Homeβ€Ί Sports Talk
Options

New England Patriots 2019 discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perkdog- sure thing. When the Chiefs beat the Pats you can go with either my Mahomes avatar
    or a Chiefs logo avatar for a week. And when they drop 40+ on the Pats please go with this Len Dawson
    at halftime of Super Bowl 1 avatar the following week.
    Thanks for playing, will be fun seeing you with something other than that Pats avatar.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Perkdog- sure thing. When the Chiefs beat the Pats you can go with either my Mahomes avatar
    or a Chiefs logo avatar for a week. And when they drop 40+ on the Pats please go with this Len Dawson
    at halftime of Super Bowl 1 avatar the following week.
    Thanks for playing, will be fun seeing you with something other than that Pats avatar.

Well I meant I’d bet that the Chiefs won’t hang 40+ on the Pats but I’m not going to pussy out on you. You got a Bet πŸ‘

• Options

Perk- We already had an avatar bet on the outcome of the Chiefs- Pats game. You don't remember?
    We both agreed Mahomes and Brady had to be the starting QB's. Don't remember which thread,
    surprised you forgot.

I thought the 40+ was just an additional bet on top of that bet.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Galaxy- I have seen the Pats play before the Ravens game. I was about 99% sure they would get
    knocked off their pedestal once they played against a good offense. If Mahomes is healthy the
    Chiefs will hang 40+ against that defense that you declared beyond sensational.
    I do guarantee the Pats will not be representing the AFC in the Super Bowl, Brady is finished going
    to the big game as a participant, maybe the old fella can purchase a ticket and attend.
    Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson are the new faces of the AFC now, Brady has
    been good but its time for him to go away.

Be careful that your mouth doesn't write a check that your a$$ can't cover! ;) Counting the Pat's down and out based on one game is a little silly. :o

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

Avatar bets are the Sports Talk form of dueling pistols. :)

• Options
    edited November 7, 2019 8:16AM

@Darin said:
    Perk- We already had an avatar bet on the outcome of the Chiefs- Pats game. You don't remember?
    We both agreed Mahomes and Brady had to be the starting QB's. Don't remember which thread,
    surprised you forgot.

I thought the 40+ was just an additional bet on top of that bet.

Ok your probably right, I got so much going on I just don’t remember but sounds about right and I trust ya. Ok so I will abide by your post and do the Chiefs logo if the Pats lose also I will do the Dawson logo for the second week if they hang 40+. Now if they DONT hang 40+ You will have to do a Brady Logo for a the following week then, how about that for a secondary bet? I’m good with this bet.

• Options

So I have this bet/s with Darin and an Eagles bet with Steve. πŸ“‹βœ…

• Options

@perkdog said:

Not looking too good for me. Brady getting a nice two weeks rest, Patriots highly motivated after badly losing their last game, and no DeSean Jackson for the Eagles.

If ya want when ya get the chance, upload the pic in the Eagles thread that you want me to use for my avatar, and then it will be all set to go. I may even upload it by the end of the first quarter, maybe even in the first few minutes. :/

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Not looking too good for me. Brady getting a nice two weeks rest, Patriots highly motivated after badly losing their last game, and no DeSean Jackson for the Eagles.

If ya want when ya get the chance, upload the pic in the Eagles thread that you want me to use for my avatar, and then it will be all set to go. I may even upload it by the end of the first quarter, maybe even in the first few minutes. :/

Stop it Steve! I know your reverse double jinx tactics well πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Stop it Steve! I know your reverse double jinx tactics well πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I may need to do a "triple" for this game. LOL

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Don't believe that Paul.....Steve NEVER gives up. :o

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Not a chance do I ever fall into Steve’s web of double reverse jinx tactics. Nope, not ever πŸ˜…

• Options

@Darin This will be my ante for our secondary bet if your in bud...

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I can never fool Dimeman. :)

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

The Dimeman knows and is inside your head! :D

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I know, sometimes it frightens me. 😨

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I know, sometimes it frightens me. 😨

Be afraid...….very afraid….. :Do:)>:)

• Options

@perkdog said:
    @Darin This will be my ante for our secondary bet if your in bud...

perkdog- Sounds good. I really don't want to see that pic for my avatar so let's go Chiefs,
    its only 3 TD's per half, you guys can do it! :#

• Options

perkdog- I did find our original bet. On page 3 of this thread. This is the general bet although
    it appears there was some smack talk by me leading up to the wager. LOL.

perkdog✭✭✭✭September 10, 2019 3:17AM
    @Darin said:

Β» show previous quotes
    Sure. Can we make the bet on the condition that Brady and Mahomes are both playing
    and not injured watching from the sidelines?

Shake on it and you got yourself a bet. Same deal as Me and Steve. The loser wears the opposing teams Logo until the following Sunday. 🀝

• Options

@Darin said:
    perkdog- I did find our original bet. On page 3 of this thread. This is the general bet although
    it appears there was some smack talk by me leading up to the wager. LOL.

perkdog✭✭✭✭September 10, 2019 3:17AM
    @Darin said:

Β» show previous quotes
    Sure. Can we make the bet on the condition that Brady and Mahomes are both playing
    and not injured watching from the sidelines?

Shake on it and you got yourself a bet. Same deal as Me and Steve. The loser wears the opposing teams Logo until the following Sunday. 🀝

It’s all good Darin, I absolutely believed you. I have a terrible memory, that’s 100% something I don’t forget πŸ˜‚. So we got the details down, may the better team win my friend 🍻

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been mulling over a few thoughts about this team and this last loss.

I really, really liked the way we moved the ball with that no huddle. We showed we can be unstoppable in spurts. The red zone was not so smooth, but still it was very positive.

The defense also adjusted quite well after the initial shock. I have faith we can tweak things in the run defense.

Overall, the loss actually got me a lot more confident that we can win a SB this year than I was before.

Obviously, Harry and Wynn are VERY important.

• Options

I just hope Wynn and Harry can ante up with what they were drafted for. Wynn needs to protect Brady and Harry needs to be that physical WR that he is built for. I’m not that confident we have Super Bowl contender just yet, let’s see how we fair against some of these tough teams the next few weeks

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2019 9:39AM

@Darin said:

I finally got to see the Pats defense play against an offense that isn't completely inept.
    And they did not pass the test. Galaxy was talking like it was the greatest defense in
    the history of the NFL. I think he was watching too much of the so called experts on TV.
    I reserved judgement until they actually played against a good offense.
    This will be a tale of two seasons for the Pats. First half and second half.
    8-0 and then probably 2-6.

anyone seen this dude who was talking all sorts of noise last week? you know, the one making av bets like they were going out of style and reserving judgment on the Patriots' D?

darin i said from day one your team wasn't going anywhere because of the defense. newsflash: Mahomes is not the starting quarterback, edge rusher, middle linebacker and strong safety............he's only one of those four. 446 & 3 will never mean a thing if his teammates on the other side of the ball can't get stops.

so for future reference, refrain from calling out another team's D (and another poster) when your own team's is a proven atrocity.........which then, right on cue, allowed Tennessee and Ryan Tannehill to hang 35 on them :D

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin said:

I finally got to see the Pats defense play against an offense that isn't completely inept.
    And they did not pass the test. Galaxy was talking like it was the greatest defense in
    the history of the NFL. I think he was watching too much of the so called experts on TV.

anyone seen this dude who was talking all sorts of noise last week? you know, the one making av bets like they were going out of style and reserving judgment on the Patriots' D?

darin i said from day one your team wasn't going anywhere because of the defense. newsflash: Mahomes is not the starting quarterback, edge rusher, middle linebacker and strong safety............he's only one of those four. 446 & 3 will never mean a thing if his teammates on the other side of the ball can't get stops.

so for future reference, refrain from calling out another team's D (and another poster) when your own team's is a proven atrocity.........which then, right on cue, allowed Tennessee and Ryan Tannehill to hang 35 on them :D

Post of the thread right here πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Options

I couldn't ever vote a player into the Hall of Fame
    who drops such an easy pass as this.

https://youtu.be/16x035QVrEI

Just warming up the smack for Sunday's game versus the Eagles. ;)

• Options

@stevek said:
    I couldn't ever vote a player into the Hall of Fame
    who drops such an easy pass as this.

https://youtu.be/16x035QVrEI

Just warming up the smack for Sunday's game versus the Eagles. ;)

Let the Smack talk begin! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Options

• Options

@perkdog said:

Hey - Now THAT wasn't funny! πŸ˜’

;)

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Hey - Now THAT wasn't funny! πŸ˜’

;)

Gloves 🧀 are off!! πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

• Options

Perkdog "seriously" - when i made the avatar bet, i presumed that DeSean Jackson would be healthy, have over ten touchdown catches by now, and be a major force in the Eagles possibly being competitive in this upcoming game against the mighty Patriots.

So i think considering that, if you have any mercy whatsoever, when the Eagles lose...could you please allow me to knock a day off the avatar time? Make it okay for the Patriots pic to be removed from my avatar on the next Saturday, instead of the next Sunday? I'm pleading with ya here..........

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin said:

In all fairness, when did I claim the Chiefs defense is any good! All I did was take objection to
    you saying the Patriots defense was 'beyond sensational' which clearly they are not.
    So maybe the Chiefs lose to the Pats 56-45. Well I still win one of my bets. B)

• Options

And Galaxy, get ready for a huge Bears ass kicking when they play the Chiefs in a few weeks.
    At least that will be an easy win for KC.

As far as the Titan loss, it tis' but a flesh wound, if I may quote the black knight.

• Options

446 and 3 makes for pretty strong card prices.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Perkdog "seriously" - when i made the avatar bet, i presumed that DeSean Jackson would be healthy, have over ten touchdown catches by now, and be a major force in the Eagles possibly being competitive in this upcoming game against the mighty Patriots.

So i think considering that, if you have any mercy whatsoever, when the Eagles lose...could you please allow me to knock a day off the avatar time? Make it okay for the Patriots pic to be removed from my avatar on the next Saturday, instead of the next Sunday? I'm pleading with ya here..........

Steve, how many times do I have to tell you I’m not falling for your reverse double jinx’s and in this case I’m not falling for your triple double reverse Jinx either πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

• Options

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin said:

In all fairness, when did I claim the Chiefs defense is any good! All I did was take objection to
    you saying the Patriots defense was 'beyond sensational' which clearly they are not.
    So maybe the Chiefs lose to the Pats 56-45. Well I still win one of my bets. B)

I’d be ok with that outcome πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Options

@Darin said:

And Galaxy, get ready for a huge Bears ass kicking when they play the Chiefs in a few weeks.

dont tease me. i want a true ass kicking. like 133-0.

if the Chiefs win by less than a touch or, heaven forbid, the Bears find a way to win, that will give everyone in the organization false hope and will result in at least another year of Beavis (Nagy) and Butthead (Trubisky).

i would throw a major dime titty fit and stop watching (but secretly watch) like coin if that happens

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin said:

dont tease me. i want a true ass kicking. like 133-0.

if the Chiefs win by less than a touch or, heaven forbid, the Bears find a way to win, that will give everyone in the organization false hope and will result in at least another year of Beavis (Nagy) and Butthead (Trubisky).

i would throw a major dime titty fit and stop watching (but secretly watch) like coin if that happens

Runner up for post of the year πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Options

HUGE GAME TODAY!! We got a big time Avatar bet going on between Me and our resident Eagles fanatic SteveK. May the better team enjoy the other guy wallowing in an other logo!! GO PATS!!!!!

• Options
    edited November 17, 2019 5:46PM

After the Eagles-Patriots game today, below is Perkdog's beautiful new avatar until the opening kickoff of the next Patriots game.

If the Eagles lose, i will promptly delete the pic. Deletion may even occur early in the game if Brady comes off the bye week, well rested, focused, and anxious to get back on the winning track, and the Patriots put away the game early.

Frankly, on paper it's not a bad match-up. However most if not all of the intangibles favor the Patriots in this game. I was hoping for a sloppy track which might mitigate the Patriot's passing game, but unfortunately the weather is clear and the track is fast, not good news for the Eagles.

I'm sure that posting this pic will jinx the game anyway for the Eagles, but i just couldn't help myself. No problem, i've just bought a week's worth of Percodan to help ease the pain of having to see a Patriots image in my avatar. If the Percodan isn't sufficient, i'll have to quickly go to the doctor and ask for something stronger, maybe the hospital emergency room.

• Options

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Looking forward to the game Steve! 🍻

• Options

@stevek said:

Wentz, some other eagles.........and Stefon Diggs? lol

• Options

good luck today avatar bet participants! 🍻

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    good luck today avatar bet participants! 🍻

Thanks buddy 🍻

• Options

GO PATS!!!!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@stevek said:

Wentz, some other eagles.........and Stefon Diggs? lol

Yea, how the yell did he get in the pic? LOL

Maybe i'll change it, but i just thought that smiling Carson Wentz pic would aggravate Paul the most. ;)

• Options

@perkdog said:
    GO PATS!!!!

Where'd that "Disagree" button go?

• Options

I'd wish Patriots fans good luck, but you'd know i wouldn't mean it, so i won't. B)

May Brady's performance today be badly affected by a severe case of jock itch and foot fungus. >:)

• Options

Paul - When you get the chance, post a Patriots pic so i can place it in my avatar right after the game or before.

Thanks Paul, and congrats on the big win today.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Huge W on the Road!

• Options

HUGE WIN!!! D took care of Biznez!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘