• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

James White!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let’s GO!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was a TD......they couldn't even get it right in slo-mo!

• Options

Your out of your freaking mind if you think I’m upset about going into the half down by 4 points with us getting the ball to start the 3rd

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

No, the guy’s foot hit his shoulder before before he reached over with the ball.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

No, the guy’s foot hit his shoulder before before he reached over with the ball.

Yea it was close but they definitely got it right

• Options

So we get the ball back to start the 3RD, hopefully adjustments continue to go in a positive direction.

• Options

70 yard fumble return ... the gods are with Baltimore tonight .

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

That turnover should not cost us the game

• Options

🤬🤬🤬

• Options

They are moving the ball

• Options

They are wearing this Ravens D Down!

• Options

BOOM right back in it

• Options

I feel like Steve in his Eagles thread 😂

• Options

That missed extra point could be huge

• Options

Boy if the Pat's lose this game...….they will be coming into the Link with FIRE coming out of their NOSTRIL'S !!!

• Options

Absolutely zero reason to throw that

• Options

Even after that pick, I like what I've seen from our team. I feel better going forward.

• Options

@PatriotsSB said:
    Our O-Line is str8 trash

We need Wynn back

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems right now that the Patriots just dug themselves too deep of a hole in this game.

And this was going to be a tough game for the Patriots anyway.

But they've accorded themselves well, didn't quit and fought back. Not that i would have ever expected anything else from a Patriots team.

• Options

I'd be sure that before the season began, especially losing Gronk and some other changes, that Patriots fans would have been very happy if the Patriots would be 8-1 at the bye week.

• Options

See you in 2 wks :D

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    See you in 2 wks :D

The eaglet's won't have feather left after that game. They will be known as the Naked Birds the rest of the season. B)

• Options

Why are the punting down 17 with < 2 minutes.

• Options

Did you see that look on Brady's face! He could eat a bucket of nails!

Sure feel sorry for you Steve!

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@PatriotsSB said:
    Our O-Line is str8 trash

We need Wynn back

You do, but once you get him back are you going to give him the credit he's due for the Patriot's passing stats, or are you going to keep thinking of them as Brady's passing stats?

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2019 3:23AM

@dallasactuary said:

@perkdog said:

@PatriotsSB said:
    Our O-Line is str8 trash

We need Wynn back

You do, but once you get him back are you going to give him the credit he's due for the Patriot's passing stats, or are you going to keep thinking of them as Brady's passing stats?

Nope. Brady’s is going to get his passing stats no matter who is in at tackle.

• Options
    edited November 4, 2019 4:56AM

Yea, I don’t think that I would want to be the Eagles in a couple of weeks. The games matter to the Patriots because Buffalo is hanging in there at only one game back.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give credit to the Ravens....they outplayed, outhustled and had a way better game plan than the Pats on defense.
    A rare puke by Edelman turning into a cheapo TD. Two gifts by the Ravens turned into 14 pts, otherwise, the score would be a total blowout.

The Pats were pretty flat, with moments of sharp play, but not enough to get the W.

It's only football, no more, no less. Undoubtedly a ton of unhappy visitors to the New England Dunkin's this AM.

• Options
    edited November 4, 2019 6:31AM

Ravens played well and deserved to win

• Options

@BillJones said:
    Yea, I don’t think that I would want to be the Eagles in a couple of weeks. The games matter to the Patriots because Buffalo is hanging in there at only one game back.

No way I'm guaranteeing an Eagles win now because of the Patriots bad loss yesterday.

If DeSean Jackson isn't back, and I mean full speed, not hobbling around afraid to get re-injured, unfortunately the Eagles are going to have a hard time in that game. Particularly with their porous secondary.

I'm not saying the Eagles are out of it and can't possibly win. But they are going to need for the Patriots to make some major mistakes, and Patriots teams under Bill Belichick don't do that often.

Another factor is Brady may want payback for the Eagles beating him in the Super Bowl two seasons ago. Also the two week bye rest should especially benefit an older player such as him.

i'm looking at the game and I don't like what i see, but it's still two weeks away yet. Maybe Belichick will resign and Brady decide to retire? 🤔

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2019 5:28PM

I finally got to see the Pats defense play against an offense that isn't completely inept.
    And they did not pass the test. Galaxy was talking like it was the greatest defense in
    the history of the NFL. I think he was watching too much of the so called experts on TV.
    I reserved judgement until they actually played against a good offense.
    This will be a tale of two seasons for the Pats. First half and second half.
    8-0 and then probably 2-6.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    New England's defense is beyond sensational

if tonight's game had been 10 quarters the Jets still would not have scored and they probably would've had 20 turnovers

And now we learn the difference between the Jets and an NFL team.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Darin if you think my opinions are based on the spoken words of others, then as soon as i'm finished wee-weeing in my drawers i will try to locate you some much-needed assistance.

moreover, if you think the only reason the Patriots were formidable on defense was due to the weakness of the opposition, then why not take it a step further and say they will not represent the AFC in the SB come February as a result? i'll not only be ready to quote that post for posterity, but i'll also have a friendly bet waiting in the wings whereby you will be forced to wear a game-used Ken Anderson jock strap on your head when Brady goes for #7.

calling out a team's defense based on one game without actually watching the other 8 is the equivalent of playing the transitive property game:

the Jets beat the Cowboys. the Cowboys beat the Eagles. the Eagles beat the Packers. the Packers beat the Chiefs.

therefore, the Jets would beat the _____.

(hint: it rhymes with queefs.)

• Options

Galaxy- I have seen the Pats play before the Ravens game. I was about 99% sure they would get
    knocked off their pedestal once they played against a good offense. If Mahomes is healthy the
    Chiefs will hang 40+ against that defense that you declared beyond sensational.
    I do guarantee the Pats will not be representing the AFC in the Super Bowl, Brady is finished going
    to the big game as a participant, maybe the old fella can purchase a ticket and attend.
    Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson are the new faces of the AFC now, Brady has
    been good but its time for him to go away.

• Options

@Darin said:
    Galaxy- I have seen the Pats play before the Ravens game. I was about 99% sure they would get
    knocked off their pedestal once they played against a good offense. If Mahomes is healthy the
    Chiefs will hang 40+ against that defense that you declared beyond sensational.
    I do guarantee the Pats will not be representing the AFC in the Super Bowl, Brady is finished going
    to the big game as a participant, maybe the old fella can purchase a ticket and attend.
    Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson are the new faces of the AFC now, Brady has
    been good but its time for him to go away.

I certainly hope that continues in their next game which is against the Eagles. The Patriots from even recent times would bounce back off that bad loss and likely crush their next opponent. How they perform against the Eagles may be a sign, one way or the other, of the direction they will go this season.

We shall see.

• Options

I won’t go to war over Darin saying what he is saying, I’ve said it all along that the toughest part of the schedule begins with Baltimore and they have a very tough 5 game stretch. I don’t know how they will go obviously but I’m confident that they will get through it, better than Darins 2-6 prediction. They have a week off and get Harry from IR , hopefully Wynn but not sure. As far as his Chiefs hanging 40+ I’m down with an Avatar bet that they WONT if Darin has the nads to back up his mouth. Let me know Darin

• Options

I'm not going to equate the 1985 Bears with the 2019 Patriots, of course not. Many have stated that 1985 season Bears team may have been the best NFL football team of all time, and i agree with that. However let's not forget that Bears team did have one loss, a 38-24 defeat by the Dolphins.

Even with the best NFL teams, there are games during the season whereby for various reasons, the game just gets away from them and they lose. And that's exactly what happened to the Patriots in their last game. I doubt very much if that bad loss is an indicator of how the second half of the Patriots season will go.

That being said, i do think their next game which is against the Eagles, if they don't bounce back and win, would be an indicator that despite a fabulous 8-1 start, that this Patriots team may not be a Super Bowl winning team if they are not able to get motivated, and step it up after that bad loss.

Everybody knows the "speed" of playoff games gets faster, and teams capable of getting their adrenaline higher and stepping it up when needed, are the ones that go on to the Super Bowl.

• Options

I’m not even thinking Super Bowl with this team, not a chance. Even with their Defense playing well I don’t expect them to carry that swagger against better offensive teams. That’s not even a thought process, but I don’t think they are the type of team that will allow a lot of points, Lamar Jackson brings a different type of game and not many teams are used to that type of QB, in fact outside of Mahomes being able to move well outside of the pocket he is not anywhere as close to being the threat on the ground as Jackson is.

• Options

Watson will be a handful too.