jets player who manages to gain one yard in total for the game if that occurs.

You are going to feel awfully silly if the Jets some how win this game! B) I will be in rare form if that happens! B)

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:
    I’ll have to admit that I’ve never seen this before. An NFL team playing an exhibition game in mid-season?

Anyway, it will be nice to get this exhibition game over with on Sunday. Then back to the regular season next week.

Who is it again? The Pets, the Wets? Oh so sorry, the Jets…of New Jersey, or is it New Hampshire? Oh so sorry again, of New York. I think that’s right now?

Frankly I would like to have seen the Eagles play the little old ladies football team from the local memory care home for some better competition, but I guess for an exhibition game it really doesn’t matter.

After the game, some of the Eagles players are going to sign autographs for the Jets players as a sort of memento of the occasion. With a special Eagles team signed football going to the Jets player who manages to gain one yard in total for the game if that occurs.

You are going to feel awfully silly if the Jets some how win this game! B) I will be in rare form if that happens! B)

Always remember ...Any Given Sunday,,,

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey come on now, it's not like I'm predicting the Eagles will beat the Jets by 200 points or anything like that.

It'll be 100 points at the most.

Okay here goes, and i think Jets fans will like this:

Jets will be losing the game so badly, and their QBs performing so badly, that Joe Namath who happened to be in attendance at the game, is tapped on the shoulder by a Jets coach and asked to come into the game.

Joe quickly suits up, and while he performs miserably, it's still better than the other Jets QBs.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

More like a major embarrassment. The only thing worse would be if the Eagles lost to Miami.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Sorry Jets fans, your coach made a call to the commissioner and asked for a stay of execution regarding today's game against the Eagles.

However that request was denied.

The execution takes place as scheduled at 1:00 today.

But don't worry too much, in around three hours it will all be over.

I am so very sorry. 😢

Nice Eagles win today, nice Cowboys loss today.

All is right in the world. :)

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve I must admit I might have been wrong about Dallas owning the division, Ofcourse a Win against the Jets is a give me but looks like Dallas isn’t a shoo in

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

Will be a good test on the road in Minnesota. If they stop Cook, the Vikes will be done. Zimmer is so concerned about running the ball that, when they have trouble doing so, he isn't flexible enough to alter his game plan. I give the Eagles the edge here, as I like Peterson's game day decision making much better.

@JRR300 said:
    Will be a good test on the road in Minnesota. If they stop Cook, the Vikes will be done. Zimmer is so concerned about running the ball that, when they have trouble doing so, he isn't flexible enough to alter his game plan. I give the Eagles the edge here, as I like Peterson's game day decision making much better.

I wish DeSean Jackson would be back for this game, but it appears as though he isn't going to be ready.

Hopefully he can make it back for the game in Dallas

@JRR300 said:

I would just as soon he didn't!

@JRR300 said:

Looks like it's probably a coin flip.

Yep, they really don't give much info other than he is improving. offense is just so much better with him in there.

@JRR300 said:
    Yep, they really don't give much info other than he is improving. offense is just so much better with him in there.

The basic problem from what I've gathered is that Jackson can't run without extreme pain. So not only must the injury heal, but after it does, he needs to get back into "football shape" in order to successfully perform at a top level, as well as not have the injury happen again.

It's a crying shame because without question, not debatable, the Eagles would be 5-0 with Jackson in there, and the Eagles have a tough stretch of games coming up.

Didn't realize the part about running with pain. It's such a shame because we had a one game preview of this team with him playing and they looked like they would be extremely difficult to defense.

Tough game against the Vikings today.

If the Eagles aren't looking past this game to the Cowboys game, i think this is a winnable game for the Eagles.

edited October 13, 2019 8:15AM

The Eagles beat Green Bay in Green Bay, and the Packers have fewer issues than the Vikings. They should be able to beat them, but if their minds are somewhere else ...

A lot of teams, like the Rams and Vikings, whom some people rated as potential world beaters have looked all too vulnerable this year.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

I don't think that Zimmer will try to change his philosophy. If the Vikes try to force feed Cook all day, that will play right to the strength of the Eagles D. Not having Jackson will make it difficult for Wentz as their safetys can now play up and try to clamp down on Ertz. Should be interesting, but I think the Birds have a strong chance to take this game.

I'm enjoying the game so far. :)

@DIMEMAN said:
    I'm enjoying the game so far. :)

I think you will get to enjoy the whole thing.

That was a TD he should have challenged.

@DIMEMAN said:

Only one foot in bounds, so it’s not a touchdown.

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Only one foot in bounds, so it’s not a touchdown.

You're right......I was looking at it as a runner. The ball crossed the goal line, but the rules are different.

I'm feeling all warm a fuzzy inside. Go Cousins. :)B)

This is going to be a long afternoon for Philadelphia. This week, they should be called the Philadelphia Flounders. They are flat.

Let’s see, do I look at the Saints - Jags game or sit by the pool?

Very little focus so far from this Eagles football team, especially the coaches.

Actually if the Eagles get blown out a little bit in this game, i think it actually helps their chances against the Cowboys next week.

OMG......this is FUN! Cousins is torching the Eaglet's like they are not even there!!!! LOVE IT!!

Might be more than a "little bit." :/

Oh well, it's the exact same thing in the standings as losing by one point.

Cowboys next week. A hissed off Eagles team after this blowout should win that game!

edited October 13, 2019 11:08AM

If DeSean Jackson is back for the upcoming Cowboys game and the Eagles get blown out in this game, I may even guarantee a win against the Cowboys.

Boy I leave the room for 5 minutes and the Beagles get lucky...…...that won't happen again! :)

I love that Kicker QB option play! LMAO!!!

Looks like the word came down...….Vikes are on the take now.

Eagles are going to win this...….the Vikes quit playing. I guess they had it won! :s

@DIMEMAN said:
    Eagles are going to win this...….the Vikes quit playing. I guess they had it won! :s

You don’t have anything to concern you. The Eagles played like the “hummingbirds” in the first half. It was just deep of a hole, even with some heroics later.

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

they took it off the air because the Vikings have it wrapped up. I think the Vikings will win the north if they play their A game every week, even go deep in the playoffs

Ugly game, but i'm not worried about it at this point.

I'm telling ya, if DeSean Jackson comes back for the Cowboys game, i really like the Eagles chances of winning that game.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    Looks like the word came down...….Vikes are on the take now.

I always look forward to dimeman telling us which team is on the take.
    Like this is the 1930's and they're playing for meal money, so the mob gets
    Rocco and Vince to pay them a couple hundred bucks to throw the game.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@stevek said:

I'm telling ya, if DeSean Jackson comes back for the Cowboys game, i really like the Eagles chances of winning that game.

If Dallas plays the way they did again the Jets, that’s true.

you can see that the Eagles have no downfield threat to keep any D honest. The only way they get the ball down the field is on that wheel route to Sanders. Defense just keeps cheating on those short routes to Jeffrey and the TE's.

@BillJones said:

@stevek said:

If Dallas plays the way they did again the Jets, that’s true.

Unfortunately, I think it may be a catch-22. I mean i'm certainly glad the Cowboys lost today, but i think it may motivate them more to beat the Eagles next Sunday night with both teams at 3-3 and the game being played in Dallas.

The Eagles without DeSean Jackson or an ineffective DeSean Jackson because of the injury layoff, may have a tough time winning that game. Hope I'm wrong.

At least the second game will be in Philadelphia. If the race is close, that can make a big difference. The Eagles don’t have want it takes to get to the promised land the way they are now.

With Atlanta’s season quickly fading in the sunset, I wonder if they would like to dump some salary and let Julio Jones go? The guy is getting old, and Atlanta needs go back to the basics with some new young faces. Both the Eagles and the Patriots could use him.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    With Atlanta’s season quickly fading in the sunset, I wonder if they would like to dump some salary and let Julio Jones go? The guy is getting old, and Atlanta needs go back to the basics with some new young faces. Both the Eagles and the Patriots could use him.

Not sure how the Eagles are on cap space but I don’t think the Pats can afford him. He is still an elite receiver, but Atlanta needs to rebuild that D, the offense is the only thing positive on that team. The Eagles are a huge free agent RB team, they don’t really go after the WR’s as hard

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@BillJones said:

Not sure how the Eagles are on cap space but I don’t think the Pats can afford him. He is still an elite receiver, but Atlanta needs to rebuild that D, the offense is the only thing positive on that team. The Eagles are a huge free agent RB team, they don’t really go after the WR’s as hard

I know right , earth to Eagles GM running backs are easy to hire away from wendy's sweeping the parking lot for 11 an hour , come play NFL football for free sneakers .

gotta pay for NFL caliber WR's , some evidence of which is the pats and chiefs hiring the dregs of humanity and crossing their fingers and praying

Holy chit. For a second, I thought Buddy Ryan was back in town. LOL

I certainly hope Pederson's "strategy" works, however the fact is that it rarely does.

i mean the Cowboys are going to be juiced enough after losing to the lowly Jets, and also playing their major historical and NFC East rival for first place...and now this? A bad idea to give a football team added motivation to beat you. It usually backfires.

But we shall see.

Are the Eagles going to hold tryouts for CB after yesterday's debacle. Not sure how much longer they can go with those guys. I'm scared to see if they were playing the Pats what Brady would do. Remember what he did when we had Darby and Mills in the SB. Can Roseman make a deal to get a #1 CB here soon?

@stevek said:

Holy chit. For a second, I thought Buddy Ryan was back in town. LOL

I certainly hope Pederson's "strategy" works, however the fact is that it rarely does.

i mean the Cowboys are going to be juiced enough after losing to the lowly Jets, and also playing their major historical and NFC East rival for first place...and now this? A bad idea to give a football team added motivation to beat you. It usually backfires.

But we shall see.

You have nothing to worry about. Load the box on 1st down EVERY time because it will be a run...NO MATTER WHAT THE SCORE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was Jerry.......Garrett and the OC would be gone before the day is up.