Home Sports Talk
Options

Philadelphia Eagles 2019 season official thread

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    i think my japanese stream is a minute behind anyone wanna bet eagles make an int?

Good call.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

guess I'll clear the 27 viruses off my computer now , after I watch this japanese cheerleading competition

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

@stevek said:
    Brutal game this thing called football.

barbaric. how many vicious hits in this game alone?

Pretty standard honestly

disagree my friend. multiple players hauled off on stretchers

Right but the hits were standard. Injuries happen, and they can happen anytime. It’s a tough game but I don’t think the hits were anymore brutal than normal is all I’m saying. The last stretcher incident was a collision by his own teammate

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    guess I'll clear the 27 viruses off my computer now , after I watch this japanese cheerleading competition

"System restore" knocks 'em right out.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

GB was on the take all the way. MAKES ME PUKE!!!!!

• Options

Damn i must admit, that was fun! :)

Nice 10 day rest and then the Jets.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Nice 10 day rest and then the Jets.

an extended recovery phase and then the Jets. dude that's like utopia

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

I knew Dimeman would be back. 😂

• Options

Good night gentlemen, and you too Dimeman. ;)

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

This is the site I use: https://buffstream.stream/watch-football
    You're going to get popups but it sounds like you get those on the japan sites.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the real question is, where the heck does Jimmy Johnson go on Sundays, when he leaves the Fox NFL show? Tony Gonzalez always takes his place. Does he really have errands to run?

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I didn't mean I was leaving the thread. I quit trying to watch the game on that stupid thing you get on NFL.com when you click on a game across the top and the pic of a field comes up and when there is a play a line moves on the field and it tells you what happened. It takes forever and is always about 2 plays behind. Really painful. Sometimes I will try to watch that when the Cowboy game is not televised. PAINFUL!!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I didn't mean I was leaving the thread. I quit trying to watch the game on that stupid thing you get on NFL.com when you click on a game across the top and the pic of a field comes up and when there is a play a line moves on the field and it tells you what happened. It takes forever and is always about 2 plays behind. Really painful. Sometimes I will try to watch that when the Cowboy game is not televised. PAINFUL!!!

I don't have that NFL package for all the games. I can't afford it like you and the other rich folks on here can such as Perkdog, Grote, etc.

I can barely afford the electric bill. But whenever I'm late on the electric bill and they cut off the power, fortunately I've got a hard working hamster who climbs into that little spinning thing in his cage and the small generator attached to it gives me just enough electricity to watch the Eagles game.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

why didn't you click my japan link , that was a riot to listen to

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

Dimeman is the greatest ever!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

It's 1st and Goal on the 1 yard line and they Pass 4 times! I would run twice. If that doesn't get it on 3rd down I bootleg right and throw to the corner unless they cover....then the QB keeps it and goes in untouched.

If that doesn't work...…..FG!

4 passes......that's just blatant stupidity!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

It's 1st and Goal on the 1 yard line and they Pass 4 times! I would run twice. If that doesn't get it on 3rd down I bootleg right and throw to the corner unless they cover....then the QB keeps it and goes in untouched.

I agree. Even with a sub par running game you should still be able to punch it in from 1 yard out.
    I would feel the same way as you if it were the Chargers or Raiders instead of the Eagles that pulled out
    a victory in that kind of fashion.
    However, when the Eagles and Cowboys play it will be more interesting for me personally if both
    are division contenders. :)

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

The Eagles with DeSean Jackson back are going to kick some Cowboys arze.

Dimeman better have plenty of Kleenex tissues handy - he will be doing lots of crying after that game, not only once this season but twice.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Sometimes NFL coaches simply outsmart themselves.

• Options

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Yes, but the greatest what is the big question? ;)

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

why didn't you click my japan link , that was a riot to listen to

I would have but I've never forgiven them for Pearl Harbor.

Or was that the Germans who did that, i forget.

• Options

@stevek said:

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Yes, but the greatest what is the big question? ;)

:oB)

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still can't believe Seattle threw the ball in the Super bowl. It cost them dearly.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Darin said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Rodgers did that , he changed the called plays to some stupid playground wave the dude somewhere with my hand thing.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Showing some love for home!

• Options

@countdouglas said:

I just don't get the I-95 tattoo? I mean yes I-95 runs thru Philly and right next to the Eagles football stadium. However I-95 also runs from Maine to Florida. So I-95 is hardly just an association with Philadelphia or the Eagles.

Then again, it's probably not a good idea to question the logic of this fine gentleman because the rest of his tattoos are in extraordinarily good taste. ;)

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

I admit, I'm kinda curious about what else he's had done, and what else he plans to still do? Surely something from "Rocky", either the statue or the image from the "Rocky IV" movie poster of Sly draped with the flag? A portrait of Charles Barkley or The Answer? Maybe Shawn Bradley? Of course there has to be a mural depicting the signing of the Declaration of Independence on his back? I mean, we're only seeing a small sample in that photo. He has a lot of canvas to work with, so I'm sure there's more awesomeness to be viewed.

• Options

I don't have any tattoos and never will. To this day, i still don't comprehend the pleasure, enjoyment, satisfaction, or whatever anyone wishes to call it, associated with a tattoo? Especially the full body tattoos which often if not always look absolutely hideous to me.

Oh well, maybe they'd say the same thing about me being a card and coin collector - they don't comprehend that, and perhaps they'd think spending time and money doing all that is hideous? LOL

• Options

@stevek said:

@countdouglas said:

I just don't get the I-95 tattoo? I mean yes I-95 runs thru Philly and right next to the Eagles football stadium. However I-95 also runs from Maine to Florida. So I-95 is hardly just an association with Philadelphia or the Eagles.

Then again, it's probably not a good idea to question the logic of this fine gentleman because the rest of his tattoos are in extraordinarily good taste. ;)

I think he has had way too many of those things in his right hand! B)

• Options

@countdouglas said:
    I admit, I'm kinda curious about what else he's had done, and what else he plans to still do? Surely something from "Rocky", either the statue or the image from the "Rocky IV" movie poster of Sly draped with the flag? A portrait of Charles Barkley or The Answer? Maybe Shawn Bradley? Of course there has to be a mural depicting the signing of the Declaration of Independence on his back? I mean, we're only seeing a small sample in that photo. He has a lot of canvas to work with, so I'm sure there's more awesomeness to be viewed.

I'm sure there are some you don't want to see! :oB)

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@countdouglas said:

I heard people talking about this on the radio. He grew up in Bridesburg, very close to where I-95 passes by, hence the significance of that being included.

• Options

I don't expect the Eaglet's to lose all their games, but I sure expected the Packer's to beat them....especially at home. There is something going on there with Rodgers. First he gets the HC fired. Now he does what he wants play calling wise and his judgement has a lot to be desired. The new HC must be a "yes" man to Rodger's. They had better make some changes there or the fans in GB will start revolting.

• Options

@stevek said:

@countdouglas said:

Haha reminded me of an inmate who had “495” tattooed right below his eye, 495 ran right to Lawrence, one of the biggest dirtbag cities in my area. I used to call him 495 lol

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@countdouglas said:

Haha reminded me of an inmate who had “495” tattooed right below his eye, 495 ran right to Lawrence, one of the biggest dirtbag cities in my area. I used to call him 495 lol

The most sickening thing are those in the eye tattoos, where they dye their eyes blue or whatever color. I mean pouring ink into their friggin' eyes??? You gotta be kidding me!

That one i completely don't get other than it must be mental illness.

• Options

Huge win in GB, tough to make playoffs with a 1-3 start 🏈

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I think the real question is, where the heck does Jimmy Johnson go on Sundays, when he leaves the Fox NFL show? Tony Gonzalez always takes his place. Does he really have errands to run?

He's scouring the globe for the last jars of Butch Wax.

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@countdouglas said:

The most sickening thing are those in the eye tattoos, where they dye their eyes blue or whatever color. I mean pouring ink into their friggin' eyes??? You gotta be kidding me!

I’m not sure I ever saw that 🤷‍♂️

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@countdouglas said:

You're lucky. Don't use google pics and find it, you'll be sorry that you did.

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@countdouglas said:

Yea I’m all set 😂

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@countdouglas said:

Yea I’m all set 😂

Usually the tattooed eyes come along with assorted grotesque body piercing ornaments.

Nothing lovelier than a tattooed eyes woman with a ring thru her nose, lips, etc. LOL

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@countdouglas said:

Yea I’m all set 😂

Usually the tattooed eyes come along with assorted grotesque body piercing ornaments.

Nothing lovelier than a tattooed eyes woman with a ring thru her nose, lips, etc. LOL

What’s more disgusting is when they show up to the housing units after being intaked and their piercings are out and their holes with the droopy skin where the piercings were 🤮

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@countdouglas said:

Yea I’m all set 😂

What’s more disgusting is when they show up to the housing units after being intaked and their piercings are out and their holes with the droopy skin where the piercings were 🤮

Ugh.

😝

• Options

Eagles versus the hapless Jets this Sunday.

Where has Grote the big Jets fan been hiding? Probably under his bed all football season.

Grote has been under his bed for so long now, along with the assorted little insects that roam around down there, that he is now on a first name basis with some of them. :D

• Options

@stevek said:

Where has Grote the big Jets fan been hiding? Probably under his bed all football season.

Grote has been under his bed for so long now, along with the assorted little insects that roam around down there, that he is now on a first name basis with some of them. :D

Hey kids, let's watch the Jets together
    The spotlights hittin' a QB that's been known to fumble all winter
    We'll get killed on Sunday Night Football so stick around
    You're gonna hear boo's like solid walls of sound
    Say Steve and Perkdog have you seen them yet
    WOO
    But they're so spaced out
    Gr-Gr-Gr- Grote and the Jets

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

Hey kids, let's watch the Jets together
    The spotlights hittin' a QB that's been known to fumble all winter
    We'll get killed on Sunday Night Football so stick around
    You're gonna hear boo's like solid walls of sound
    Say Steve and Perkdog have you seen them yet
    WOO
    But they're so spaced out
    Gr-Gr-Gr- Grote and the Jets

With some credit to Bernie Taupin. ;)

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Eagles were true world beaters, they should have kicked Washington’s butt. They didn’t.

They had better beat the Jets, or the Green Bay win will have been a fluke. If they beat them convincingly, there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    If the Eagles were true world beaters, they should have kicked Washington’s butt. They didn’t.

They had better beat the Jets, or the Green Bay win will have been a fluke. If they beat them convincingly, there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

They did dominate Washington after the first half; score was closer than the game because of a garbage time TD. Remember that was the first action for most of the starters in that game....no preseason.
    Next two games they played with a load of injuries...I know no excuse....and still almost pulled out both those games.
    Still have a lot of bodies out again this week, especially in the D backfield. D Jax will probably miss this week also. Hopefully we can get some of these guys back before the killer road trip begins.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

I could only follow the game on the NFL score site and on TV while I was looking at another game. (Not my choice. I would watch the Eagles and Patriots as much as possible.) It seemed like Washington was ahead for a long time during that game.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    I could only follow the game on the NFL score site and on TV while I was looking at another game. (Not my choice. I would watch the Eagles and Patriots as much as possible.) It seemed like Washington was ahead for a long time during that game.

I think Washington was ahead the whole first half. They folded like a cheap suitcase.

• Options

I’ll have to admit that I’ve never seen this before. An NFL team playing an exhibition game in mid-season?

Anyway, it will be nice to get this exhibition game over with on Sunday. Then back to the regular season next week.

Who is it again? The Pets, the Wets? Oh so sorry, the Jets…of New Jersey, or is it New Hampshire? Oh so sorry again, of New York. I think that’s right now?

Frankly I would like to have seen the Eagles play the little old ladies football team from the local memory care home for some better competition, but I guess for an exhibition game it really doesn’t matter.

After the game, some of the Eagles players are going to sign autographs for the Jets players as a sort of memento of the occasion. With a special Eagles team signed football going to the Jets player who manages to gain one yard in total for the game if that occurs.