Home Sports Talk

Philadelphia Eagles 2018 season

Comments

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Steelers had “The Steel Curtain.” The 2018 Eagles have “The Philly Fog.” It’s really easy to run through it.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eagles are in their teasing mood. Keep it relatively close but they'll screw something up and lose this game.

Tease mode.

i'm not falling for it.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our defense is having multiple brain farts!

I do like this Adams kid though.

TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, finally!

Now if the defense doesn’t get a swell head over the resurgence of the offense.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

They better not be teasing me.

Just can't seem to get that key stop this season at the right time. :/

@stevek said:

You know they are Steve! :oB)

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

This could be the season right here for either team.

Big 4th quarter of football coming up.

I picked a bad day to give up Methamphetamine.

Elliott unfortunately looking good out there.

Congratulations to the Dallas Cowboys, 2018 season Super Bowl champs.

I knew it.

+1

Cheat posts welcome.

Unfortunately the “Philly Fog” defense failed to maintain the tie. The Cowboys ran right through, true to form for this season.

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I think it's bigger for us than you. If we win the we are both 2 behind the Skins. If you win you are 1 back and we are 3 back!

I don't think either of us can play with the Rams or Saints.....so what does it really matter??

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I think it's bigger for us than you. If we win the we are both 2 behind the Skins. If you win you are 1 back and we are 3 back!

I don't think either of us can play with the Rams or Saints.....so what does it really matter??

You're probably right.

Give Adams the rock.................................................................

CRAP!!!

GIVE ADAMS THE ROCK

Geez

No flag?

ADAMS....................................................

Still alive...i think? :|

I wish you would give Adams the rock instead of the bomb to Jefferies! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

edited November 11, 2018 9:03PM

Advice to card investors:

Buy all the Josh Adams cards you can...Buy all the Josh Adams cards you can!

This game just doesn't have the feel of a win.

That was way too quick. We need a 3 and out from our D now! :D

The Philly defense is pathetic. At this point Dallas can score at will.

Zeke is having a pretty good night! :)B)

Just ain't happening this season. I concede.

i'm looking forward to the 2019 season, a healthy Carson Wentz starting out, Josh Adams carrying the rock, and maybe Golden Tate will wake the H up.

When's the interception?

When's the fumble?

I hate the prevent defense!

@DIMEMAN said:
    I hate the prevent defense!

You're right, it can prevent winning.

But not this time. I've seen this game before with the Eagles losing, it's actually a rerun.

@DIMEMAN said:
    Zeke is having a pretty good night! :)B)

Credit where credit is due - he owned the Eagles tonight.

Turn out the lights. Last play fell short on fourth down. So much for this season.

I knew it.

Good night.

A win is a win, but our offense should have made a 1st down and not given the ball up!!!

UGLY!!!!

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    I knew it.

Good night.

Don't fret,there's always next year. B)

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2018 4:21AM

Dimeman picked a good week to go back to publicly being a Cowboy fan again

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:
    I knew it.

Good night.

Yes, and Eagle's fans can treasure last year just like Tampa Bay Bucks fans can remember 2003.

In the meantime, Dimeman can rest easy that Jason Garrett has taken one more step in his quest to maintain his standard of mediocrity for the Dallas Cowboys football program. ;) The announcers were saying last night that Garrett's job is on the line given the outcome for this season.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:
    I knew it.

Good night.

Yes, and Eagle's fans can treasure last year just like Tampa Bay Bucks fans can remember 2003.

In the meantime, Dimeman can rest easy that Jason Garrett has taken one more step in his quest to maintain his standard of mediocrity for the Dallas Cowboys football program. ;) The announcers were saying last night that Garrett's job is on the line given the outcome for this season.

Sports Fan 101: You don't start talking crap about another team losing when your own team is due to play later on.
    Hopefully Steve learns from his mistakes.

@perkdog said:

That is why I made sure and let it be known way before this game was played. ;)

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

That is why I made sure and let it be known way before this game was played. ;)

Good timing.

Cowboys deserved the win. No turnovers and basically they out-coached the Eagles.

And Zeke was excellent - my hats off to him.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice sportsmanship Steve 👍

@perkdog said:
    Nice sportsmanship Steve 👍

The Eagles will probably pack it in for the season. If they run table and finish 11 and 5 that usually gets a team into the play-offs, but that is not going to happen, especially the way they played last night. The offense slept for the first half and the defense left the stadium during the last 2 minutes of the first half and turned into Swiss cheese in the 4th quarter.

The Cowboys outplayed them and that's end of the argument.