Home Sports Talk
Options

Philadelphia Eagles 2018 season

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    If a head coach runs up the score with his second or third string quarterback and team in there, calling mostly run plays to eat up the clock, that is acceptable.

What Sean Maggot Payton did was unacceptable.

Steve I understand how you feel, but with todays game which favors the offense....especially the pass......how many points is a safe lead? Just saying.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2018 8:49PM

@stevek said:
    If a head coach runs up the score with his second or third string quarterback and team in there, calling mostly run plays to eat up the clock, that is acceptable.

I had to LOL this because there is no snowflake flag . If you don't want a score run up on you just win. Be in the game playing and not sleeping. If you have a chance to beat the defending SB champ you beat them like a rented mule , or a red headed step child . Plus its good for the nerds fantasy points

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

I had to LOL this because there is no snowflake flag . If you don't want a score run up on you just win. Be in the game playing and not sleeping. If you have a chance to beat the defending SB champ you beat them like a rented mule , or a red headed step child . Plus its good for the nerds fantasy points

What if Brees would have gone down from a career ending injury with a 40 point lead?

You can call it snowflake if you wish...i call Sean Payton a dumb and obnoxious football coach.

Wait until the Saints come to the Linc. Eagles fans will boo this unsportsmanlike maggot unmercifully. Might turn out to be the most ferocious booing in modern sports history.

Payton better get himself a good pair of ear plugs for that game. LOL

• Options

Bronco has a point......plus he is a HOOT!!

• Options

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

What if Brees would have gone down from a career ending injury with a 40 point lead?

You can call it snowflake if you wish...i call Sean Payton a dumb and obnoxious football coach.

Wait until the Saints come to the Linc. Eagles fans will boo this unsportsmanlike maggot unmercifully. Might turn out to be the most ferocious booing in modern sports history.

so when Bill leaves Brady in when the Pats are up 3 scores thats bad? :D Because when thats brought up in the past you would defend it.

Football is about money not sportsmanship . Sportsmanship isn't even a thing anymore

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

so when Bill leaves Brady in when the Pats are up 3 scores thats bad? :D Because when thats brought up in the past you would defend it.

I've never defended that about Belichick or any other head coach.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that leaving Brady in the game in those situations is silly. Why risk him for no gain? From what the sport casters say, Brady is the one who demands to be left in the game.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

It took 2 years and an injury, but the Rams drafted the right guy #1.

• Options

@hammer1 said:

The Rams sure do look good !!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

It helped that they got rid of a 220 lb weight around their neck.

Jeff Fisher.

• Options

@hammer1 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

It helped that they got rid of a 220 lb weight around their neck.

Jeff Fisher.

The Cowboys have one of those too. But I don't know how much Garrett weighs!!

• Options

The Cowboys may be okay when science improves.

Do you know if they froze Landry's head like they did to Ted Williams?

• Options

@hammer1 said:
    The Cowboys may be okay when science improves.

Do you know if they froze Landry's head like they did to Ted Williams?

I wish!

• Options

The first of the do or die weeks for the Eagles is this Sunday. Are they going to be the Eagles or the Hummingbirds? The Cowboys have put the Eagle’s fate in their hands by defeating the Redskins.

Fox analyst, Jimmy Johnson, summed it up last Sunday. The Eagles have lacked intensity. They have not put the hammer down and finished games when they got the lead in the second half. They have lacked concentration. In short they have been second rate, and last week they looked like a flag football team against New Orleans.

There are six games left for the Eagles, and they need to win five of them. The game in LA is more than likely a lost cause. (And what is it with this TWO GAMES IN LA, Mr. Scheduler? Did you really have to send us to the tar pit two years in a row? Are you a Rams fan?)

If the Eagles win five out of the last six, they will be 9 and 6. That should be good for at least a tie in the division. They will have to beat Dallas in Dallas, which will be no small feat.

I don’t expect the Eagles to pull this off, but that’s what they are going to have to do to salvage this season. The time for resting on their laurels has passed.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    The first of the do or die weeks for the Eagles is this Sunday. Are they going to be the Eagles or the Hummingbirds? The Cowboys have put the Eagle’s fate in their hands by defeating the Redskins.

Fox analyst, Jimmy Johnson, summed it up last Sunday. The Eagles have lacked intensity. They have not put the hammer down and finished games when they got the lead in the second half. They have lacked concentration. In short they have been second rate, and last week they looked like a flag football team against New Orleans.

There are six games left for the Eagles, and they need to win five of them. The game in LA is more than likely a lost cause. (And what is it with this TWO GAMES IN LA, Mr. Scheduler? Did you really have to send us to the tar pit two years in a row? Are you a Rams fan?)

If the Eagles win five out of the last six, they will be 9 and 6. That should be good for at least a tie in the division. They will have to beat Dallas in Dallas, which will be no small feat.

I don’t expect the Eagles to pull this off, but that’s what they are going to have to do to salvage this season. The time for resting on their laurels has passed.

The only hope is that horrible Saints game hissed off the entire Eagles team, and woke them up to coach and play better. I think it will against the Giants on Sunday. Then perhaps the Eagles can gain some momentum moving forward.

If the Eagles lose the game against the Giants, obviously the season is over. Frankly it may not even matter anyway, but at least an Eagles win would provide a stay of execution on the 2018 season for another week.

• Options

Looking at the last six games on the Eagles schedule, they have four division games with the one each for the Giants and Cowboys and two games with the Red Shins. They have to win all of those games. The other two are an away game with the LA Rams, which is almost certainly a lost cause, and a game with the Houston Texans. Houston is like the Tennessee Titians. If you take them lightly, as the Eagles have done with teams on that level, they will beat you. The Houston will be played on December 23. By then the Eagles will either be in the thick of things in the Eastern Division of the National Conference, or they will be playing out the string.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    Looking at the last six games on the Eagles schedule, they have four division games with the one each for the Giants and Cowboys and two games with the Red Shins. They have to win all of those games. The other two are an away game with the LA Rams, which is almost certainly a lost cause, and a game with the Houston Texans. Houston is like the Tennessee Titians. If you take them lightly, as the Eagles have done with teams on that level, they will beat you. The Houston will be played on December 23. By then the Eagles will either be in the thick of things in the Eastern Division of the National Conference, or they will be playing out the string.

None of the NFC East teams have been playing championship caliber football this season, and it's not even close. Of course i'm going to root for the Eagles to get into the playoffs. However unless something happens in those playoff games if the Eagles get in, such as a day of very inclement weather and the breaks, fumbles, etc, go the Eagles way, there's just no chance the Eagles will get to the Super Bowl anyway.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

After this week, the Giants could be tied with the Eagles in the division. Just sayin', LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    After this week, the Giants could be tied with the Eagles in the division. Just sayin', LOL..

If that happens we can change the name of the Eagles to the Humming Birds, Sparrows, Warbling Wrens or whatever.

• Options

@BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

If that happens we can change the name of the Eagles to the Humming Birds, Sparrows, Warbling Wrens or whatever.

How about the "Red" headed woodpeckers! :oB)

• Options
    edited November 23, 2018 12:55PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

How about the "Red" headed woodpeckers! :oB)

No, no, those birds are much too active and hardheaded. Did you know that science still has not figured out how a woodpecker can keep pecking and not bash his brains out? The Eagles have been sleepwalking, not pecking, their way through some of their games.

• Options

I didn't get a chance to watch the game but it was nice to see the Eagles come out with the 27-20 win.

• Options

Barkley making a statement to Steve early on, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

After the Saints game, just when ya thought it couldn't get any uglier..................

• Options

The Eagles in 11 games in the first quarter this season have scored a total of 21 points. For those here who are mathematically challenged, that's less than 2 points per quarter.

• Options

When's baseball season begin?

• Options

I guess it's official. The Philadelphia Eagles are now the Hummingbirds. They suck, and they drawing in a lot of bitter nectar. This team is an embarrassment.

• Options

From the penthouse to the

• Options

Biggest turn around I can remember in a long time. You have to cut them some slack with all the DB injury's and facing OBJ !

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sorry Steve but Barkley is a STUD, they did good drafting him. As far as padding the score goes, it doesn’t bother me one bit but to leave starters in long after the game is won is stupid

• Options

Looks like the Hummingbirds eked out another win !

• Options

@stevek said:
    I didn't get a chance to watch the game but it was nice to see the Eagles come out with the 27-20 win.

Eagles win 25-22, not too far off on the score prediction. I'll give myself an A- :)

• Options

Brilliant playcalling by the Giants in the second half. Perhaps Schurmer was playing someone in fantasy football who had Barkley in his lineup.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I’m sorry Steve but Barkley is a STUD, they did good drafting him. As far as padding the score goes, it doesn’t bother me one bit but to leave starters in long after the game is won is stupid

Paul, nobody on this planet didn't think that Barkley wouldn't improve this Giants team. After the Giants took Barkley in the draft, my premise which turned out to be absolutely right, was that Barkley wouldn't make a big enough difference in the Giants 2018 season as far as playoff aspirations.

Unless the Giants address their QB situation, the Giants will continue to languish in mediocrity, despite having a stud RB like Barkley on their team.

• Options

@grote15 said:
    Brilliant playcalling by the Giants in the second half. Perhaps Schurmer was playing someone in fantasy football who had Barkley in his lineup.

I still cannot comprehend the Giants going for the two point conversion after the Giants scored a TD early in the game, the first points of the game. I don't recall ever seeing that in any football game on any level. And as we know the two point conversion failed.

Penalties also killed the Giants today or they may have won the game.

• Options

Well the Eagles stay alive in the playoff race.

Big Monday night game in eight days at home coming up against the Redskins.

That is another must win game, and the Eagles should handle the Redskins with no problem.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

Yes, they have survived for another week, AND, @DIMEMAN you don't have to worry about getting slapped on the buttand having the name "Sally." ;) The Giants' run of the table has officially fallen short.

Still it would nice if the Eagles could get off to a good start. You can't win when you have to come from behind all the time.

• Options

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Yes, they have survived for another week, AND, @DIMEMAN you don't have to worry about getting slapped on the buttand having the name "Sally." ;) The Giants' run of the table has officially fallen short.

Still it would nice if the Eagles could get off to a good start. You can't win when you have to come from behind all the time.

I really wasn't worried about the Giants running the table, but it's nice that it's over! ;)

• Options

https://nypost.com/2018/11/25/pat-shurmur-liked-our-chances-on-giants-failed-two-point-play/

Pat Shurmur ‘liked our chances’ on Giants’ failed two-point play

PHILADELPHIA — The Giants scored on their first offensive possession and as they lined up for the extra point, the Eagles were called for having 12 men in the huddle. That moved the ball to the 1-yard line and prompted coach Pat Shurmur to take his kicking unit off the field and go for the two-point conversion.

It failed when Eli Manning’s pass to fullback Eli Penny was well-covered by safety Malcolm Jenkins.

“He kind of fooled me,’’ Manning said after Sunday’s 25-22 loss to the Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field. “He played it well.’’

Manning missed tight end Rhett Ellison, who was alone in the end zone.

“I liked our chances of getting it there,’’ Shurmur said. “I think we had a guy running wide open. I think at that point, it makes sense from the 1 [-yard line]. I was just feeling it. It would’ve been really nice if it was 8-0 but it ended up being 6-0.’’

• Options
    edited November 26, 2018 6:44AM

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Paul, nobody on this planet didn't think that Barkley wouldn't improve this Giants team. After the Giants took Barkley in the draft, my premise which turned out to be absolutely right, was that Barkley wouldn't make a big enough difference in the Giants 2018 season as far as playoff aspirations.

Unless the Giants address their QB situation, the Giants will continue to languish in mediocrity, despite having a stud RB like Barkley on their team.

My point was that they took the best player available at their pick. I can’t think of anyone else who has done anything to reflect being a low draft pick like him. Mayfield looks good and like the #1 pick. At the beginning of the Season I thought they should have went in a different direction than RB but I think they made the best choice, I thought you and I felt the same way about him.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

My point was that they took the best player available at their pick. I can’t think of anyone else who has done anything to reflect beings low draft pick like him. Mayfield looks good and like the #1 pick

Well, we shall see how it all plays out in the future.

It will be another interesting upcoming draft in 2019 for the Giants as they will likely get another high draft pick. And see if they decide to use that pick and draft a quarterback.

Sniffing out the right QB when needed in the draft is certainly a high art form. Give credit where credit is due to Andy Reid. He has some coaching faults, but he knows very well how to evaluate QB's in the draft, and Patrick Mahomes is the latest example.

• Options

Steve “If he lived in the Wild West back in the 1800’s they would have called him a Confidence Man” K , we shall see how it plays out although they will be hard pressed to find a franchise QB in next year’s draft. I bet Mayfield and Allen turn out to be the best QB’s from last year, maybe they should have grabbed Allen not sure.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Steve “If he lived in the Wild West back in the 1800’s they would have called him a Confidence Man” K , we shall see how it plays out although they will be hard pressed to find a franchise QB in next year’s draft. I bet Mayfield and Allen turn out to be the best QB’s from last year, maybe they should have grabbed Allen not sure.

<<< Steve “If he lived in the Wild West back in the 1800’s they would have called him a Confidence Man” K >>>

Paul - Show me one specific post out of my 20,254 posts which leads you to say that. Just one post is all. But don't worry about it because you won't find one that legitimizes your inane remark. And If you can't understand the difference between having fun talking smack and/or expressing a strong viewpoint about a subject, versus a con man, then i really feel sorry for you.

• Options
    edited November 26, 2018 2:36PM

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

<<< Steve “If he lived in the Wild West back in the 1800’s they would have called him a Confidence Man” K >>>

Paul - Show me one specific post out of my 20,254 posts which leads you to say that. Just one post is all. But don't worry about it because you won't find one that legitimizes your inane remark. And If you can't understand the difference between having fun talking smack and/or expressing a strong viewpoint about a subject, versus a con man, then i really feel sorry for you.

Steve, really? I’m joking around with you. but whatever i guess you can’t remember the countless times over the years that I have referred you to a fast talking guy but always in jest? It’s all good though, oh and as far as feeling sorry for me gimme a break I’m doing just fine and don’t take CU so serious like you. I mean your the one that people should feel bad for, your THAT guy that spouts off about how awesome he is here like people actually believe your nonsense or care for that matter.

• Options

Play nice guys. :)B)o:)

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Steve, really? I’m joking around with you. but whatever i guess you can’t remember the countless times over the years that I have referred you to a fast talking guy but always in jest? It’s all good though, oh and as far as feeling sorry for me gimme a break I’m doing just fine and don’t take CU so serious like you. I mean your the one that people should feel bad for, your THAT guy that spouts off about how awesome he is here like people actually believe you or care for that matter.

Whatever you just stated, it's not even close to what is considered to be a con man.

My posts regarding your interpretation of "spouts off about how awesome he is" are just my way of having fun. Sorry Paul but if you wish to take it the wrong way, then that's your problem, not mine.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

Paul is fortunate the Eagles won on Sunday and back in the playoff hunt, so i'm in a good mood. Otherwise after his snide remark, I'd be forced to type every nasty thing I can think of about Tom Brady. ;)

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Paul is fortunate the Eagles won on Sunday and back in the playoff hunt, so i'm in a good mood. Otherwise after his snide remark, I'd be forced to type every nasty thing I can think of about Tom Brady. ;)

I heard that the Hummingbirds didn't beat the Giants, but that the Giants beat the Giants, ;)

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Steve, really? I’m joking around with you. but whatever i guess you can’t remember the countless times over the years that I have referred you to a fast talking guy but always in jest? It’s all good though, oh and as far as feeling sorry for me gimme a break I’m doing just fine and don’t take CU so serious like you. I mean your the one that people should feel bad for, your THAT guy that spouts off about how awesome he is here like people actually believe you or care for that matter.

Whatever you just stated, it's not even close to what is considered to be a con man.

My posts regarding your interpretation of "spouts off about how awesome he is" are just my way of having fun. Sorry Paul but if you wish to take it the wrong way, then that's your problem, not mine.

And this type of response is why I jokingly referred to you as a con man, you twist words and spin things to back up your point, most always avoiding your original delivery, usually it’s funny and good for the banter but not with is as far as Im concerned. And that works both ways big guy, I think your the one with the problem, your not going to throw your fast talk at me then make it look I have the issue, your the one who got all sensitive and turned it into this not me. Since your getting all uptight why not log off and start another long break like you did before when you got laughed out of here for your disgusting defending of your hero Paterno.

• Options