Just as I thought. They actually do play 4 full quarters lol

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭✭

That was some next level jinxing there.

Robb

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

A least last year was fun. :/

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go Panthers! :):oB)o:)

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in shock, and I wish i was kidding.

It figures, we won the Super Bowl and now the next untold years will be misery as usual. Never fails with Philadelphia sports.

I knew I should have taken up bird watching as a kid and became a fan of that. A lot less stressful and frankly, it's probably quite enjoyable listening to our fine feathered friends be happy. I think i'll run out to Walmart now, and buy a couple bags of bird seed, and spend the rest of the day feeding them, something I've been meaning to do for a long time.

Here Tweety, come and get it you little diseased, flea carrying sky rats................................. :|

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek Philly's problem was they had the wrong HOF QB on the field,had Broadway Joe been under center the Eagles would have scored 37 points in that final minute. B)

• Options

I've always thought Wentz was over hyped.

• Options

The Eagles play Jacksonville next. The Jags have not looked good recently. Watch them have a dinner of Eagle next week.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@DIMEMAN said:

He certainly has not been the same since he injured his knee. It remains to be seen if he will comeback.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    The Eagles play Jacksonville next. The Jags have not looked good recently. Watch them have a dinner of Eagle next week.

I can only hope. :);)B)

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

He certainly has not been the same since he injured his knee. It remains to be seen if he will comeback.

If only they had a decent backup

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

If only they had a decent backup

Foles is decent for a back-up as he proved last year. The trouble is they don’t have a good first line quarterback.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not a good time to ask stevek to discuss the finer points of his team's defense.

• Options

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/nfl-quarterbacks-acl-injuries-teddy-bridgewater-joe-flacco

5 graphs analyzing the effects of ACL tears on NFL quarterbacks

.....Some initial growing pains during the first year back before an uptick in Year 2 seems to be the most common path these quarterbacks take.

Interesting article about QB's coming back off an ACL tear.

I'm not quitting on the 2018 season yet, because I'm expecting the Redskins to regress, and the Cowboys don't seem to have very much. So the Eagles winning the NFC East and getting into the playoffs is still plausible.

However, considering this article that QB's don't perform up to speed coming off an ACL tear until their second season back, and considering how some Eagles games have gone this year, especially today, the dream of an Eagles repeat championship is certainly a long shot at best.

• Options

stevek

Don't let football consume you...life's a short ride...travel, explore and live.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    stevek

Don't let football consume you...life's a short ride...travel, explore and live.

You're right...I shouldn't spend half my time being a Philly sports fan, and the other half collecting coins and cards.

I'll try to change up my time to 40% sports fan, 60% collecting...that is unless the Eagles make the playoffs. :)

• Options

In the past year I've visited Australia, Tasmania, New Zealand (north and south islands) and Italy, including Sicily. The memories are priceless, AND...Better than any nebulous football game, or coin/cards I've ever watched or collected.

• Options
    edited October 22, 2018 5:14AM

@MCMLVTopps said:
    stevek

Unless you are rooting for a “dynasty team” like the Belichick coached Patriots, Yankees or Red Arriback coached Celtics, championship teams for you are rare and something to be cherished and remembered.

Last season was a gift for Eagle’s fans. Remember that the previous title was in 1960. I don’t expect them to win again in my lifetime.

I thought that the Stanley Cup was “easy” in the mid 1970s when the Flyers took twice in a row. They have not won it since then.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    In the past year I've visited Australia, Tasmania, New Zealand (north and south islands) and Italy, including Sicily. The memories are priceless, AND...Better than any nebulous football game, or coin/cards I've ever watched or collected.

Other than Canada and Mexico, the only foreign countries I've ever visited was a two week European vacation of mostly France, Germany, and Belgium...visiting the WW2 sites, Paris, the French Riviera including Monte Carlo, German wine areas, etc.

It was fun and interesting. However I came to the same conclusion as Dorothy, there's no place like home. :)

• Options

@BillJones said:

@MCMLVTopps said:
    stevek

Unless you are rooting for a “dynasty team” like the Belichick coached Patriots, Yankees or Red Arriback coached Celtics, championship teams for you are rare and something to be cherished and remembered.

Last season was a gift for Eagle’s fans. Remember that the previous title was in 1960. I don’t expect them to win again in my lifetime.

I thought that the Stanley Cup was “easy” in the mid 1970s when the Flyers took twice in a row. They have not won it since then.

I completely agree with ya - last season for the Eagles was a gift.

You're so right about dynasty teams being rare. That being said, it sure would be nice if a Philadelphia team could have one of them there "dynasties" once in a while. :|

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as I love my Patriots and Red Sox I seriously only get emotionally involved in the Super Bowl, well Playoffs actually lol and as far as the Sox it’s World Series only. I learned a long time ago that it’s all just fun and I only let a loss ruin a day or so.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    As much as I love my Patriots and Red Sox I seriously only get emotionally involved in the Super Bowl, well Playoffs actually lol and as far as the Sox it’s World Series only. I learned a long time ago that it’s all just fun and I only let a loss ruin a day or so.

Perk I agree with you and MCMLVTopps and Steve.......it's only a game. I have been a Cowboy fan since they were formed in 1960. It only took a few years before they were a good team and got going. They had good owners and one of the greatest coaches in Landry. We won some Super Bowls and were in the playoffs like 19 years in a row in one stretch. Then came Jerry Jones. The first thing he did was fire Landry, which really pi$$ed me off. He did make that great trade with the Vikings......Walker for the world......and we won 3 Super Bowls out of 4 years. We would have won more if he would have kept Jimmy Johnson and let him coach the team. Now here we are 23 years later with nothing to show for it. Jerry as an owner and his "yes" man coach Garrett will never get it done. I have always stuck with them during this terrible time, but it is wearing on me. I don't want to be a "fair weather" fan, which I have proved by staying with them for these last 23 years. I used to get really mad and almost sick when they lost......now I am over it in a day or so.

Like you guys said......it's only a game. ;)

• Options

As I remember it, @dimeman1, Landry had really lost the touch at the end of his coaching career and had finished a terrible season. I think Jones kind of had to let him go.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    As I remember it, @dimeman1, Landry had really lost the touch at the end of his coaching career and had finished a terrible season. I think Jones kind of had to let him go.

I have to disagree with you and Steve on this. That bad season was not Landry's fault.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@BillJones said:

I have to disagree with you and Steve on this. That bad season was not Landry's fault.

Regardless of whose fault it might have been, the coach often gets the blame.

• Options

If the Eagles win this game at Wembley Stadium, I may start liking England again, although it's hard to forgive them for burning our White House in 1814.

• Options

@1970s said:

@stevek said:
    Well, so much for any continued idea of the Eagles winning back-to-back Super Bowls.

It was fun while it lasted. :/:/:/:/:/

Come join everyone on the Red Sox thread then. It's where champions enjoy hanging out. Bring a six pack and sit down at the table. Then in January you can come over to the Patriots thread and hang out there too.

I'm not sure if they still do public floggings in Boston, but even under the threat of that, i would never be a Red Sox or Patriots fan.

• Options

Well so far so good, but I'm not counting this chicken until it's hatched.

• Options
    edited October 28, 2018 9:09AM

Can the Eagles hold on to a 4th quarter lead just this once?

Please.....

• Options

Looking good right now.

• Options

Come on Eagles, wrap this game up so i can enjoy my Sunday and relax a little bit.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Come on Eagles, wrap this game up so i can enjoy my Sunday and relax a little bit.

That game is on tape delay,they already lost.

• Options

4-4 at the bye week. I'll take it all things considering.

Next up in two weeks...the Dallas Cowboys. Sure it's a big game but we need to be careful that the Redskins don't sneak away further in first place in the NFC East, which i don't think they will be able to do.

Hope is still alive. :)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

That game is on tape delay,they already lost.

"They" meaning the Jaguars. Thanks for the heads up.

• Options

Nice enjoyable Philadelphia day.

I'm beginning to like these early Sunday games. :)

• Options

Could use a Giants win today against the Redskins.

Go Eli! Come on Saquon! LOL

• Options

@stevek said:

Great place...…...been there! :)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I'd be very surprised if you didn't visit the Philadelphia Mint while you were in town. :)

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I'd be very surprised if you didn't visit the Philadelphia Mint while you were in town. :)

Philly is a neat city. :)

• Options

@stevek said:
    Could use a Giants win today against the Redskins.

Go Eli! Come on Saquon! LOL

Giants with 37 total yards rushing for the game...are they kidding?

Looks like now the Eagles may need to beat the Redskins twice to make the playoffs.

• Options

If the Giants need a new younger quarterback, I think that Jameis Winston will be available at the end of the seasons. The Bucks will have to pay him $20 million + to keep him next year. He threw four interceptions in the game with the Bengals today, including two in a row, and got pulled. Fitzpatrick almost pulled off miracle comeback but the Bucks defense let the Stripped Cats march down the field for a field goal in the last minute.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    If the Giants need a new younger quarterback, I think that Jameis Winston will be available at the end of the seasons. The Bucks will have to pay him $20 million + to keep him next year. He threw four interceptions in the game with the Bengals today, including two in a row, and got pulled. Fitzpatrick almost pulled off miracle comeback but the Bucks defense let the Stripped Cats march down the field for a field goal in the last minute.

I have never been high on Winston, but Fitz isn't much better.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@BillJones said:

I have never been high on Winston, but Fitz isn't much better.

Let's put it this way. The Bucks were down by 21 points in the forth quarter and Fitz got them to a tie. He's the best second string quarterback in the league this season.

• Options

@stevek The Eagles offense just got a pretty good boost after trading for Lions WR Golden Tate.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    @stevek The Eagles offense just got a pretty good boost after trading for Lions WR Golden Tate.

Hi Eric - Thanks for the info.

I'm very pleased about this. :)

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

All I can say is CRAP!!!

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

You'll love the guy. He was fantastic for Detroit and loved by the fanbase.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

All I can say is CRAP!!!

When a Cowboys fan says "CRAP!!!", that's usually good news for Eagles fans. ;)